Sibuna Sacrifice // House of...

By PumpkynMonster

Sibuna thought the mysteries would stop when they reached college, but when is a mystery really over? New stu... More

small explanation
i || house of college
ii || house of classes
iii || house of watches
iv || house of fire
v || house of reuniting
vi || house of misplace
vii || house of plans
viii || house of lies
ix || house of collapse
x || house of theft
xi || house of journeys
xii || house of trouble
xiii || house of progress
xiv || house of night missions
xv || house of recruiting
xvi || house of decipher
xvii || house of fake
xviii || house of spies
xix || house of questions
xx || house of requests
xxi || house of sepulchre
xxii || house of decorating
xxiii || house of lizards
a/n (important)
a/n (what i've changed)
xxiv || house of ropes
xxv || house of chasm
xxvi || house of nightmares
xxvii || house of traps
xxviii || house of disruptions
xxix || house of combinations
xxx || house of euler's constant
xxxi || house of arguments
xxxii || house of excuses
xxxiii || house of history
xxxiv || house of release
xxxv || house of advancing
xxxvi || house of friendship
xxxvii || house of invites
xxxviii || house of books
xxxix || house of curiosity
xl || house of sacrifice
xli || house of discovery
xliii || house of alternate endings

xlii || house of endings

724 15 400
By PumpkynMonster

Joy and Jerome both entered the Frobisher Library to see books scattered and thrown over the place, making it an absolute mess and almost impossible to walk around.

"Okay, I haven't been in here for years, but I'm pretty sure it never looked like this," Jerome stated, kicking a book out of his way.

"I was here a few days back and it didn't look like this. Vincent must have been in here looking for the book," Joy mumbled, as she scanned the library left to right with her eyes, "The question is, did he find it?"

"Maybe we should go back and check the house, before checking somewhere where the piece may not be," Jerome suggested.

Joy paused for a moment, thinking about what to do and where to check, "Uh, I'll call Fabian and see what his preference is."

Jerome nodded, while Joy pulled her phone out of her pocket and called Fabian.

****

Both Eddie and Fabian strolled around the school in search of something that matched the riddle. It was empty because it was 24th December and they weren't running classes so soon to Christmas.

"Hey, Joy," Fabian answered the phone, "Everything okay?"

"The library has been trashed. We are thinking that Vincent has been here and he may have found the Ankh Cross piece. Do you want us to still check here, or go back to the house and check through Vincent's belongings?"

Fabian paused briefly to think, "Go back to the house, Vincent isn't there," he then paused again, as he caught a glimpse of Vincent wandering the corridor, "because he's here!" he added in a rushed and panicked tone. He then ended the call and pulled Eddie against the wall.

"Ow, Dude!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Vincent. There. Corridor!" Fabian exclaimed in a nonfunctional sentence.

"Crap!" Eddie cussed under his breath, "Okay, quickly, hide," he then pushed Fabian through the door which led into the girls' bathroom, which, conveniently, they were standing right by.

Fabian exhaled, "Uh, Eddie, this is the girls' bathroom."

"Exactly," Eddie began, as he pulled himself up upon where the sinks sat, "No one else, but Vincent, is in this school, and I highly doubt he will come in the girls' bathroom."

Fabian nodded, "Okay. Good thinking," he then huffed and leant against the wall. "Wait! What is that?" he pointed toward the tile which the peeping hole was behind.

On the edge of the tile, there was a small corner of brown paper sticking out. Eddie looked behind him. He then carefully plied the tile open with his nails.

"There's a piece of paper rolled up in here," Eddie stated, before pulling it out. He then unrolled it and began to read the writing on it, "Ankh Cross piece - below the cross."

"What?" Fabian asked.

"The riddle," Eddie stated, "The hole. See all. It's this."

"Yes!" Fabian exclaimed, "So, below the cross? That's back down the chasm?"

"Well, I doubt it's in the school. Let's get out of here."

****

Jerome looked through Vincent's desk in his office, while Joy looked through other cabinets and concealable spaces.

On one of the cabinets that Joy was looking at was a padlock. A padlock with 4 digits, "Hey, Jerome? Do you think this will have anything in?"

Jerome glanced over at her, and analysed the size of the cabinet, "Probably," he then walked over to her grabbed hold of the lock, "Any ideas?"

Joy paused for a moment to think. She then took the lock off of Jerome and inputted the digits '5772', the same digits that opened the lock in the chasm. She then pulled down on the padlock and it opened.

Jerome's jaw fell, "How did you-? What's the code?"

"5772. It's the first 4 decimal points of Euler's Constant," she smiled, enjoying the power of being correct and leaving Jerome shocked.

"Wow... well... okay," Jerome nodded, "Uh, should we look inside then?"

Joy laughed a little at Jerome, before responding, "Yeah," she then opened the cabinet to reveal both the Ankh Cross piece that he had sitting there.

"Well that was... easier than expected."

"Thanks to me and my great knowledge of combinations," Joy chuckled.

"Okay, why don't you quit the gloating act and let Fabian know we have it," Jerome suggested, raising his eyebrows.

****

Fabian and Eddie both ran into Jerome's bedroom upon getting back to the house. In the room, both Joy and Jerome were sitting there, chatting.

"Where are they?" Fabian asked, referring to the Ankh Cross pieces.

"Under Jerome's bed," Joy told him, "They are safe."

"Good," Fabian nodded, "We think we know where the final one might be. We will get it first thing in the morning."

****

Vincent walked into his office, after arriving back at the house late last night. He found nothing when scouting the school grounds.

Upon walking into his office, he walked over to his cabinet, where he was keeping the Ankh Cross pieces hidden.

"No! NO!" he yelled, after seeing the pieces were missing.

****

In the morning, after breakfast, Sibuna travelled down the chasm with the three pieces of Ankh Cross they had.

"You said you knew where the final piece was," Joy stated.

Fabian nodded. He then walked over to the cross engraving and analysed it. He dropped his eye contact down to below it, following what the piece of paper said. He then noticed a small rectangular engraving.

Slowly, he walked towards it and pulled on it, revealing a small, stone draw. Inside this draw sat the final Ankh Cross piece.

Sibuna now had all four pieces.

"Let's do this," Eddie stated.

Fabian nodded, he then placed all four of the pieces into the engraving, then stood back.

All four of them had their eyes glued to the cross, as they stood there waiting.

A few seconds later, the wall shifted to the left, opening and revealing a new room. All that was in this room was a stone pedestal. On this pedestal sat the ring. Victor's ring. The ring containing the tears of gold.

Immediately, Fabian walked up to it and grasped hold of it. All four of them then turned around to leave. They stopped, faced with Nina.

"Nina?" Fabian asked.

"Fabian," Nina smiled warmly, "I don't know how I got back to Anubis House, but I saw Victor, except Mara called him Vincent... that was a little odd. Anyway, I came down to the tunnels for memories. Then, I heard your voice."

Fabian's hands began to shake, "You're... you're back?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "Sorry I didn't come back last year."

Fabian turned around and looked at Joy, Eddie and Jerome. Eddie looked a little confused, but also panicked.

Nina dropped her vision down to the ring in Fabian's hands, "I know that ring," she stated, "I gave it to Victor years ago. Can I see it?" she held out her hand and took a few steps towards Fabian.

"Fabian, don't!" Eddie told him, raising his voice, "Please. We need that for Patricia."

"Patricia?" Nina asked, "Where is she? Is she behaving?" she chuckled a little.

"Dude, come on, it's only Nina," Fabian stated.

Eddie took a few steps towards Fabian, "You know what we have been faced with since Nina came back. She's working with Vincent, Fabian. You know this. Please, please, don't give her the ring."

"Who is Vincent?" Nina asked, "First, Mara spoke about a Vincent, now you."

"Fun little act you've got there, Nina," Eddie marched right up to her, "But we aren't buying it, and you're not getting that ring!"

"Eddie, I have no clue what you're talking about."

Eddie ignored Nina and just turned back around to face Fabian, "She's still evil, Dude."

Fabian glared at him, before walking up to join him and Nina, "She isn't!" Fabian hissed. He then looked down at the ring that sat in his hand, "And I'll prove it," he added, before handing the ring to Nina.

Joy, Eddie and Jerome all froze and looked to Nina.

"Oh, Fabian," Nina laughed, "It's cute that you thought I was on your side," she then ran and began to climb back up the chasm as quickly as possible.

Eddie threw his head up and looked at the ceiling in frustration. He then gritted his teeth and whacked the wall with this fist, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, FABIAN?!"

Fabian just looked to the floor, "I'm sorry, Eddie. I guess I just wanted to believe her more than I actually did believe her."

"Look, she hasn't added it to the mixture yet," Joy stepped in, "There's still enough time to stop her."

****

Both Vincent and Mr. Sweet were outside setting up Christmas themed stands for the street party they were having.

Vincent evil smiled, as he set up a gazebo, "I'll take control of what's under here, Eric," he stated.

"Yes, of course, Vincent," Mr. Sweet smiled. He then walked away and greeted some parents. Family and friends of the students were arriving every minute. With every new person that arrived, the elixir would grow stronger.

Mrs. Miller walked over to Vincent. In her hand was the watch. She then handed it to Vincent.

"Is Ra's blood in here?" Vincent took it out of Mrs. Miller hand.

She nodded, "Then after we've added that, all that's left is the main ingredient."

Vincent smiled, before opening the hatch on the watch and pouring in Ra's blood. The elixir bubbled slightly while making fizzing sounds.

"So, the Chosen One adds the tears of gold, then her and everyone within 100 square meters is sacrificed?" Mrs. Miller checked.

"Everyone expect the people with their hands on the beaker containing the elixir. That will be us."

Nina rushed up to the both of them, Victor's ring in her hand, "I have it!" she exclaimed, handing the ring to Vincent.

Vincent stroked the ring, he then opened it to reveal the tears of gold, "Let's give it a bit," he stated, "Not everyone is here yet. We wouldn't want them to miss out."

A few minutes later, Joy, Eddie, Fabian and Jerome ran up to Nina, Mrs. Miller and Vincent.

"Nina, please," Eddie begged her, "Please, just give me the ring."

"Why would I help you out, Eddie?" Nina scoffed, "So you can save your little girlfriend? Yes, I know about that. I know how you let her go. Let her sacrifice herself. Not exactly the best boyfriend, are you?"

Eddie glared at her and clenched his fists, "GIVE ME THE RING NOW, NINA!"

"In a minute, you'll be able to join Patricia, don't worry, Eddie," Nina smiled, "In fact, all of you will be able to join her," she looked to the others in turn.

"Nina," Fabian spoke softly and calmly, "Look into your heart, please. You know that adding that is the wrong thing to do, so please don't."

Nina just scoffed at Fabian's attempt. She then turned to Vincent, who handed her the ring.

"Add the final ingredient, Chosen One," he whispered. Then, both he and Mrs. Miller placed a hand upon the beaker.

Slowly, Nina opened the ring up and looked down at the tears of gold that sat inside.

"Nina, don't do this. You know what will happen. Do you want that?" Fabian continued to try and reason with her. Nina just ignored him. "All these people, everyone here, including you, will be sacrificed."

Still, Nina took no notice of him.

"Nina! Snap out of this curse! See the truth. Add this, and everyone will be obliterated and Vincent and my mom with have an elixir," Eddie tried.

"Nina, do you remember everything that we went through, not just you and I, but Sibuna, everything?" Fabian placed his hand upon Nina's arm.

Aggressively, Nina shook him off.

Eddie breathed heavily, before changing tactics, "Mom," he looked her in the eyes, "Why are you doing this?"

"This is not negotiable, Edison," she stated.

"Not negotiable?" Eddie scoffed, "Please, mom, listen. Don't you see what will happen to me if Nina adds these tears of gold?"

Nina's hand and the ring slowly got slower to the beaker. She then began to tip the ring.

In a state of panic, Joy snatched the beaker off the table, "You can't do anything if you don't have the other ingredients. I will smash this!"

"Oh, Miss Mercer," Vincent chuckled, "You can't drop that."

"Why?" Joy interrogated.

"Ra's blood is in there, Miss Mercer.  That is one of the most powerful substances in the world. You smash that, and you'll die."

Joy gulped. She then turned to face Jerome, Eddie and Fabian, "I'm sorry," she stated in a whisper. Then, with one deep breath, she released the grip of the beaker and let it fall to the ground.

Immediately, orange sparks flew up from the ground and then flew straight into her heart. With that, Joy fell to the ground.

"JOY!" Jerome yelled, falling by her side. He then pulled up her arm and check her pulse. There wasn't one.

Nina's eyes were glued to Joy. A tear then slowly rolled down her cheek. A split second later, she fell, too. The ring fell out of her hands and onto the table, the tears of gold still securely inside.

Quickly, Eddie picked up the ring.

"I knew you'd do it!" Nina exclaimed after Fabian and Joy freed her from underneath the sennet game.

"I wouldn't have done anything if it wasn't for Joy. She's been amazing," Fabian told her, looking over to Joy who smiled.

"Joy," Nina stated.

"She's been helping me," Fabian admitted to her.

Nina smiled a little, "Thanks, Joy. I owe you one."

"It's okay," Joy shrugged, "Guess we're sort of even now."

A few seconds later, A yellow glow surrounded Nina's body. This light blinded everyone who was nearby. The light then sparked around her. Nina smiled through her unconscious stated. Then, a split second later, she regained consciousness.

She then ran over to Joy and joined, Jerome, Eddie and Fabian who were by her side, "Joy!"

"NO!" Mrs. Miller yelled.

Sibuna all looked up to her, "W-What's happened?" Eddie asked weakly.

"The curse has broken," Vincent spoke for Mrs. Miller, "Her friend sacrificing herself must have had the power she needed to break the curse."

"Nina," Fabian whispered.

"Fabian," Nina breathed out, "Oh, my God, Fabian," she then fell into Fabian's arm and hugged him.

Jerome's eyes were still glued to Joy, who lay, lifeless, on the ground.

"She saved us all," Eddie whispered, as he wiped a tear away.

Jerome, then slowly climbed back onto his feet, "I, uh, I'm going inside... yeah."

Eddie and Fabian both looked to him. Both of them thought about following him but figured that he needed some time alone, after witnessing what just happened to Joy.

Nina, Eddie and Fabian then also climbed to their feet.

Fabian wiped a tear out of his eye, he then turned to Vincent, "How could you do this?"

Eddie looked down to the ground in sadness, he then caught a glimpse of the ring that sat in his hand and remembered all about Patricia. He then tapped Fabian on the shoulder in a hurried matter, "Dude - Patricia."

Fabian weakly nodded, before both of them ran to the student lounge.

Eddie skidded in front of the Frobisher shield. He then quickly moved the stand to a side. Fabian finally caught up with him, so helped him move it.

Eddie then quickly pulled the lever back and impatiently tapped his fingers against his leg while he waited for it to open.

A few seconds later, a small rumble was let out and the passageway was revealed.

Eddie didn't care about the unstable staircase, he just ran down, then ran over to Patricia and fell beside her. A few seconds later, Fabian joined him.

"Okay," Eddie spoke, breathing heavily, "So, we just pour it into her mouth?"

Fabian nodded slowly.

Eddie took a deep breath, before opening the ring and pouring the tears of gold into Patricia's mouth.

For a few seconds, nothing happened. Then, there was suddenly a blinding light, that caused both Eddie and Fabian to shield their eyes.

After the light dimmed down, Patricia's eyes slowly opened. She flicked them left and right, looking at her surroundings, "Eddie..." she mumbled.

"Patricia!" Eddie sighed in relief, "Oh, my God. You're okay, you're okay."

"You saved me?" Patricia asked, sitting up and now looking to both Eddie and Fabian.

"Of course," Eddie smiled.

"You took one for the team, Patricia," Fabian started to speak gratefully, "You really helped Sibuna."

"Hey, where's Joy?" Patricia asked, noticing that she was the only Sibuna member not there.

"Patricia..." Eddie mumbled, his words suddenly turned weak. He then glanced over to Fabian, whose eyes had already started to fill with tears at the mention of Joy's name, "S- She- She sacrificed herself to save everyone. She's gone. I'm so sorry."

"She what?" Every emotion of Patricia's suddenly dropped. Tears then started to fall, she didn't even care about trying to stop them, just fell into Eddie's arms, hugging him tightly. Eddie hugged back.

****

Although the street party was a fail in both Vincent and Mrs. Miller's eyes, Mr. Sweet knew nothing about their little plan, so the Christmas celebrations went ahead.

Eddie walked up to Patricia, who sat on a bench, her eyes fixated on the ground due to sadness over Joy. "Let's dance - take your mind off things."

"I'm not in the mood, Eddie," Patricia mumbled, "Go dance with someone else."

"You know that you're the one person I want to dance with, Yacker," Eddie smiled at her. Patricia forced a small smiled back.

****

Lavender sat down on a bench, watching everyone party and celebrate Christmas. She, however, wasn't celebrating. She was furious, furious at the fact the elixir was destroyed and the tears of gold were used.

****

Mara walked out of her room, oblivious to everything that just happened outside. She then noticed Jerome sitting in the living room, his head buried in his hands.

"Hey, Jerome, are you okay?" she walked over to him.

Slowly, Jerome lifted his head up and wiped away some tears, "She promised me that she'd be safe if she joined Sibuna. She promised."

Mara, confused, sat down beside him, "What happened?"

"J-J-Joy, she, uh, she sacrificed herself," Jerome barely managed to get the sentence out.

Mara's eyes immediately started to fill with tears, "How? How could this happen?"

"She did it selflessly," Jerome stated, as he breathed slowly and at a consistent pace, "She saved everyone by doing it."

****

Both Nina and Fabian stood in the middle of the street party.

"I'm glad you're back," Fabian told her.

"I've been back for ages," Nina stated.

"I know," Fabian spoke, "But now you're not cursed," he clarified.

Nina smiled at him.

"You're never leaving again, right?" Fabian asked.

"Never," Nina smiled, before leaning in closer towards him. Fabian leant in, too. Both of them then interlocked lips and kissed.

****

Patricia and Eddie were both stood up in the middle of the street party.

"Merry Christmas, Eddie," Patricia whispered in a sad tone.

Eddie sorrowfully smiled at her, as he watched her eyes filling with tears again. He then tightly hugged her, "Merry Christmas, Patricia."

THE END.

****

[Uh, yeah, so that wasn't exactly the happy ending everyone was probably expecting. I'm sorry. But, hey, I finished this by when I said I would. (It's still April in England, okay?) No-one thought I'd be able to do that, did they?

Anyway. I have a season 5 planned, but I'm not sure when I will be publishing it, probably not anytime soon.

I'm not even going to both asking if you liked the ending, because I'm pretty sure I already know the answer. Just know that I do love Joy, and feel guilty for what I did.

Any unanswered questions, or just general questions about the book? Leave them here.

Thank you for everyone who read this book, whether you voted and/or commented, or were just a silent reader, it means a lot. Thank you.

Small shoutout to three amazing people who have voted and commented loads and have stuck with me through the book's stupidity and shit writing. Love you three! voidsibunas SibunasAtHogwarts MendesRealm

So yeah, this book is now finished with 42 chapters and 91787 words.

Thank you very much, and I'll see you later. Bye!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 6.9K 87
"Too much mystery is merely an annoyance. Too much adventure is exhausting. And a little terror goes a long way." ***** Once Amelia Edwards moves ba...
3.6K 105 6
Fabian's twin sister has finally joined House of Anubis, and she's caught the attention of all her house mates. Particularly, Jerome Clarke. A Jerom...
11.4K 517 100
After finding out about her father and the secrets Mara and Jerome had been keeping from her, Poppy calls in reinforcements. Meanwhile the Sibunas ra...
207K 7.4K 91
❝hidden in this book of old, water of life and tears of gold.❞ Another year has begun at Anubis House, and Ashley Adams is back with it. After what...