I Don't Care Anymore

Chapter 30
'I Don't Care Anymore'

"TsuKIKO!!!"

"Tsukiko-chan~!"

"Tsu."

Kageyama Tsukiko smiled at the two boys who simultaneously burst into the hospital room followed by another boy who just looked tired of their antics.

The doctor in front of Tsukiko shushed them while he glared at them.

Bokuto covered his mouth while Kuroo put his fist in his mouth to keep himself from shouting again. However, the second year setter stood beside Tsukiko silently with his hands behind his back. Akaashi flashed her a small smile which Tsukiko returned weakly.

Akaashi stared at the blue eyed girl who sat on the hospital bed. Something was different. Her swollen eyes? Her pale skin and red cheeks? No. It was  something else entirely. He could see it. She was surrounded by it. But for the first time in Akaashi's life, he didn't know what it was. Usually, he could see it easily. But with Tsukiko, he just couldn't tell.

"OK Kageyama-san, if there aren't any pains around that area by tonight I'll give you te discharge forms," the Doctor said with a nod.

Tsukiko nodded at him and he left the room, giving the three boys a warning glare. But once the door shut, Bokuto and Kuroo pounced at her. They squeezed in from both sides of the bed, lying down beside Tsukiko. They pulled her blanket and made sure it was covering the three of them before craning their necks to Tsukiko. They stared at her intently while Tsukiko glanced at Akaashi for help.

Akaashi sighed. "Bokuto-san, Kuroo-san, please don't squeeze Tsu like that."

Bokuto and Kuroo continued to stare at her with narrowed eyes ignoring the black haired second year.

"Tarou-kun, Tetsu-kun, if you don't get off the bed, I'll push both of you off," Tsukiko threatened weakly, taking matters into her own hands.

Her voice... it's different, Akaashi thought, seeing the obvious change. Her voice was throaty as if she cried and cried nonstop. She probably did... Because of him. Why is she still hung up on him?

"Tsukiko! We missed you!!" Kuroo exclaimed, wrapping his arm around her while Bokuto did the same.

They snuggled beside each other on the bed and Tsukiko shook her head, a smile tugging on her lips.

Akaashi's lips were pulled down into a disapproving frown at the close contact.

"I missed you too, Tetsu-kun, Tarou-kun," Tsukiko muttered softy, awkwardly lifting her hands to pat them on the head. "But please get off the bed because my leg is starting to ache."

At the mention of her leg, they rolled off of the bed quickly, dragging her blanket with them and not caring about the loud thud that was made when they fell onto the floor.

"IS YOUR KNEE OK?!"

"D-D-DID WE HURT IT?!"

"SHOULD I CALL THE DOCTOR?!"

"I-I-I-I DON'T KNOW!"

"Guys!" Tsukiko yelled, catching the attention of the two panicked captains. "I'm fine." She grabbed the blanket which was now wrapped around Bokuto's head and she put if over herself.

They didn't seem to believe her so she sighed and lifted up her leg from under the blanket and moved it up and down.

"See? I'm fine," she said with a smile, putting her leg back down. She winced softly at the sudden pain. "So how was the training camp?" She asked before they could say anything else. She glanced at Akaashi quickly, to see if he noticed.