The Queen's Knight (Haikyuu!)

Av faith_cruzniegos

"I didn't get accepted in Shiratorizawa," he said sullenly, sulking in the corner of the room as a dark aura... Mer

The Queen's Knight (Haikyuu!)
This Is So Damn Awkward
Tell Him You're On Your Man Period
You Nasty Asshole
Her Beauty Makes Me Feel Like A Potato
I'll Always Wait For You
Does He Hate Me
You Must Be Dreaming
Salty Horse Shit
You Tried To Smack Me
Too Much PDA
Tsukkibae
You've Always Had A Bad Sense Of Direction
That's Called Bribery You Know
HEY HEY HEY
I'm Gay
Hi, Dinoberry
I'll Watch It With You
I Kissed Tsukishima Kei
Does He Actually Love Me
You Look Really Stressed There Minion Number 1
WHERE'S YOUR PANTS
I Can't Believe You Guys Thought I Had Sex With Kei
You Apatosaurus
Why Am I Lying?
I Want A Do-Over
Did You Hang Up On Me
You Never Really Stop Loving Someone
I'm Undeserving Of Her
Promise Me
I Don't Care Anymore
I've Already Made Up My Mind
I'm Just A Mistake
I Wouldn't Call One Week That Long
Just Smile
That Was The First Time I Ever Saw You Study
But I'm So Happy
I Want You To Be Selfish
You Seem Happier
I'll Always Be There
Just Go With It
You Broke Into My House
I Have A Crush
You Expressed Your Love To Me With Your Hatred For Carrots
Been There Done That
I Feel So Free
A Chance To Shame Him
I Am -hic- The Lion King
I Don't Want To Be Blind
What A Weird Shirt
I Have Disappointed Father
It's Not Like You Stalked Me
Caw, Caw, Bitch
I Just Felt Like It
You Put Hershey's Out Of Business
Maybe A Cheerleader Costume Too
Yeah. You.
I'm Sorry, Nee-Chan
Less Shitty And Probably Nicer
Fight For 'Your Guy'
eh
It's My Hootie Booties
Both Of You Are Friggin' Shameless

Happy Mother's Day

3.9K 143 11
Av faith_cruzniegos

Chapter 56
'Happy Mother's Day'

"You're starting a volleyball club?" Iwaizumi asked as he stared down at the school yard from the rooftop of Kitagawa Daichi.

Tsukiko, who was sitting beside him, nodded. "I want to play volleyball. And I can't do that unless we have a girl's volleyball team."

Iwaizumi turned around and smiled at her. "That's good. You have more experience than your brother right?"

Tsukiko nodded again, smiling at Iwaizumi's cute smile that he only usually showed when he was with Oikawa. He must be genuinely happy for her.

"Yup. I learnt it when I five. A boy your age taught it to me," she answered remembering 'Ushiwaka-chan' briefly.

"Really? Who is it?"

She smiled and said happily, "Ushiwaka-chan."

"Wh-What?"

"Well, that's my nickname for him. His full name is Ushijima Wakatoshi."

Iwaizumi choked on his juice, but the dense girl just continued talking, unaware of her senpai's reaction.

"I haven't seen him since I was five actually," Tsukiko continued, staring at the sky whilst trying to remember his face. "I can't remember what he looks like either. But every time I see the volleyball in my room, I just suddenly remember his face and have a very strong urge to throw the ball at him."

Iwaizumi wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, still shocked at what he heard. "Ushijima taught you volleyball?" Iwaizumi asked in disbelief, looking at the first year who was leaning her forehead on the railings.

Tsukiko nodded, looking at Oikawa who was being flocked by girls in the courtyard. Even from the rooftop, she could see his -forced- smile and how he was actually annoyed. It's only been two months but she's noticed a lot of things about Oikawa.

"Yup. He should be in junior high now too."

Iwaizumi scoffed. "Yeah. He's in Shiratorizawa Academy."

Tsukiko whipped her head up to look at him, her dark blue eyes wide. "You know him? Ushiwaka-chan?"

Iwaizumi nodded sourly, remembering their losses. "I guess you can say that."

Oikawa looked at Tsukiko who had her eyes on his best friend. Getting a little frustrated, he brushed the girls aside and cupped his hands over his mouth.

"IWA-CHAN!!" He shouted loudly, getting the attention of the two. He waved at them and grinned, trying to hide his annoyance.

Tsukiko looked at Iwaizumi and saw a fossil of a smile on his lips before he proceeded to shout back at Oikawa.

I didn't stand a chance, Tsukiko thought, looking at Oikawa who smiled brightly at Iwaizumi who in return pretended to look pissed.

That, was one of the things she noticed. She was glad that she didn't like Iwaizumi. Oikawa would have been a very formidable opponent.

"Ne, Tooru-san, can I possibly join you guys in practice?" Tsukiko asked with an emotionless expression. Realizing that she spoke quite rudely, her cheeks heated up and she stuttered. "I-I-I-I mean, until I can get a teacher to approve my appeal to get a girl's volleyball club here."

Oikawa grinned. "Of course, Tsukiko-chan! You can train with the other first years," Oikawa said, pointing to a group of first years who were at the other side of the court, practicing receives with some of the third years.

Tsukiko averted her eyes and bit her lip. She didn't want to practice with the first years. Things were still awkward between Tobio and her. And she barely knew any of them.

Oikawa, who knew how to read people easily, saw right through her. "Unless you don't want to?"

Tsukiko looked up, her eyes focusing on Oikawa's nose.

"If you don't mind, I think that practicing on my own is better," she murmured shyly.

"Sure! If that's what you want."

Tick. Tock.

Tsukiko put her elbows on the dining table and rested her chin on her palms, staring blankly at the door through the dim lamp that shone over the dining table.

Tick. Tock.

She glanced at the clock before looking back down at the food she prepared which had gone cold half an hour ago.

Tick. Tock.

She looked down at the five pieces of paper resting on her lap before sighing. English. Math. Science. Japanese. History. 90. 98. 87. 79. 65.

Tick. Tock.

Tsukiko's eyes snapped open just as they were about to flutter shut. The faint sound of keys jingling outside the door woke her up from what was about to be her first shut-eye in two days.

Tsukiko didn't bother to look up when the door opened quietly. She waited for the familiar sound of footsteps to come nearer and when they did, she looked up slowly. All the lights were closed except for the lamp and she could barely see the figure standing in front of her.

"... Why are you still awake?"

Tsukiko met her mother's sharp emerald green eyes, which shone despite the lack of light, for the first time in a month. Tsukiko said nothing and pushed the five pieces of paper stacked on top of each other to her mother with a small blue card on top.

Tsukiko stood up slowly and walked towards her mother.

Her mother didn't move.

In a flash, Tsukiko's wrapped her arms around her mother. Tsukiko inhaled softly, the motherly smell surrounding her and comforting her as if they weren't just in a big fight a few weeks ago. Tsukiko kept hugging her mother silently, surprised that her mother didn't even try to pull away or even flinch when she suddenly hugged her.

"Happy mother's day," Tsukiko whispered after letting go.

Quickly turning away, Tsukiko ran up the staircase to her bedroom.

"Shit!"

Iwaizumi's head snapped up and he glared at the short black haired girl.

Tsukiko pursed her lips, muttering an apology.

She inspected her chipped nail and scowled.

"Tsukiko-chan, having trouble with serves? Tooru-senpai will be able to help you!"

Tsukiko looked at Oikawa who grinned at her.

She shook her head and shoved her finger to his face.

"I chipped my nail."

Oikawa nodded, moving backwards. "That's why you shouldn't grow your nails out. A tiny difference like that can cause you a whole game. Imagine, what if you were serving and the other team was at match point? That's the end."

Tsukiko nodded, looking up at him with brightly lit eyes while Oikawa grinned smugly.

"I have a nail clipper with me," Oikawa said after giving it some thought, "gimme a second."

Tsukiko nodded again while Oikawa jogged to get his bag.

"What happened to your nail?" Iwaizumi asked, wanting to find out why the twelve year old girl cursed so loudly during practice.

"I chipped it."

Iwaizumi nodded. "Be careful next time, OK?"

"OK."

Oikawa who watched from afar, clenched his fists tightly, the nail clipper poking his skin. He felt his heart wrench in pain, seeing Iwaizumi give the black haired girl a warm smile.

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

Hey hey hey! I just had a random idea and I think I might end this book after Shiratorizawa's match?

But, don't get angry.

I'm gonna make a book two! Yay? Nay? I was just thinking that this book was getting a little too draggy and I don't want there to be too many chaps.

So, tell me what you think?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

274K 10.1K 83
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [canon pairing/OC pairing] Category⭐️ I'm just Haruka Akiyama, a regular 2nd year high school...
13 7 7
Haikyuu Fic (cross-posted on Ao3) - cover image from lordizxy on tumblr - https://lordizxy.tumblr.com/post/142812442185/demon-oikawa - "What's hap...
448K 13.7K 35
After being asked to leave Shiratorizawa (cough, cough expelled) for various reasons, y/n set her heart on Karasuno. She wasn't what anyone was expec...
836K 28.1K 51
[Haikyuu!xOC] [The rewrite of 𝑨𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒘𝒂] "Whoa, who is that?" "No idea, but she's intimidating!" "Probably a new first y...