Cold Feet (COMPLETED)

Από ANNwithnoE

Three years ago, Andrea "Dei" Mendoza is stricken with wedding jitters and backs out of her wedding to Richar... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Damask Rose
Peony
Morning Glory
Lavender
Jonquil
Begonia
Daffodil
Yellow Rose
Yellow Carnation
Celandine
Call for Help
Update
Balsam
Jasmine
Lime Blossom
Iris
Aloe
Arum
False Reality
Columbine
Eglantine Rose
Anemone
Anemone 2.0
Rainflower
Clove
Ambrosia
Purple Carnation
Protea
Geranium
Hibiscus
White Tulip
Rosemary
Ivy
Ivy 2.0
Yellow Tulip
Tansy
Tansy 2.0
Plumeria
Ylang-Ylang
Green Willow
Thistle
Green Willow 2.0
Lobelia
Lotus
Basil
Bluebell
Motherwort
Red Rose
Red Rose 2.0
Heather
Statice
Aster
White Rose
Striped Carnation
Anthurium
Girl Friday
Honeysuckle
Betony
Hazel
Alyssum
Oregano
Epilogue

Snowdrop

5.7K 537 96
Από ANNwithnoE

As requested, and because I never can say no if nicely asked, here's a second update today. Sorry for not editing, as always, I'm in the middle of weekend work, but I also wanted to get the story out of my systems so I just had to get it here on wattpad.

I hope you will like this chapter as much as the previous two, for which I noticed a lot of reads and comments. Yay!!! Thank you for all that, I hope I can sustain your enthusiasm and interest for the next chapters.  Exciting days ahead my dears, let's see how our AU couple will face each other now that they are within the same vicinity.

By the way, thanks to those who've read my drabbles in AMACon4, thank you for the nice comments. For those who haven't read them yet, you can read them here:  https://www.wattpad.com/400064921-amacon-4-serendipitous-drabbles-false-reality-the 

Enjoy beshies :)

Richard stared at Dei's sleeping form, undecided if he would wake her up or not. She was still wearing the black dress she had on earlier, her slim legs showing where the slit opened. The vee neckline of her dress slid lower to her right side, showing the swell of her left breast.

She hiccupped, calling his attention to the tracks of her already dried tears. Still asleep, she raises his shirt against her right cheek, snuggling to it comfortably. Unable to help himself, Noticing the goosebumps on her arm, Richard takes a blanket and drapes it over her.

He looks back on that day he left Vietnam without her, heartbroken. He still wonders what happened, but he had to admit he was afraid to find out the truth for several reasons. He was afraid to find out he was wrong all this time, for accusing her of having cold feet on him once again, only to find out there really was a logical explanation for her not making it. He was also afraid of the possibility that she did decide to stay in Vietnam, after those three days they spent together. Either way, he felt he wasn't ready for the truth, he had so many issues within him that he needed to sort.

And now she's back, wanting to work with him. What was her agenda? She never expressed wanting to get back with him and that kind of hurt. All she said was she wanted to work with him, that they were good working together. Really, Dei? Just for work?

It was too tempting and he cursed himself for being so weak. He slid beside her on the bed, remembering the nights they spent here together, full of happy dreams. She moved to face him, as though feeling his presence and snuggled against him, He felt himself getting a hard-on really fast, her thigh pressed in between his.

What now, Richard? You try put on a veneer of aloofness in front of her, but you turn to mush the moment she's within touching distance. Her lips pressed against his neck, his fists clenched trying to hold back from touching her.

He falls asleep pretty soon, but awakens after two hours. She's lying on her back this time, making it easy for him to get off the bed and make a quiet exit. He looks at her one last time, bends down to plant a lingering kiss on her bare arm. He locks up, making sure she is safe.

-----

Dei awakens disoriented, unsure of where she was. And then she remembers, she drove to Arcadia last night and fell asleep in this bedroom. She came to reminisce over happy times, of how they planned and purchased furniture and décor for this house together. She remembered heated nights making love, when she set aside her inhibitions and gave him everything she had.

She found a discarded shirt on the armchair and hugged it close, smelling his essence on it. She fell asleep, dreaming that he was here with her, and she was snuggled against him, her lips pressing kisses against his neck.

Why did it seem so real? She felt him, in her semi-conscious state she felt someone slide into this same bed beside her, and instinctively, she moved to snuggle closer to him. It then hit her, someone draped a blanket over her. There was no blanket on the bed when she came.

She got up and washed her face, gargled some mouthwash and made the bed. She locked up and got into the Impreza. She was going home to get dressed, and meet with someone who could help her get that job with Richard. This was her only chance to get in, and she would pull all stops not to waste this chance.

-----

Richard got to the office for the usual 9:00 internal alignment meetings held every Monday. It was a meeting that usually involved the department heads who reported on each of their team's developments, but without the formality of a corporate setup that Richard deplored. He liked his internal meetings to be more laid-back without the stiffness of the usual office meetings. It was also a time to bond with the department heads over breakfast served in the conference room.

This time though, he noticed that breakfast was served only for four instead of the usual eight settings. He poured himself a cup of coffee and sat at the head of the table, reviewing his email.

Shortly after, Harvey and Calvin came in, both looking solemnly at Richard. He eyed them curiously, clueless with what was going on.

"Hey Cal, Harv. What's going on? Aren't we having an alignment meeting today?"

"You probably forgot, RJ. The staff are having their annual physical check-ups today."

"Oh yeah, right. I totally forgot. But why is there breakfast still served for four? Are we meeting someone today?"

'Richard," Calvin said tentatively, clearing his throat. "Please promise not ot freak out, man."

"Why? What happened?"

"Calvin and I made a decision over hiring and we both know you'll disagree."

Richard felt his ears burning. He knew what they were talking about, and he prayed he was wrong. If what he feared was right, this would upset his balance for the days to come.

"Is this about Dei?"

"Yes it is. RJ, sit down and listen will you?"

"Guys, you could have asked me first. Fuck, I can't believe you'd do this behind my back."

"Calm down and listen to Cal," Harvey said, standing to close the door to give them privacy.

"Richard, we've been searching for the right candidate for over a month. We can't let personal issues get in the way of an opportunity to hire someone totally qualified, and who has capability to augment our business. She's willing to share some of her clients in Vietnam with us."

"And you believed her? We can get clients on our own without her help."

"Yes we can, but why are we going to refuse an offer like that? Look, we both know you and Dei have issues to fix between you two. Sort it out on your own time. She's willing and seems to be mature enough to work with you regardless of the strain your personal relationship went through. Surely you can do the same, RJ?"

"Of course I can be professional, dammit. But I don't like that you couldn't discuss this with me first."

"You already turned her down, what's there to discuss? We had to make a joint decision and it happens that we both agree, she would be a good addition to the company. Sorry RJ, but you should know that this was not personal, if she wasn't qualified, there wouldn't be a discussion."

Richard glared at both of them. He remembered the night he spent at Arcadia, sleeping beside her, smelling her fragrance, her body close to his. He remembered his ambivalence, of being torn between wanting her back and hating her for the pain he went through. He wanted none of the pain. Not again. But it looked like his world suddenly got smaller.

"I suppose she's here then?"

"Yes she is. She's waiting outside."

"Can you imagine the gossip this will cause?"

"What gossip? Dude, nobody in the company knows who she is and what she was to you. This is New Age not Pallas. Only us three know what she is to you exactly. Come on and be a good sport about this, RJ. "

"Fine. Fuck you both. Send her in."

Harvey stood up trying to hide his smile. He passed Calvin and secretly high-fived him, as he walked out to get Dei.

"I saw that you ape," Richard snapped at Calvin.

"This is good for you RJ. Man up and face the music. You know this is something you need to do."

She walked into the conference room with her hair in a sleek pony tail, her shoulders exposed in a haltered top, her slim skirt showing off her slim legs. Their eyes met and her tentative smile gave his heart a dangerous flutter.

He was screwed.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.8M 92.8K 107
Two people afraid of commitment are put together in a work-related assignment to try out the married life for three months. Will this experience chan...
89.3K 2.9K 35
A collection of imagined situations between Alden and Maine off camera. Destiny, serendipity, kismet. A rhyme to a verse and a rhythm to a rhyme. ***...
18.7K 573 57
(Do-Over Series #1) Since then, Siena has been good at obeying her parents' will―may it be from the clothes that she wears up to the man that she sho...
137K 709 3
WARNING R-RATED Disaster-in-Waiting was a dream come true for me. Firstly writing it and then sharing it on here and receiving such a wonderful respo...