Talex Who (Tobin/You)

By MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

24

5.6K 109 8
By MackenzieGrace21

When Alex, Ali, and I get back to Orlando, we get right into training, since the team just lost to Sky Blue, and the next game against Boston is the day after we're due in LA for our next boot camp on the twenty third.

"You're quiet." Alex points out and I sigh a little.

"I'm exhausted."

"Maybe that's because you and Y/N wrestled around on the floor this morning like a couple of lion cubs or something." Alex says and I chuckle, shrugging.

"Once Pride, always Pride." I say and Alex rolls her eyes. "She also stole my wallet." I say and Alex laughs.

"Yeah, I know." Alex says and I sigh.

"Ash." Ali says and I look over. "Come on, your ride is here." She says and I sigh before hugging them both on my way out to the car that's waiting for me to take me to my place while Alex and Ali head to their places. Ali refused my invitation to move in with me when she first signed with PFC when Y/N and Alex made the switch, and it's kinda just stayed the same, except for the fact that Servando took Y/N's spot as Alex's roommate, which makes sense, they're married after all, Ali and I are on our own in our own houses, I'd say I minded, but not really, moving in together could possibly ruin our relationship, so we're holding off on that, plus I can be as me as I want to be, loud, happy, shark obsessed me. Plus if Y/N ever runs away from Portland to visit her sister and niece, she's got a place to crash if she wonders over here, and we all know that's a given for her, if she's in Florida, there's two places she'll go, Miami, and Orlando. As I set my bag down in my room, I get a text, so I pull my phone out of my back pocket and look at the text from Tobin, it's a video, of Y/N most likely, Y/N thinks she can be sneaky about the fact that she's as amazing a musician as she is a soccer player, but Tobin almost always finds her and records her for proof if Y/N ever claims that she's not musically inclined at all, this time, it's a video of Y/N with her ukulele in her arms, playing Holding Onto You by twenty one pilots.

"She's so cute." Tobin says in the video and I chuckle a little as the video ends, so I close it and respond to the text.

Me: Scare her for me, please.

TOBIN: Alright.

I smile at the following video of Tobin scaring Y/N and telling her that the scare was courtesy of me, and get my laundry done before going to the kitchen to make myself some food. When it's done, I sit down and eat before washing my dishes and going to put my clothes to dry, showering while that goes, and get dressed in some comfy clothes before going and taking the clothes out of the dryer, putting them up before going to bed.

In the morning, I get up and get dressed so I can go to practice, when I get to the stadium, Ali is walking in just ahead of me, but has her earbuds in, so I just keep my pace and follow her into the locker room, heading to my locker to get into my training kit and heading out to the field to warm up.

-
Y/N
-

I huff as I sprint down the field after the long ball that Adrianna sends me before settling it and dribbling toward goal, pulling a few skill moves to get past Tobin and take a shot on goal, and make it as I watch from my back, since my cleat slipped as I shot. Tobin comes over and helps me and I thank her as we all go get some water from the bench. Danielle is visiting PTFC, so I mumble a quick thanks as she hands me a bottle of water before I go to stand with Kling, Allie and Sonnett, with Tobin following close behind. Danielle is the assistant trainer for Sky Blue, and they were here early for some reason that I didn't care to know, because it's not like I was going to play the SBFC game, not me, not Allie, not Emily, not Kilng, not Tobin, we leave for LA two days before game day for our next boot camp. I'd complain about the frequency of our boot camps lately, but this is exactly what the team needs as we prepare for France next year.

"Y/N/N." Kling says and I look at her.

"Your ex is eye fucking you." Kling says and I glance at Tobin to see her jaw tighten ever so slightly.

"Let her stare, she knows she can't have any of me anymore. Bitch fucked up, let me fall for this one right here." I say, smiling at Tobin, who grins at me. "And I'm not going back." I finish and Tobin gives me a full blown smile.

"Okay ladies, break's over." Mark says, coming back out from his office because the assistant coach told him about an important call that he had to take ASAP, so he told us to take a break, I of course, didn't listen and trained for a few more minutes, until now. But hey, can't get better without working for it. When we start back up again with training, we work on dealing with long passes, which is what I was doing while everyone else was resting, so I just do exactly what I have been doing until Mark tells us to split off into two groups, starters and reserves to scrimmage.

After training, in the locker room, there's light chatter as we all change, but as I sit in the chair in front of my locker in only my shorts, Mark walks in and glances around, nobody was naked, so it didn't really matter. Only three of us were shirtless and I was one of them, as were Tobin and Kling. I sigh as I tie my hair back and listen to Mark as he speaks.

"So tomorrow, we're going to spend the day in the gym lifting and doing some additional fitness training." He says and we all nod before he walks out as I grab my World Champions shirt from 2015 and slip it on while Kling raises her brow at me.

"Shut up, Kling, it's just a shirt." I say and she shrugs, putting her hands up in defense.

"Didn't say a thing." She says and I nod, turning back to my bag so I can grab my sweats before taking my cleats off, as well as my socks and shin pads, no tape this time, since I finally found the sleeves that have been missing since the day I got them. Happens all the time. I change socks and change into my sweats, slipping my high tops on and tying them, heading to the training room to get some ice for my right shoulder, where Sonnett landed on me during the scrimmage when we both went up for a header. She won it and scored on Adrianna, obviously, she jumped sooner and higher than I did and we just landed weird. When I get to the training room, I ignore Danielle asking me what I needed as I looked to Beckie when she asked what I needed.

"I need ice for my shoulder. Sonnett thought I was a landing pad when we were scrimmaging." I say and Beckie nods, disappearing to the ice machine to make me a bag of ice as I slip my shirt off so she can wrap the ice to my shoulder when she comes back.

"How have you been?" Danielle asks, staring at me as I scroll through my phone, looking at all the random little things Ashlyn's texted me through practice, since she's three hours ahead of us, she's been texting throughout the entire practice. "You look good." She attempts again and I continue to ignore her as I open twitter.

"Alright, Y/N, here we are." Beckie says, coming back, so I walk over to her, my shirt in hand as I put my phone back in my pocket. I turn my back to Beckie and she brushes her fingers over where Emily's knee hit my shoulder. "It's so red."

"Figured." I say and Beckie chuckles, putting the ice to my shoulder.

"Dani, come help me." Beckie says and I sigh, but stay still, holding my right arm out to my side and my left one up a little higher so I can be wrapped. Of course, Danielle does her best to stop the plastic wrap over my collarbone and she looks at me as she puts her hand over my collarbone, tearing the plastic away from itself.

"Thanks, Beckie." I say and Beckie nods.

"No problem." She says and I leave the training room to see Tobin waiting with both our bags in her hands, so I take mine and kiss her softly, thanking her.

"You're welcome." She says as I sling the backpack onto my left shoulder, stuffing my shirt into it as I walk out to my Range Rover, since Tobin has a photo shoot today we took different cars so she could head straight to the shoot after practice, because she showered while I was in the training room. As I toss my bag into the passenger seat, I hear Tobin call my name, so I look over to see her leaning over the console in her car, looking at me, so I smile at her, a gesture she returns.

"Can I help you?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Just letting you know that I'll be home around two." She says and I nod, checking my phone to see that it's noon. "You also forgot your hoodie." She says, holding up my hoodie and I smile, walking over and taking it from her, leaning into the window to steal a kiss.

"Thank you. I'll see you at home." I say and she chuckles as I walk back to the driver door, slipping on the hoodie as best as I could, since it was starting to sprinkle, again. Don't get me wrong, I like the rain, I fucking love the rain, but it was raining when Tobin and I landed yesterday and rained all night and halfway through practice, it's freezing, yet it's fucking June.

"Hey, Y/N?" I hear as I go to climb into the driver seat and look over, rolling my eyes when I see Danielle walking toward me, so I close the driver door and turn on the car before rolling down the window.

"What do you want." I say and Danielle sighs.

"I wanted to know if you'd like to hang out. Are you going to play in the game next week?" She asks and I shake my head. "Is that a no to the second question?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"It's a no to both, Danielle." I say and she sighs.

"Okay, I get you're still mad at me for what I did, but I realize now that it was a mistake."

"I don't care what the fuck it was, you could've been held at gunpoint while doing it, and I'd still be as pissed as I was back then."

"You're not mad anymore?"

"No."

"So let's hang."

"No."

"You're so confusing." Danielle says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not mad because you treating me like shit is what made Tobin and I happen. You fucking up our relationship is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me, Danielle,"

"I miss you."

"I'm in love, Danielle, with Tobin, I'm sorry that you're too damn stupid to figure that out, but I'm in love with Tobin and there's nothing you could do to change that. And that's why I won't hang out with you. Because I know what kind of person you are, you only want to spend time with me to try and get me back, or in my pants, probably both knowing you." I say and Danielle sighs. "Have a nice life, Danielle, stop trying to fuck up mine more than you have. My two year anniversary with Tobin is on the day that the Thorns play Sky Blue again, and I still haven't completely opened up to Tobin because of you. Because all you wanted was sex. Sex, sex, sex." I say and Danielle looks down. "So thanks for messing that up for me and my girlfriend." I say before backing out of the parking space, rolling up my window and drive home. When I get home, I take my jacket off as I walk to the kitchen and take the ice off, since it's been more than twenty minutes and empty the bag into the kitchen sink, throwing the plastic and bag in the trash before grabbing a towel so I can let Sortzen in. Surprisingly, he's only damp, not soaking wet like I figured he'd be, so I dry him off and scratch behind his ears.

"I'm sorry for putting you out there, buddy, but you like to make messes when you're inside by yourself." I say, walking to the living room and slipping my hoodie back on as I lay on the couch, pulling a blanket over myself, smiling as Sortzen lays on my feet while he and I watch Moana. Call me a child. I don't give a fuck. I am a child and I'm fucking proud of it.

-

I sigh as I sit up, listening to the sounds coming from the kitchen, Sortzen is gone, and there's a heavier blanket over me, and the fireplace has been lit, so I groan as I get up and stretch, moaning a little as my back pops. Definitely need to let Noah get a hold of me after practice tomorrow.

"Well, if it isn't the sleeping beauty." I hear Tobin say and I look over at her before looking at my watch to check the time. 3:45.

"The hell, I was out that long?" I ask and Tobin shrugs.

"I got home and both you and Sortzen were dead asleep, Moana's bonus feature's menu up, how far into the movie did you get before falling asleep?"

"Last thing I remember is the water messing up her hair."

"Damn."

"I was cold. Shut up." I say and she smiles. "This is the bad part about Oregon. Cold and wet."

"Where would you rather be?"

"In your arms." I say and smile as Tobin wraps me in her arms, kissing me.

"Happy?"

"Yes." I say and Tobin laughs.

"Come on, I made us some lunch." She says and I smile a little, following her into the kitchen to eat.

-
Ashlyn
-

I sigh as Ali, Alex, and I all land in Los Angeles and head to luggage claim to get our bags before going out front of the airport to get in the uber Ali got for us while we waited for our bags, when we get in, the guy drives us to the hotel, and we all pay him before going inside to find the entire team waiting to get room assignments and keys.

"Ashlyn, Y/N, you two are sharing a room, no late night fighting. You got it?" Dawn asks, looking at Y/N and I, who were somehow standing right next to each other.

"Got it." Y/N says and I nod.

"Understood." I say and Dawn hands us each a key, so we go stand by the elevators with Kelley and Press, both follow Y/N and I to the elevator as we head to our room after a couple chaotic minutes, when we get to our floor, we get to our rooms and settle in.

"Dibs on the bed furthest from the door." Y/N says and I shrug.

"Alright." I say and she nods, tossing her things onto the bed and I do the same, looking at Y/N as she just melts into the bed. "Wake up, Y/N." I say and Y/N whines.

"No." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Come on." I say, getting up and pulling on her leg.

"Ugh, fine, but only because you're annoying as hell."

-

On the second day of camp, Y/N was out for a couple of days with something, I can't remember what it was, but it was enough for her to need Tylenol to fall asleep tonight after the team dinner, and Kyle is here visiting Ali, so I go to Ali and Carli's room and knock on the door, when the door opens, Carli raises an eyebrow at me.

"I take it you're not here to see me." Carli says, stepping to the side.

"Love you, Car."

"Hurry up and plan your prank on Y/N." Carli says and I look at her. "Don't look at me like that." She says and I sigh, but walk into the room to find Ali and Kyle sitting out on the balcony talking, so I go knock on the glass door, making both Kreigers look over at me before waving me out, so I step out and Kyle smiles at me before hugging me.

"Hey." He says and I smile a little.

"Hey."

"How are you?"

"Good, how about you?" I ask and he nods.

"I'm alive, I'm with my sister, can't really complain."

"I've got a proposition for you." I say and Kyle raises his eyebrow at me.

"Straight to business. Must be a prank." He says and I nod. "On?"

"Y/N."

"Why?"

"She yelled at me this morning, she was really mean, I want to get back at her."

"So where do I fit into this prank?" Kyle asks and I shrug.

"Well, it's not like I'm a hair dresser."

"I am not touching Y/N's hair." Kyle says and I raise an eyebrow. "Alright, you got me, I'm in, what are we doing to her?" He asks and I point to my hair. "The same exact thing?" He asks and I nod.

"Are you sure, babe?" Ali asks and I nod at her.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just don't want your best friend to up stage you the first day having a haircut you've had for almost a year." Ali says and I roll my eyes at her.

"You've definitely been hanging around Y/N." I say and the Kreiger siblings laugh at me. "Are we doing this or what?" I ask and Kyle nods.

"Lucky you, I have some equipment in my car for some strange reason." Kyle says and I nod. "Is she asleep?" Kyle asks and I nod.

"Yeah, she took some pain killers right after dinner and just passed out a half hour ago. She won't budge until morning." I say and Kyle sighs.

"I can't believe you're roping me into this." Kyle says and I shrug as he gets up and heads out of the room, most likely to his car to get his things. When Carli lets him back in, I lead him to mine and Y/N's room and Kelley helps me move Y/N to the tub, since she saw Kyle and I headed into mine and Y/N's room with Kyle's things and wanted to know what was going on.

"I had nothing to do with this." Kelley says before leaving and I chuckle, watching as Kyle carefully washes Y/N's hair before doing what I asked of him. When he finishes, I pay him for it and thank him for his help, before calling Tobin as Kyle and I leave the bathroom, Y/N still snoring like she didn't just get a haircut she probably didn't even want.

"What's up, Ash?" Tobin answers and I sigh, just barely realizing that Tobin just might kill me for pranking Y/N like this.

"So, uh, don't kill me."

"What'd you do?"

"I kinda pranked Y/N in her sleep?"

"Okay? What'd you do?"

"Kyle and I gave her a haircut."

"She's going to kill you, Ash." Tobin says and I sigh. "Why'd you call me to tell me that you're going to die?"

"Because, Y/N's clothes got wet and I'm not about to strip my sleeping best friend, when she has a girlfriend who's perfectly capable of doing just that." I say and Tobin sighs. "Plus there's most likely tiny hairs in the clothes she's wearing right now." I add and Tobin sighs again.

"Meet me in the hall outside all of our rooms, I'm on my way out of the pool right now." Tobin says and I nod, stepping out of the room and wait for Tobin as Kyle heads back to spend time with Ali, when Tobin shows up, she shakes her head at me. "Let's get in there then." She says and I open the room for her and show her her sleeping girlfriend, still dead to the world in the bath tub where Kyle and I left her. "She's going to kill you, Ash." Tobin whispers and I nod.

"I know." I say, watching as Tobin lifts Y/N out of the tub, carrying her out of the bathroom, laying Y/N on her bed, since Y/N's jacket was laid out over the blanket.

"Now get out." Tobin says and I nod, leaving the hotel room and standing outside, after about ten minutes, Tobin texts me, telling me that I can go back in, so I use my key card to go in and see Y/N half awake, so I smile softly at my best friend and go sit on the opposite side of her from Tobn.

"Hey, Ash." Y/N mumbles, still obviously heavily under the influence of the pain killers she took.

"Hey, dopey." I say and Y/N giggles, looking to Tobin.

"She's talking about me, Toby." She says and Tobin smiles.

"Go to sleep baby." Tobin softly suggests and Y/N nods, getting comfy, in the hoodie that was on her bed earlier, probably in some shorts, the hood up on the jacket, and Y/N just slips back into sleep, so Tobin smiles and kisses her head softly, grabbing my wrist and pulls me out of the room with her. "No more shaving my girlfriend. Okay?" She says and I nod.

"No worries, I'm following Y/N's foot steps, minus the pain killers." I say and Tobin nods, so I go back into the room and change into pajamas as well, before turning out the lights and crawling into bed.

-

In the morning, I wake up with a light groan, which is echoed, so I look over at Y/N at the same time she looks at me and we chuckle.

"We did not just wake up at the same time." Y/N says and I laugh some more as we get out of bed.

"We did." I say and she shrugs, pulling her hoodie off, of course Tobin left her in a sports bra and shorts under the hoodie, Y/N's usual pajamas, I grab my clothes and head to the bathroom to change, brush my teeth, and wash my face while Y/N changes in the room and when I finish, I walk out to see Y/N fixing her watch while I fight with mine and we both look at each other.

"I'm not changing." We both say at the same time and I shrug.

"We can be those best friends for today." I say and Y/N shrugs, walking past me and into the bathroom.

"I'm gonna brush my teeth." She says and I nod, letting her pass as I pull my shades from my bag, looking up when I hear Y/N yell my name. "Ashlyn!" She yells and I walk into the bathroom to see her standing in front of the mirror, polo half off, staring wide eyed at her reflection.

"What's up?" I ask and she looks at me and back at her reflection.

"What happened to my head?" She asks and I furrow my brow.

"Didn't you have that cut when we got to camp?" I ask and shakes her head.

"No! Ash! Who the fuck did this to me?!" She asks and I laugh a little.

"Kyle and I teamed up last night while you were asleep." I say and she huffs, rolling her eyes, pushing me out of the bathroom, shutting the door in my face.

"You're so annoying!" She groans out and I chuckle a little. "I look better than you do, by the way!" She yells out and I roll my eyes.

"There she is." I say to myself, waiting for Y/N to come out, when she does, she tells me to come on, so we both grab our wallets and everything, and Tobin is the first to spot us.

"You look good babe." Tobin say and Y/N grins.

"Thanks." Y/N says before handing Tobin her phone. "Could you please take a picture of this for evidence when I break the news to my mom that she actually has twins instead of just me and my sister?" Y/N asks and Tobin shrugs, doing as asked before handing the phone back to Y/N, who kisses Tobin softly, dragging me away afterward.

At breakfast, we're all sitting in our usual groups, and as we're all eating, I get a notification that I was tagged in an Instagram post from Y/N, so I open it and see the picture Tobin just took of Y/N and I, I chuckle a little and read the caption.

'When your best friend recruits a hair stylist to prank you in your pain killer induced sleep. #twinning @ashlynharris24 I hate you and @kylekreigerhair so much right now.'

I look up at Y/N and she flips me off, so I laugh and everybody looks between her and I, since we're sitting across from each other.

"Check Instagram." Y/N says when Moe opens her mouth to ask what was going on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 371 37
Alex decides last minute that she wants to go and attend UNC instead of UCAL like her mother and sisters. When Alex leaves she leaves on a sour note...
41.6K 554 18
If there's one thing Christen Press knows for sure it's that she wants Tobin Heath more than anything in the world. The only issues? Tobin is oblivio...
Pariah By J

Romance

15.1K 370 16
Melody Bordeaux is called up to the USWNT a few weeks before the 2016 Olympics, she gets to know everyone on team, especially Hope Solo, but when the...
34.7K 653 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...