Chapter 39

Harry’s POV

Could my life get any worse? It has been a horrible three days. Three things have happened: 

Kristin told me, that she was cheating on me.

When Kristin came to talk to me, Ruby had a go at her. Plus, I yelled at her.

Ruby stole my car and got hit by a passing car when she was getting out.

Flashback.

“Niall, just keep following her.” I told Niall, as we drove right behind my car. If she dents my car or anything happens to it I’m gonna crack it. I could see her, talking to someone. 

Who would she be talking to? Probably Mum. The traffic light turned red, making us lose her.

“Great! We lost her.” Niall spoke, quietly. 

‘Yeah, because you’re slow.’ I thought to myself.

“Hey! I’m not slow. It’s just that the lights are fast at turning red!” Niall yelled.

“Did I say that aloud?” He nodded and we took off.

I could see Ruby in the distance, Niall pressed his foot down on the accelerator. She turned right and then left at the next street. Where was she going?

She jumped out of the car, after parking it. I could see a stupid driver, texting. She slammed into Ruby. The colouring in my face faded. The driver took off fleeing the scene, leaving Ruby uncouious on the road.

Flashback over.

I was sitting in the doctor’s office. Is it just me, or do I always sit in here? Is Ruby bad luck? We always end up in the hospital, she’s always clinging to dear life. I don’t want anything to happen to her because I love her and she’s a angel. 

This is Kristin’s fault. If she hadn’t told me about her cheating this would of never happened. My thoughts were interrupted by the doctor entering the room. He had his head down, looking over paperwork. 

“Mr Styles? I’m Dr Lippins.” He spoke, his eyes glaring into mine. There was something weird about them. They were sad, but there was a bit of happiness in them. Ugh, I’m dumb. I nodded.

“I’m very sorry. It seems as if Ruby may not make it.” 

I stared down at my hands. Water dripping down to them. My eyes. 

“Is there something you can do? To save her?”I cried to the doctor. He shook his head and left the room. I want this nightmare to go and leave me alone. Life isn’t fair. I got up and walked to the Ruby’s room. Niall was crying and holding onto Ruby’s pale hand. She was sound asleep. I walked in, Niall got up and looked like he was going to run away. I stood in his way and we hugged. We cried in each others arms.

“I think you should call the boys. It’s time to let Ruby go. Our finally goodbyes.” I cried and sniffed. Niall nodded and walked out to the hallway. I sat where Niall was and held tightly onto her hand. 

“Ruby. I’m sorry for everything. Sorry for yelling at you after what happened with Kristin. You were only trying to protect me and I cracked it. I know, that you’re probably upset with me but I want everything to be cool between us. Can you forgive me? I really love you. I don’t want you to die. I don’t want you to leave me alone with the boys. I want you to stay with me. Please wake up. Please. I’m begging you.” I cried. Ruby’s breathing was regular. She started to awake. She mumbled out, “I forgive you and I love you Dad.” That were her last words. Her last breath. I will never forget that moment. 

I began to shake her. “Ruby. Ruby. Ruby. Ruby! Don’t leave me! I love you!” I yelled. Niall rushed in with a Nurse. Niall pulled me away from her. 

My life is over. It will never be the same again.

* * *

A/N: This is not the final chapter.

A song for this chapter would have to be 'Only Lonely.'

Bit of a shock. In the next chapter, I will explain more of the details. 

Comment on what you think of this chapter and if I should of ended the book. I want comments. Honest ones. 27,000 reads and 9 votes. 

thanks. bye.

~jac_kate~ xx