Origin of the Fae

By miladyronel

Faerie is the home of all Fae, yet they've managed to infiltrate the Human Realm and make it their home. They... More

Dragons
Faery Hybrids
Magic
Faerie
Galno
Sea Witches
Phoukas
Kelpies
Selkies
Caìt Sìth
Sea Nymphs
Grogochs
Cù Sìth
Elves
Imps
Banshee
Barguest
Domovoi
Red Caps
Gancanagh
Sirens
Brownies
Merrows
Vila
Valkyries
The Furies
The Cailleach
Ankou
Magic Entrances to Faerie
The Faery Queen
Pixies
The Wild Hunt
Leannan Sìth
The Moon
Faery-Hybrid Bats
Faery-Hybrid Monkeys
Raven/Crow Faery-Hybrids
The Grim
Dagda
Duergar
Thin Places and the Other Side
Werehyena
Krampus
Will-o'-the-Wisp
Pegasus
The Fates
Yuki Onna and Tsurara Onna
Faery Trees and Forests
Faery-Hybrid Rabbits
Immortality
Obayifo
Vampires
Ghouls
Werewolves
Kishi
Dullahan
Jengu
Sprites
Yumboes
Sasabonsam
High Fae
Iron and Fae
The Ultimate Warrior - Cian, the Assassin
Keeper of the Veil
Necromancy
Tooth Faeries
Solitary Fae
Season Fae
Paladin
Odin
Morrígan
Ly Erg
Kappa
Half-Mortal
Goblin
Elementals
Dryad
Black Sun
Anubis
The Dark King
Mermaids
Mami Wata
Mountain

Witches, Warlocks (Wizards) and others

120 1 0
By miladyronel

Familiars are usually Caìt Sìth who enjoy spending time in the mortal realm in the company of witches. Other familiars from Faerie include various faery-hybrids: monkeys, bats, rats, ravens, roosters, etc.

As with the Fae, human magic-users are classified under their own gifts as well. Some control fire, some water, some air (wind), some earth, and some even control soul (powers of the mind, powers of others, the dead, etc.). Some even have power over that which dwells within their element of control. Rarely, a witch will have equal power over all elements.

Witches use grimoires to extend their knowledge and power. Some have bonded with Familiars (see the types of Fae above) who advise them. They are also big on rituals, schooling and belonging to groups. Though they view individual witches to be suspicious, that is in no way an indicator of villainy.

Just like any other type of being, witches can be good or evil, old or young, etc.

Only Druids seem to naturally have power over everything.

Certain bloodlines of witches and warlocks have found the power of Runes and thus power like Druids through branding their skin with various Runes; a dangerous and possibly fatal endeavour.

Witches who can siphon magic appear in The Tree along with several other witches and warlocks.

*Thank you for reading. I hope you've found this informative. Don't hesitate to comment and vote. For more, go to my blog Ronel the Mythmaker and learn all you can about these fascinating beings.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349 5 36
In a world where fae and humans live in different realms is a Shifter and Elf. Together they unveil truths about each other and the world. Where is t...
7.2K 334 28
Many hundreds of years ago magic did exist. For Raven she knows all too well about magic, without it, she'd be dead. As a newborn she was touched by...
201 66 18
Celeste lives a somewhat normal life with her mother, minus the bullying about her weird pointed ears. She has no information about her father, and d...
189 24 10
Have you ever wondered what came before us? There are some that feel a connection to nature on a primal level, an innate bond with the earth itself...