A weakling huh?

By TJsomething

みどりつちまる or if you prefer English, Midori Tuchimaru. A girl who is deemed as a weakling in her family and clan... More

The quiet kid
The village hidden in mist
Author's Note
The team
mission and reunion
teamwork
emotional sensei
battlefield
A break
Author's Note
Training
Early in Konoha
Week before the exam
Chunin exams 1
chunins exams 2
Author Note
chunin exam 3
Author Note
Yay!
Back to the Mist
Home again
author note
small marriage and chakra
day of war
Author's Note
Fun facts
fun facts pt. 2

Battle of genins

98 6 4
By TJsomething

Sounds of metal clashing fills the arena, as academy students battle other genin. Along with team Kuroishi, or just team Kuro.

"Damn, these genin aren't messing around." Kana comments as they stare at the fight. The yellow haired genin instantly beating the academy student, another one on the same team toying with the academy student, the last genin already making the academy student bleed. The fight became cringe worthy as the sounds of academy student's bones cracking and cries echo the room.

To say team Kuro was terrified is an underestimate. Midori, ignoring the fight as she writes in her book as always, Akihiko holding her closely trying to ignore the sounds as he stuffs his face into the side of Midori's neck, and Kana watching the fight even though she's disgusted by it, she just has to get the details. 

Soon it was their turn, all the academy students feeling sad for them. They make it to the battle area seeing the same team from yesterday, which shocked them.

"You three again?" Kana ask, giving them a glare. "Hey kid." Midori looks up seeing the same boy and giving him a kind smile, the then puts her book in a scroll and stuffs it in her weapon pouch. Akihiko glares at the boy.

"Ready!" they all get into their fighting stances, Midori getting in her clan's fighting stance, thanks to Marina contacting a Tuchimaru for her. Kana just steps back to her comfortable distance, and Akihiko reaching towards his weapon pouch.

"Go!" Akihiko begins by throwing smoke bombs, quickly Midori ties a string from her to Akihiko and Kana. As Akihiko continues throwing smoke bombs Kana makes whipping sounds to confuse the team. To their dismay, one of the team members performs a wind jutsu, "Now Kana!" Midori shouts.

Kana smirks "Alright just don't shout." she stalks towards the girl. "Now senpai!" he smirks "I love it when you call me that." the crowd cringes at that but continues to pay attention.

"I'm sorry Midori." the boy says.

He performs various jutsus and combine them, Midori barely getting past them. She dodges and blocks the best she can, getting burn marks and scratches while she gets closer to her opponent.

"You're only going to get hurt!" the boy shouts, showing tears in the process. "Stop crying! You shouldn't cry in a place like this, if you care about your team man up and fight forreal!" both teams turn in shock "That's the longest she's ever spoke." Kana says out loud, the academy students agreed. "He never cries." the girl on the opposite team states.

"Fine!" he shouts. He then reverts to taijutsu, being the biggest mistake for him. "No go back to ninjutsu! You can't win this Joku!" one of the teammates shout.

"She's a Tuchimaru are you crazy?!" The other states. Then Joku stops, realization hitting him, quickly reverting back to throwing random jutsus in panic.

Kana and Akihiko begin to fight the two teammates quickly gaining the advantage. Kana whipping the girl with no mercy, still upset about yesterday. Akihiko using his explosive shurekens.

Midori skillfully dodges and slides, that's when she reaches for a scroll. "W-Wait!" she shouts. He stops, which is incredibly a stupid idea, but he's a genin, what would you expect?

Midori throws the boomerang that pops out of the scroll and continues fighting Joku, she then jumps, grabbing it in time and slices his chest. He cries in agony, as blood appears dripping on the cold floor.

"Joku!" his teammates shout rushing over to him. "I'm sorry Joku, but my team and I have done too much to return to the academy." Her eyes become shadow like by her bang as she walks back to her team, the genins all beat up. Whip marks, burned skin, and scratches on Juko's team.

Midori's team having cuts all over, both deep and small, Akihiko with Kunais injected in his body. The medical ninjas rush to both team's aid.

"That's the strength of a Tuchimaru?" Kuroishi asks. Marina shakes her head "She held back, I'm just glad the fire jutsus didn't trigger her again."

"Well she surely seems to have improved from what their teacher has told me." the Mizukage states. Marina, along with Kina smiles at Midori and her team.

"Kuroishi, do you have anything to say?" the Mizukage asks. "They seem like a good team, but lack the ability to hold back their emotions during a fight, if the battle was life or death they would've been killed."

Kina's flashback

"I'm sorry."

"I'm so so sorry!" crying the white haired girl weeps over her now dead friend "I-I had to, I'm sorry." she screams as she is suddenly pulled away from the lifeless pile of bodies. "Put me down!" she struggles, trying to get out of the iron grip of her teacher. "There is no use in crying over a dead body." he states.

Kina's flashback over

"I'm just glad both teams are still alive." she mutters.

"We apologize for our behavior team Kuroishi, I hope you can forgive us for being so hostile to you." the now almost healed Joku bows to them, showing his respect and apologies. His teammates does the same. "Its alright kid, I forgive ya, but touch my lovely Mido-chan again and I'll murder you." Akihiko states.

"Fine, I guess I can forgive you three." Kana says, studying her nails. They all look at Midori, who is still writing in her book.

Akihiko bends down, placing his arm around her shoulders, then leans in giving her a kiss on the cheek "Mido-chan~ you have to forgive your friend's team~" Midori looks up, ignoring the fact that Akihiko is acting like a boyfriend towards her. "I'm sorry, I didn't process what you were saying but I heard you, its alright." she then returns to her book, Akihiko reading along occasionally asking her what a word means, since her vocabulary is more diverse than his.

The Mizukage, Kina, Marina, Ana's father and Akihiko's father laughs at the scene. The senseis all stare confused, except Kuroishi, who sighs and facepalms.

"That stupid blonde, he still has three Kunais in him and he can still act like that." Kuroishi sighs again. "This team is going to be a handful, thankfully its one quiet child in the group."

"Hey auntie! Now that we're genin can we go to that village and get our sushi back?!" Akihiko shouts. The Mizukage stands up from her seat. "Its Mizukage to you young man and not until your team agrees! I will not have my nephew running alone into a village with a thuggish man who owns it!" she shouts.

"Guys can we go?" He asks them. They nod their heads "They agreed auntie!" he shouts. The Mizukage sighs, but a vein seems to pop on her forehead "Its Mizukage to you! How many times do I have to tell you this! And fine but your sensei will be coming along." she agrees. "This is going to be a very annoying mission." Kuroishi mutters.

"Yeah! We're going to save our sushi bar!" he shouts, pumping his fist in the air.

"Don't worry Mido-chan! Once the mission is complete we'll be able to go on more dates!" he says loudly. Midori, still writing in her book as she heard him, but then again didn't process it.

"Is she always like this?" Kuroishi asks. "Yeah, sometimes she doesn't process what someone says but she hears it. Its like shes ignoring you, but not on purpose." Kina explains.  He nods. "She surely processes something when she feels threatened." he comments.

"Well that's because of her clan, since she doesn't have access to the full kekkei genkei of her clan shes deemed as weak to them, no one was allowed to train her in her clan's fighting style because her mother didn't want the clan's talent to be wasted on someone who wasn't born with all of the senses of the clan, she has many basic human instincts along with other senses, like body heat from afar for example." Marina explains.

"Well what are the things that she can't process? Or can't sense?" he ask out of curiosity. Kina looks down "It seems that one of the things she doesn't seem to process is affection. The other two are sympathy and jokes." she answers.

Kuroishi becomes silent, not knowing what to say. "Shes quiet when shes doesn't process something or when shes writing, no wonder she doesn't speak alot around them, she doesn't process their bond." he then comes to realization, feeling a bit sorry for the group of kids.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 13K 44
"Our weakness becomes our strength. It's what makes us stronger, helps is grow, helps us to be able to protect the ones we love, it helps us to be ab...
216 34 10
Hidden Leaf Village rise of power was rumored due to the influence of one man army. Possessing unfathomable strength and speed, that one man army is...
48.3K 2.1K 47
After the Fourth Shinobi War was over, Tenten could finally mourn the loss of her lover and teammate, Neji. When a strange woman approaches her one d...
353K 13.2K 32
(FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEAM EIGHT UNLEASHED) The Shinobi world is a harsh, unforgiving place. Akari Kita knows this. And yet, it's been her dream to beco...