Talex Who (Tobin/You)

By MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

26

5.3K 90 10
By MackenzieGrace21

Ashlyn
-

I groan as I wake up drenched in sweat and an intense heat pressed against my back, so I turn to look at the heat source and furrow my brow to see Y/N laying behind me, dead asleep, so I turn over and gently shake her awake, after a few shakes, she comes to with a sneeze, turning and burying her face in my chest, whining and groaning.

"Little Fish, are you okay?" I ask and she rolls onto her back groaning.

"Sharky, I'm cold." Y/N complains and I sigh, feeling her burning forehead.

"You're burning up, Fish." I say and she pouts, pulling the covers over herself and scooting closer to me, so I reach behind me and check the time on my phone. Two in the morning is what my phone tells me, so I sigh but call Paul, Dawn, Jill, and Tobin. All four show up at the same time and Paul takes Y/N's temperature, 103, he pulls her from boot camp and Jill excuses me from practice tomorrow so I can take Y/N to her parents. Right this minute, of course, Tobin comes with and Dawn just stays quiet. Really thought she'd have more to say.

"Got her bags." Tobin says, putting them. In the back of the taxi I called us, we climb in and Tobin hands Y/N her stuffed shark and holds Y/N while I tel the driver where to go after Y/N mumbles it. When we get there, Tobin gets out with Y/N asleep in her arms and I grab Y/N's bags from the trunk, following Tobin to the front door, I knock because Tobin is holding precious cargo and after a minute, the door opens, since Tobin was off to the side, the man glares at me. Or squints. Not really sure.

"Can I help you?"

"Uh, Mr. Y/L/N?"

"Yeah?"

"I've got your daughter here. She's sick. She's been pulled from camp. We need to take her to your family's physician in the morning. My name is Ashlyn Harris, I'm Y/N's best friend, and you know Tobin." I say, gesturing to my right, where Tobin stood.

"Come in. And call me Ethan, would you? Mister makes me feel old." He says and I nod, Tobin follows him to Y/N's room and comes out behind Ethan. "Thank you guys for bringing her home. You can go."

"We were released from practice tomorrow to make sure everything is okay with her. If we go back, everyone will kill us. Her best friend and her girlfriend not staying. By her side?"

"Alright. There's the couch, Y/N might be nice and share, and then there's the guest room. Lydia's room is off limits. Her rules."

"I'll go see who Y/N wants." Tobin says and disappears, coming back a bit later pointing me. "She wants Sharky. I'm Toby, so I can only assume you're Sharky."

"Yup." I say, jogging to Y/N's room.

-
Tobin
-

Ethan shows me to the guest room and wishes me a goodnight after I thank him, so I crawl into bed and let myself fall back asleep.

In the morning, I groan as I wake up to an intense heat against my neck, chest, and the rest of the front of my body, so I look down and smile a little when I see Y/N dead asleep on my chest, mouth wide open, drooling slightly, so I kiss her forehead and look over when someone clears their throat to see Y/N's mom smiling at me.

"I can get her off of you." She says and I shake my head, rubbing her back a little as she stirs. "I've called the doctor, she's got an appointment at nine. Ethan said you and Ashlyn can use his car to get her there." She says and I smile.

"Tell him I said thank you."

"No need, Ashlyn is down there still thanking him. There's breakfast in the kitchen when you can escape her." Frances says and I chuckle a little as Y/N slips her hot ass hands up under my shirt, resting them on my stomach and back and cuddling closer. "I'll bring a cold wash cloth." She says before disappearing, a few minutes later Ash appears and places a wet wash cloth on Y/N's neck and I tense as some of the water seeps through my shirt.

"Ash." I whisper and she looks at me. "That's so fucking cold."

"Sorry, sorry, I'll go get a shirt of Y/N's for you to wear." Ash says before disappearing, while she's gone, Y/N stirs before jumping away from me, flinging the wash cloth at me as she squeals, so I grab her arm to keep her from falling off the bed, she looks up at me with exhausted green eyes and I sigh, kissing her head and putting the washcloth back.

"Morning love." I say and she pouts.

"Toby, I don't feel good."

"I know baby, we're going to take you to the doctor in a while." I say, checking my phone for the time to see that it's 8.

"When's my appointment?"

"In an hour." Ash says, coming back in and tossing me the shirt in her hand, I thank her and change shirts, smiling as Y/N steals it and changes into it. "Your dad has some soup down in the kitchen for you." Ash says to Y/N, who nods, so I get up and follow her and Ash to the kitchen, where a bowl of soup is put in front of Y/N and Ash sets a plate of waffles in front of me as she eats pancakes. "And don't you complain, Heath, you like both." She says and I shrug.

"I was going to say thank you." I say and she smiles.

"Well, in that case, you're welcome. I made them for you." Ash says and I nod.

At the doctor's office, I fill out the papers for Y/N as she whines to Ash about how she hates breathing through her mouth and being sick in general, when I finish the paper work, I hand it in and wait with Ash and Y/N until her name is called, so we all three head back there, because she wouldn't budge if I wasn't with her and Ash, when we get to the room, she climbs up on the table while Ash and I sit in the chairs while the nurse checks Y/N's vitals.

"So she's running a 101, so we'll get a doctor in as soon as we can." The nurse says and I nod, watching the door close before looking over at Y/N when she calls my name.

-
Ashlyn
-

About five minutes after the nurse left, a doctor walked in and asked the questions, what's going on, how long, about when did the problems start, nausea, vomiting, shit like that.

"So it sounds like Miss Y/N has a harsher version of the flu, it's nothing too serious, just keep her on fluids, no solids for about a week, how long are you guys in town?"

"We have a week and a half left of camp."

"Well, come back next week for a checkup and we'll go from there, Y/N, what pharmacy do you use?"

"CVS in Portland. My folks use CVS as well. The one over in WeHo," Y/N says before chuckling. "It's like they knew their gay ass daughter would need drugs while she's in LA." Y/N says and Tobin stares at Y/N for a second before slapping her palm against her forehead and looking at me.

"Get that girl some rest." The doctor says, chuckling and we nod.

"Fucking definitely." Tobin mumbles and I laugh.

When we get Y/N home, I carry her to her room and put her to bed before going out to the living room to sit with Tobin, Ethan and Frances.

"I guess I better call Jill." I say and the rest shrug, so I go outside and call Jill, letting her know what the doctor said and nod a little when she says that Tobin and I can spend tomorrow with Y/N as well, and I thank her before hanging up and going back inside.

-
Y/N
-

I sigh as I stop running, putting my arms over my head as I stand off to the side.

"Never getting the flu again." I say to Tobin, who chuckles.

"And how exactly are you going to avoid that?"

"Good question." I say and she rolls her eyes a little before getting right back into practicing as a hand is placed on my back, so I look to the side and smile a little at Mark, who returns the gesture before nodding his head to the side, so I walk with him away from the team.

"So, as you're hopefully aware of, the transfer window is wide open." He says and I nod, furrowing my brow a little. "Well, your agent and I have been talking for a while after you said you'd like to go back to Orlando for a little, but still have the option to come back without having to negotiate another contract with us."

"That was kinda a joke, but I'm listening."

"Sermanni wants you for the rest of this season." Mark says and I take a deep breath, running my hands.

"All I have to do is sign the contract, and I'll be gone how long?"

"He wants you for the rest of this season and next season." Mark says and I sigh. "You've got until August."

"To play for a month."

"Decide fast." He says and I nod.

"Thanks, Mark." I say and Mark nods, walking off, so I go and grab a water bottle when Beckie offers it and sigh as hand it back, thanking her before jogging back to join practice again.

"Everything okay?" Kling asks as we stand in line for some shooting drills, and I sigh.

"Yeah. Mark just wanted to make sure I was feeling better."

"Your face says that that is not what you and Mark were talking about." Kling says and I put my hands on my hips as we get closer to the front, glancing over to see that I'll be taking a cross from Tobin.

"Switch me." I say to Kling, who shrugs.

"Gladly. Gives me a few more seconds to figure out what shot I'll take one."

"One on frame, hopefully." I say before jogging out a little after Allie does and take the cross from her, heading it toward goal and jog out of the box as it goes in.

"Volleys, ladies." Mark says, raising his brow at me and I shrug.

"Headers kinda count, we're volleying the ball off our heads, sometimes off our faces." Kling says and I chuckle. "Ask Abby." She says as we get in the back of the line of crossers.

"Chill, Kling, do you want to run?"

"Sounds fun." Kling says and I chuckle a little.

"You're insane."

"Why'd you make me switch with you?"

"I knew I'd mess up Tobin's cross."

"Impossible. You guys are always on the same page."

"There's something she doesn't know."

"Do you have a dick?!" Kling exclaims and practice halts as everyone looks at us, especially Tobin, so I huff.

"No, Kling." I say before stepping out of line, lying to Mark and saying that I've got to use the can, headed to the locker room, once I'm inside, I sit in front of my locker and sigh, looking up as Tobin comes in.

"What was that?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"It was Kling jumping to conclusions."

"About?"

"Something we need to talk about after practice."

"Mark just called practice." Tobin says and I sigh.

"Let's just change and go home so we can talk about this in private, okay?" I ask and Tobin nods as I get up, headed to the training room so I can talk to Beckie and Noah about my back.

-

When I get home, Tobin is sitting in the living room, petting Sortzen and she stands up as soon as she hears me close the door behind me.

"Y/N, hey." Tobin says and I glance over my shoulder at her as I set my Thorns kit bag down next to Tobin's.

"Hey baby." I say, walking over and kissing her softly, sitting her back down on the couch as I sit on the coffee table right across from her, holding her hands in mine.

"I saw Mark pull you to the side at practice. Is everything okay? Is he pulling you from the roster? Selling you to another club? What's going on?" Tobin asks and I sigh, squeezing her hands gently.

"Everything is fine, baby, I've still got my contract with Thorns FC, but he did give me something serious to think about." I say and Tobin looks me in the eyes.

"What is it?"

"Orlando has shown interest in me for a loan." I say and Tobin stays quiet.

"I haven't said yes or no yet, I wanted to talk to you about it first."

"Mark wouldn't pursue a loan for you unless you said you wanted one. Babe? I thought you were happy being back in Portland with me." Tobin says and I sigh.

"I am, love. Trust me. I'm ecstatic being with you. I guess when I was on the phone with Carli before camp last month, I passed Mark and he heard me joking about transferring to Orlando, and he took it seriously."

"But it was a joke, you can just refuse it." Tobin says and I run my hand through my hair.

"I mean, it kinda was, but I also kinda was serious about it." I say and Tobin looks down at Sortzen before looking back up with me. "I'll talk to Mark more about it in the morning, but right now, I'm still undecided." I say and Tobin sighs a little, so I grab her face and pull her to kiss me. "Let's just go to bed and enjoy our time in each other's arms for tonight, and tomorrow, if I make a decision, I'll let you know." I say and Tobin nods.

"I don't care what you do, stay, go to Orlando, or retire, I'll support your decision." Tobin says and I smile. "I love you, I just want you to be happy." Tobin says and I smile, kissing her again.

"So I'm going to shower, because yours truly got way out of shape while she was on her ass dying, and I'm pretty sure I just sweat out three bowls of soup during practice. Maybe a couple of donuts too."

"How's your back?"

"Tight." I say and Tobin smiles a little.

In the morning, I sigh as I wake up earlier than Tobin, but get out of bed, get dressed, kiss Tobin on her forehead and scratch Sortzen behind his ears as he looks up at me.

"Stay and keep Tobin company." I whisper to him and smile as he cuddles up to Tobin as I grab my phone, wallet, and earbuds slipping them into their respective pockets before grabbing my Ashlyn snap back , smiling a little since I'm wearing her snap back and her shirt before grabbing a hoodie as thunder rolls outside, sighing as I slip it on on my way down stairs to make myself some breakfast and eat it, making Sortzen's, and putting it in his bowl before grabbing my kit bag and my keys, heading out through the garage and get into my Rover, driving to Providence Stadium, since the Timbers were in KC right now, so we got to practice there for once. I park and get out after turning off the Rover, grabbing my bag and heading in, my hood up over my hat as I head in while thunder rolls again, when I get into the stadium, I head to the locker room and change into the clean kit Tobin put in there while I showered last night. Once my cleats are tied, I go to Mark's office and knock on the door, he looks up after a bit and smiles at me, waving me in, so I step in and sit in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"I got some more information from Tom last night, he wants to pay you twice what we pay you here. He's seen your tweets about how you want to give back to the community that made you the player you are today." Mark says and I nod. "So what do you say?"

"If I sign now, when do I have to be in Orlando?"

"Sermanni said that maybe a week and a half." Mark says and I sigh, thinking for a moment before looking up at Mark.

-
Alex
-

"Did you guys hear about the loan Tom's been trying to get?" Ali asks and Ash and I look at each other before looking back at Ali, shaking our heads.

"No. All I know is that she asked for the transfer." I say and look over when one of the other girls starts talking behind us.

"I heard Y/N Y/L/N is looking to transfer." She says and I roll my eyes, looking over at Tom as he walks up to all of us, since we were all grouped up, getting ready for training, basically saying that it's business as usual, so that's exactly what we do, the same thing we do every day unless we're told otherwise, which is probably why we're 10 in the league and Portland just took first from KC. After practice, Ali, Ash, and I all go out for lunch and I furrow my brows when Ash does, pulling her phone.

"What's up?" I ask Ash and she looks up at me.

"Y/N is calling."

"Well, answer her." Ali says, putting some food in her mouth, so Ash answers and has a short conversation, looking at her phone after a couple of minutes.

"Well?"

"She's visiting her sister and wants to know if we're down to hang tomorrow after practice." She says and I shrug.

"Sure, I mean, Serv is gone to New Jersey until Friday, so obviously I have no important plans, unless you count staying in and relaxing with Blue." I say and Ali points at me.

"Same." Ali says and Ash shrugs. The next few minutes are pretty quiet, until I notice a purple polo walk into the restaurant, since Ash and Ali had their backs to the door, and I was sitting facing it, I notice the Orlando emblem on the chest of the polo and I furrow my brow.

"Guys." I say and Krashlyn look at me, so I point with my fork at the Y/N look alike. "Is it me or does she look like Y/N?" I ask and they turn to look at her before turning back to me.

"It's probably our brains playing tricks on us, there's no realistic way that Y/N would conveniently walk into the same restaurant we're at while we're thinking about her immediately following a call from her." Ali says and I shrug, we finish our food, pay and leave, going our separate ways, promising to see each other tomorrow morning.

-
Ashlyn
-

I sigh as I get up off of the ground after saving a shot from Alex, deflecting it out of play for one of the players off to the side of the goal to go in with a new ball, and glance over when I see someone rushing over to Tom, obviously late, I roll my eyes a little, has to be one of the newbies we just got from Stanford.

As we all take a break from practicing, I look for the girl that was late, remembering the number on the shorts, 15. When I find those shorts again, I walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder, not bothering to look at her as I ask her to come talk to me away from the team, when I stop, she stands in front of me and I sigh.

"I know that this is your first practice, but could you maybe try to be on time tomorrow?" I ask.

"Sorry, captain, won't happen again." I hear and finally look at her, because I was trying to get Alex to bring me some water. When I look at her, Y/N smiles and waves.

"What the fuck are you doing in purple?!"

"Practicing with my team."

"Uh, were you hit in the head or something? You play for the Thorns." I say and Y/N shrugs.

"Ya bitch is on loan." Y/N says and I hug her tight.

"I don't give a fuck if Obama got you a house to live in while you're here, you're returning it and becoming my roommate."

"I was just going to crash with Alex until I found a place." Y/N says and I scoff.

"Well you found a place." I say and she smiles. "Wait, what'd Tobin do? Are you guys alright?"

"We're fine, Ash, she was a little upset that I didn't stay the full season, but understood that you guys need a little Thorns flavor to drag y'all asses off the tenth spot in the league. This team has Ashlyn Harris, Ali Kreiger, and Alex Morgan on it, you guys deserve at least a number four rank. I got y'all back." Y/N says and I laugh a little.

"So do I have a co captain?"

"Fuck no. Tom offered me the armband and I almost put white out over my name. I don't deserve that armband. Not yet." Y/N says and I smile at her as we walk back over to the team.

-
Alex
-

As we all take a longer break than usual, we sit down to rest a little, and as soon as we all sit down, Tom decides to introduce the newest member of the team, here on loan from her parent club, so I glance at Ali and Ash as the loan gets up and stands by Tom.

"Guys, welcome Y/N Y/L/N back into the Pride." Tom says and I snap my head back over to see Y/N standing there.

"Guys, I don't think we were hallucinating yesterday." Ali says and I chuckle a little as Y/N comes and sits next to me when she's told to sit back down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 5.1K 59
"Remember I said I didn't love you? I lied." "Me too."
30.9K 371 37
Alex decides last minute that she wants to go and attend UNC instead of UCAL like her mother and sisters. When Alex leaves she leaves on a sour note...
566K 15.8K 150
17 year old Evelyn Rodriguez gets called up to the national team after the team goes to watch one of her games. Evelyn without knowing catches the ey...
41.6K 554 18
If there's one thing Christen Press knows for sure it's that she wants Tobin Heath more than anything in the world. The only issues? Tobin is oblivio...