Kidnapped to live in a Castle

By Whitney_Joseph

Kyra is only seventeen years old when she is kidnapped together with her best friend while at a slumber party... More

Chapter 1- Trouble
Chapter 2- A Lesson Learnt
Chapter 3- Torture
Chapter 5- Shocking News
Chapter 6-Confrontation
Chapter 7- A Clue
Chapter 8- Getting to know you
Chapter 9- Discoveries
Chapter 10- A date?
Chapter 11- The date
Chapter 12- Never
Chapter 13- The Truth is Still Hidden
Chapter 14-Regret
Chapter 15-I'm Leaving
Chapter 16- Let's start over
Chapter 17- A new beginning
Chapter 18-Christmas
Chapter 19-New York
Chapter 20- Birthdays and New Year
Chapter 21- Coming Home
Chapter 22- Finding you
Chapter 23- New Maid
Chapter 24- Freedom is pain
Chapter 25- Wide Awake
Chapter 26- Surprises
Chapter 27- Thoughts
Chapter 28- You deserve better
Chapter 29- A Wedding to Plan
Chapter 30- Everything happens for a reason
Chapter 31- A Day to Remember
Chapter 32- Wedding Time
Chapter 33- Get away
Chapter 34- Attempted murder
Chapter 35- An Offer
Chapter 36- Suspicious
Chapter 37-Preparing for a bundle of joy
Chapter 38-Escaping the Castle
Chapter 39- Kyra?
Chapter 40- Nice try
Chapter 41-Horrible news
Chapter 42- Goodbye
Chapter 43- Gone
Chapter 44- Life in a castle
Books in the Castle Series
New book out!!!!!!!!!!
NEW SHORT STORY OUT
The Unconscious Killer

Chapter 4- The 'Crazy Room'

14.5K 361 12
By Whitney_Joseph

Chapter 4- The 'Crazy Room'

_________Lisa's Pov_________

I awoke in panic and fright. I need to get out of this dark room. I need to escape before he kills me. Get me out of here! Get me out of this nightmare!

A doctor suddenly appeared before me and tried to calm me down. I was breathing heavily and at the verge of crying as I looked around frantically. After a few minutes, I eventually calmed down and the nurse gave me a look of sympathy.

I then realised that I was no longer in the darkroom and as I looked around, I realised I was in a room that resembled a hospital room. Was I safe from that monster? Was it all a dream? Why was I even in a hospital? Did I hit my head and the concussion which I suffered caused me to imagine being tortured?

"Lisa." she said, her eyes showing a wave of emotions.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice cracking and I felt hoarse.

She gave me a glass of water and I took a few sips from it, then gave it back to her, as my throat burned me, causing me to wince in pain.

"You're at the Henderson's Castle." she responded, her voice sounded tranquil but it still made me feel unsure as to whether or not I could trust her.

"A castle? I'm confused." I responded, my voice still sounding hoarse.

"You are now the property of Mr.Henderson. He will do as he pleases to you and if you disobey, you will be punished accordingly." she said, causing me to look at her as if she had grown three heads.

His property? Was I some sort of slave? Was this lady on drugs? I think she should be the one lying on this bed and not me.

"What?" I cried out, "Are you crazy? Is this some sort of prank? You cannot be serious." I cried out.

I was trying to get off of the bed, but then I realised that I could barely move. My ankle was in a cast and my head had been wrapped in bandages. My arm had bandages wrapped around them and there were also a few purple bruises on my hands as well as cuts and scratches.

Why would someone do this to me? What had I ever done to deserve this?

"Please. You have to help me get out of here." tears formed in my eyes as I begged the young woman.

She gave me a small smile of sympathy but her eyes looked full of sorrow. Was she really compassionate and concerned for my wellbeing?

"Let's get you to the dining room. Kyra will be happy to see you." she said and called two other nurses who helped me onto a wheelchair.

Kyra's safe? I hope she's not injured like me and that jerk did not touch her. We need to escape. We have to escape, I said to myself with a bit of dread in my stomach as I could only imagine the struggle we would have to go through to escape from the maniac who had kidnapped us.

As they pushed me along the hallway, I couldn't help but notice how elegant and huge this place was. This was definitely a castle but it was so huge that it looked unreal. I thought castles were make-believe stories like in Snow White and Cinderella. Since I did history at school, I knew about the monarchies which ruled the entire world over two decades ago but all royalty died in a tragic event. It was a bombing allegedly by terrorists which occurred in a palace in England where all royals were at an event. The world went into a depression after that but Assemblies were formed my the people to decide how to transition after being ruled by monarchies from the time of existence.

Now, all countries are ruled by Presidents. All castles were either destroyed or turned into museums. All the wealth of the royals was used to improve and modernise civilisation, with a percentage of it being locked away in a vault underground, incase there is a legitimate heir or a royal blood line unknown or undiscovered.

As I looked at the walls,I saw pictures of the royal family. These pictures were rare and were believed to be lost in the explosion. These pictures were quite exquisite and as I watched them, one of them took me by surprise.

It looked like a younger version of Kyra's mom next to an unknown man and I was beyond confused. There were other portraits along the wall and I was completely confused. What did this mean? Was Kyra's mom a princess? She had exquisite beauty and could pass for a model but I just thought that she was an ordinary civilian. How was this possible?

My mind raced as the nurse brought me to the dining room. I then began thinking of my parents.Were they okay? Were they looking for me? Would I ever get out of this place?

We approached the door and I saw Kyra sitting on a chair, looking off into the distance. She looked really depressed and frustrated. Her hand was wrapped with bandages but she looked as if she needed more bandages to wrap herself in before she fell apart.

This wasn't your average kidnapping. Most times the kidnapper would have you ransomed for money or torture you for sex. But this one was just torturing me for no good reason. This had to do something with Kyra and her mom and I had to tell her of my discovery and my thoughts on this whole situation.

Kyra seemed physically okay compared to me but mentally, I could not tell which one of us would go insane first.

Kyra heard the nurses as they wheeled me in and her head turned to face us. Her face lit up as she saw me.

"Lisa!" Kyra cried out and ran towards me, hugging me. Tears were in her eyes as she observed me.

I had a broken ankle and was still in a lot of pain. My head had been wrapped as I may have cracked it when I fell. It's a miracle I was even alive and able to sit up. Then again, I had been unconscious for about four days so I guess I had to wake from that slumber at some point.

Kyra sat next to me at the table and we spoke with our eyes, trying to decipher why this was happening to us. When the maids and nurses exited the room, Kyra and I took shaky breaths as we had gone through hell and damnation and we could not believe that we were finally seeing each other for the first time since being kidnapped.

"Lisa, you think we're ever going to get out of here?" Kyra whispered to me sadly.

"I'm not sure. I need to get out of here. Look at what he did to me. I almost died." I cried out with tears streaming down my face.

"He did that?" Kyra said completely shocked and her face went pale.

Maids then entered the dining room, with platters of food and placed it all on the table.

"Kyra, do you know where we are?" I asked her as I wanted to tell her what I had discovered about her mother.

"In some sort of castle I believe. I still can't believe this is real. I'm still trying to wake up from this nightmare." Kyra responded, shivering.

"The doctor who helped me told me I was in the Henderson's Castle and in the hallways there were portraits of royal families from all over the world." I informed her.

"I thought that Kings and Queens were make believe stories. I mean, didn't they all die out in some kind of bombing?" Kyra responded.

"I thought so too, but then I saw a portrait which took me by surprise. It was a picture of a your mom when she was younger with an unknown man." I told Kyra.

"My mom? I...I always thought that....I can't believe it."Kyra said in shock and her face had bemusement written all over it.

"Kyra, your mom might be the reason that we were kidnapped. You need to find out more about this place and try to get us out of here." I said with an urging in my voice. I was beyond desperate to go back to my normal life.

"Lisa, when I was younger, my mother would tell me of her life as a princess but I always thought it was a fairytale, a bed time story. By the time I was old enough to think for myself, I ignored these stories. If this is real and she is a princess, who knows what they could do to us. This is just all too much to process right now. Let's just eat and try to talk about this later. It all feels like some crazy dream." Kyra said, dismissing me.

The dinning room doors then opened and a little boy, about eight, then entered the room. He had curly hair and the freckles on his face made him look so innocent.

"Hello. You must be Lisa." he said to me, smiling.

He was so adorable and his smile made me forget that I had been kidnapped but that was only for a second.

"Hi. And who are you?" I asked him, trying to smile but it was painful as my jaw was still healing.

"I'm Henry. My brother told me you guys would be coming and I was so excited." he smiled and I chuckled as he was missing a front tooth.

The maid then served me soup, for appetiser. I did not have much of an appetite as I had not eaten in a while. My stomach grumbled but I felt too weak to eat.

We were then served a full course meal and I ate as much as I could. I looked at my plate and it look untouched although I had been probably picking at it for an hour.

"Kyra, you should follow me on the grand tour of my brother's castle." Henry said enthusiastically, breaking the overwhelming silence.

He was so full of joy. I wonder why our kidnapper had to be his horrible brother.

Kyra got up with a smile on her face and was pulled by Henry who was eager to show her around.

A few minutes later, I heard my name being called. I looked up to see a young woman smiling at me. She was the doctor who had helped me earlier.

"Come with me. I'll get you out of your misery." she said.

I immediately smiled at her. She took hold of the wheelchair I was on and she pushed it along.

Maybe she did have a heart and could actually help me get out of this hellhole.

"Where are we going?" I asked a little scared.

"Don't worry, it's a secret way out." she said but for some reason, I did not believe her.

If she was getting me out of my misery, shouldn't we go through the front door or something?

"Why aren't we going through the front door?" I asked her, a bit paranoid.

"We don't want to get caught and ruin the plan, now do we? You need to get out of here alive." she responded, reassuring me.

We took the elevator and she pressed the number five. It was an awkward ride up and I feared what was going to happen to me when we arrived at the destination.

We exited the elevator and after two lefts and a right turn down the huge hallway, we came to a screeching halt and I was pushed into a room, off of the wheelchair.

The door was shut immediately.

I looked around paranoid and saw snow white walls around me and the floor was really soft which was probably why I did not feel the impact when I was pushed into the room.

Two huge men then entered the room and lifted me off the ground.

"Let go of me! What are you doing?" I cried out. I began to cry and scream fearing the worst.

They dragged me to the corner of the room where I was chained by the leg which was not injured, like a prisoner.

They then exited the room while I screamed at them to free me from this bondage.

There was no window or a visible door, the walls were white and everywhere was as soft as a pillow. I was enslaved and this white room was sure to make anyone go insane.

I observed my surroundings, trying to figure out if there was some miraculous way in which I could escape, as my fate looked as if it would end badly.

I stared at the white wall, starting to feel more anxious than I was before. I felt as if I was hyperventilating and my heart pounded in my chest.

I thought to myself for a while and then blurted out," A CRAZY ROOM."

_________END OF CHAPTER______

Vote and Comment what you think about this chapter. Don't forget to share this book with your friends. The next two chapters will be available to read next Saturday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705K 25K 74
"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙨, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙖𝙧, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛...
6.3K 311 22
Just seventeen, Keira is not eager to decide the rest of her life, but as usual, she will not have much choice. She has always known she would have...
57.8K 2.2K 21
~First book~On Scotty's fifteenth birthday, he's kidnapped. With his only memory being that morning, Scotty holds onto that small sanity he has left...
58.1K 2.7K 42
THE BILLIONAIRE OF LONDON SERIES: #2. She shouldn't have taken the money, but she did, and now she will pay for the consequences of her actions becau...