A Musician To Be Reckoned With

By AnimeReverseHaremW

Octave Reiner is the heroine of this crazy disorganized story full of her past and her present time that is... More

| Prologue |
| Part 1 | Friendship & Love
| Chapter 1 | Of Course
| Chapter 2 | Can't Turn Back Now
| Chapter 3 | Keep Shaking the Head
| Chapter 5 | Science AP
| Chapter 6 | Language Arts AP
| Chapter 7 | Lunch
| Chapter 8 | Math AP
| Chapter 9 | Music Band
| Chapter 10 | Social AP
| Chapter 11 | Music Instruments
| Chapter 12 | After School Fun
| Chapter 13 | 'Tiny' Anger
| Chapter 14 | Empathy
| Chapter 15 | PARTY TIME
| Chapter 16 | Blessings
| Chapter 17 | Evil Sparkling Eyes
| Chapter 18 | First One Moved
| Chapter 19 | Secret
| Chapter 20 | Sneezes
| Chapter 21 | Sick
| Chapter 22 | Slaps
| Chapter 23 | Broken Long Ago
| Chapter 24 | Phone Call
| Chapter 25 | Bandmates
| Chapter 26 | Still The Same
| Chapter 27 | Best Christmas
| Chapter 28 | Annoying Friends
| Chapter 29 | Meet The Seasons
| Chapter 30 | Connecting Pt. 1
Authors Help!

| Chapter 4 | History of Music AP

2.8K 91 12
By AnimeReverseHaremW

> Picture of Naya Yashiko <

The bell rings loudly signalling that it was the end of class getting all of us, Choir Chorus students to look up from our designated work. 

"Wow, time went by fast." Jason whistles getting me to sigh quite disappointingly.

"We'll just possibly finish it at the last block." I state before standing up from the grass stretching my limbs, "Estimating how fast we work right now, I say we can finish the preparations around a week or so."

They all nod before they also begin packing up to their next block.

"Hey, Octave. What's your next class?" Shiro asks smiling widely beside me already packed up.

"History of Music AP with Mr Hendricks." I answer before swinging my backpack onto my back.

"Isn't that a 3rd year class though?" he tilts his head in confusion.

"I took the Pre-Course in my old school so they bumped me up for a few classes." I hand him my schedule which he takes from me to quickly scan it.

"You have Science AP with me and the triplets! Language Arts AP with Rika, Violet, and Uni. And then Math AP with Sung Gun and Maki. Then finally, Social Studies AP with Arions and Lero. Seeing your schedule, I think you have most of your classes with at least one of us." He smiles brightly.

"Sweet." I put on a small smile before taking my schedule from him, "I've gotta head to my next class, so I'll see ya later."

"Um..." Naya tries to speak up not being heard by others with her small voice, but she caught mine.

"What's up, Naya?" I ask smiling before realizing my mistake, "Sorry, I mean Yashiko."

"Um... You can call me Naya." She whispers blushing with a hidden smile, "And, I have the same class as you for the next block. Can we walk together?"

If I show my expressions outwardly, I would have been hugging her so tight because of her cuteness and shyness.

Smiling with my eyes closed, I chirp, "Yes please! I'd appreciate that!"

Her face brightens before she rushes off to receive her bag. Maki looks at me with caution at the side as he saw the small conversation between Naya and I. Looking over to me, I give off a innocent smile before Naya begins rushing over.

"Let's go!" she says in excitement getting me to giggle at her cuteness.

"I didn't know you were a 3rd Year Student." I muse getting her to fidget.

"People think I'm in elementary school so..." she hesitates before getting me wanting to hit myself.

"Oh! No, I didn't mean to offend you! I meant that I didn't know what year you are, just like everyone else. All I know is that you're either 2nd or 3rd! I'm sorry if I did offend you." I apologize getting her to look up at me.

"It's fine! And yes, I'm a 3rd Year. You can tell what year people are depending on their uniform color. Red is for seniors, green is for juniors and blue for sophomores!" she explains getting me to nod.

"I see." I finally understand before she turns back and waves at Maki.

He sees this and begins to head over to us with a fast pace. Instantly, I look at the color of his uniform to find that he is also a senior. 

"Maki is in the same class as us!" Naya states in her soft voice.

"I'll hope you'll take care of me from now on, Nerons." I stretch out my hand.

"Same to you. Just call me Maki." he replies accepting my hand with his cold face.

"Are you possibly half-Russian?" I guess getting his eyes to brighten up a bit with a shock face, "I can guess from your appearance and name."

"And you?" he asks wondering about me already.

"I'm quarter-Japanese, quarter-Korean, and half-English." I answer getting shocked look from both my seniors.

"How?" Naya asks in confusion as we have already began walking down the hallways to our classes.

"My mother is half-Japanese and half-English while my father is half-Korean and half-English." I detail rubbing the back of neck awkwardly, "With math, I should be what I should be, if not, eh."

Naya begins to open her mouth ready to ask a question which I know will bring my mood down, but Maki places a hand on her shoulder stopping her in confusion. Seeing their closeness, I place back my smile on.

"You two seem close to each other, how long have you two been friends?" I ask changing the topic.

"We're childhood friends." Naya smiles gently.

"Our parents are old friends with each other so we basically lived together." Maki adds.

"That's cute." I admire thinking back to my childhood friends and how separated we are, except for Kafe.

We all begin small talks with each other getting Naya to easily open up to me before we arrive to class. Entering inside, they wave goodbye for now as they head to their seats while I wait at the doorway of the class. Glances head my way as whispers get between students with mumbles of the event of my first class and being in Choir Chorus.

"That's her?"

"Definitely. I heard she didn't pay in attention in Mr Denver's class and got in trouble. But she got off the hook after showing off her talents. Such a show-off."

"I heard she got into Chorus Choir."

"I thought that was only for 2nd and 3rd years?"

"It is, but she got accepted because of her music talent, it seems."

"Show off."

"She doesn't even look pretty. There's no way she'll succeed as a singer."

"Ugly."

I ignore the gossip as the bell rings again signalling classes will be beginning soon. The door opens as a man enters inside, he looks around the class before spotting me nearby getting his deep frown to smirk.

"You must be Octave Reiner, you've become quite famous through the school already." He reports getting me to wonder if I'm already in trouble with staffs already.

"Is that so..." I laugh nervously.

"Anyways, I'm Mr Hendricks, Mr H for short. I've seen your profile information, Miss Reiner, and I've got to say I'm quite impressed with your achievements." he states loud enough for the silent class to listen in, "20 Gold Trophies you won when you were 6 years old. It seems like you were a prodigy till you were 10 years old, then you suddenly stopped every musical related things. In total during your 'Golden Time', you had won 132 awards. Quite an accomplishment, but why did you leave and then suddenly come back?"

Stalker alert. This guy has looked into this deeply, but not deep enough.

"I didn't have the motive to continue music back then, so I just quit," I shrug challenging him, "but I didn't just return now. If you checked more deeply, you would have seen I came back much earlier."

Silence fills the whole class as Mr Hendricks and I have a stare down. A laugh grabs both of our attention getting me to look over to Maki who was covering his mouth. That's when he begins bursting out in laughter as he couldn't keep it in.

"He just got roasted!" he shouts holding his stomach getting me to hide my laughter inside.

A tick was on Mr Hendricks face before he sighs calming himself down, "Anyways, Miss Reiner, you'll be sitting beside Mr Nerons who's the one that's soon going to get detention on the last block."

I turn my head to face the teacher again, but in shock.

Last block?

"I'll talk to Mr Edison if you can miss his class." Mr Hedricks begins heading to his desk.

"But Mr - " Maki begins realizing his mistake.

"No arguing back, Mr Nerons."

"Sorry Mr Hendricks, but on the last block, the Chorus Choir has a meeting for an upcoming event and we need to get ready." I apologize hoping to get Maki out of trouble.

"Is that so? I remember now, Mr Nerons, Miss Yashiko and you, Miss Reiner are all in Chorus Choir." he muses humming before smirking mischievously, "How about you put up a show for us all now?"

Not this again.

"But wouldn't that interrupt the class?"

"Not one bit, I was going to assign self-study anyways."

Groaning inside, I wonder why I always get stuck in these situations.

"And if we do, does that mean you'll free him from 'detention'?" I question getting him to lean back on his chair.

"Sure thing." he smirks.

"Then would you mind giving us a few minutes to prepare?" I accept the challenge.

"Go ahead." his eyes twinkle with amusement.

Looking over to Maki and Naya, I motion for them to follow me as I then begin heading outside of class. Once they leave, Maki closes the door before we three face each other.

"Sorry for getting us all in trouble." I apologize.

"No, it's my fault for laughing." Maki sighs devastatingly.

"It wouldn't be if I didn't back talk to him.

"What should we do?" Naya wonders in her quiet voice.

"Do you two possibly know a song which both of you know very well and can sing to it?" I ask getting them to look at each other before nodding.

"Ya, we always sing 'Imagination Forest' which Naya and her mother created when we were small." Maki answers getting the petite girl to blush, "But we don't have any background music to it, only the lyric melody."

"Let's head over to the music room, and hear it." I suggest getting them to nod before we head off to one off to the many music rooms.

Finding an empty one, I sit down while waiting for them to begin singing. Looking at each other, they begin singing together. My ears catch every single note and lyric they sing before they stop, getting me to be in a deep thought.

"Listening to the melody for now, and seeing how cramp our time is. It's better for us to go acoustic. I suggest guitar for now." I mumble but they still heard it clearly, "If it's okay, leave the background melody to me. Both of you can sing."

"You sure you don't need help?" Maki asks while I stand up waving him off.

"No, it's fine. I already got one in my head." I reassure before snatching a guitar from the group of instruments. 

Sitting back down, I play a few strums to see if the guitar was in tune. Fixing it a bit, I begin playing the music in my head without any hesitation. 

When I was done, I sigh, "For now, I can only create this much, but it should be enough. Is it okay for you two to stop there?"

Hearing no reply, I look up to both of their shocked faces as their eyes were open wide.

"Umm..." I place my lips tightly together.

"How did you do that?" Maki asks more of a whisper.

"Lots of practice." I sigh remembering the torturing days, "Anyways, is this okay?"

Naya nods her head vigorously before stopping showing her excitement which gets me to smile. Minutes pass as we all discuss any small things to add or change to the lyrics and it's melody, and soon, in just 10 minutes we were done.

"Let's head back to class, and show Mr Sassy Pants what we got." I smirk standing up.

"Aren't you afraid of getting in trouble?" Maki asks wondering about the nickname I just gave out.

I shrug, "Not really. I've gotten in trouble many times before that I'm used to it."

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow before Naya suddenly hugs me. Since she was quite petite, her head snuggles to my breast as her hands wrap around my stomach shaking.

I just wanna bring her back home now.

"Thank you." she whispers getting me to question this and look over to Maki.

He just shakes his head getting me to know that I shouldn't ask and I don't.

Everyone has a past that they don't want others to know.

Just like me.

~~~~~

Heading back to class, we all take a deep breathe before opening up the door to the classroom. Heads turn our way as we enter inside with Mr Hendricks showing eyes of amusement.

"Are you done?" he asks getting a nod from me.

"Yup." I simple reply getting him to gesture us to the class.

"Well, show us what you, Chorus Choir people got." 

Taking up a chair, I sit on it as we face Mr Hedricks and the class. Naya and Maki stay standing up as the best posture for singing is a straight back. They both exhale deeply before letting it out. Looking over to me, they nod getting me to smile and begin playing the simple chords.

> Souzou Forest / Imagination Forest - Kagerou Project ( Short Duet Sae + ShounenT ) <

natsukaze ga NOKKU suru mado o akete miru to
doko kara ka mayoikonda tori no koe

yomikake no hon wo oki 
"doko kara kita n dai" to warau
mekakushi shita mama no gogo sanji desu

sekai wa angai SHINPURU de 
fukuzatsu ni kaiki shita watashi nante
dare ni rikai mo sarenai mama

machihazure, mori no naka, hitome ni tsukanai kono ie o 

otozureru hito nado inai wake de. 

That's when Naya voice's suddenly slowly break down as she seemed to be ready to cry.

me o awasenaide!
katamatta kokoro, hitoribocchi de akiramete 
me ni utsutta mono ni ando suru hibi wa
monogatari no naka de shika shiranai sekai ni sukoshi akogareru
koto kurai yurushite kuremasu ka?

But, Maki takes her hand sneakily without anyone noticing, calming her.

tantan to nagaredashita
umarete shimatta rifujin demo 

angai jinsei nante. watashi no naka ja.

nee nee, toppi na mirai o 
souzou shite fukuramu sekai wa kyou ka ashita demo
NOKKU shite kurenai desu ka?

nante mousou nanka shite
soto o nagamete iru to 

totsuzen ni kikoete kita no wa shaberigoe   

When we were done, I stand up and stand beside Naya before also taking her free hand without others noticing.

Looking over to a serious looking Mr Hendricks, "So, what do you think?"

With that, his eyes of defeat were clearly shown while he looks at my taunting smirk, "It seems like you guys weren't all talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.5K 9
Beatrix, villainess and social butterfly, gains the memories of a girl of another world. Unsatisfied with her fate, she plans a scheme to overthrow i...
30.4K 1.4K 29
Luca Apollo Romano is a 17-year-old pessimistic asshole and student at Crestview High. He doesn't believe in happiness or hope, well not since his pa...
174K 8.2K 54
You're a boxer, an amazing boxer. You've only been knocked out once in your entire career. When you're not in the boxing ring you're just a senior in...
277 6 12
Melody had been riding horses her whole life. Everything she did revolved around her horse Reine. Being only in junior high she had been able to achi...