Talex Who (Tobin/You)

By MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

39

4K 73 3
By MackenzieGrace21

I sigh as I get out of bed and get out of bed, getting ready for practice as Ash yells at me from the kitchen.

"I'm coming! Chill!" I yell as I check my kit bag to make sure I have everything; cleats, socks, training kit, shin pads, my phone, shades, keys.

"Hurry up! I will eat your waffles!" Ash yells and I groan, tossing the bag onto my shoulder, heading into the kitchen and glaring at Ash.

"I'll fight you if you touch my waffle."

"Good morning to you too, sunshine." She says and I roll my eyes, stuffing my face before washing my plate after I've emptied it. "So we takin separate cars today?" Ash asks and I nod.

"I haven't touched that car since I got it." I say and Ash pouts. "You can ride with me I you want." I say and she shrugs.

"Nah. Let's go." She says and I nod, following her out of the house, to our cars, we get in the driver's seats at the same time and I toss my kit bag into the passenger seat, turning on the Jeep as Ash does the same to hers and pair my phone to the Bluetooth in the stereo, playing Party by Chris Brown as I back out of the driveway once Ash is down the street and drive to practice, parking next to Alex as Say It plays, I turn off the Jeep and grab my phone and kit bag before getting out, and locking the Jeep as I walk with Ash, Ali and Alex into the locker room where we get ready for training.

"So we've got a little over a month before our season and home opener against Portland." Tom starts as we all stand around him before training officially starts. "We're here for three hours today, let's make these three hours matter." He says before releasing us to train. Half way through practice, Alex, Danica, Toni and I are all called over to goal so we can help Ash and Aubrey in goal as we work on our striking.

"You'd think that as professional Strikers we'd have this on lock." Dani jokes and I nudge her.

"Hey, I'm 27, and I'm still getting used to this life thing." I say before rushing to level a cross from Dani and striking it to Ash, who of course saves it. "At least make me look challenging." I joke to Ash before going to the back of the line with Alex.

-
Tobin
-

I groan as I get up after getting tackled by Allie.

"You good?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah. Just a little turned around." I say before getting back into training.

-

After training, we all head into the locker room in an exhausted silence, and I check my phone before bothering to change and I smile at the response I got from Ash, who was helping me surprise Y/N. After I get home from training, Sonett is supposed to come over and get Sortzen for me so I can fly to Orlando to spend a couple of days with Y/N. Ash texted me yesterday while Y/N was off doing her own thing when they were both at the gym and told me about the rough night Y/N had with nightmares, and suggested I pay them a visit for the three days off Mark gave the team. Ash texted me during practice saying that Y/N had gone shopping with some of the girls and wouldn't be back for a while, but she'd be home before I landed, and was guaranteed to fall asleep before I'd get to their house. Which is a good thing because I want to surprise Y/N by sitting in the kitchen when she goes for food. Fool proof. I set my phone to the side and get changed before heading home so I can pack for my trip, and waiting for Emily when I finish. When Emily arrives, she takes Sortzen and disappears while I put the Rover in the garage and make sure both of Y/N's cars are secure in the garage and lock up the house on my way out to my car so I can head to the airport.

-

When I land in Orlando, I take my bag and head to where Ashlyn said to meet her, when I see her, I walk over and hug her before walking with her to her black Jeep, which usually has some of Y/N's stuff in it, but doesn't this trip.

"The club president got her a Jeep once he found out that the whole team was trying to get her one for helping us with the championship last season. She moved out of my car today." As explains as she leaves the airport parking lot and drives off to her house. When we get there, I see a white Jeep parked in the driveway and I look at Ash. "That's Y/N's. She's out cold." Ash explains as she parks the car and turns it off. We get out and head in, once we're inside, Ash takes my bag to Y/N's room and comes back, sitting next to me. "She told me to wake her up in a half hour. But I'll just let her wake up on her own." Ash says and I chuckle.

-

When Y/N finally does wake up, I'm sitting at the kitchen island drinking water as she comes over to me, kisses my cheek and heads to the fridge, yawning.

"Hey, Tob." She says, opening the fridge and freezes as I watch her. After a second, she turns to me and her jaw drops as I stand up, getting ready for when she runs at me, jumping into my arms and hiding her face in my neck as she hugs me tight. "Tobs!" She exclaims. "You're here!" She says and I chuckle, kissing her nose softly. "Wait. You're here. How?" She asks as I carry her to her room and laying her on the bed before joining her, pulling close and holding her close as she rests her head on my chest.

"Mark gave the team a few days off. I thought I'd come spend a couple days with you." I explain after we've gotten comfortable.

"Well, thank Mark for me when you get back to Portland. That is if I let you leave." She says and I smile. "I miss you. I love you." She says and I kiss the top of her head.

"I love and miss you too." I say and smile when she lets out a cute little squeak.

"Yay." She says and I chuckle at how cute she is.

"So, Ash told me about your nightmares." I say and kiss Y/N's head as she groans.

"I don't want to talk about them." Y/N says and I sigh.

"Alright." I say, rubbing Y/N's shoulder as she hides in my neck.

-
Y/N
-

I sigh against Tobin's neck, playing with her shirt to calm myself down from the memory of the nightmares I had.

"I love you." Tobin mumbles and I press my face further into her neck.

"I love you too." I say and relax as she traces my spine.

In the morning, I groan as I wake up on my back, and look around my room, to see Tobin's kit bag from last year. Either it's hers or I'm dreaming, it's hard to miss the big 17 on the bag under the PTFC crest.

"Hey." I hear Tobin say from the door way and I look up at her. "You were still out cold when I woke up so Ash and I went to the store to get some stuff for breakfast. It's ready if you want some." She says and I nod, getting up and following her to the kitchen, where Ash is already eating, so I sit with them and we all eat in a comfortable silence.

"Hurry up, Y/N we've got practice today." Ash says as I put a forkful in my mouth, so I nod as I finish and groan as Tobin takes our plates.

"Nope, you two go get ready for training." Tobin says and I roll my eyes, but go to my room and get my kit bag together before leaving my room again and waiting for Ash in the living room with Tobin.

"Ash! Move your ass or I'm leaving you!" I yell out and roll my eyes when I hear her groan. "Kay! Bye!" I say, turning and kissing Tobin before leaving the house, heading to my Jeep, getting in, turning it on, putting some music on before pulling out of the driveway as Ash jogs to her Jeep. When I get to the stadium, I park next to where Ashlyn does and get out after turning the car off and heading into the locker room to change. When Ash comes in, I catch her kit bag when she throws it at me and toss it down the line of girls to Ali, winking at Ash who just stands there staring at me. "I'm not a liar, Harris, you took too long, so I left, like I said I would." I say as Ali tosses Ash's bag back to her.

After training, I head home to Tobin and groan as I stretch out on the couch with her after getting a shower.

"Tobin, your girlfriend is being mean to me." Ash whines, plopping down on the couch next to the one Tobin and I are on.

"How?" Tobin asks, playing with my hair.

"She left me behind this morning." Ash says and I make a face at Ash.

"I told you to hurry up, after you told me the same thing." I say and Ash huffs.

"Quiet, you." Ash says and I stick my tongue out at her.

"You two, do I have to lock you guys in a room together?" Tobin asks and I shake my head. "Good. Stop bickering like toddlers then." She says and I turn over onto my back to look up at Tobin.

"See, we're just bickering, it's not like toddlers, because we are toddlers. We just look 27 and 34." I say and laugh when I see Ash nodding, pointing at me. "Also, Alex and Ali are coming over. Want to say hi to you. Spend some time with us." I say, poking Tobin in the stomach, laughing as Tobin grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers.

"Cool." Tobin says and I nod. "When are they getting here?" Tobin asks as there's a knock on the door.

"Right now." Ash says, getting up and opening the door for Ali and Alex, of course, kissing Ali while Blue comes and jumps on my stomach, making me groan as he sits on my crotch.

"Hi buddy." I say, scratching his head and pushing him to my lap so I can sit up and give him more attention and breathe at the same time.

"And what about Auntie Ash?" Ash asks, coming and sitting on the same couch she was sitting on, Blue looks at her and then back at me before licking my chin and curling up between Tobin and I. "Fine then."

"I'm sure he's only staying here for Tobin." I say and chuckle as Blue huffs before getting up and going over to Ash, sitting in front of her, staring up at her, so I scoot over, into Tobin so Alex can sit, since Ali and Ash are on the love seat. I rest my head on Tobin's shoulder and put my left hand over her stomach squeaking as I feel Alex tickle the small of my back, so I crawl over Tobin's lap, to the other side of her and playfully glare at Alex, who gets comfy in the space I just surrendered. "Oh that's just cold." I say and Tobin looks at me funny.

"She tickled me, babe." I say and Tobin chuckles.

"Alex," Tobin says and Alex looks at Tobin, batting her eyelashes excessively, just to be extra.

"Yes?" Alex asks, still being extra af.

"Don't tickle my girlfriend." Tobin says and Alex nods. "That's my job." Tobin says before tickling my sides, so I squeak and jump away from both of them, off the couch, landing on the floor as I pout up at them.

"You guys are so mean to me." I say and Tobin smiles.

"Come back."

"No. Never." I say, but squeak again as Tobin grabs my ankle and tugs me toward her, catching Blue's attention, and he barks at Tobin, who lets my ankle go immediately as Blue comes over to me, so I hug him and look at Tobin. "Ha." I say as Blue licks my cheek.

The next day at training, I grunt as I'm shoved to the ground from behind, obviously not on purpose, I didn't have the ball, but cry out as I try to catch myself, which was a bad idea because I'm pretty sure I just fucked up my wrist, but I get up with my other hand before Merritt can come onto the field and get right back into the scrimmage, only stopping when I put my hand out to keep Camila from getting the ball, and she picks her leg up, bumping my wrist and it begins to throb along with other painful shit, so I just stop and grip my forearm, because what the fuck else am I supposed to do? Finally the scrimmage stops after Ash kicks the ball out of bounds and Merritt runs over to me, grabbing my forearm.

"What's wrong?"

"My wrist. I messed it up earlier." I say and Merritt nods, walking me off the field as Danica takes my place on the field. Once we're on the bench, Lloyd hands me a bottle of water, so I drink from it using my good hand while Merritt does what she needs to with my right hand. "Ah, shit." I say when she moves it upward.

"Take it that hurts." Merritt mumbles, continuing her assessment. "Are you done or do you want to get back in?" She asks and I look at her, raising my brow, so she nods, pulling out the flex wrap and flex tape from her bag, so I hold my hand out, pushing my fingers into her stomach, forcing the grimace from my face, because I know that if Merritt sees it, she'll pull me. he wraps my wrist from the bottom of my new shark tattoo up past my thumb, of course leaving the thumb out of the tape job and asks if it's okay.

"feels fine." I say, and she nods, so I get up and go stand by Khano, who pulls Dani, sending me in in the midfield.

After training, in the training room, Merritt checks my wrist again and sighs.

"Dammit, Y/N, you're lucky we have until April. I'm not letting you do shit for a month. Knowing you you'll break your damn wrist." Merritt says and I groan.

"I can't even work out on my own at the gym?" I ask and Merritt looks at me like she's about to knock me into next week.

"If I catch you working out before you're better, I'll murder you." She says and I hold my hands up.

"Okay, okay, sassy much?" I say and Merrit takes off the tape job before putting on a new one, sending me to the locker room so I can go home. As I'm changing, I feel Ash staring at me, so I look over.

"What's the verdict?"

"Out for a month."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"What'd you do?"

"Probably a bad sprain. She didn't say. It's not broken though." I say and Ash nods, waiting for me to finish changing, I grab my bag and everything and leave with her, going and getting in my Jeep as Ash gets in hers, I turn mine on and turn on Sorry Not Sorry before backing out of my parking spot and driving home, when I get home, I lay on the couch and sigh, looking over when I hear Tobin coming from my room and pout. "I don't want you to leave." I say and she comes over, sitting on the couch and putting my head in her lap.

"What'd you do to your wrist?" She asks and I sigh.

"Sprain. Out a month."

"How?"

"Shoved from behind, tried to catch myself. Didn't work very well." I say and she nods. "So like, I can go to Portland with you." I say and Tobin looks at me with that stern look of hers. "Ugh, I hate that look of yours." I say and Tobin smiles, leaning down and kissing me softly.

"Guys, stop, you're making me jealous that Ali isn't here." Ash says as she opens the front door and I laugh, pulling away from Tobin, who looks over her shoulder at Ash.

"Then go over to Ali's. I got her." Tobin says and I shake my head at Ash.

"You promised yourself, Ashlyn Michelle Harris." I say and Tobin looks at me with a raised brow.

"What?" She asks and I chuckle.

"She promised herself that she wouldn't get into Ali's pants as long as I stay away from sex, and I've gone nearly three years. So she's got three years left." I say and Tobin chuckles.

"Sounds more like a challenge than a promise."

"Right? I told her that, but she insists it's a promise." I say and Tobin smiles.

-

I sigh as I slip my jersey on before the season and home opener against Portland. Tobin landed day before yesterday, so I've gotten to spend some time with her, but today is game day, and whatever happens on the field happens. I smile at the star over the crest on my chest.

"New season, ladies." I say and everyone looks at me. "Don't look at me like you're surprised I'm speaking." I say and everyone goes back to getting dressed. "First game and we've already got a tough game in store for us. But guess what? We're winners, we can beat them again, and in the reverse of this game. Let's all get out there and get us the first win of this season as champions. Maybe even try for a second star?" I ask and the team all let out their own loud 'yeah', so I nod and head out to warm up.

For kick off, I've got my foot on the ball waiting for the whistle to be blown so I can start the game, and as soon as the whistle blows, I kick the ball to Alex, who drops to Danica.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.3K 21
Are you willing to risk your happiness for the future of the one you love?
24.2K 427 36
Tobin Heath. Tobs. Toby. Toboggan. Harry. Tobs is prepping for the world cup along w her other teammates. what's in store? (a lil preath and a lil ta...
27.4K 689 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...
794K 16K 76
USWNT fanfiction set before, during, and after the World Cup.