Talex Who (Tobin/You)

By MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

31

4.2K 96 14
By MackenzieGrace21

"Hey, Y/N/N?" Alex asks as her and I watch Ali and Ash play soccer tennis in front of us as Blue lays in my lap.

"What's up?"

"I just got off the phone with Tobin."

"Sweet, what's she up to?" I ask and Alex rolls her eyes at me.

"She's about to put out a missing person's report on you! You didn't tell her you were coming back to Orlando?"

"Shit. I knew I forgot something. I guess I better call her, huh?" I say and Alex nods, throwing her phone at me, hitting me in the chest with it. "Ah! Ow!"

"Hey! Be nice to my Fish!" Ash yells from our little soccer tennis court. I smirk up at Alex before opening it and calling Tobin off her phone, mine's inside dead.

"Alex, hey. Have you heard anything from her?"

"Yeah, she has." I say and scratch the back of my neck.

"Y/N? What the hell? You're in Orlando?"

"Yeah. Ash said I should come back and get back to practicing. I was going to call you when I landed, but it died as soon as I told Ash I had landed, I haven't plugged it in yet. I'm sorry for not telling you. It was a last minute thing."

"Just don't do it again, okay?" She asks and I sigh.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I love you."

"I love you too, be careful in Orlando."

"Did you just reference what I think you did?"

"You're lucky you were sick that night, Y/N." Tobin says and I shake my head.

"Don't talk about that like that." I say before hanging up on her and tossing Alex her phone. "Let's kick some ass, Ash." I say, joining in on the game, volleying the ball over the net to Ali, who does the same, so I volley it to Ash, who sends it over.

The next day, at practice, I groan as I lay on the ground after Ali slide tackled me, laughing as everyone rushes to see if I'm okay.

"I'm fine." I say, taking Merritt's hand, letting her help me up. "Just got dizzy." I say and Merritt looks at me. "I'm fine. Promise. Let's get back to practicing, yeah?" I say and Merritt sighs but allows us to resume practicing.

I rush up the field with the play and rush into the box, staying clear of Ash, since her and I were on opposing teams today.

"Mila Mila Mila!" I yell out to Camila who had the ball and level the cross she sends me before sending it into goal past Ash, jogging over and high fiving Camila quickly before getting back into our 6 v 6. When Alex has the ball, she passes it to me, so I take my shot on Ash, but groan as she blocks it, getting up off the ground and pressuring her as she tries to put the ball back in play. When she gets it back in play, the ball gets past Aubrey in goal and I groan, but wait for the ball to get to me.

When Tom dismisses practice, we all head to the locker room, and I groan as I sit down and peel off my sweat soaked shirt.

"Gross dude." Ash says, since she stole Alanna's locker today.

"What?" I ask and she points to my shirt. "Oh shut up. It's called hard work."

"It's called slacking for a week."

"It was not a week." I say and Ash rolls her eyes.

When Ash and I get home, I jump in the shower first and get dressed in shorts and a tshirt as Ash showers. When she's out and dressed, she comes to my room and pokes her head in.

"Hey, stinky." Ash says and I roll my eyes at her, looking at her. "Let's go eat."

"Ugh, I don't want to move."

"Come on, we'll eat and get you some ice on the way home so I can throw your ass into an ice bath."

"Come on, Sharky. Carli's in Houston."

"Actually, she's in Orlando for some reason."

"How convenient."

"Now shut up or I'll call her and have her force you into an ice bath and I'll go eat by myself." Ash says and I groan as I get up and walk out the house with her, getting into the Jeep and listening to the music she plays as we drive.

-
Ashlyn
-

I sigh as the team lands in Portland, and look to my right, across the aisle to Y/N, to see her with her Beats over her ears, her 'game day' glare set onto her face, we of course wait for everyone to get off before the team stands up and I get off in front of Y/N, and wave to the fans that were waiting for us, Y/N waves a little, but keeps her head down mostly. She's probably pissed because Tom is forcing her to stay at the hotel with us at the team hotel. I know I would be upset about not spending time with Ali if we were still on different teams and we were facing each other in the championships two days later.

When we get to the hotel, Y/N and I are roomed together, and I watch as she tosses her bags onto the bed she claimed before pulling out her training kit, disappearing into the bathroom and coming back out, holding up a peace sign to me before disappearing out of the room. I shrug and get ready for the team dinner Tom scheduled with us on the bus from the airport, and meet everyone at the bus. At the restaurant, Tom looks around at the team before looking at me.

"Where's Y/N?"

"Probably in the hotel gym still."

"Did she not hear me talking about this?"

"Nope, she's been listening to her music since we boarded the plane in Orlando." I say and Tom sighs.

After dinner, I walk into the room to see Y/N curled up in bed with a book in her lap, no headphones though, so I smile at her when she looks up at me when she hears me.

"Hey." I say and she gives me a small smile.

"Hey."

"You calm now?" I ask and she shrugs, so I pull out the to go order I got for her.

"What's that?"

"Your dinner. We went to your favorite restaurant while you were angercising." I say, handing her the food before dropping myself to lay on my bed.

"Angercising?" Y/N asks and I nod.

"Yeah."

"You're definitely my best friend." Y/N says and I nod.

"I know." I say and she laughs a little before opening the tray.

"No way." Y/N says and I chuckle, looking over. "Ashlyn Harris, marry me, fucking marry me, I don't care if Ali will fight me. You got my order right." Y/N says and I look at her as she stuffs her face.

"I know you're kidding, but okay. Let's do it, let's get fake married." I say and laugh when Y/N does.

In the morning, I wake up to a pounding on the door, and groan as I look over at Y/N to see her still dead asleep, so I get up and answer it, staring at Alex.

"What." I say and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Don't sass me. Get Y/N up and get ready for practice." Alex says before walking off, so I close the door and walk back into the room and shake Y/N's foot.

"Ugh, leave me alone. Two more centuries." Y/N mumbles and I chuckle.

"Come on, Fishy. We've got practice in a bit, then we can come back and sleep some more." I say and chuckle as Y/N gets up, so I go and get dressed before I comb my hair, putting it up as Y/N finishes getting dressed, combing her hair too before frowning in the mirror. "Go sit down, I'll get it." I say and Y/N plops down in the desk chair she was conveniently next to and I put her hair up for her before patting her shoulders. "You're good to go." I say and she gets up, grabbing both of our kit bags before tossing me mine as we leave the room, joining the Pride migration down to the bus so we can get on and head to the field we used for our final practice before our win against Seattle. When we get there, we all sit down on the grass and put our cleats and shin pads on, getting up and warming up as soon as that's done, and once Aubrey and I are ready, we go to goal and warm up.

After practice, Y/N disappears with Merritt and I head up to the room.

-

Game day morning, I wake up to see Y/N already up and pulling on shorts, a muscle shirt already on her shoulders. I sit up a little and Y/N looks over, smiling a little.

"Hey Sharky."

"What's up, Little Fish?"

"Gonna go get in a quick work out, get my mind off the game tonight for a bit."

"Don't overdo it. We need you tonight."

"I'll only be there for twenty minutes. Wanna come?"

"Would you rather work out or swim?" I ask and Y/N shrugs.

"Swim I guess? I dunno, I usually just head to the gym. You know this."

"But which do you prefer?"

"I like both."

"Well, wait for me and we'll go swim." I say and Y/N shrugs as I get out of bed.

After an hour of just spending time in the pool and relaxing, Y/N and I head back up to the room and sit out on the balcony talking.

"I don't think I've ever asked this, but what do you listen to when you fly, or on game day in the locker room? You always look so angry before a game?"

"Most of the time, it's twenty one pilots, Fifth Harmony, NF, and other artists mixed in with the stereotypical game day music, Rack City, Lose Yourself, shit like that." Y/N says and I nod. "You?"

"Depends on the weight of the game."

"Gold metal match playlist then." Y/N says and I nod.

"Beast Mode playlist on Spotify."

"Ew. Spotify. Bastards force me to use shuffle."

"You haven't gotten a membership?"

"A service that forces non members to use shuffle all the damn time doesn't deserve my money."

"What do you use?"

"iTunes or Total Downloader."

"What's that?"

"A total downloader. It's literally in the name. I take shit from YouTube."

"Really?"

"No. Not anymore. Too much damn work." Y/N says and I chuckle.

Three hours before game time, we all pile onto the bus to head to Providence Park. When we get there, we're escorted to the visitors' locker room to get settled before the game. Y/N, of course, gets into her uniform right away, pulling on her half zip before sitting in her locker with her headphones on, that game day grimace reappearing on her face and everyone leaves her alone until I pass her, waving her with me so we can go warm up.

After we warm up, Y/N puts her phone and headphones in her locker before coming and standing beside me.

"Alright, Pride." Y/N starts off, grabbing everyone's attention, and sighs as everyone stops, looking at her. "Championships. Who's proud right now?" She asks, raising her hand, so I do the same, and watch as everyone raises their hands. "Great, fucking amazing. So let's go out there and show the world just how proud we are. Orlando Pride is in the championships, baby." Y/N says and everyone cheers a little.

"It's going to be a tough game." I say and everyone nods. "But we can do it. I know we can. Everyone might pin that on Y/N, but I know that that's not the case, sure, she's got her name on that board most of the time, but that means nothing. We're gaining our confidence behind that ball, we're doing what we need to do to get on that board. So let's keep that trend alive and bring that trophy home with us." I say and everyone nods before the starters head out to line up, Y/N in front of course, then yours truly, everyone else behind me.

When we're shaking hands with the Thorns, Y/N shakes hands with Tobin first, captain to captain, and I chuckle a little, stopping when Tobin looks at me while she shakes my hand.

"Sorry." I whisper to her and she nods as I move down the line.

-
Y/N
-

Once Alex and I kick off the game, since I was playing as a striker tonight, I move up the field as Alex drops to Dani, so I keep shape while trying to stay open for the ball, but Allie is a bitch to get away from when you're marked by her, so Maddy comes and gets in Allie's way so Camila can pass the ball to me, and when I get the ball, I take it up field and thread it through to Alex before rushing up to support, rushing offside after the cross is sent in and head it into Adrianna's gloves, so we shift for a goal kick and I watch Camila level it before sending it to Ali, who gets it up to Maddy as I move into space, taking the ball from her and passing to Dani, shifting it up as she sends it through to Nickolette, who sends it overhead toward me, so I beat the back line and level it, striking it and cheering as it goes in.

At 35, Tobin has the ball, and I'm defending her, and smirk as I tackle the ball from her when she tries to juke me, but groan as she gets control again, and do the same thing again, this time reacting as soon as the ball bounces off my left foot, I send the ball across the field to Alex, who hadn't pinched in to help defend and wink at Tobin as I run to offer support for Alex's run, taking the ball when she sends it back across the field to switch the play, taking it up the wing and crossing it to Alex, who volleys it to Adrianna. Goal kick again. This time, Kling gets the ball and sends the ball up to Sinclair and I jog after the play because this is Christine Sinclair we're talking about. She scores, no surprise there, so now we're tied, we kick off again and Alex drops to Nickolette, who threads through to Dani as I shift up, taking the pass from her, but let myself fall when Sonnett tackles me, pushing me to the side with her arm, I mean, I know she probably didn't realize she was doing it, but that was fucking rude. I'd fight her, but that's too much work, so I stand up and let the free kick happen, I don't take it, fuck no. Too much pressure for my fragile heart. The free kick is taken, and I somehow ended up on the end of it, volleying it in for goal number two. Looks like I have a chance of getting another hat trick tonight. The rest of the half is uneventful, no injuries, no goals, so we go into half time with the score at 2-1.

"We're winning," Ash says as we all sit in a tense silence. "It's a rough game, but we're ahead. Let's keep this lead." Ash says and I stay quiet. When we go back out, we get ready for the second half and the first fifteen minutes of the second half are fruitless, until Kling gets the ball, megs me to send the ball up to Tobin, who lobs the ball up field to Hayley, who equalizes the game for the next fifteen minutes, when I get the ball from Allie and take it up field, sending it overhead to Alex, watching as she scores, rushing to hug her tight before we get ready for kick off again. When the ball is in play again, the ball goes to Mana, then to Tobin, and up to Christine, so I pinch to help defend, get the ball and meg Christine to get the ball up to Kristen, getting around Christine as Kristen sends the ball to Dani, where the ball is sent to Alex, so I rush to support, but stop as Kendall gets the ball and sends it up to Tobin, who scores on us. The rest of the game stays like that, until Tobin drops the ball to Emily, where I get the ball and beat the back line and firing it into the net, tying up the game again with thirty seconds of the three added minutes left, when that ends, we get a break before we have to go into PKs. Once the break is over, everyone looks at everyone to see who's brave enough to take the first kick, so I sigh, stepping forward. When I take my shot, I shoot to the left, and Adrianna dives right, so it goes in and I go and high five the girls outside the box. Thorns takes their shot, and Ash dives the wrong way, so it goes on, Ash misses three, Adrianna misses three, and then Alex goes up and she scores, on the other end of the field, Tobin goes up and Ash blocks the shot. It takes a second for it to sink in, but when it does, I sprint down the field and jump on Ash, wrapping my arms and legs around her, tossing one arm into the air as I scream. I don't care about much right now, just about the fact that my best friend just won Orlando our first championship. When I get down, I look around and see Tobin crouched down, so I walk over and crouch in front of her, putting my hand on her arms, making her look up at me, so I smile at her and hug her when she smiles back.

"You did it." Tobin says and I chuckle. "You won."

"I'm more concerned about you losing." I say as I stand, helping Tobin to her feet and shaking her hand just to look like a good sport and hug her, kissing her neck gently since that's where my face ended up.

"Will I see you tonight?"

"I think the team will want to celebrate. So tomorrow maybe." I say and Tobin nods, kissing me softly before walking off. As soon as she's far away enough, I'm jumped on and I smile, laughing at the sound of Alex screaming out with joy. The 'ceremony' thing is set up as we all get hydrated while our shirts are passed out, and once it's set up, we're told to take the field again, once we're all gathered on the field, we're given our medals as the confetti falls, and the trophy is handed to Ash and I, since we some how ended up at the front. We raise the trophy and pictures are taken, when the trophy gets to me after we dispersed, I let some pictures be taken, but cringe when ice cold water is dumped over my head. "I'm not Tom!" I yell, turning around to see Ash, Ali, Alex, Alanna and a few others laughing with the empty 10 gallon Gatorade container in their hands.

"Exactly, you helped us get this." Toni says, pointing to the trophy in my hand. I chuckle and shake my head, letting the trophy be taken from me as I'm tracked down and given the golden boot. I smile, thank the presenter and hold up the award, smiling wider as the crowd cheers.

-
Tobin
-

I look over at Kling when she smacks my arm and turn around when she points to the field and drop my bottle, running over to Y/N when I see her crouched down on the field, visibly crying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Goals By pretzee

Fanfiction

66.1K 1K 16
Tobin Heath saved Alex Morgan's life once. That was two years ago, and the two have been inseparable ever since. When a rumor strikes Diamond Bar Hig...
183K 4.2K 43
Tobin moves to a new school in California, and tries to fit in, becoming friends with Ashlyn Harris along the way. She never truly feels like she fit...
566K 15.8K 150
17 year old Evelyn Rodriguez gets called up to the national team after the team goes to watch one of her games. Evelyn without knowing catches the ey...
24.2K 427 36
Tobin Heath. Tobs. Toby. Toboggan. Harry. Tobs is prepping for the world cup along w her other teammates. what's in store? (a lil preath and a lil ta...