Casual Affair (Niall Fanfic)

By niall1D2013

Niall Horan, famous song writer/party boy, finds his image being portrayed terribly by media and is determine... More

*Authors Note*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
I'm OLD!
Playlist!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Ask me questions
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Update: Nov 6, 2018
Long time, no see

Chapter 7

4K 69 7
By niall1D2013

Niall wakes up by a sound of a kettle whining. He groans and puts his arm over his eyes. What time is it? Why does his neck hurt so bad? He hears Ella move around the kitchen. That's right....today he's taking her shopping for the Grammys.

"Niall, are you awake?" Ella says. "I don't hear you snoring."

"I don't snoooree!" Niall whines and pulls his blanket up to his chin.

"Yeah you do silly. I heard you snoring during the night. Anyway, I love your kitchen! It's so big!" He can hear Ella coming closer.

He opens his eyes and looks at her. She's still in her PJs from last night. When they arrived at his house, he showed her around the 2 story house quickly. Told her to make herself comfortable while he tried to sleep on the couch in the living room.

"Thanks, I hope you made me tea too. I prefer mine with 2 sugars," he smirks.

"Actually, I did, but I put 1 and a half sugars," Ella says and hands him the cup. "I can put in some more if you want."

"Nah, it's okay," he says sitting up and grabs the cup, not paying attention to the blanket sliding off his chest.

"What time is it anyway?" Niall takes a sip and watches as Ella sits at the end of the couch.

"It's about 9:30 a.m.," she pulls her knees up to her chest. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," he lies. "I hope you did as well."

"Yeah, comfy bed you got there." Ella sips her tea and clears her throat. "Um, have you told Louis yet?"

"No, I will later though. Have you seen anything on the media?"

Ella nods slowly and sets her tea on the arm of the couch. "Yeah, speculation from last night. I saw online an article saying 'Is Niall's mystery girlfriend hiding something? Past lover reveals secrets..."

Niall rolls his eyes. "That's bullshit. Don't worry about it though. We'll handle this."

Ella sighs and lays her chin on her knees. "I just don't want to make you look bad..."

"I know," Niall tells her and shrugs. "It's really dumb how he had to blackmail you. What a freaking arse. Does he even have proof?"

"Proof?" Ella asks, confused.

"Yeah, since he was your past lover," Niall says and sees the shocked expression on her face. "Wait, you two didn't like...do it? And like...snapshot it..?"

"No! Of course not!" Ella makes a face and fakes a shiver. "That's gross, the snapshoting it I mean. I'm not that dumb..."

"I know you aren't Ella," Niall blinks back the tiredness. "We should have thought of a plan for a case like this."

A case like this. Niall wants to know whether are more guys, what they did, what she let them do, whether she'll let him-no. Stop. Stop. Stop.

"I know, but Niall we didn't know this was going to happen," Ella says, interuppting his thoughts.

"Don't worry, like I said, we'll figure something out," he sips his tea and sighs deeply. "C'mon, let's not speak of this any longer. We have a long, exciting day ahead of us! Let's drink the rest of our tea and start getting ready."

------------------------------------

"Really Niall? Really?" Ella says.

"What? Do you not have faith in me?" he asks.

"You didn't have to like...clear out a whole store for me." she runs her hand through her wavy hair. "I'm not the queen of England. Isn't this a bit too much?"

Yeah, it is a bit too much. But Niall takes every opportunity to spoil her rotten. Plus, he wasn't the one who made arrangements. Louis did. So it's all on Louis...

"Wasn't my doing, it was Louis and Harry. Plus, it's part of our deal."

"Riigghtt," she nods and looks down at her knees. "Buy me the appropriate outfits and stuff. Yeah okay."

Yeah, okay, Niall thinks. He knows it still bothers her, but oh well. Hopping out of the car, he walks over to the passenger side to open the door. Instead, he finds Ella already climbing out herself.

Okay...

-----------------------------------

Ella turns in the black halter short dress. Niall makes a face and shakes his head in disapproval.

"What about something in blue or red?" Niall asks. "Like that red dress you tried on a while ago! But a bit more form fitting...?"

Ella puts her hand on her hips and looks at him. "I've tried on like..10 dresses! Why don't you look for one yourself?"

He shakes his head. "Nooo, it's all up to you Ella."

"I think I got the perfect dress for you then," the assitant says and guides Ella back to her dressing room.

A couple minutes pass before Ella returns. "What about this one?"

Niall stares as she twirls. The dress looks stunning on her and Niall can't help but smile. "That one! You look so...amazing! Do you like it?"

Ella looks at herself in the 360 mirror and laughs. "It's because it hugs my curves you like it! You're such a guy!"

Niall chuckles and stands up. "What? I'm serious, you look really amazing Ella."

He walks over to her and wraps his arm around her waist. "But what's important here, is whether you like it?"

She doesn't answer. "I...well, I do like it, but," she turns to him and pokes his chest. "Aren't you worried that I'm going to be stared out and what not?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "They can stare all they want. Just not touch you or anything. So, is that a yes?" He glances over at the assitant and sees her staring at them, arms crossed.

She giggles and kisses his cheek, "Yeah, it's a yes."

"Good, also you should take the matching shoes. Which ever you want," he says and puts a finger on her mouth before she argues.

"Don't argue with me now," he whispers against her ear. "It wouldn't be nice to just purchase the dress when these nice people closed the store for us."

Ella tenses and she lays her hand against his chest. "The guilt trip is not nice Niall. But okay, sure."

He gives her a small pat on her waist and smiles. "Good, now go find your shoes so we can go eat lunch."

-----------------------------------------

Few days later...

It's been a few days since the shopping trip. Ella left his house Monday once the paps cleared. But the stories of the blackmailer are still around. Niall and Louis have agreed on him to clear up rumors at the Grammys due to major press. He's been busy with getting last minute writing sessions in before they left for the states Friday night for the awards. The day finally came on Sunday...

"Are you nervous Ella?" Niall asks as he buttons up his shirt.

Ella nods and makes final touches on her hair. "Yeah, I don't want to like...trip or something."

"You'll do fine," he says and grabs his jacket. "Just stick with me and the body guard and you'll be safe."

He stares as Ella reaches over the bed for her purse. Thank God she liked the dress, it really does hug her curves in such an amazing way.

"I'm just going to feel awkward that you're clearing the rumors like...right in front of me. I hope they don't start asking me questions." She grabs her phone from the purse.

"You'll be with the body guard, far away from the press at that time," Niall asks and walks over to her side of the bed. "They won't harass you."

She smiles up at him and fixes his jacket. "You look really handsome in that suit."

"Thank you," he says, smirking. "And you look incredibly beautiful in that dress."

"Just admit it Horan, you like it because it's very form fitting," she says.

"Never," he grabs her hand and pulls her onto her feet. With the shoes, she's at the same height at him. "What if they want a picture of us...kissing?"

She tilts her head and gives him a questioning look. "So? Are you nervous about our first kiss Horan?"

"No!" he lies. "I'm just...like...how do I even fake a kiss?"

"You don't," she says and wraps her arms around his neck. "You just do what feels right."

"Yeah but like..." he starts to say before he notices her smug look. "Don't judge me! I just...don't do this type of stuff!"

She laughs and puts her hands on his shoulders. "Then, just give me a peck on the lips. I mean, I doubt they'd want a full out snog."

A peck on the lips? He can do that, yeah.

"It'll be okay, don't think about it," she says. "Shouldn't we get going soon?"

"Yeah, c'mon, let's start heading out. It might take us a while to leave the parking lot," he says and grabs her elbow. "One last thing, I don't know if I told you, but you look beautiful."

Ella groans and mumbles under her breath. Niall grins from ear-to-ear. Teasing Ella will never get old....

------------------------------------

When they arrived at the Grammy's Red Carpet, Niall could see the long line of press ready to take pictures.

"Are you ready?" He asks Ella.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She replies.

"C'mon let's go. I'll get out first," he says and waits for their assigned body guard to open the door. Niall hops out of the black SUV and reaches out for Ella's hand. She takes a deep breath and grabs it. He helps her out and pulls her close against his side.

They're immediately greeted by the host, Mario Lopez.

"Hello Niall! How are you today? Ready for tonight?" Mario asks.

"Pretty good and of course!" Niall replies.

"I see you have a guest! Is this your girlfriend Niall?"

Niall offers the camera a smile and nods. "Yep. She's my girl for a while now."

"Beautiful couple! Thank you Niall for your time!" Mario says before Niall and Ella are guided somewhere else by a blonde girl.

"Mr. Horan, this is the press section of the carpet," says blondie.

Niall nods and looks at Ella. "I'll leave you with the guard as planned. Please, be safe okay?"

Ella smiles and rubs his hand with her thumb. "Sure thing. I'll be nearby though. Have fun being interrogated."

Niall rolls his eyes and kisses her forehead. "Yeah, yeah. Be back in a few."

He gives her hand a squeeze before letting go. He gives the guard a nod to come guard Ella. He makes his way towards the sea of press. He steps onto the small stage they made and he waits.

"Niall! Niall!" They start saying. "How are you? What have you been up to?"

"I'm doing very well. I've been writing with people and the usual." He replies.

"Any comments on your girlfriend cheating on you?!"

He sighs deeply and clears his throat. "The rumors are fake. She has never cheated on me. I believe and trust her 100%. She and I are stronger than before."

"How come you didn't confirm the relationship before?"

"We didn't feel like confirming at the moment." Niall offers them a small smile.

"All right! Thanks for the questions to Niall! That'll be all for tonight!" Says blondie and takes the mic from him. He steps off the small stage and walks towards Ella, who is waiting with the guard.

"You did pretty good," she says when he goes in for a kiss on the cheek.

"I tried," he replies and grabs her hand. "C'mon, time to pose for some pictures." He intertwines their fingers together and leads her towards the flashing lights.

-----------------

It's 40 minutes into the award show. Ed is about to perform, "Give Me Love," his Grammy nominated song.

So far, everything has gone smoothly. No paps in the venue, so Niall and Ella can relax a bit. Niall can't really relax as well due to constant stares at Ella. He swears if any of the men try to speak to her, he'll punch them in the face.

Okay, maybe not that harsh.

"Hey," Ella whispers in his ear, brining him back to reality. "Are you going to the after party?"

Niall shakes his head and whispers back, "No, it'll look bad. Plus, I don't want to leave you alone."

Ella squeezes his hand and lays her head on his shoulder. "Do you think Ed will win Best Song of the Year?"

"I honestly don't know, good competition." Niall glares at the man who is eyeballing Ella as he walks past them.

Ella pats his arm and chuckles. "I caught you glaring at him Niall. Are you jealous that men are staring?"

"Well, he was like a thirsty dog!" He replies. "And, no...just...don't like them staring like bloody thirsty dogs."

"Aw, don't worry! I'm sure they are well aware of our status. Plus," she kisses his jaw softly. Niall tenses up and tries his best not to burst. "You're way more handsome than he is."

Niall looks at her and sees her breath taking smile. Ohhh, she looks so beautiful. How he wishes he could show how much he wants her. If only...

--------------

"Mate! Congrats on your Grammy!" Niall tells Ed and embraces him in a hug.

"Thanks! Our Grammy! If it wasn't for your help, Give Me Love would never have won!" Ed hands Niall the award. Niall stares at it and smiles.

"This is so cool! Thank you for allowing me to help you."

"Man, where is your girlfriend?" Ed asks, looking behind Niall.

"She's with the guard in the car. She's tired and we're flying back tomorrow afternoon." Niall replies and hands Ed his award back. "But she did say hi and congrats. She can't wait to see you again."

"Are you not staying for the party?"

"No, I'm tired too." .

"Mmmhhmm, you just want to sleep with your girlfriend. Make a move!" Ed says.

Niall shakes his head and punches him the shoulder. "No! That's rude."

"You never know Niall, she could feel the same way about you. Won't know until you give it a try."

Niall rolls his eyes and let's out a huff. "I don't have feelings towards her. She's just a friend who is trying to help."

"Yeah? You're almost a month into this relationship. At least a small crush has developed." Ed smirks and pokes Niall in the stomach.

Niall smacks his hand away. "Oi! She's a beautiful girl, not denying that. She's just...I'm not for her."

"Uh hu, okay. Do you really think there will be no feelings developed?" Ed crosses his arms and stares at Niall.

"I'm not the one for her. She can do so much better."

"Mate, you never know. What if she makes a move soon? Are you going to reject her?"

"No, I'll explain to her how I don't want anything to happen between us. It's strictly business."

"Business?" Ed laughs loudly causing people to stare. "This is not business Niall. It's love."

"Well," Niall says. "Love doesn't work for me. I don't do love."

Ed shakes his head and pats Niall's arm. "Sure, okay keep acting like you're such a man. Just you wait, you're gonna be the one getting married first."

----------------------------------------------

"Tired?" Ella asks as we walk into the suite.

Niall nods and yawns deeply. "Yeah, very much so."

Ella kicks off her heels off and throws her purse on the sofa. "Ditto. But I had fun tonight."

"I'm glad you had fun." Niall unties his tie and throws it over his shoulder. "Remember, we got our flight at 1:00 p.m."

Ella groans and pads over to the mini kitchen. "Yeaaahh I remember. I can't wait to go back to work Tuesday."

"Same, I got some writing sessions with McFly this week and others." Niall says and ruffles his hair.

"I was being sarcastic Niall," she laughs and pulls out a water bottle. "Want a drink?"

"Nah I'm good," Niall says and plops down onto the sofa. "Mmmm...comfffyy."

He feels his phone vibrating in his pants pocket and he pulls it out. He sees Louis' name on the screen.

"Hey," Niall says, sitting up. "What are you doing up? It's about 6am there."

"I had to stay up to see what the media says about your little speech." Louis replies sounding very sleepy. "Where is Ella?"

"She's here," Niall says and looks at her. Ella gives him a questioning look and he waves her to come over. He pats the empty spot beside him. She sits down and he puts Louis on speakers.

"Okay, you're on speakers. Now speak Lou. What did they say?"

"Okay, the Daily Mail wrote that Niall gave his speech and blah blah. They said how confident you were when you talked your relationship and the rumor." Louis continues. "Also, how Ella seemed to be 'oh-so-in love' when you two posed for pictures."

Ella giggles and shrugs shyly. "I guess I did pretty damn good, huh?"

"Yeah, you did Ella," Louis replies. "So, hopefully that will give everyone a clear answer that you two are still committed to each other."

"That's great," Niall smiles. "I'm glad we did our job well."

"By the way, Ella...did Niall pick out that dress?" Louis asks.

Ella laughs and takes a sip of her water. "Uh, maybe. Why?"

"Because that dress is something you wouldn't wear!"

"Hey now! She said she liked it!" Niall defends himself.

"You just liked it because it hugged her curves and...sexy!," Louis hisses. "My friend is not someone who you could-"

"Boys!" Ella interrupts. "Please, stop it. You're acting immature. Louis, I liked the dress. It made me feel...beautiful."

"And you were beautiful," Niall chimes in. Ella shoots him a look and grabs his phone.

"It's not like I did it just for Niall," Ella continues. "I really liked the dress. Okay Louis?"

"Okay, but if he starts telling to dress up like a French maid, tell me and I'll kick his arse!"

"I can still hear you!" Niall says. "Go to sleep mate! You're so grumpy when you're tired."

"Shut it! But I will! I'll speak to the both of you when you come back. Bye," Louis says and hangs up.

Ella sighs deeply and hands the phone back to Niall. "Sometimes, he's like the older brother I never had."

"Tell me about it," he says and rubs his eyes. "I think I'm going to bed. It's been a long day."

"Yeah me too," Ella pats his knee. "I'll see you tomorrow morning yeah?"

He nods and starts taking off his shoes. "Yeah."

She smiles and kisses his cheek softly. "Good night then. See you."

He doesn't reply, he ignores her and waits until he hears her door close. He lays down on the sofa and not even bothering to undress before falling asleep.

----------------------------------

Niall was awoken by the noise outside their living room window. He groans and checks the time on his phone. It's fucking 7:45 a.m....What the hell?

He sits up and rubs his face. "Bloody hell. How did they find us?"

He stands up and walks over to Ella's door. He presses his ear against the door. He hears walking and he gently knocks.

"Come in," she says softly. He opens the door and finds her already packing.

"Did they awake you too?" he asks.

"Yeah, since 7 a.m. I already showered and everything. God, I was hoping they wouldn't find us." Ella's tone sounds harsh. She's obviously annoyed too...

"I'm sorry," Niall says and sits on her bed. "I'm sorry you have to go through this bullshit."

"It's okay," she says and walks to the bathroom. "It's part of the job. Did you sleep in your clothes?"

"Huh?" he says and looks down at his suit pants and button up. "Oh yeah, I guess I did. I was so tired."

"Same," she says and comes out with her hair pulled into a ponytail.

"So," she starts to say. "One of my friends wants to meet you when we get home."

"Oh really?" Niall says. "Why?"

"Because they want to know you, don't worry, he knows everything about us." she says. "He's an old friend from university."

"Ahhh," Niall says and leans his back against the headboard. "Yeah, that'd be cool. I introduced you to one of my friends, so I guess it's about time I meet one of yours."

Ella smiles and sits indian style on the bed next to him. "Yeah I guess." She reaches over and fixes his hair. "You need to tame this beast! It's everywhere!"

He laughs and shrugs. "I try. Do you want to order breakfast?"

"Sure, I'm in the mood for pancakes and eggs please." Ella fixes her t-shirt's hem. "And orange juice too!"

--------------------------------------

"Another long flight back home," Ella says as she buckles herself. Niall pats her knee and laughs.

"You could just sleep again."

When they left the hotel, it was chaos. Paps were blocking their SUV, not allowing them to quickly get inside. Niall could've sworn some man pushed Ella out of the way so he could a picture of him.

"I guess so." Ella grabs her headphones and plugs them into her iPhone. "What about you?"

"I'll just relax and watch a movie or something. I don't know."

"Oh. Well, I'll see you in a few hours after a nap." She cuddles into the seat and rests her head on his shoulder.

"You don't have to act on the plane Ella if you don't want to," he whispers.

"I know. I'm doing this because I want to." she looks up at him and smiles. "Plus, I can't get comfortable. I hope you don't mind."

Niall adjusts himself in the seat and shakes his head

"Nope, not a problem." When honestly, he felt something completely different....

---------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385 34 11
It's a fanfic with each of the boys, starting with Harry and ending with Louis. Vote, comment, tell people about it, make the world a better place. :)
28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
6.5K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
244K 2.2K 62
One Direction Imagines, Whats more to say? These are some Imagines that I have written by myself :) The Imagines in this Story will surely make you S...