Talex Who (Tobin/You)

By MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

16

6.9K 127 28
By MackenzieGrace21

I sigh as I sit at the table across from Tobin as we eat dinner outside of a nice little restaurant close to the hotel.

"You're quiet." Tobin says and I shrug.

"Food's too good to talk." I say before putting more food into my mouth.

"Got you to talk though." Tobin says before taking a drink of her water and I roll my eyes at her as I finish my plate of food.

"Okay, now I'll talk." I say and Tobin smiles her smile.

"Finally." Tobin says and I chuckle.

"It's almost as if you've been stuck in solitary confinement for five years."

"Feels like it." Tobin says and I look around us.

"Babe, this place is packed. We're in New York." I say and Tobin shrugs.

"So? You get so quiet when you eat." Tobin says and I smile, reaching across the table to hold Tobin's hand.

"Aw, baby, you don't like the silence of a nice meal?" I ask and Tobin rolls her eyes before we settle into a nice conversation about just about anything, until someone grabs me from behind. "Tobin!" I say, reaching for her as I'm pulled out of my chair.

-
Tobin
-

As Y/N and I talk about her life before college, I look up when I see a flash of blonde hair and smile when I see it's Abby sneaking up on Y/N, she signals for me to be quiet, so I do and just listen to Y/N as she talks about her dad until Abby grabs Y/N and pulls her away from the table.

"Tobin!" Y/N screams, reaching for me and thrashing in Abby's arms as I get up.

"Abby, put her down." I say and Y/N stops, looking at me with a slack jaw before turning around to look at Abby as she's set on her feet,

"Abby!" Y/N squeals before jumping on Abby and hugging her tight.

"Hey, kid." Abby says, chuckling as Y/N hops back down.

"What are you doing?" Y/N asks and she points over her shoulder to a blonde woman who waves.

"We're getting dinner. You?" Abby asks and I step over and wrap an arm around Y/N's waist, kissing her head as she rests her head on my shoulder. "No way, you guys finally got together?" Abby asks and I nod. "When?"

"When Y/N went to Orlando with Alex. You remember Danielle, right? That bitchy athletic trainer?"

"Yeah?"

"Y/N and her dated for a couple months before Danielle cheated on Y/N when Portland was in Orlando for the reverse game of the first game of the season, and that's when we got together." I explain and grin when Y/N wraps her arms around me.

"Pretty much yeah." Y/N says and I chuckle.

"Pretty much? That's exactly what happened." I say and Abby chuckles, wrapping her arm around the blonde woman.

"Who's this?" Y/N asks, pointing at the woman, lifting her head off my shoulder.

"My fiancee." Abby says before turning to her fiancee. "These are two of my old teammates." She says before smiling. "The one I tried to kidnap is Y/N Y/L/N, and the other one is Tobin Heath." Abby explains and we shake hands with the lady.

"The other one though?"

"Well, it's not like I did anything to you." Abby says and I nod.

"Yeah, true."

"So what are you two doing in New York?"

"We're in town for bootcamp for a couple more days." Y/N says and Abby nods.

"I'm gonna go pay." I say to Y/N who nods before turning back to Abby. When I come back out, Y/N reaches her hand out to me, so I take it.

-

The next day, we have a friendly against Australia, so as we're all getting ready for the game, Y/N comes over and wraps her arms around my neck, smiling at me as she bites her lip, her hand playing with the hair on my hairline.

"Hi there." I say, placing my hands on her hips.

"Hey." She says before kisisng me as Kelley and Kling start screaming at each other, no words, just two screams melding into one, constant noise. Y/N hums into the kiss and deepens it a little, pulling me closer to her as she nibbles on my lip before pulling away and walks off, to her cubby right next to mine and tosses something into it before grabbing her gloves and her long sleeve jersey, since she was shirtless and follows Ashlyn, Alyssa, and Jane out of the locker room, her cleats in her left hand and her gloves in her right hand, she looks over her shoulder at me, since she was in the back of the group, she winks at me and gives me a cute little smile before waving at me with her cleats and walks off, leaving the locker room door to swing closed.

"You're drooling." Alex says right next to my ear and I jump.

"Shit, Alex, you scared the hell out of me." I say and she laughs, stepping away and looking at me.

"But seriously, you're drooling." Alex says and I roll my eyes as she tosses an arm over my shoulders.

"I'm not." I say and she laughs again, stepping away.

"Hey, where's your arm band?" She asks and I furrow my brow.

"It's on my arm. What are you talking about?" I ask, looking at my arm. "It was on my arm, I thought it was." I say before looking through my bag to make sure I didn't forget to put it on. "The hell?" I say, turning around to see Alex with her eyebrow raised.

"You sure Y/N didn't take it from you while those two were yelling?" Alex asks, pointing to Kelley and Kling.

"No, she wouldn't, you know how she is about captain's arm bands."

"Do I?"

"She won't touch one unless she knows she earned it, like, I could give her the band during this game and she'd just wrap it back around my arm. Hell, she'd wrap it around my neck."

"Why?" Carli asks, walking past to sit down on the chair in font of Moe's cubby since it's closer to me than hers is.

"Because she's in goal now. She doesn't think that standing in goal merits a captainship. She doesn't think she works hard enough for it." I say and Carli nods.

"Yeah, I noticed that in Manchester, she was given the armband for a week, and she missed one practice because she had to take Sortzen in for a checkup and she came back to practice the next day and gave me the armband, said she didn't deserve it. For missing one half hour practice. She's so hard on herself, she expects so much of herself that when she can't reach that goal of hers, she crushes herself." Carli says and I furrow my brow.

"I haven't noticed that."

"Because around you, she knows that she's enough, she knows that she doesn't have to impress you."

"But she has to impress us?" Alex asks and Carli shrugs.

"You guys, do you realize that we're her idols? We may be close in age, but the first week she practiced with us, she looked at all of us as if we were gods." Carli says and Alex and I share a look.

"Really?"

"Well, except for you, Tobin, you kinda made her think you hated her." Carli says and I sigh.

"Still, she wouldn't take my captain's arm band." I say and Carli shrugs.

"I'd still go check with her, just in case she did to mess with you." Carli says as she gets up after adjusting her shinpads. "See you guys out on the field." Carli says before leaving the locker room, so I grab my jersey, cleats, and shinpads and walk out of the locker room as I slip my jersey on and sit on the bench to put my cleats on and slip my shinpads into my socks. After tying my cleats, I walk over to where Y/N is warming Ashlyn up and smile when she looks over since Ashlyn was getting the ball she missed.

"Hey." Y/N says as she turns to face me.

"Hey, I can't find my arm band, do you happen to know what I did with it?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah, you let this chick steal it from you while you were making out with her." Y/N says before taking said arm band from Ashlyn and handing it to me.

"You weasel." I say and Y/N shrugs.

"You have terrible self-awareness, you probably didn't even notice it yourself." Y/N says and I sigh.

"You're right, Alex pointed it out." I say and Y/N laughs.

"Alex should've let you figure it out on your own. That's what I was going to do." Y/N says and I roll my eyes at her before going over to warm up with the rest of the team as the goalies go back into the locker room, since they go out and warm up before the rest of us.

-

When I get into the locker room after warming up, I look at Alex and Y/N as they dance to That's What I Like by Bruno Mars.

"No, no, it goes 'everything 24 karats', and when he says that, you hop, land at an angle like this and your hands go from your ribs to your thigh, like this." Y/N says and does exactly what she just says, adding a slight body roll to the mix before Christen looks over at me and smirks, so I return a playful glare to her before she speaks.

"Hey, Tobs. Took you a while." Christen says and I nod.

"Yeah, had to stop and get a drink." I say and look at Y/N, who's staring at me, a deep blush resting on her cheeks. "Nice moves, love." I say, walking past her, kissing a bright red cheek on my way to my cubby to sit for the little bit of time we have to rest before we have to go back out.

-
Y/N
-

As I sit on the bench during the game, since, you know, we've got Ashlyn Harris and Alyssa Naeher, I'm not going in unless both of them die on the field or something. As I sit on the bench, watching the game, I decide to get up and walk around in case a miracle happens and I'm sent into the game in the midfield, I won't be tight and not warm at all, and watch Tobin make a nice run, and keep my eyes glued to the challenge between my girlfriend and an Australian defender and feel a hand grip the back of my jersey as the defender makes a sketchy ass tackle, and feel an arm wrap around my waist as Tobin goes down holding her ankle and groaning.

"Are you kidding me?" I yell out, moving out of the grasp of the teammate holding me in a death grip. "Seriously! Come on!" I yell again and watch the ball go out of play and stand still as the athletic trainers rush out to Tobin, ten yards in front of me. As they check Tobin, Alex comes over and asks for water, so I toss her a bottle.

"You alright?" She asks and I huff, knowing she's talking about Tobin.

"That girl better be sorry for what she did, because if she isn't, ooh." I say as a hand is placed on my shoulder and I look over to see Jill.

"Relax, she's gonna be fine." Jill says and I huff. "But I want you to go in for Tobin." Jill says and I stare at her. "I'm serious, the trainers want to keep Tobin off for now, so I want you in there. I know you can do it."

"What about Jaelin?"

"You don't worry about her, just worry about playing." Jill says and I pull off my long sleeved jersey and smile as Jill takes it from me.

"You play nice with that Aussie, alright?" Jill says and I nod, walking over to the check in and jog on when I'm let on, giving Carli a high five as I jog onto the pitch, into Tobin's position to the left of Alex.

"You good?" Carli asks and I sigh.

"I will be, once we shut this team out." I say and Carli smiles, hugging me.

"That's my girl. Let's do this." She says before we get back into position to resume the game.

-

Twenty minutes later, Moe has the ball and I'm just open at the line of defenders, and she's coming closer, so I call for a through ball and take it when she gives it and do a few technical touches to get around the defenders that surround me and haul ass to goal, where Alex meets me, so I pass to Alex before I'm slide tackled and let myself roll a few feet as Alex yells, once I stop rolling, I stay face down because my shoulder is aching, as are my forearm and knee.

"Y/N. " I hear Alex says, and I just groan. "Don't play around like this again." She says and I move my left arm so I can put my forehead on my wrist as I clench my jaw before screaming out as my collarbone starts to hurt too. A minute later, I'm gently turned over, so I put my arm over my eyes and let myself cry as my arm is checked.

"Where does it hurt?"

"My collarbone, shoulder, forearm, and my knee." I say and Jeff sighs.

"Okay, let's get you off the field." He says and I nod as I'm lifted, so I move my arm to see Alex carrying me off the field. Once I'm on the table, I hear someone coming from my left, so I look over to see Tobin leaning on Mal, walking over to me, so I reach my left hand out to her and let her take it as she looks at me with nothing but worry in her eyes.

"I'm fine." I say and she looks at my arm, then back at me. "I promise." I say and she sighs.

"You better be right." She says and I smile as Mal takes Tobin back to where she had her foot up.

"Do you really think you can still play?" Jeff asks and I look over, nodding.

"I'm just a little banged up." I say and he sighs.

"Alright, fine, but I'm only letting you back on because you seem to be right." Jeff says and I sit up slowly.

"Damn right, I'm right." I say before walking over to Jill.

"Already?" She asks and I shrug.

"I'm fine." I say and she nods, sending me over to wait for subs to be called in.

Once I'm back on the field, an Aussie defender gets the ball and heads forward with it, so I slide tackle her and groan as she lands on me, crying, and that's when I know I fucked up.

"Shit, that wasn't the ball." I say as I get up and hold my hand out to help her up, but stop when she grabs her ankle instead, and that's when I see the number on the jersey, half of me says she deserves it for what she did to Tobin, but my rational side is telling me that I'm about to get a red card and that I should've timed that tackle better. Or just done a standing tackle. I hear the ref coming and I sigh as she reaches for her pocket. I watch as she grabs a card out of her pocket, still jogging over to me, so I just stand here and watch the card as it's held up , but furrow my brow when I see that it's only yellow, instead of red, like I expected, so I just nod and go on with the game, until I'm tackled again, it was just a regular one, no slide, but she shoved me right on my collarbone, right where it's been hurting, and I went down, this time for good, but at least I put two points on the board. It just came at a price.

"I told you you weren't fine." Tobin says as Jeff sits me on the table with my jersey off to check my arm and collarbone.

"Be quiet, Harry." I say and Tobin playfully glares at me.

"Only Allie gets to call me that." She says and I shrug.

"I feel bad for simply not giving any fucks." I say and smile when Tobin does, but wince as Jeff presses where I'm hurting.

"That hurt?"

"Nah, it was orgasmic." I say and he rolls his eyes. "Yes, it hurt." I say and he nods before continuing my inspection.

-

After the game, in the training room, I get ice on my collarbone and knee before going to the locker room to gather my things, since I was not about to get in an ice bath. No way in hell, well, unless Tobin and Carli pull what they pulled a few days ago, but if they do that, I'll kill the both of them, which won't happen because Tobin is for sure out for a while because of her ankle, so guess who gets to baby sit her stubborn af girlfriend. Ha, me bitch.

"Damn, Y/L/N." I hear Allie say from where she's sitting in front of her cubby, so I look over at her and laugh a little.

"What?"

"You fine, boo." She says and I roll my eyes.

"I know, huh." I say and she winks at me, so I wink back, laughing with Allie at our terrible joke.

On the bus, I sit with Ashlyn, who looks at me quite a few times.

"Yes?" I finally ask as the bus pulls out of the stadium to take us back to the hotel.

"You seem different, like, you're giving off a different vibe." Ash says and I raise an eyebrow.

"I get that you're a Florida girl, but damn, pulling the vibe card on me?"

"Shut up, I'm serious. You seem happier, despite your physical condition, you seem a million percent happier than you did this morning." Ashlyn says and I shrug.

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that Jill gave me my spot back. Said 'bitch bye' to Jaelin and put my sexy ass back in that midfield, where I belong." I say and Ashlyn chuckles.

"I was kinda excited to see you in goal." Ashlyn says and I shake my head.

"If I were to be in goal, in the middle of an Olympic Qualifying match, guess who wouldn't go to Paris in two years? Oh yeah, us, because we're the idiots that let a middie into a goal." I say and Ash laughs.

"Don't do that to yourself, Y/N/N." Ashlyn says and I shrug.

"I will if I wanna."

"You're only as good as you think you are."

"And I think I'm a shit goalie and it should be illegal for me to even touch a set of keeper gloves that aren't already on a keeper as I high five her." I say and Ash smiles.

"So what's this mean?" She asks and I shrug.

"Means that I'm a happy little bean again. As you would call me in Orlando." I say and Ash smiles again.

"Good, you need to be a happy little bean. Grumpy little beans aren't as fun as happy ones."

"Is this seriously a conversation we're having?" I ask and Ash shrugs.

"Who are you talking to again?" Ash asks and I smirk a little.

"The real question is what am I talking to." I say and laugh as Ash shoves me gently to the side.

"Man, fuck you." Ashlyn says and I laugh as Tobin's head pokes around the seat in front of us, where she sat alone to elevate her foot, I should to the same to my knee, but I fell into this seat next to Ash, and I was just too lazy to get up, so I stayed and made Ali sit with Carli.

"Uh, no," Tobin says and I raise an eyebrow at her, waiting to see where this is going. "If I don't get to fuck her, then you don't." Tobin says and I chuckle.

"Keep dreaming, Harry." I say and Tobin flips me off. "What did I just say?" I ask and Tobin rolls her eyes before disappearing into her seat again.

Back at the hotel, Jeff calls me to his room so he can speak with me further about my injuries and what actions he wants me to take regarding both mine and Tobin's injuries as soon as we get back to Portland, and he really said exactly what I told Tobin he was going to say as I left the hotel room, which was to get to the trainer for the Thorns, Tyler, and have him order us to a doctor to check everything to be absolutely sure, so as I made my way back to mine and Tobin's hotel room, I called Tyler, told him what's up, and he set up appointments for Tobin and I the day after we get back to Portland. As I get into the room, I find Tobin dead asleep on the bed, so I pull the blanket over her and hop in the shower. After my shower, I get dressed in some comfortable clothes before answering the door as someone knocks on it and look through the peep hole to see Alex standing there, so I open it and smile at her.

"Hey." I say and she grins.

"Hey. I was wondering if you and Tobin would want to come watch some movies with the team. I figured you wouldn't because you'll want your couple time, but-"

"Alex, I'd love to go watch some movies with you guys."

"What about Tobin?" Alex asks and I laugh, stepping to the side to let her into the room.

"See for yourself."

-
Tobin
-

In the morning, I groan as I wake up alone in the hotel room, so I reach over and grab my phone to check the time, but open the text I got from Alex at about 1 in the morning, which is just telling me that Y/N fell asleep in her room while the team was in there watching movies, and she just kept her in her room with her and Mal. I respond with a quick 'okay' before moving to get up, but relax into the bed when my ankle protests the effort.

"This is going to be so much fun." I mumble to myself, hoping that Y/N comes back soon, because if she doesn't, I'll go insane in here by myself, unable to move as well as I was able to this time yesterday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 5.1K 59
"Remember I said I didn't love you? I lied." "Me too."
77.8K 1.5K 20
Tobin is in love with Alex. But Alex is in love with some pretty boy. Will Tobin ever win Alex's heart? Or will Alex hurt Tobin's? This story has b...
30.9K 371 37
Alex decides last minute that she wants to go and attend UNC instead of UCAL like her mother and sisters. When Alex leaves she leaves on a sour note...
41.5K 1.1K 21
Tobin finds out about Alex's trade to Orlando through the news. Will tobin want to keep what they already have? Or will she shut Alex out?