Talex Who (Tobin/You)

Da MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... Altro

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

43

4.2K 86 3
Da MackenzieGrace21

World Cup time. Finally. Well, not exactly, the national team has just gathered for elimination rounds, we won those, so now we just have our send off series, then a media day in New York before we fly to France to test our luck for our fourth star.

"We did it in 95 and 99, we can go back to back again with 2015 and this year." Carli says as we all sit in the conference room. "We just need to play every game like it's do or die, because frankly that's what they are." Carli continues and I sigh an exhausted sigh, smiling as Tobin rubs her thumb against my hand.

After that meeting, we're released to go do our own thing for dinner, but all I want to do is sleep. Ash and I were up most of the night doing laundry and making sure we were packed up for the rest of this competition, not just the main tournament, since we had a few days to go home and do exactly that. We were roommates, so we didn't have to worry about noisy roommates. We were in Colorado, and it was a pretty chilly night, so I could already count on waking up to my best friend in my bed if I wake up in the middle of the night for a drink or if I had to take a piss. I didn't really mind though, Ash is a damn good cuddler, Tobin is, of course, better, but it's not like I'm biased or anything, definitely not.

"What do you want to do for dinner, babe?" Tobin asks and I sigh, pouting a little.

"Can I take a rain check? I'm really tired. I just want to sleep at this point." I say, smiling when Tobin kisses my temple, walking me to my hotel room door. I open the door and turn to Tobin, kissing her softly.

"Get some rest, baby." Tobin says and I sigh, closing the door and walking to my bed, tossing myself onto it and getting under the blankets. After a while, I hear Ashlyn come in and smile a little as I feel her cuddle up with me, her body heat being the missing piece to tonight's sleep puzzle.

"Next time, we do our laundry on time like responsible adults." Ash mumbles and I nod.

"Agreed. Now shut up. We're tired." I mumble back before falling asleep.

-
Christen
-

I look around the table at breakfast and furrow my brow when I see Tobin with the same facial expression, she notices me and I nod at her, silently asking what was wrong.

"Where are The Twins?" Carli asks as Tobin opens her mouth to speak. "They're usually down here by now loving up on Ali and Tobin." Carli continues and we all share a look.

"Who wants to break into their room to see if they're dead or sick or fighting?"

"Their room has been silent since I woke up. They aren't fighting." Pinoe says and we all stay quiet.

"How much do I get to go get a key?" Syd asks and Kling pulls out her wallet.

"$50 bucks if they give it to you without question."

"If they question?"

"Twenty five. Two bucks for trying if they refuse you." A Rod says and Kling rolls her eyes.

"No. She doesn't get shit if she gets refused." Kling says and I sigh.

"I'll do it." Syd says, getting up and Tobin groans.

"I've gotta see this." Tobin mumbles as she gets up, following Syd out and to the front desk, so I decide to follow as well for curiosity's sake.

"Hi." Syd says to the girl behind the desk.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" She asks and Syd sighs.

"I lost my room key. Can I get a new one?"

"Of course. What room is it?"

"Uh, 351." Syd says and the lady nods, grabbing a key card, swiping it through the magnetization machine thing and hands Syd the key. "Thank you very much." Syd das before walking back over to us. "Up to their room I go."

-
Sydney
-

I walk to the elevator and get on, going up to the floor the team is on and head to The Twins' room, opening the door and walking in to absolute silence, I walk in to see the furthest bed from the door empty, so I look at the one I'm in front of and smile when I see the both of them dead asleep, Ash on her stomach with her arm tossed over Y/N's back. They obviously got cold over night because they're cuddled close, I look at a light on the bed and pick up the phone that is still on, I chuckle when I realize it's Ashlyn's so I go to Instagram, take a picture of them before posting it with the caption of

'Best friend cuddles are usually the comfiest and the warmest. Caught and hacked by @sydneyleroux. Ferociously cuddled by @Y/I/N.'

Once the picture is up, I lock her phone and set it back on the bed and leave as quickly and quietly as possible. Once I'm back at the breakfast table, everyone looks at me.

"Fucking out cold."

"Which one?" More asks and I chuckle.

"Both of them."

"Yo, then why am I getting tagged in a post from Ash?" Tobin asks and I smirk a little, taking my payment from Kling before going back to eating.

"I dunno." I say and watch as Tobin opens her phone and checks the notification.

-
Tobin
-

I look at the picture and grin, handing my phone to Ali when she asks to see what it is, since she left her phone in her room. She looks at the picture and smiles.

"That's cute." Ali says as I take my phone back, saving the picture so I can repost it after breakfast.

After breakfast, I repost the picture.

'Cute best friend moments like this tho. @Y/I/N @ashlynharris24'

I smile a little before putting my phone in my pocket and head back to mine and Amy's room. We don't have training today because we have a game at 5 against Denmark.

"Your girlfriend is adorable." Amy says and I smile, chuckling.

"Right?" I ask as I turn onto my side to face Amy as she sits on her bed.

"But her dog is cuter." Amy says and I chuckle.

"Who are you stalking?"

"You. Y/N doesn't have many pictures with Sortzen."

"Because she left him in Portland with me."

"He doesn't need to keep moving around. Plus I think she left him with so you'd bond with him."

"Well, it's been working." I say and Amy laughs.

"Obviously."

At around noon, as I'm checking my email, there's a knock on the door, so Amy gets it, since she was up and close to the door.

"Y/N, hey. Come on in." Amy says and I look up to see Y/N walking in, she looks at me and waves for me to go with her, so I set my laptop to the side, following my girlfriend out of the room.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we get on the elevator.

"Stuff our faces. I'm starving." Y/N says and I nod.

"Yeah. You two slept through breakfast." I say and Y/N shrugs.

"I was comfy and warm."

"I saw."

"Yeah, I saw the picture Syd took while she was creeping on us." Y/N says as we pass Syd.

"Ya girl got paid for it. Couldn't say no." Syd says and I smile as Y/N laughs at Syd.

"Thanks for the cute as picture of Ash and I." Y/N says, taking my hand and kissing it.

"Call me for you guys wedding." Syd says and I raise an eyebrow at her. "You and Ash. Not you, Tobin." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Bye, Syd." I say, walking with Y/N to wherever she wants to eat.

As we all get on the bus so we can go to the stadium, Y/N gets on behind Pinoe playing music from her speaker already.

"Y/N," Jill says, and Y/N turns around looking at her. "Come on, already?" She asks and Y/N scoffs.

"It's called getting hyped for the game, Jill come on. This is the World Cup, stop treating it like the World Cup, we'll lose if we do that." Y/N says, sitting down beside me.

"At least pause it so I can speak?" Jill requests, so Y/N does as requested. "Thank you." Jill says before beginning to speak as we head to the stadium. Nothing new, her typical speech. By the time Jill had finished her speech, Y/N had already plugged her earbuds into her phone and had pulled up some music to listen to, so when Jill finished speaking, her earbuds went right in and her music was turned on immediately. When we get to the stadium, we file off of the bus and into the locker room, where we all relax until it's almost game time, Y/N was the first to start changing, followed by Ashlyn and the rest of us started following suit. Once Y/N is suited up, she pulls her jacket back on and relaxes until we go out for warm ups. After we've warmed up, we go back into the locker room, get rid of our jackets and prepare further for the game.

-
Y/N
-

When we go out, we line up in the tunnel and I take the hand of the mascot I end up next to, smiling at her as she smiles up at me.

"My mommy is the best ever!" She exclaims and I chuckle, crouching down to be at her eye level.

"Why's that, sweetie?" I ask and she points at me.

"She let me meet you and the team!" She says and I smile.

"Well, I'll be sure to thank your mommy for allowing me to meet you." I say, smiling as the little girl smiles, standing up when Tobin taps my back.

"We're about to walk." She says and I nod, standing back up and taking her hand again. Once we're standing on the field, the mascots stand in front of us and I put my hand over my heart as the national anthem plays, watching Tobin point to the sky once it's done and once the mascots are gone, we shake hands with each other before starting the game. I'm up front with Alex, so when the whistle blows, I tap the ball over to her and jog up into shape as Alex drops to Tobin.

After fifteen minutes, I get subbed off and Christen takes my place, so I high five and hug her at the line before going to the bench, slipping a penny on and watching the game as it progresses.

In the 30th minute, Tobin sends a cross into the box and Christen gets on the end of it, the shot is on, but is swatted away, and out for a corner. Carli takes the corner and Morgan gets on the end of it, but it's saved. I heave a sigh and look over when Kealia nudges me.

"What?"

"You sound frustrated."

"I'm frustrated for Christen and Morgan, they're keeping calm on the field, so I'm being their emotional outlet." I say and Kealia rolls her eyes.

"You're a strange one." Kealia says and I shrug.

"I know."

"Y/N!" Dawn calls out and I look up. "Go get JJ."

"Uh..."

"You got this. Go get JJ." Dawn says and I shrug, getting up, taking off my penny and tossing it on the bench, well toward the bench, but it lands on Emily's lap.

"Sorry, Lee." I say before standing by the fourth official after telling her who I'm going in for and wait for subs to be called. When they are called, I wait for Julie to come over to me. When she comes over, we high five and hug before I jog onto the field, taking her place, giving Kelley and Ali a high five after taking the position I was told to. "If I fuck up, blame Jill." I say, laughing when Kelley and Ali do.

"Shut up. You'll do fine." Becky says and I shrug as the game resumes and I work until half time and go sit in the locker room, listening to Carli and Tobin as they speak to all of us. When we go back out, I'm still on the back line, but when the ball is in Denmark's defensive third, Sam sends a cross into the box, and I level the ball before striking it, smiling as it sails into the back of the net. We briefly celebrate the goal before getting back into position so we can continue with the game.

-
Alex
-

In the 70th minute, Y/N sealed out one of Denmark's forwards and took the ball into space, looking for support, which she didn't have, so she weaseled her way up the field, and as she made it through the midfield, one of Denmark's defenders, Klidenmoes, slide tackles Y/N way too late, Y/N goes down and the ball is booted out of play by another one of Denmark's defenders while Y/N holds her leg.

"Shit." Tobin says as we all stand after jumping to our feet. Kelley was by Y/N's side, her hand on Y/N's back since she had rolled over onto her knees, her forehead pressed into the turf. "Is she crying?" Tobin asks and I look at Tobin.

"This is your girlfriend we're talking about."

"So she's just gritting her teeth." Tobin says and I chuckle, watching as Paul jogs out to Y/N after the ref lets him on the field with waters for the team, and that's when everyone gathers around her. For the water.

"Fake asses." Emily jokes from the bench.

-
Kelley
-

I put my hand on Y/N's back as she lets out a frustrated scream against the turf and look over when Paul is allowed on the team and take a water when it's passed to me. Paul gets Y/N to turn over on her back so he can check her ankle. After a moment, Paul stands up and helps Y/N to her feet, Ashlyn, who had come over to switch out bottles, because hers was empty, helps Paul carry her to the sideline, where Tobin takes over, helping carry her behind the bench.

-
Y/N
-

"You know, you should really stop getting hurt in these international games." I hear Mal say from the bench and I sigh, letting my head fall back as I lean on my elbows.

"I know right." I say, wincing as Paul checks my ankle. After a minute, Dawn comes over.

"What's the verdict?" Dawn asks and Paul sighs.

"She just rolled it. I'm going to keep her out fourteen days." Paul says and I snap my head up.

"Fourteen days?!"

"Yes. If I catch you trying to train before then, I'll murder you." Paul says and I roll my eyes.

"Dammit." I say, punching Paul's bag to my left.

"Hey!" Jill says and I look over at her. "That's Tobin's job." She says and I chuckle a little, looking at my girlfriend, who nods, shrugging as she comes over, gets a full bottle of water and drinks from it before holding it toward me, pointing the nozzle at me, so I open my mouth and close my eyes, cringing as ice cold water hits my forehead.

"Tobin!"

"I'm sorry!" She says as I use my jersey to dry my face and look at her. "Here." She says, handing me the bottle as I sit up, resting on my hand as I drink some water.

"I'm mad at you. Oh shit, that's cold." I say as Paul puts a bag of ice on my ankle.

"Turn around and prop your foot up." Paul says and I sigh, turning and propping my foot up on the bag. Tobin sighs as she sits down and scoots behind me.

"Lean against me." She says and I sigh.

"A please would be nice, you two." I say, leaning on Tobin's shoulder, since she was sitting facing the bench, and I was facing the field.

"Tobin!" Dawn calls out and Tobin huffs.

"Goddammit." She says and I sigh, sitting up. Tobin gets up and goes over to Dawn while Alex comes over, taking Tobin's place.

"I'm done for today, so hi." Alex says and I smile.

When the game ends, Ash jogs over as I rip open the ice bag and dump it on the turf, grabbing my sock, cleat, and shin guard as Ash offers me a hand, so I take it as Tobin takes my stuff from me. Ash helps me into the locker room as Alex makes sure I don't fall and thank them when they sit me on the chair in front of my locker.

"I really wanted to sign some autographs, guys." I say and they scoff.

"Too bad. Maybe next game." Tobin says, kissing my temple as she sets my cleat and shin pad in my kit bag, leaving my sock in the locker as I pull my jersey off, tossing it into the locker before leaning over to untie my cleat. Once it's untied, I pull it off and slip it into my bag before taking off my sock and shin guard in there as well before pulling out my world cup shirt from 2015 because it just ended up with everything and it was one of the first shirts I grabbed when getting ready to leave for this. "Like your shirt." Tobin says and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up." I say and she chuckles.

"My girlfriend loves me, guys!" She yells out and I shake my head, pulling my warm up pants out of my bag and putting them in my lap, waiting for someone who can help my gimpy ass put my sweats on.

"Here." I hear Crystal say from behind me and turn to see her standing up, walking over to me, so I accept the help.

"I was going to go get it wrapped so I can maybe walk on it." I say and Crystal nods, helping me to the training room. Once I'm in there, I thank her for the help as Paul helps me up onto one of the higher tables and I watch as he wraps my ankle and slip on my sweats once my ankle is wrapped, hobbling my ass back into the locker room, where I gather my things and groan as I realize that I've got to get up again. When I'm back on my feet, I walk with Tobin to the bus and sit with her on the ride home.

"Hey, if it makes you feel better, you scored the winning goal." Tobin says and I chuckle.

"A damn good one at that." Ali adds from across the aisle from Tobin and I, Ash resting her head on Ali's shoulder.

"These fourteen days are going to be bullshit." I grumble to myself as the bus starts moving.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

Goals Da pretzee

Fanfiction

66.1K 1K 16
Tobin Heath saved Alex Morgan's life once. That was two years ago, and the two have been inseparable ever since. When a rumor strikes Diamond Bar Hig...
794K 16K 76
USWNT fanfiction set before, during, and after the World Cup.
34K 694 15
Sequel to Your Ex. Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan have definitely had some trials with their relationship... what will happen when they meet up again to...
64.5K 1.6K 32
An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic.