Writing Our Story (Complete)

By Monsi_Salcedo

Demi Lovato & Harry Styles Demi Lovato moves into a new town after the death of her mother. Her dad wanting... More

Writing Our Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Thank You
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Fun Facts on Writing Our Story

Chapter 24

91 7 1
By Monsi_Salcedo

Harry didn't let Demi leave his side until she had a smile on her beautiful face. He would tell her knock knock jokes or would make silly faces, just to hear her beautiful laugh.
But nothing worked, he starts to get worried as he only let her sit on his lap. He had his strong arms wrapped around her small waist as she was lost in her own little world.
His green eyes would look up at her as he couldn't see the sparkle in her eyes that he had gotten to use to. It worried him but he couldn't figure out how to help her. His grip on her would become stronger as he saw a small tear escape her eye. He wanted to take away this feeling she was having but he didn't know how.
He lay his forehead on her arm as he close his eyes. Taking a deep breath as he inhale the smell of her lotion which was a mixture of cherry blossom and peach. Little did he know that it would soon become his addiction.

"Baby talk to me. I want to help you but if you don't tell me what's wrong. I can't do anything."

Harry would say as her focus was back on him. Finding her voice again as she parted her lips to speak.

"It's just the fact that he's happy with somebody else that not my mom..."

Demi said as a sob escape her lips. Quickly covering up her mouth as tears began to roll down her face. Closing her eyes as she began to shake her head. It broke Harry's heart seeing her like this. Grabbing her head with his big hands as he tried to get to look at him.

"Hey it's okay. It's okay. It's going to be okay. Baby look at me. Relax please."

Wiping away a tear with his thumb as Demi open up her eyes. By his hold he could tell that she was shaking badly.

"He loves you. You know that. There not a women in the whole world that he loves more then you. Remember that. He's not replacing your mom, nobody can take her place. Once you have loved somebody for so long and deeply they stay in your heart forever."

Harry would tell her as he place a kiss on her forehead.

"He didn't forget her as you told me. He watch her die. I can guarantee you that his pain goes much deeper. He watch somebody's he loves for so long die in front of him. You told me that they were high school's sweethearts. Go and try to sit down with him and ask him. He will tell you. You just have to ask, baby."

He gave her a soft smile as he look into her eyes. Demi only shook her head as she agreed. Grabbing his hand as she squeezes tight before wrapping her hands around his neck. Laying her forehead against his as she tried to get herself to relax.
After 40 minutes Demi was riding her bike around town. She was paddling slowly as she just wanted to watch her surrounding. She watch as elementary kids were getting off their buses. Some of them ran to their mother's legs as they hug it. It created a smile on her face as she made a turn into the town's park. She started to paddle slower letting the wind go through her hair. Watching the people disappear as she was now only surrounded by the playground and the small animals that lived there.
Taking slower paddles as a small sound caught her attention. Completely stop on her tracks as she put her foot down. Tilting her head to the sound as she tried to figure out what it was. Looking at the tree next to her before getting off her bike. Placing her bike on the floor as she got closer to the sound. She knew it was a bird but the sound was not what she was use to. Getting closer to the tree as she started to look up and saw a small little bird.

The bird stop and look down at her, before making the sound again. It was as if the little bird was speaking to her. Tilting his little head as Demi did the same. Letting the bird speak one more time.

"Ah an nightingale. Such a beautiful sound, isn't it ?"

An old lady would say to Demi as she came back to reality. The lady would look at Demi as she gave her a small smile. The lady's eyes would go back to the small bird as she continues her explanation.

"You know the nightingale is a bird that carries both literary and poetic symbolism. The nightingale sings about love, but people believe that their a connection between love and death."

The lady would give a small smile as her eyes would go back to Demi.

"Have you ever read Romeo and Juliet?"

Demi shook her head.

"No I haven't but I know the story."

The lady nodded as she began to explain.

"There's a nightingale song in it. It's fits perfectly as it tells them that they will remain together but they are both in danger of death."

They watch as the bird fly away. The lady started to walk away as Demi watch her. Demi got up quickly as she caught up with the old lady. She began to explain to Demi the history of the nightingale. By the time Demi left the park she felt inspire by the small bird she saw today and by her mother that passed away.
Soon Demi had her fingers on the keys on the piano with her notebook and pencil. The lady's words kept on running threw her head.
Connection between love and death.
It reminded her about her mother, Demi like to imagine that her mother's last thought was her father and herself. Her little happy family that got broke up to soon. 

"Can you be my nightingale. Sing to me I know your there. You can my sanity. Bring me peace. Sing me to sleep. Say you'll be my nightingale."

Demi continue playing with the keys and the lyrics until she wrote the last word on her notebook. Smiling down at the paper as she wrote in the corner the name of her mother. Closing the book as she return to her room. Placing her book on her desk before laying down on her bed. Memories of her mother ran threw her mind as it brought tears into her eyes. Letting a tear fall down her eye as she could only smile at the memories.
Demi was pulled back into reality as she heard the door bell ringing. Sitting up on her bed as she quickly got up. Wiping away the tears from her eyes as she open the door to find Perrie standing there.

"Hey Perrie. What's up ?"

Perrie smile at her as she began to explain that her parents are going to throw a Halloween party and that they were going to find their costumes today.

"What i'm trying to say is that. You are invited to the party and do you want to go find a costume with us ?"

Perrie said as she pointed her thumb back to her mother who was waiting in the driveway. Demi nodded as she said agree to go with her. Returning to her room as she grab her bag and threw in her phone. Walking to the car with Perrie on her side as her mother drive to the boy's street.
Soon Liam and Niall join Demi in the backseat as they drove to the mall. As they drove there they made a plan saying that they should be each other's date. Niall and Perrie said that they would go together as they are both blonde. Which left Demi and Liam together. Liam was thankful as they were trying to help him with his crush.
By the time they got to party city they had a few things in mind as what they could dress up as.

Super heroes
Princess and Prince
Costumes made for couples
Or
Cartoons characters

Perrie grab Demi's hand as they began their hunt for a cute costumes.
Perrie was running threw the alley as nothing caught her eye. She let out a breath as she pulled on her long black sleeve. Looking back at Demi as she could see the boys catching up with them. Demi turn around and look at the boys who had found a tuxedo.  Niall had gone with all white, while Liam found black pants and a jacket.
Demi gave them a shy smile while mouthing sorry. They help them try to find a dress as they seem there was nothing. Wanting to give up as they were about to brainstorm for other costumes when a worker came with many boxes. Perrie watch as he unpacked the boxes as a white skirt caught her eye. Grabbing Demi's hand as she began to shake it. Demi look at her before looking at the same direction. She soon saw a big yellow dress that she fell in love with. They waited for the worker to leave before grabbing the costumes. Starting to look through the sizes as they found theirs. Grabbing the costume as they went to the checkout line. Perrie called her mom as Liam was paying for his costume. Niall and Demi were making small talk as they were excited for the party. They watch as Liam walk to them with a bag in his hand.

"Alright that took longer then I thought it would."

Liam said as he put away his wallet. Niall agreed with him as Demi only bite her bottom lip as she felt guilty.

"My mom is on her way."

Perrie said as she walk back to the group. They decided to wait outside as it look like it was about to get dark soon. When the door open it hit them with a strong wind of cold her. Perrie pulled on her sleeve as she cross her arms. Demi move her hair so it would cover her ears as she zipped up her jacket.

"I think it's better we stay inside, before we freeze our arse out here."

Niall said as he pulled on his sleeve. They agreed as they all walk back in. 10 minutes later Perrie saw her mom's car coming. They waited for the car to stop before running into the car. Perrie was at the front chair, as Demi sat down between Niall and Liam. Perrie's mom just raise her eyebrow at the teenagers. She asked them what they bought as Perrie pulled out one of the items she had bought. You could tell that Perrie was excited for the party as she now had a girl friend to help get ready.
They made small talk before they drop off the boys. They waved goodbye to Liam as he open his front door before they left. Demi bite her bottom lip as she still felt guilty on what happened after class. Taking off her seat belt as she open the car door.

"I'll be right back. It will only take a second."

Getting out of the car as she wrap her arms around herself. Calling out Liam's name before he enter his house. He turn around to look at her as he was confuse. He stop at his front door as he watch Demi walking up to him. He watch as she place some of her beautiful wavy brown hair behind her ear as she stop in front of him. 

"Are you okay ? I felt so bad for just letting you leave like that after class. I wanted to run after you and see if you were okay."

Liam only nodded his head as he didn't want to tell her how he felt. Not yet especially when he has this weird feeling in his gut.

"I'm fine Dems. Thank you for checking on me. It just that i'm kinda stress out with work that all. Which reminds me, I have to be there soon, so if you mind."

Demi know he wasn't telling her the truth but she wouldn't push him around. Especially when she has secrets of her own. Telling him goodbye as she got back into the car.

Perrie was telling Demi that she could come over and get ready at her house.

"We can help each other out with the make-up part. Then we can look up hair tutorials on YouTube. This would be so much fun."

Perrie said as she look at the backseat. Demi agreed as she said that they should start looking now so they could practice. Soon Perrie's mom pulled into their driveway as they all got out of the car. The girls had their bags in hand as Perrie told her mom she would be walking Demi home. Soon they were in front of her door as Demi took out her house's keys. 

"I had a lot of fun. Even though it took awhile for us to find our costumes. Start looking for a hairstyle, princess. It better be easy."

Demi nodded her head as she made a mental note. Opening her front door as she watch Perrie walk to her house. Making sure she was at her front door before closing the door.

Demi walk to her room as she place the bag on her bed. Looking back at her desk as she saw her notebook. Taking a deep breath as she rub her face with her hand. Storming out of her room as she walk to the bathroom. Locking the door as strip naked before washing her body with ice cold water. It help her clear her mind as she didn't know what to do. She had two options either show it to her dad and tell him how she felt or hide it deep inside her closet and forget about it. Pushing her hair backwards as she rinse her face. Still not knowing what to do. Washing her long brown hair with shampoo as she made up her mind.
Demi was sitting down in the dinning table with a cup of coffee to keep her up. Looking at the clock as it was now 1 in the morning. Pulling her pink rode closer as she began to play with her hair. For once she didn't feel nervous, she was determined to get answers from her dad. Taking a drink of the half empty cup as she heard a car door closing. She place down the cup and move her small notebook closer to herself. She had written all the questions she needed answers to. Hearing the front door open and close made her stand up. His heavy footsteps made her feel nervous yet she wasn't scared. Seeing his body appear in front of her as he had a confuse expression.

"Demi sweetheart. Why are you still awake? You got school tomorrow...."

He was about to say more but cut himself off when he saw the cup of coffee and the notebook. Just by a small glace he could tell that she has been brainstorming. He could see all of the circles and stuff crossed out. Taking his eyes to Demi as he couldn't be more confuse.

"What's wrong? "

Was all he could ask as he have never seen Demi behave like this. Demi took a deep breath as she only told him that they nodded to talk.

"Can you take a seat please."

He did as told as he kept his eyes on her. Demi stood in front of him as she took a deep breath controlling her emotions.

Clearing her throat as she lick her lips. Making sure they weren't dried. They kept theirs on each other as the words fell from Demi's lips.

"I want to know what fully happened to mom. You only told me she died but never of what. You pretend I can't hear you at night crying yourself to sleep. We can help each other out, we're going through the same thing dad. I want to know what killed her. What took her away from us. I'll actually get closer and not have that question running threw my mind."

Demi knee down so she could look at her dad's face that was looking at the ground. Seeing that tears were already falling down his face broke her heart.

"Please tell me. I need to know."

Demi beg her dad as they both stay there in the dinning room.

~
6/10/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 1K 44
You can't help who you fall in love with. Taylor Hudson fell in love with the wrong boy, at the wrong time. Taylor hated Harry Styles at first, but h...
2K 47 23
Sequel to My Bandmates Girlfriends Sister! As the summer ends the boys finally go on tour. Can Becca stay faithful to Niall? Will Lexi and Liam be ab...
667K 13K 33
Harry Styles and Brooke Evans were dating for two years and were crazy in love with each other. Brooke was a music final year student in London while...
22.3K 1.1K 40
Dεмι ℓ. нαяяү s. NOTE: This book contains explicit content and major character death. If sensitive, please read at your own risk. Demi Lovato is an e...