Simple Manipulation

By daretodaydream

Peyton Stiller learned in sixth grade that you cannot get through life without bending the rules a bit. In or... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Apology And Explanation
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Final Note
SM *FAQ*

Chapter 15

15.4K 621 84
By daretodaydream

This chapter is dedicated to BucketListing. She was the one who got me to (forced me) to join wattpad so without her I would not be here writing and enjoying myself or getting to meet some of you amazing people! We used to write together outside of wattpad (Although she was already writing on here). Until one day she told me about this site. I was extremely hesitant at first because I was very self conscious about my writing. But after a bit of "Friendly Persuasion" she got me to make one and here I am! So thank you so much to her! She is currently writing a 1D fan fiction called Once Upon a Backup Bassist so you guys should really check it out!

And now back to your sort of regularly scheduled chapter :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sure Luke. She probably took the bus back. She likes to talk to the people on it." I said for what seemed like the one-hundredth time. We just finished up downtown and are on our way back and he keeps asking if 'I'm sure Marren didn't need a ride back.'

"Alright, i'm just making sure. I don't want her coming after me because I left her downtown at night." He let out a deep sigh.

"She wouldn't come after- at least I don't think she would- you know what, it's okay because she left early anyways." He shot me a very worried unsure look, his shear fear of Marren poking through. He turned back to the road not speaking another word but instead turning up the radio. He smiled as the song grew louder.

"My hearts a stereo! It beats for you so listen close, hear my thoughts in every no-o-ote!" He yelled out singing in the worst possible voice he could manage. After that he let out a wondrous laugh that filled the car with more joy than the music could ever have done. Hearing his 'singing voice' and his laugh just made me burst out into a fit of laughter. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him glance over at me. His smile widened a bit and he just sang the next line, this time even worse.

"Make me a radio, and turn me up when you feel low! This melody was meant for you, so sing along to my stereo!"

"Luke! Stop!" I yelled between laughs.

"NO!" He yelled.

"Fine then!" I overcame my laughter and started the rap portion of the song. I rapped it flawlessly. Even better then I can wrap a present. All the while completely shutting Luke up. Finally when the chorus came I stopped not even out of breath. "Beat that sucker!" I laughed throwing my arms up in victory.

"How in the world am I suppose to beat that?" He asked. "You know what? New song." He switched the radio stations until stopping at another familiar song. The music started and I expected the absolute worst. And I was spot on with my assumptions.

The familiar beginning of Wrecking Ball began to play as Luke put on his best Miley Cyrus impression. Let's just say his puppy dog eyes are better. He turned toward me dramatically running one hand from his neck down his chest. He pulled a very ugly crying face and mouthed the words to the song in obvious attempts to make me laugh, which succeeded.

"Pay attention to the road! You'll get us killed!" I said once again between laughs.

"Well not much killing could happen in our driveway now could it?" He asked. I looked out the window and saw that we had indeed made it back.

"Oh. That was fast." I muttered.

"Why? Are you disappointed that you don't get to spend any more time with dear ol' Luke?"

"That is definitely not why." I stepped out of the car into the evening air. I'll have to remember to thank Marren for taking my backpack with her earlier. I always feel awkward reaching back into a car to grab a bag.

"It's a nice night isn't it?" Luke asked stepping out of the car as well. He walked around and leaned against his car as he had done the first night he dropped me off.

"I guess so. Well, thanks for the ride home and the amazing Miley Cyrus performance. And thank you so much for not twerking." I said smiling.

"Now that would have definitely killed us. Me from embarrassment and you from the car crash that would have resulted from wreck-less driving." I laughed slightly and looked up at him. He looked so different than when I see him at school. At school he looks more snobbish and unapproachable. Just that general guy that everybody recognizes as the one who annoys all. But when I am with him and its just us, he's an approachable, sweet, and funny guy that anyone would want to hang around. Why does he have to be such a personality swapping potato all the time!

"Did you just call me a personality swapping potato?" Luke asked interrupting my trance.

"What?! Uhh-Pfff! No! Of course not! That would be really stupid of me! Okay, well, I should go." I quickly turned around before he could see the blush that was quickly changing my cheek color. But history repeated itself and he grabbed my arm pulling me back close again.

"I still haven't come up with a form of payment." He whispered his face dangerously close to mine.

"Well let's see. You let Marren stick around today so take that as a bit of payment." I said trying to play it off cool and keep my blush back.

"But that doesn't account for the tip." He said again moving even closer.

BEEP BEEP BEEP THIS IS YOUR PERSONAL SPACE VIOLATION ALARM! THIS BOY IS IN TOO CLOSE OF A PROXIMITY TO YOUR FACE!

Before I could react he grabbed my chin and turned my head and placed his lips soflty on my cheek. His lips were warm against my skin shooting tingles throughout my body.

"You're cute when you blush this much." He smiled. Once again my attempts at a reaction were cut off. But this time, by something even worse.

"PEYTON! HI SWEETHEART!" The voice of my mother pierced through the silence of the evening.

"Who is your friend?" My mom asked gesturing at Luke. Please tell me she did not see what he just did. I heard her gasp and felt her arm wrap around me. "Is this a boyfriend I see? That would explain the little interaction I just saw!

Nuggets.

"Luke," I sighed. "This is my mother, Alice. Mom this is my-"

"Boyfriend." Luke interrupted. The glares i shot him were even colder than ice. "I'm Luke Peyton's boyfriend. It's very nice to finally meet you. And this must be Mr. Stiller! Nice to meet you too sir!"

Could this night get any worse.

"So Marren was not kidding over the phone! Huh doodlebug?" My dad exclaimed.

Never mind. It can get worse.

"Well I should get going. It was a pleasure meeting you both! I'll see you tomorrow Pey!" Luke said getting back into his car.

If I had a bucket list at the moment, I have a feeling murder would be at the top. No particular reason why.

"Oh he seems so sweet honey! And it's so good to see you again! How were things while we were gone? Did Amber get to school everyday? Nasher didn't take the McDonalds's M again did he? Are Jared and Justin doing fine on their trip? Oh! Have Stacy and Drew found an apartment yet? And How is Marren? We spoke to her over the phone a few minutes ago so we know she is staying for a while. The poor girl. I hope things at home eventually get better."

"Everything is fine mom! Don't worry! How was your trip?" I asked hugging my mom.

"Fantastic! We were able to branch out even farther with the company and now we have officially hired five new people!" My dad exclaimed proudly.

"Congratulations daddy!" I said giving my dad a huge hug. "I know how much you've wanted this!"

"Nothing your old man business master can't do! Now, you look exhausted doodlebug. How about you head inside and get ready for bed." He smiled.

My dad smiling is one of the best things in the world. He isn't that old, although he always calls himself an old man. I mean for having six kids plus Marren, he is doing great at 47. He has wrinkles by his eyes because of his constant smiling. Smiling that no amount of stress or work could destroy. He always says that it's myself and my siblings that keep him smiling. He looks the most like Nasher and I. Blondish hair with dimples and brown eyes.

"Sure thing dad."

"Now no texting that boy of yours after dark." He laughed.

"Oh trust me. You do not have to worry about me doing that." I mumbled rolling my eyes. I headed toward my house carrying a bag in for my parents.

"Mom and Dad are back!" I yelled stepping into my home. Everybody rushed to the door excited for the home coming. It's a bit of a family tradition to greet someone who has been away for a while at the door. And once they come in we all cheer like it's a really big deal. Sounds cheesy but it's for family.

So of course we cheered our parents in and I left to get ready for bed and was greeted by an expectant Marren.

"Oh Peyton! We neeeeeeed to talk about a little something that happened earlier! Two things to be exact! Because I do believe Luke was able to slip in a hug, AND a kiss today now wasn't he?" She squealed patting my bed inviting me to sit.

"The reason for hugging is strictly confidential between Luke and I, and believe me it isn't anything you would think it is. And I don''t really know why that kiss out there happened- wait. Were you spying on us?" I asked.

"Give a girl some binoculars and a vantage point and she will see the world!" Marren said throwing her arms in the air.

"First off, you're a creep. Second, where did you get binoculars because I don't own any."

"Oh honey we need to fix that. Sometimes binoculars are a girl's best friend. And I always carry a pair with me." She replied.

"Whay sort of secrets are hidden in those curls of yours?" I questioned laughing.

"Just think of me as the maids from The Princess Diaries. I know everything!" she smiled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SURPRISE!!!! Bet you never thought you'd get a second chapter in one week! I live for days off from school!

Peyton's parents are home and are basically just some more fun characters. Oh and not too mention that little interaction by the car.

No big announcements really. Enjoy the rest of your week my little skittles!

Comment, vote, follow, and enjoy!

~El the girl who really really wants some bread.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 103K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
96.2K 2.3K 72
"We fake date each other for two or three weeks then we have a public breakup." I think he's hit his head one too many times playing football. "Reall...
242K 5.9K 29
"Sorry Mr. Diper." I try saying with a straight face. "It's Mr. Piper, Kristen how many times do I have to tell you?" I pretend to think hard. "How m...
1.6M 36.9K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...