Tragedy ↠ Nick Sorrentino (2)

De yourstrulynix

{HIATUS} "My life isn't a dream, it's a tragic nightmare" [SEASON 2] [BOOK TWO] [SECOND BOOK OF THE ELLE DANV... Mais

oo. intro
oo. act two
i. information
Bitten
Louisiana
A Monster
Searching And Running
Another Proposal
Readers
A Nightmate Of A Wedding
Locked Up
The Red Haired Bitch
Hybrid
Rescued
Alpha Council
Triggering The Curse
A Father Daughter Moment
Readers

The Truth

2.3K 69 14
De yourstrulynix

CHAPTER TWO

THE CARE RIDE back to Stone Haven was filled with an awkward silence, neither ex-lovers wanted to be the first to speak up. But every so often could Ellie feel Nick's eyes glance over at her growing stomach. She thankfully only had two months left of pregnancy and it seemed they were the longest two months of her life - she couldn't wait. Her poor unborn baby has suffered enough as it is and all the soon to be mother wanted now is to hold her child in her arms and keep the little girl safe.

Finally Nick stopped the car in front of the house and he rushed inside, leaving Ellie alone and pissed. He was treating her like she was invisible even though she was carrying his child, even though he didn't want to admit to it. Ellie let out a deep breath before making her way inside, ignoring the aches in her back and feet. Whoever said pregnancy was a comfortable and smooth experience was either high or out of their god damn mind.

When Ellie walked through the opened front door, she noticed Jeremy and Nick standing in front of an alright looking man as they introduced themselves. Their attention immediately turned to the pregnant female wolf, after she had slammed the front door shut in frustration. The unfamiliar man's eyes widened when he noticed her very large stomach - it wasn't very hard to miss.

"Ellie, go upstairs." Jeremy warned his adoptive daughter, before neither Ellie or the mystery man could open their mouths. It was a terrible mistake, the female wolf was already at her peak and the alpha was bringing her closer to the point of snapping.

"Why?" Ellie questioned, very suspicious and still very annoyed. Even with the raised eyebrow sent in the men's directions, it didn't look like they would crack anytime soon.

"We have business to sort out and so do you." Jeremy hinted towards the while Rob situation. They both knew Ellie had been trying to avoid it, unfortunately Jeremy knew her too well.

"I can deal with that tomorrow." Ellie shrugged, ignoring his his gestures towards the stairs. She's needs a distraction from her love life - well, what's ever left of it.

"No, you will deal with it now and you can invite him over. All of us will be out of the house for a while so you two can talk." Jeremy whispered into her ear once he was in front of a stiff Ellie.

"Where are you going?" She demanded, frustrated by the lack of knowledge on the conversation topic. They had no right to keep her out of things like this, meaning anything that could cause the pack any harm. She had another life to worry about now too.

"To get Malcolm." Jeremy cracked, yet not breaking eye contact with the women standing in front of him. He wanted to keep her safe, but he knew Ellie wouldn't be able to keep her nose away from it.

Neither of the wolf's said anything else as Ellie sent the strange man a tight smile before turning around and making her way upstairs. She had attempted to eavesdrop but decided against it once she had made it to her room. Ellie needed to know how Rob was still alive and also how he was a wolf. She had decided maybe texting him would be better then having to hear his voice right now.

Ellie:
We need to talk.

Rob:
Where and when?

Ellie:
Stone Haven in half an hour.

It was now or never.

*******

Rob was right on time and Ellie was nowhere near ready. She had spent the last ten minutes pacing her room, wringing out her sweaty palms. Nick and Jeremy left a few minutes ago but they were fast to warn her about the man from earlier. Apparently he's been working with Malcolm this whole time and Jeremy locked him in the cell down in the basement. That didn't concern her at the moment, she had other things on her mind.

Ellie paused her pacing when she heard a car come to a smooth stop. She gave herself one final pep talk before she opened the front door. Ellie tried to calm herself as she looked up at the face of the man she once loved. He really hadn't changed, his smile shining bright as always and his eyes were their usual electric green. It was the face of a man who Ellie had fell in love with but is he the same man?

"Ellie." Rob whispers in shocked, staring back at the women who had captured his heart. Just like himself, she hadn't changed - except for the radiant glow from her presence. He had tried to prevent the widening of his eyes when he spotted the large bump.

Ellie didn't move, glued to the floor with wide eyes. She didn't know how to start a conversation with a man who she had thought had died all those years ago. It was almost too much for her but she knew it had to be done. But she couldn't stop her heart and mind from thinking back to the years of grief and heartbreak.

"Come in." Ellie finally spoke up, gesturing for him to follow her into the Great Room. The air was filled with an awkward silence, the ex-couple coming to terms with each other's presence.

They both stayed completely silent as they sat side by side on the long couch, a comfortable distance between them. Rob was fiddling with his fingers, as Ellie tried to calm her nerves and racing heart. She didn't know where to begin, but she also knew Rob wouldn't be the one to start the conversation.

"How are you alive?" Ellie whispered, fiddling with her thumbs. She had finally asked the one questioned that had kept her up at night. It had been the only thing on her mind for the last few weeks.

"The guy who attacked us that night, dragged me out of the car by biting my wrist and pulling me with it. The pain was unbearable, I could barely talk but when he scrapped down my chest I thought it was the end." Rob paused for a brief moment to take a deep breath. "When you left I honestly thought I was dead. All of a sudden my body was growing stronger and larger. My wounds were healing and my blood stopped oozing. I didn't know what was happening, until that night I changed into a fucking wolf, and now here I am."

"How did you find me?" Ellie wondered, still in sheer shock from the story. The grief was slowly coming back after hearing the awful memory she had finally moved on from.

"I knew you'd be here and I asked around about the Danvers pack. Everyone was talking about a battle "alpha vs mutt"." Rob informed, looking deep into Ellie's dough eyes. They were the same eyes he had fallen in love with.

"Why did you want to find me?" Ellie pressed, now allowing her anger and confusion to come to the surface. She stood up, while glaring down at the man she once knew. Why now? Why did he have to come at a time like this?

"You were supposed to be my wife." Rob whispered, while standing in front of the female wolf. His eyes began to burn and he attempted to keep his voice from cracking. They both knew it would be a painful talk, but the thought seemed easier.

"I could have been your wife Rob, a long time ago. You were the one who waited two years to come find me." Ellie growled, tears building in her deep brown eyes. Before Rob had arrived she had warned herself to keep it together, but it was harder said then done.

"I didn't think you would react well if I just showed up and said, "Ellie, it's me Rob. I still love you and want to be your husband, also did I mention I'm not dead, oh and also I'm a fucking wolf." I didn't think you would like that." Rob cursed, as he sat back down on the couch. He threw his head in his hands, attempting to calm his anger.

Ellie followed his actions and sat silently beside him for a few minutes. Her head was filled with "ifs" "what's" "how's" but she knew for sure this was the same Rob Burke she had fallen in love with all those years ago. She had prepared herself for him to be changed - but not for this situation.

They two continued to sit in silence as Ellie finally took a moment to take in all of Rob's features properly. His muscles had obviously grown and his voice was deeper, he was now a man, a true wolf. Ellie could feel his eyes on her face, but she diverted her eyes and glared down at the dusty floor. Her gaze softened and she couldn't prevent a grin from taking over the frown on her lips.

"What?" Rob questioned, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. He now understood what they meant by pregnancy mood swings - Ellie's changing attitude was driving him insane.

"I just missed you." Ellie finally admitted, grinning in Rob's direction. They both nodded in agreement, before a comfortable silence filled the air.

"What does this mean for us?" Rob spoke up few seconds after Ellie's random confession. He was slowly reaching out to grasp her hands in his much larger ones.

"I really don't want to get you involved in this situation again." Ellie explained and she could see his eyes begin to water with unshed tears. "But I'm in love with you and I need you with me. I guess I'm selfish enough to want you in my life again." Ellie placed her hand on his cheek and finished.

"I love you Ellie and I promise to never leave you alone again." Rob promised, looking deep into his lover's eyes.

"Before you commit Rob, I want you to think about what you're getting yourself into for a minute. I'm pregnant and apart of a pack that will forever be hunted, I have so much baggage and I want to know if you're ready for all of it." Ellie reminded him, looking down at her stomach that was separating them slightly.

"Ellie I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with you. I will promise to raise your child like its my own. I'll protect you and fight with your pack through every battle from here on. As I've said many time before, I love you Ellie Rose Danvers."

Rob didn't waste time after his speech to crush their lips together. It was filled with passion and love, it reminded Ellie of the past when things were easier and thought out. Now she live in a world where it could come crashing down at any moment and bring everyone she love with it. In this very moment kissing Rob was a feeling of home and safety, exactly where she belonged.

+++++++
A/N: I'm back! Doing a bit of editing but I'm writing a few chapters. Also wanted to tell everyone that I have changed the length of Ellie's pregnancy. She's due in two months, turns out the baby was growing faster then she was expecting.

Because the pregnancy is moving along faster, there will be more of a story line. I promise to focus on this book for a while, I really want to make it enjoyable again.

~Nix xxxx

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

799 86 23
Book 2 of Blood Moon. Blurb coming soon...
17.5K 362 24
You follow my best friend Olivia and I through the battles of romance, loss, and our introduction in the Danvers pack as werewolves.
1.1K 29 32
Slice of life werewolf story because there's not enough out there (but still smutty)
598K 25.4K 41
Book Two of the Talon series....