Cold Feet (COMPLETED)

By ANNwithnoE

Three years ago, Andrea "Dei" Mendoza is stricken with wedding jitters and backs out of her wedding to Richar... More

Prologue
Damask Rose
Peony
Morning Glory
Lavender
Jonquil
Begonia
Daffodil
Yellow Rose
Yellow Carnation
Celandine
Call for Help
Update
Balsam
Jasmine
Lime Blossom
Iris
Aloe
Arum
False Reality
Columbine
Eglantine Rose
Anemone
Anemone 2.0
Rainflower
Clove
Ambrosia
Purple Carnation
Protea
Geranium
Hibiscus
Snowdrop
White Tulip
Rosemary
Ivy
Ivy 2.0
Tansy
Tansy 2.0
Plumeria
Ylang-Ylang
Green Willow
Thistle
Green Willow 2.0
Lobelia
Lotus
Basil
Bluebell
Motherwort
Red Rose
Red Rose 2.0
Heather
Statice
Aster
White Rose
Striped Carnation
Anthurium
Girl Friday
Honeysuckle
Betony
Hazel
Alyssum
Oregano
Epilogue

Yellow Tulip

6.5K 461 36
By ANNwithnoE

Happy times my friends! Last night was wonderful for ADN, because we were able to get a glimpse of how tight the bonds already were, between Maine and Alden's families. The gathering and their interaction swept away all doubts as to the closeness of their families and more importantly, of Alden and Maine.

When you love someone, the love is unselfish and manifested towards the loved one, instead of one's own needs. Both parents of Maine and Alden set aside their precious time to get together on special gatherings for the fans, even if the fans are not theirs. Alden and Maine attend these events even though they'd be better off resting from their busy schedules. But you see, they do this out of love for their craft, for their fans.

For ficDei and ficRichard, all the pain and siffering is forgotten, out of love for each other. There is no room for bitterness and accusations, or blaming for time wasted, because for them, the important thing is they are now on the mend. and life is suddenly back on track. 

Please read on and see how the story behind their separation three years ago continues to unfold. Thank toy for all the wonderful comments my dears, I truly feel the love and your appreciation for what I've written in the comments you leave after reading. Enjoy :)  

Mike came by Dei's room the morning after she was admitted. He discussed the results of her tests as Richard listened. Knowing how Richard was sensitive to Mike's presence, Dei pulled him to her side, linking her arm through his.

"No inflammation found in any of your internal organs, Dei. You have UTI though, I'll give you an antibiotic for that, but you should drink more fluids, around three liters a day to keep your kidneys functioning. You need to workout too, get into a fitness program to avoid build=up of inflammation in your joints."

"Thanks Mike."

"It looks like the worst is over Dei, I'm going to sign your discharge papers, you can go home today. Let's just finish up the contents of your IV drip then you'll be discharged."

"Wonderful."

"Come back for a check-up a week from now, Dei." He nodded solemnly at Richard. "Ok that's all, I guess."

Richard hugged Dei, thankful that she was out of danger. He was so scared of the rashes he saw on her face last night, and how weak she seemed with pain from her joints.

"Jay?"

"Yes, babe?"

"Are we ok now? I mean, you and me......what are we?"

He pressed a kiss to her temple, his lips lingering. "Dei, yes of course we're ok. I am content with that for now. What's more important is for you to be 100% recovered. When we get out of here, we'll talk about whatever there is that we need to discuss."

-----

He took Dei home to her condo and ordered for pizza delivery. Dei took a shower and changed into a matching spaghetti strapped top and loose shorts. She surveyed herself in the mirror and noted how the rashes faded almost completely. She turned on the aircon and lay down on the bed, wondering what was going to happen to her and Richard. Just last week he said he didn't care what happened to her, and that admission crushed her.

Was her punishment enough? Was happiness finally due her? After three years of lonely and sleepless nights, not once did she ever feel any bitterness for Richard's refusal to talk to her. She understood his reaction, coming from his bad experiences with Shane and later with her. Her mind then and now was focused on winning him back, on coming to terms with her own demons so she could come back to him as a stronger version of herself.

He stepped out of the bathroom finding her deep in thought. After toweling himself dry completely, he walked over to the other side of the bed.

"May I?" He asked, gesturing to ask permission to lie down on the bed beside her.

It was awkward, the way both of them were lying on their backs, staring at the ceiling. Then both their hands slid to intertwine, in perfect synchronicity.

"I'm sorry." He said in a solemn voice. No embellishments, no excuses. He knew he made it hard for her, he took away three years of happiness from her life by refusing to listen and hear her out.

"If I could take back all the pain, the time wasted—" He finally broke down and cried, pulling her closer and burying his face on shoulder. It was a paradox that Dei was comforting him as he clung to her, realizing how close he had been to losing her for good. The embrace was a balm to Dei's heart, the moment she was waiting for, to finally claim him back.

Her hands held his face up and she kissed him all over his face, his jawline and neck, her thumbs gently wiping off his tears, tracing the outline of his mouth before she lowers her lips to meet his.

His lips molded perfectly against hers, he gently nibbled on her lower lip, a hand cradling her nape to pull her closer. Their legs entwined, bodies rubbing against each other, they attempt to fill in the hunger of being apart for three years.

They gently pulled apart for air, hearts beating wildly. He pulls her closely and kisses the top of her head, while their hands meet and fingers intertwine.

"Tell me what happened, Dei. Tell me everything."

-----

March 2014

Dei woke up with pain in her joints and a slight fever. She felt the onset of flu symptoms but she didn't care, her happiness was unfazed. She was going home today with Richard, and they had reconciled beautifully. She couldn't ask for more, it was a good thing Richard loved her enough to follow her here and convince her to go back with him.

He called her, sounding impatient and excited to have her with him.

"Baby, where are you?"

"I'm still in my flat, no worries sweetie. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Can't wait to be with you baby."

"Same here, Jay. Now let me finish an email and then I'm off. I love you."

"I love you too. Hurry up."

With a laugh, he hang up. She sent an email to a client, leaving her contact details for future communications. She quickly wheeled her two bags out of the flat and waited for the cab she called. The cab arrived in a few minutes, the driver quickly loading bags and driving off towards the airport. In her haste to leave, she left her mobile phone, unable to call Richard and tell him she was on her way.

She felt weary, and there was pain in the joints of her arms, as though her arms were being pulledout of the sockets. She noticed a rash developing in her arms, and wondered what she had eaten that brought it on. As she checked her image on the rear view mirror, she was alarmed to note that her face had rashes too, and the rashes were painful to touch.

There was a bit of traffic on the way, her twenty minutes travel became forty. By the time she arrived at the airport, it was almost boarding time. She quickly proceeded to check-in, but was hindered from checking in properly. An airport official approached her to take her out of the queue.

"Miss Mendoza? I'm sorry but please follow me. Your luggage will be kept safe by the airline."

She was escorted away from the line and towards an isolated wing of the airport. Her heart was beating fast, and for the nth time, she cursed at herself for leaving her mobile phone at home.

"Sir, what have I done, where are you taking me?"

"Ma'am, you seem to have contracted a disease and we have to determine if it is safe for you to travel. We also need to know if it is contagious."

"But this is just an allergy from something I probably ate. Please let me go, I'll miss my flight. My fiance is waiting for me."

"Sorry ma'am but this is for your own good as well."

"Can we at least page my fiance? So that he can wait for me?"

"We can do that after you have been checked by our doctor."

"But you don't understand! It's boarding time already, he might have boarded the plane."

She was panicking and her strength seemed to wane. The officer left her in the room as she impatiently waited. She asked to borrow a phone but was not allowed. She started to get emotional and argued her case, until her vision suddenly blurred and she lost consciousness.

She woke up in a hospital room, with Andrew and Linh looking after her. Richard left Vietnam without her, without a call or last word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 23.5K 62
In an alternate universe, Alvin Foster and Danica Ursula Bello comprise ALDUB, a phenomenal love team made popular by chance. But that's not what thi...
77.1K 4.4K 46
"One comes from a nasty break up. and isolated herself from the real world." "One who wants to get his share of the family's fortune, and he has to o...
5.6K 582 36
# 1 in Destiny series __________________ "Who do you think you're? she asked "Rishte main toh hum apke shohar lagte hain" I replied ...
3.7K 55 1
Title: Wish I May (MaiDen One-Shot) Story and written by: k3luvsclois aka k3josai Pairing: Maine Mendoza and Alden Richards/Richard Faulkerson, Jr. (...