Cold Feet (COMPLETED)

By ANNwithnoE

Three years ago, Andrea "Dei" Mendoza is stricken with wedding jitters and backs out of her wedding to Richar... More

Prologue
Damask Rose
Peony
Morning Glory
Lavender
Jonquil
Begonia
Daffodil
Yellow Rose
Yellow Carnation
Celandine
Call for Help
Update
Balsam
Jasmine
Lime Blossom
Iris
Aloe
Arum
False Reality
Columbine
Eglantine Rose
Anemone
Anemone 2.0
Rainflower
Clove
Ambrosia
Purple Carnation
Protea
Geranium
Hibiscus
Snowdrop
White Tulip
Rosemary
Ivy
Ivy 2.0
Yellow Tulip
Tansy
Tansy 2.0
Plumeria
Ylang-Ylang
Green Willow
Thistle
Green Willow 2.0
Lobelia
Lotus
Basil
Bluebell
Motherwort
Red Rose
Red Rose 2.0
Heather
Statice
Aster
White Rose
Striped Carnation
Anthurium
Girl Friday
Honeysuckle
Betony
Alyssum
Oregano
Epilogue

Hazel

5.6K 457 55
By ANNwithnoE

It's a cool evening and I'm waiting for DTBY to come on TV. I am giving in to popular demand, as you will see in this chapter, because I love my readers and they always ask so nicely for things to be incorporated in my stories.  

So here it is, the long awaited milestone in the Faulkerson couple's life, as requested. There's also another positive development here that is long overdue, and I am sure it will also make you guys happy. Like I said, I always end my stories happy, and we have two or three more chapters to go, and an Epilogue to wrap things up nicely.

Enjoy the night my dears, hope the negative news do not pull you down, but I do urge you to pray for peace in our country and elsewhere, that we all take part by praying for good to always overcome the bad. God will always watch over us, we just need to turn to him for guidance :) 

She went to the bathroom to do her thing, while Richard patiently waited for her. She was already inside for 15 minutes and Richard was beginning to worry.

"Dei...baby, are you ok?"

She finally opened the door and got out, with tears in her eyes. Richard was instantly worried, noting that she looked upset.

"What is it?"

She showed him the pregnancy test kit results, showing two of them with just one line and the other three with two lines.

"Baby, it's positive. Why are you crying?"

"Jay, two of them have just one line. What if the other three are wrong? I'm scared of hoping."

"Don't be. Come here."

He enveloped her in the warmest bear hug swaying her gently from side to side, lulling her to be relaxed.

"Dei, we're going to your OB later today, ok? Nothing can be more reassuring than her telling us that you're pregnant. But for now, let me claim it sweetie. I'm claiming that we already have a baby that's making you crazy over Lemon Squares."

"Can I have one more?" She asked solemnly.

He hugged her to hide his smile, worried that she might take offense.

"Ok, just one more, then we're going to bed."

-----

They were in the OB GYNE's office bright and early, eager to find out the real score. They showed the pregnancy test kit results from the five tests Dei used. To find out whether Dei was really pregnant or not, the doctor extracted blood from her arm to do an hCG test and performed an ultrasound exam on her.

"Dei, even before the blood test results come out, the ultrasound can tell us what you need to know, assuming the fetus is big enough to be detected."

"Will the ultrasound tell us if it's a real pregnancy doc? Like, I mean, if it's not an ectopic pregnancy?"

"We'll see Dei........It will depend on the size of your fetus, and how many weeks it already is."

The doctor started guiding the handheld scanner over her still flat abdomen. After a few seconds, she stopped and ran the scanner back and forth repeatedly. She smiled at both Dei and Richard.

"Congratulations, mommy and daddy, we have a confirmation of your pregnancy right here."

She showed them on the monitor the image of Dei's uterus. It was then that Richard noticed something in the image and pointed it out to the doctor.

"Doc........I don't know much about what the image is supposed to look like. But is this what I think it is? We're having—

"Twins.......yes Richard, two heartbeats, listen."

They listened to a steady pace of heartbeats, one overlapping the other. It was a wonderful miracle unfolding right in front of them, this blessing of twin babies that would soon be in their arms. The thought of having two babies months from now overwhelmed them, as Dei's hand sought his. They were both teary-eyed, both nostalgic over the baby they lost a few years ago.

The doctor prescribed some vitamins and an iron supplement for Dei. Her knees were still shaking when they stepped out of the clinic. Once inside the car, Richard pulled her for a lingering kiss. He rested his forehead against hers, caressing the cleft on her chin.

"Thank you," He said with a lump on his throat.

"No Jay, thank you. For putting up with my baggage, for making me feel loved."

"Remember, Dei......We're in this together. And please promise me you'll take it easy. We need to see Dr. Mike to see how this will impact on your Lupus condition."

"I'll be careful this time, Jay, I promise."

"Will it be too much to ask that you visit your project just once a week? Good thing your classes are over."

"Yes Jay, I'll rest especially for the first three months."

-----

They had an early lunch together at Sentro 1771 in Capitol Commons, excitedly planning for their twins, wondering on the genders of the babies. In the middle of their discussions, familiar faces entered the restaurant and joined them. It was Calvin and Shayne, who was already on her 34th week of pregnancy.

"Hey lovebirds, can we join you for lunch?"

Dei smiled at Calvin, she had not seen him for a few months now and it was nice to see him looking so at peace and seemingly happy. Shayne had her arm draped around his waist and was looking at her and Richard without the usual bitterness, she was glowing in her pregnancy and had a genuine smile on her face.

"Cal, they might want to be alone," Shayne said, hesitant to sit in their table.

But Dei was feeling magnanimous and wanted to clear whatever tension there was left between the four of them. She motioned for Richard to make room and he made room by sitting beside Dei and protectively draping an arm around her shoulder.

Calvin made Shayne sit in front of Dei after which he followed. For a moment there was an awkward silence but Richard spoke first.

"Cal, perfect timing for you both to join us, we have good news. Dei is pregnant, and guess what, we're having twins."

"Way to go RJ! Congratulations Dei, I know how much you both wanted this."

Both Cavin and Richard had an easy banter going on with them, but Dei and Shayne were just smiling, as though waiting for each one to make the first move. Finally Shayne spoke and genuinely smiled at Dei, reaching out to hold her hand.

"I'm happy for you Dei, I know you've been waiting for this."

The two men stopped mid-sentence, waiting for the interaction between the two. Dei squeezed Shayne's hand back and smiled. The bad blood between them was over, and Shayne seemed sincere with her best wishes for Dei. Richard wanted to give them the opportunity to talk on their own and motioned to Calvin to leave the two ladies to give them a chance to talk.

"Restroom, babe," Richard said, kissing Dei on the forehead.

Calvin took the time to step out and call the office for updates, leaving just Shayne and Dei together in the table while waiting for their orders.

"So......you're due to give birth anytime now, right?"

"Yes, can't wait for the baby to come out. We're having a girl."

"I'm sure your baby will look as pretty as you Shayne."

"Dei.......I'm......I know this is kinda late but.....I just want to apologize for all the mess, all the stupid things I've done...."

"You don't have to—"

"No Dei.....wait. I need to do this, to get it out of my system. I've been wondering how I can apologize to you, you've really done nothing wrong to me and I've been such a bitch. I'm so sorry. Calvin has been so good to me, and this baby is something that came out of the blue but it....it changed the way I see things."

"I've always admired you Shayne. You'll be surprised, I looked up to you and wondered how I could fill your shoes with Richard."

"But Dei.....no.......you're made for him, look how he dotes on you. I used to hate it, but I can see that you gave him so much. He's so happy with you, something he's never been with me. I'm thankful I have Calvin and this baby, I finally have a chance to do better."

Dei felt a lump on her throat and tried to control her emotions. Damn the hormones she couldn't control them, but she was just overwhelmed with how things were slowly ironing out for her and Richard.

"So......twins huh? That's great news, Dei. You can always call me for advice, please don't hesitate."

Both of them got glassy-eyed with emotion, mothers-to-be with dreams now coming into fruition. To dispel the emotionally charged moment, Dei laughed.

"Look, this drama between us has to end. Let's take our first selfie together, shall we?"

The men in their lives came back to find their pregnant partners giggling and taking selfies like old friends. Knowing how hormonal both were, they never dared to laugh and just let the ladies have their fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 785 9
Derin, a young aspiring poet, embittered by the loss of her parents, and separated from her sister, is obliged to take up a marriage proposal by her...
371K 23.5K 62
In an alternate universe, Alvin Foster and Danica Ursula Bello comprise ALDUB, a phenomenal love team made popular by chance. But that's not what thi...
434K 22.4K 33
Richard was a self confessed playboy while Maine was your regular girl. In spite of their differences they have managed to become good friends. Their...
3.7K 55 1
Title: Wish I May (MaiDen One-Shot) Story and written by: k3luvsclois aka k3josai Pairing: Maine Mendoza and Alden Richards/Richard Faulkerson, Jr. (...