I'm Undeserving Of Her

Chapter 28
'I'm Undeserving Of Her'

"Hey hey, glasses-kun," Bokuto chirped, approaching the blonde haired boy from behind.

Tsukishima flinched and turned around with a frown, putting the small photograph back in his pocket hurriedly.

Bokuto noticed it but pushed the thought away and he put an arm around Tsukishima's shoulder. Kuroo suddenly appeared, putting an arm on his other side. Tsukishima cringed at their closeness while Kuroo and Bokuto shared a glance.

"So, glasses-kun, wasn't Tsu with you?" Kuroo asked nonchalantly, eager to find out about the incident from Tsukishima's point of view. "You're dating aren't you? Do you know where she is?"

Tsukishima pushed their hands away roughly and scowled at them, his eyes turned into slits as he glared at them. However, his expression quickly changed and he laughed.

"We're not dating ," Tsukishima said, trying to keep his voice calm. He forced out a smile and he scratched the back of his neck. "Why would she want to date someone like me?" He said, before he walked away. Too preoccupied in trying to get away, he didn't notice the polaroid picture slipping out of his pocket.

Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows at the reaction they received from him. "What does he mean 'someone like me'?" Kuroo muttered but still loud enough for Bokuto to hear. 'Someone like me'? Is he implying that he's not good enough for Tsu? Kuroo wondered, putting his hand on his hip. But, he's the one who cheated on her. Maybe, he didn't mean it... like Tsu said.

However, he was snapped out of his thoughts when Bokuto shoved a polaroid in front of his face.

"Bro, look at this," Bokuto said, his voice serious.

It was a picture of Tsukishima and Tsukiko smiling happily but... Tsukishima's face was cancelled out by permanent marker.

"Did he do this?" Bokuto asked, staring at the picture more intently. It was Tsukishima all right.

"I think so," Kuroo replied. "Does he really still love Tsu?"

Tsukiko lay awake on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Every time her eyelids were about to close, she'll slap herself and they will snap open.

Even though her eyes were closed, she could see Tsukishima. His smiling face. Him laughing softly. His bitch face. His sparkling eyes...

God, I miss him, Tsukiko thought, wiping the stray tear away from her cheek.

All she could think of was Tsukishima. And it made her feel empty inside yet her chest was brimming with emotions.

I bet he's not even thinking of me, Tsukiko thought, turning to her side and letting the tears fall freely from her eyes as she tried to silence her sobs with a pillow.

Tsukishima rubbed his damp hair with a white towel as he walked back to the room where they slept in. He noticed, on his futon, was a small rectangular object. His eyes widened and he practically jumped on it. Fortunately, no one else was in the room except for the Kuroo and Bokuto who were sleeping. Tsukishima stared at the photo before he stood up and stuffed it in his bag. He grabbed his phone and laid on his futon, unlocking his phone and going to twitter.

@dinoberry: tsukiko, are you awake?

He felt like a rat. He shouldn't be doing this. Yet, it was the closest he could be to her right now. Not after what he did to her.