Cold Feet (COMPLETED)

ANNwithnoE

Three years ago, Andrea "Dei" Mendoza is stricken with wedding jitters and backs out of her wedding to Richar... Еще

Prologue
Damask Rose
Peony
Morning Glory
Lavender
Jonquil
Begonia
Daffodil
Yellow Rose
Yellow Carnation
Celandine
Call for Help
Update
Balsam
Jasmine
Lime Blossom
Iris
Aloe
Arum
False Reality
Columbine
Eglantine Rose
Anemone
Anemone 2.0
Rainflower
Clove
Ambrosia
Purple Carnation
Protea
Geranium
Hibiscus
Snowdrop
White Tulip
Rosemary
Ivy
Ivy 2.0
Yellow Tulip
Tansy
Tansy 2.0
Ylang-Ylang
Green Willow
Thistle
Green Willow 2.0
Lobelia
Lotus
Basil
Bluebell
Motherwort
Red Rose
Red Rose 2.0
Heather
Statice
Aster
White Rose
Striped Carnation
Anthurium
Girl Friday
Honeysuckle
Betony
Hazel
Alyssum
Oregano
Epilogue

Plumeria

6.7K 582 134
ANNwithnoE

Last day of our long weekend beshies, huhubels :(  I had a great time just lazing in the house, we refused to take a risk flying out and getting pissed off with all the airport drama due to delayed flights and crowds. Staying home was great for catching up on sleep and some writing.

Anyway, this chapter is all about spontaneity. Have you ever noticed how unplanned nights out or gatherings have better chances of pushing through than something planned and organized from a long way off?  Unplanned get-togethers are always the best things to happen!

Find out what surprise Dei had planned for Richard in this chapter, and how Richard reacted to her surprise. I hope this chapter makes you happy too, I was inspired by the Maldives newsbit, haha, hopia t my own risk I know, but happy just the same.

Have fun ready my dears and let me know what you feel with this chapter :)

July 3, 2017

It was a week since the unfortunate Shayne visit to the New Age office and Dei was still thinking about it. She was not worried anymore about Richard falling for Shayne again, of that she was sure already and convinced of Richard's devotion to her. However, she was worried that Shayne would not stop creating all sorts of trouble between them.

She decided it was time for her to do something special for Richard, for a change. She wanted their bond to be strong, to convince Richard of her devotion to him as well. It was time to pull all stops to take their relationship to the next level.

They stopped celebrating monthsaries, and ever since they got back together, they never discussed celebrating their original anniversary, which was today. She called up Richard early morning to start working on her surprise.

"Hello Jay? Don't come by for me today, need to work on something."

"Is everything ok?"

"Yes.....nothing's wrong with me, don't worry. I just need to do research on something."

"Will you still pass by the office later?"

"No, I'll be out all day, baby."

"Will I see you at all today?"

She bit back a smile. He was beginning to sound testy and she knew why. He probably had something planned for later.

"Yes but I'm kind of lazy to go out later. I'll call you later, ok?"

"But today's.........ok fine. Call me later."

He hung up without saying goodbye, but Dei wasn't worried. She would more than make up for that later.  She had a lot to do today, for the biggest surprise she wanted to pull off for Richard.

A day after Shayne showed up, Dei compiled photos of her and Richard together and sent it to a supplier friend who prints picture books as a business. She also finished a video compilation of their travels with their favorite Coldplay song, Clocks, with a message from her at the end of the video. She was going to insert the DVD of the video into the flap at the back cover of the picture book, after a special printed sticker was labelled to the DVD.

She drove to her friend Mavic's house, to pick up the book and have the DVD labelled. Her gift was now nicely wrapped and stored at the back seat of her car. She had her nails done, French tipped the way Richard liked, her hair blown dry into soft waves around her shoulders.

Her afternoon was devoted to fixing up the entertainment room in Arcadia, where the low center table was set with cold cuts, assorted cheese, soft dinner rolls, sticky buns and Ciabatta bread, penne pesto with grilled chicken, and Richard's favorite Viennese Mocha Torte. A bottle of Shiraz was also chilling in the ice bucket. It was already 5:00 in the afternoon when she finished and called Richard's number.

"Hi baby."

"Hi, where were you? You never texted or called all day." He still sounded sullen and in a bad mood.

"I was busy. Babe, I miss going to Arcadia. Can we just meet here?"

"You mean you're already there?"

"Yes, Jay. Come quick. Don't bring anything, I already have food here."

"Hmmm......what have you been up to, sweetie?" She heard in his voice the beginnings of a smile.

"Just come over, you'll find out."

-----

Richard arrived at Arcadia to the wonderful smell freshly baked bread and pesto. Dei, hearing the car door slam, rushed out of the Entertainment Room and launched herself at him, kissing him full on the lips, her tongue teasing his. Richard dropped everything he was holding, the bouquet of flowers, his bag and a gift bag for Dei, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist.

His mouth slanted over hers and matched her hunger, kissing her with an urgency that was making them both heat up. His hand went down to her butt and pressed her hip to his hard-on, making her whimper. Reluctantly, she pushed him gently and looked at him, her eyes twinkling.

"Happy anniversary, baby. I bet you thought I forgot."

He looked at her appreciatively, noting the skimpy denim shorts, the thin floral top with a floral cover-up over it, the glorious waves of her thick hair looking seductively mussed up by his hands. He playfully flicked her nose with a finger.

"You look good enough to eat, babe. Am I having you for dinner?"

"Don't dare me, Jay. Don't dare me."

"I want to. I dare you to drop all your clothes and let me eat you here right now."

He started planting wet kisses on her neck, making her roll her eyes up with pleasure. With a lot of effort, she pushed him again.

"Later, sweetie." She said huskily, rubbing her breasts against his chest. He reluctantly let go of her and gave her the gift bag and flowers.

"Open the gift later, Dei. I want to see what you've been up to."

"Let's have dinner first, Jay."

He admired the effort she put into the table laden with his favorites. Both hungry, they ate a hearty dinner and chatted about the office and work. After dinner, they took out their gifts for each other. Richard gave Dei a Rolex watch, which Dei was reluctant to accept.

"Jay.....this is too much, you don't need to buy me gifts like this."

"But I want to, Dei. Let me pamper you, it's not everyday that I buy you something nice."

"I'm hesitant to give you my gift now. It's nothing compared to this."

"Don't say that. Let me see. I'm sure I'll love what you gave."

She hesitantly gave him the gift bag, watching as he tore off the wrapper and caressed the cover of the picture book. Silently, he opened the picture book and looked at the photos of them together, their dance during the first party they were in together, their happy first date, photos of their trip to Italy and his proposal, some shots in Vietnam.

He felt a lump in his throat, thinking of all these events that led them to this moment, their journey as a couple that had so many twists and turns. He turned the last page and saw the DVD slide out of the flap. Wordlessly, he gave the DVD to Dei, looking at her with glassy eyes, not trusting himself to speak. The video looked dramatic on their LED screen, the music lyrics so apt to what transpired between them. He finally lost it when the video ended and she was onscreen with her message for him.

"Hi Jay. Happy Anniversary, baby. I'm counting this as our fifth anniversary despite the three years we were apart. I never imagined us separated then, just taking time off, preparing for better days. That's what I told myself when times got really rough. The thought of coming home and being with you again made me stronger."

"Jay.......I want to be your wife. Now. I believe I'm ready, I've spent more than enough time away from you to know that you're the one for me. I hope you still want me, imperfect Dei, baggage and all. I may not have any accomplishments or bragging rights to anything I've done to make you proud of me, but you have my heart and body, all of both. I love you, Jay. This time, I'm the one asking you. Marry me."

They were both crying as they hugged tightly, then Dei took out from her pocket a velvet pouch containing her engagement ring, the ring Richard gave from his mom. She took out the ring and gave it to Richard.

"Will you be my fiance again, Jay? I want to wear our ring again."

He took the ring from her and kissed her hand, then slid the ring on her left ring finger. He pulled her to his lap and kissed her, caressing her jaw, his other hand cradling her back. Her arms wrapped around his neck and pulled him closer. After a few minutes, he broke the kiss and leaned his forehead against hers.

"Dei, I don't want to wait anymore. Can we get married in a civil ceremony first? We can plan another church wedding...."

She put a finger against his lips and smiled.

"My surprise does not end here."

She got up to get a gift envelope, and sat back on his lap.

"Open it babe."

Inside were two plane tickets to Puerto Princesa.

"We're going to Palawan this weekend?"

"Yes babe, we're getting married this weekend. Janelle's dad is a judge there. I can't wait to be your wife either."

He closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose to calm himself down. She would finally be his. They would finally get to live in this house together, everyday. He couldn't stop the flow of his tears. When he looked up to her, he saw her crying happy tears like him.

"Dei...........a thousand Rolexes will never match what you gave me tonight."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

I Went to Your Wedding EMM

Любовные романы

34.5K 2K 30
Carmaine Dei Mendez, bride to be, never been in love, will she ever? Enrico Jay Richards, engaged twice, runaway groom, will he ever settle? Will th...
328 1 35
Aadya lost the guy she truly loved. Her father got her married forcefully to a rich guy. But he didn't even love Aadya after their marriage. Will des...
454K 28.6K 52
Nicolette and Nicomaine Mendoza are identical twin sisters who fall in love with the same guy, Richard Faulkerson Jr. By twist of fate, it is Nicole...
434K 22.4K 33
Richard was a self confessed playboy while Maine was your regular girl. In spite of their differences they have managed to become good friends. Their...