Adopted by One Direction

By jac_kate

When a girl named Ruby who gets abused at home and one night when she runs away, but ends up in situation tha... More

Adopted by One Direction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
NOT A CHAPTER!
Chapter 12
Please read this! - Important!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Help!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note :)
Chapter 25
Author's Note
Chapter 26
Author's Note :)
Chapter 27
Author's Note :)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Noteeeeee :)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Author's Note :)
Note.
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's Noteee
Second Book: Chapter 1
Author's Noteeee
Author's Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Author's Note!
Chapter 4
Author's Note - Important
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's Notee
Chapter 9
Important
Chapter 10
Author's Notee
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note
Chapter 18
Author's Note!
Chapter 19
Author's Note
Author's Note.
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author Note!
Not a chapter... again...
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
HELLO ITS 2016

Chapter 12

8.2K 213 49
By jac_kate

Ruby’s POV

Flashback......

“I just want to be left alone.” I spat at him.

“Why?” 

“Just stop with the questions and leave me alone!”

“I want to know what’s wrong!” Niall raised his voice.

“Okay, you want to know my problem! My problem is you! Liam told me you’re cheating on me and I hate you!” I stood up on the bed, screaming at him.

“You would really take Liam’s word over mine? What if I wasn’t cheating on you? Maybe Liam is lying to you!” Niall shoved me, causing my legs to collapse. My body fell to my bed, while my head hit the edge of the bed side. It hurt so much, tears started to pour without my control.

“I would take Liam’s word over yours any day!” I sobbed. Niall gripped my wrists tightly, sending shock waves to my head.

“Of course you would take his word over mine! You don’t even trust me! Do everyone and everything a favor and just leave and don’t bother anyone with your problems! We are sick and tired of you and I’m pretty sure Harry regrets adopting you!” Niall screamed at me.

Flashback over.....

I awoke in a dark room, sweat was pouring from my body. I could see daylight seeping under the curtains. I looked around at my surroundings, it was Dad’s room for sure. My head hurt so very much as I placed it back on the pillow. I took in a deep breath, the pillow smelt so good just like Dad. I thought back to my fight with Niall. 

He told me, I should leave and don’t bother anyone with my problems. I guess I do have a lot of problems but I didn’t think it would affect everyone around me. Does Dad actually regret adopting me? I’m sure he does, because I have a caused a lot of stuff through the time Dad has had me.

Maybe I should take Niall’s advice and just leave. I could start a new life and leave all that behind. I could change my name, so people wouldn’t wonder if I was Harry Styles’ daughter. I don’t think anyone would care anyways. I would miss Nan, Eleanor, Louis, Zayn, Perrie, Liam and Dad. I know I’m making a mistake,  I could just leave the country, Australia? America? Italy? New Zealand?

Probably Australia, it’s far away from everything and I don’t know anyone who lives there. 

One Direction hardly visits there and that’s good for me. Which part of Australia would I go to? Melbourne because I know my way around there a bit.

My decision is made. I’m leaving for Melbourne, Australia and I’m not telling anyone.

I better start my journey.

Harry’s POV

What the heck is wrong with Niall? Telling Ruby he thought I regretted adopting her. I know, lots of things have happened over the period of time that I adopted her but we sorted through all those things. Niall was in his bedroom, while Bella and Anne were chatting quietly, Liam was telling Zayn not to panic about what had happened. I decided to head up to see if Ruby was alright. I heard the front door open and close and that made me think that it could just be Louis. There was no one there. That’s odd. 

I could hear Niall sobbing in his room, attention seeker. I headed towards my room, where I had put Ruby to rest. When I opened the door, Ruby wasn’t lying there anymore. I could see a note sitting on the pillow though.

Dear Harry,

I just wanted to tell you, that I’ve had an amazing time these last few months. 

Thank you for changing my life and caring about me. No one has ever cared about me, like you did. I know we had our ups and downs, but I think I was the one who stuffed everything up. I should of never came into your life or anyone else’s life because I always ruin something special. 

I’ve been thinking about what Niall said. I’m pretty sure you do regret adopting me, because I ruined your life. 

I’m taking his advice and running away. I’m not telling you where I’m going, or what I’m going to do. I think this is the best thing for everything and everyone if I just disappear. It will be like I was never part of any of your lives. 

This is the best for everyone. I’m going somewhere, where you can’t find me. 

From, Ruby. 

P.S: I should start calling you Harry now. 

I could see the tears marks on the page from where Ruby had been crying. To make matter’s worse, I began to sob. Ruby had run away and it was all my fault. I had introduced Bella and Ruby and that’s when everything went wrong. 

Where would Ruby run off to? I’m such a shit father, that I didn’t know her favourite place in the world. I think it was Australia, but I’m not sure. She wouldn’t go to anyone she knew because she said that in the letter. I ran into her room, to find most of her clothes gone. She had taken most of the things that were precious to her heart. The photos that are placed on her bedside tables were gone. Nearly everything was gone, just like Ruby. I had to stop her before it was too late. 

Ruby’s POV

I packed all my stuff up and walked out for the last time out of my home. I didn’t want anyone to see me, so I quickly slipped my way into Dad’s car. I chucked all my bags in the backseat and drove off. The engine in Dad’s car was so peaceful, no one could hear it. As I drove off into the distance my phone began to vibrate. I pulled over, to which off my location services. Was this the best thing for me to do? To leave and run? I knew I would get into serious trouble with everyone, but to me that didn’t matter. 

* *

“Can I book a flight to Melbourne, Australia please?” I asked the front desk women at the airport.

“Yes. What class were you after? First, Business or Economy?” She asked, scrolling through the page on her computer screen.

“I’ll take First class.” She nodded. “I can get you Row D, Seat C.”

“I’ll take it. Thank you.” I handed over the credit card and checked in my bags. 

I checked my phone.

3 missed calls from Nan.

Text message from Harry

5 missed calls from Liam.

I switched off my phone and made my way through to the magazine shop. I looked through all the magazines to see which one I would purchase for the flight. Apparently it was suppose to be a very long flight. I grabbed the first one that attracted my eye. As I went over to purchase the magazine, I heard on the TV that was on, 

The daughter of Harry Styles, Ruby is missing. Sources tell us that Ruby has ran away because of a fight with Niall Horan, Ruby’s boyfriend. We’ll keep you up to date with this top story.”

Harry’s POV

“Mr Styles, you need to relax. We’ll find your daughter.” The officer spoke trying to calm me down.

“Listen here, there are so many weirdos out in the world and she needs the protection of her father!” I yelled back at him.

Bella and Liam had gone searching, while Mum stayed with me, trying to keep me calm.

I had told Niall, that this was all his fault. He should of never said I regretted adopting Ruby! Ruby probably saved my life! I could of started doing drugs, drinking all the time, partying and random sex! Why did this just have to happen so close to Louis’ birthday and Christmas? I’ve already cried out my heart today and I don’t think there is anymore tears left.

* *

“Mr Styles, we’ve just had a tip off by a person at the airport and Ruby has been spotted sitting Gate 23.” I pulled my head out between my legs. Mum had been whispering the most nicest things about Ruby and that made me upset and tear up.

“Do you know where she’s flying to?” I sniffed.

“Australia. She’s leaving in a half an hour, so you better get to the airport to stop her.” I nodded.

I looked at Mum. “You have to fix things with her before it’s too late Harry.”

I’m coming Ruby!

Ruby’s POV

“Hello ladies and gentlemen. Flight number KP900 going to Melbourne, Australia will begin bordering in 5 minutes. First class can begin to line up. Thank you!” The intercom spoke. 

I guess this is it. No more british accents, or cold weather. I won’t be able to come back here ever again. Once I leave there is no going back. 

I pulled myself together and went to line up. As the minutes passed, I could feel lots of eyes on me. People began to whisper, “this that Ruby Styles?” 

From the corner of my eye, I could see flashes of paps. They began to shout questions just like always.

“Where’s Ruby? Is the true your gay? Why did you and Ruby have a fight?”

I looked to see I was next in line to give the intercom lady my bordering pass. 

“You traveling alone miss?” She asked.

“Yes, I am.” 

“Have a good flight Miss Styles.” I smiled back at her and saw Dad standing 10 metres away from me.

I walked to my seat on the plane. I’m glad I got first class seat, because I never liked being pushed up against everyone else in economy. 

“Ladies and Gentlemen. This is your captain speaking. I would like to tell you that we’ll be leaving 2 minutes. The flight will be a very long one, so get comfortable! The temperature in Melbourne, Australia at the moment is 25°C. The time there is 8pm. So, enjoy the flight and rest up!” The intercom went off. 

I plugged in my ear pods to my phone and closed my eyes. I was listening to ‘London Grammar’. 

Excuse me for a while

While I’m wide-eyed

And I’m so down caught in the middle

I’ve excused you for a while

While I’m wide-eyed

And I’m so down caught in the middle

And a lion, a lion roars would you not listen?

If a child, a child cries would you not forgive them?

Yeah, I might seem so strong

Yeah, I might speak so long

I've never been so wrong

Yeah, I might seem so strong

Yeah, I might speak so long

I've never been so wrong

I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Harry standing there, breathing quickly. I paused the music.

“I caught you in time.” Harry spoke, tearing forming in his eyes.

* * *

Cliffhanger! 

Such a long chapter to write! 

I have community service now! 

thanks. bye. 

~jac_kate~ xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 3.1K 41
You were once a member of the Rose/Brawnen/Xialong family. But however they abused and neglected you. When you left for beacon things didn't get bett...
69.2K 889 41
When someone she was forced to leave behind comes back into her life. For better or for worse
50.8K 578 47
This is a story about a girl named Bo! All Rights Reserved. Thank you!
11.7K 285 10
When a 16 year old girl's father works for the CIA, its hard to keep a normal life. Especially when the rest of his spy team turns against him. And w...