This Isn't My Universe [Garra...

By katgamez2000

~Disclaimer~ -May contain slight use of profanity. ~~~ "His name's Garroth- I found him, during my hike thro... More

~Prologue~
Chapter 1: Welcome To Mystreet
Chapter 2: A Change of Attire
Chapter 3: Day One, Over
Chapter 4: Dream
Chapter 5: Mystreet's Residents
Chapter 6: Aphmau's Home
!!Another Notice & Proposition!!
Chapter 7: Why Did You Do That?
Chapter 9: Healing Process
Chapter 10: Chocolates
Chapter 11: The "Car" Ride
Chapter 12: What Happened?
Chapter 13: Infant?
Chapter 14: Falling For You?
Chapter 15: Lost Love

Chapter 8: Fragments of a Memory

1.3K 78 66
By katgamez2000

"It's nice to meet you...uh...what was your name again?"

"Garroth."

"Cute name. Heheh."

"Eh?! Cute?! I beg your pardon?"

"Hm? Nothing. Damn, she was right..."

"Right? About what, exactly? I don't quite understand..."

"Oh, it's nothing. Honestly, don't worry about it."

"Alright...what was your name?"

"I guess I never said it. Heh. My name is ------------. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure is all mine."

"So, Garroth...are you from around these parts?"

"No. I thought you were aware. I'm from Phoenix Drop. Along with ------- ----------."

"Ah, I see. Such a shame. I would've liked to see your pretty face more often."

"Heh...you can't even see my face, imbecile. I wear a helmet."

"My feelings."

"Oh, hush, now. Heh...haha... Hahahaha!"

"What are you laughing about?"

"Oh, it is nothing."

"Well, I see how it is. Haha... Hey, this may sound kind of forward... But, I would love to get to know you more."

"Get to know me, more? Why?"

"If ---------- trusts you, then I trust you...and you seem rather swell. I'd truly like to get to know you..."

"Me as well, ----------."

"Promise, that you'll come down and visit me sometimes?"

"You truly like me that much? Are you being serious?"

"Yeah, I am...something about you...it's just...I don't know how to explain it... But, can you make that promise?"

"Oh, alright. What's the harm in that? As long as you promise, to visit us."

"Deal..."

~~~

I slowly awakened, as the sunlight began to shine through the open window. I sighed, sitting upright in my bed. Yesterdays events, were still boggling my mind. Why in the name of Irene, did he kiss me? What purpose did those actions serve?

And, what was that dream I had last night? Who was I talking to? Was it, perhaps, the same person from the previous dream? No, I don't think so... But, why couldn't I hear people's names? Aside from my own, of course. I'm still confused.

What do all these dreams mean? Are they...memory fragments? The first dream, had mentioned something about, regaining my lost memories. Are these small dream segments, the answer to it? My proclaimed amnesia, and why I ended up here in...the village of Mystreet.

"So, Sweetheart, you ever gonna learn how to change your clothes? Or, are you just gonna continue like this, for the rest of your life?" A voice chimed in, from the doorway, followed by a snicker.

I groaned, crossing my arms. I didn't bother turning around. "How long have you been there, Laurance?"

"Long enough to watch the sun rise," I heard his footsteps come into the room, followed by the door shutting. "And by sun, I'm referring to you- Blondie."

"I have a name."

"And I don't give a damn."

I took in deep breathes, trying to avoid lashing out at Laurance. I managed to maintain my composure, permitting myself to put on a smile. I turned on my heel, facing Laurance himself. Who was smirking, as per usual, and glancing me over.

"What are you trying to find?" I narrowed my eyes, praying to Irene he doesn't kiss me again, or even try to... It wasn't very pleasant...I think? Gah, the mixed feelings return!

"A reason to like you. Rather difficult, if I do say so myself," Laurance let out a small laugh.

Have I mentioned how much I hate him? I don't think words can express the amount of hatred I feel towards this man.

"Very humorous," I sighed, dropping my arms. "I know how much the thought of me- as lack for a better term- disturbs you... However, I promise you, that I will be out of your hair soon enough. This is your home I'm invading, and I greatly apologize. If you truly do not want me to stay, I'll go...you all have done so much for me already... Even though, some of you may not be too keen on the idea..."

Laurance's eyes widened a tad, as his gaze shifted to the ground. He had mumbled something, too low for me to hear it. I couldn't think of anything else to say, so I kept quiet. The silence was irritable, to say the least.

After a moment, Laurance turned his head for a brief second- glancing over the door. His smirk returned, as he turned back to face me. The look he had on...was a small bit...terrifying.

"What?" I tugged on the collar of my top.

"Hm? Oh, it's nothing..."

A sharp pain stung through my head. The blasted headaches, have returned once again. I thought I had gotten over them?

This one, was even worse than all the others. For some odd reason, my breathing had begun to stagger. I held my head, as I fell backwards onto the ground. Laurance had began to panic, shouting words I couldn't hear, over the ringing in my ears.

Before I knew it...I had blacked out...

~~~

"Follow me. It's just up ahead!"

I ran after the blurred figure, who's voice was somewhat distorted. They led me up a hill, stopping as they reached the peak. I stopped as well, looking out at the vivid horizon. My heart, racing with delight. It was spectacular, to say the least.

"You weren't kidding. This sure is an amazing view," I let out a small chuckle, having no control over my words or actions.

"You aren't even living the true view, with that silly helmet atop your head. Take it off. See it, in all of it's glory," the figure tapped my head, which was blocked my a metal helm.

"Remove it? I...uh..," I turned away, coughing into my hand, though it was blocked by my helm. For some reason, I was not okay with the idea.

"If you don't want to, that's fine. I just would've liked to...see your face, is all..."

"So, that's what this is about? Eh?" I teased, playfully hitting the figure's shoulder.

"Well, no... Maybe? Just a little?" The figure let out a small, distorted laugh, looking back out at the stunning view. "Has she seen your face?"

"M'lady? Er...once. Maybe twice. I  prefer to keep it hidden, is all..."

"Why?" The figure turned back to face me...I believe.

"I have my reasons..," I sat down upon the grass, leaning back a tad.

"Insecurities?" They sat beside me, copying my gestures.

"Heavens, no," I shook my head. "Just issues having to deal with my past..."

"Garroth," the figure sighed. "I am not going to force you, to do something against your will. However, just be aware...that if you feel ready...it would make my day, to see your smile..."

They want to see my...smile? That is all they request? Just...a smile? That simple?

"That's all thou requests of me? A smile?"

"Even the briefest of them. Just, to warm my heart," they chuckled once more.

"Hm...alright. Just for you."

"Really?!"

"Really, really."

I stood up, taking in a sharp breath. My hands held both sides of my helm, and they trembled a bit. Removing it was apparently rather difficult, for me... I wish I knew of the past, I had referred to... I wish I could know who this figure was.

I had managed to slip my helmet off, holding in in front of me. I turned to face the figure, giving them the smile they had requested of me. It was a bit straining, to say the least. Why was it so difficult...to only smile?

The figure let out a small gasp, following by a tiny giggle. "You're beautiful. Did you know that?"

"B-beautiful?" I dropped my helm onto the ground, their words shocking me. "I beg your pardon?"

"I suppose I was right all along. You do got a pretty face," they let out a small chuckle, laying down on the grass of the hill. "Honestly, didn't expect you to be that well-kept, and handsome. Matches your personality."

"My personality?" I sat beside the figure once more, trailing my gloved finger against blades of grass.

"Yeah...it's beautiful. Honestly, I knew no matter what you looked like, beneath your silly helmet there...I'd still consider you beautiful in my eyes. You're kind, thoughtful, generous," the figure dreamily sighed, staring up at the stunning sky. "If you were a woman, you'd be the perfect maiden. I'd sweep you off your feet in an instant."

I let out a small laugh, finding it easier to smile. "You had me going there for a moment, ----------. I thought you were attempting to woo me. In which case, you were failing miserably. A tad pathetic, if you ask me."

"Oh, hush now...you were swooning over my devilish charm," they laughed harder, holding their blurred chest. "If I had kept up my romantic pursual, you could've been mine in a heartbeat. No denying that."

"Probably not," I found that the strain of smiling, had completely disappeared. "I have my eyes already set on someone..."

"Oh? And, who might that be?"

"Hm, I must have forgotten. It slipped my mind," I grabbed my helm, holding it in between my legs. "I suppose, you will never know now..."

The figure hummed a light tune, twirling a dandelion in between their fingers. I stared at the horizon, as different variations of colour painted the sky. They were right...it's even more beautiful, in all of it's glory.

"Just like you," the figure spoke up, setting down the dandelion.

"Pardon?" I cocked my head, turning to face the figure.

"You were thinking about how beautiful the view is, no? You sort of...were watching in awe... I am just letting you know...that you're beautiful."

"What's with all the flirting, today? I thought I was not the maiden of your dreams," I fanned myself, pretending to pout.

"Can a man not compliment someone on their true beauty? Is that perhaps, frowned upon?"

So, they are confirmed a male...

"Not quite. I am just a bit stunned. I have never had someone take such interest in me. Especially another man. I am left unaware, how to respond to your advances," I sighed, drawing circles on my helm. It was somehow amusing.

"Well, that's ridiculous. With a heart such as yours...I'd hope some lucky lady would've won you by now."

"A man can only dream, my dear ----------. I am afraid, in a world such as this...romance is not everyone's first concern. There is much more that needs to be dealt with, beforehand. Especially, for someone such as I."

"I thought you had your eyes set on someone? Why the conflicting thought?" The figure chuckled.

"I do... But, I am sad to say...that it may never be..."

~~~

"I think he's coming to."

"Hey, are you alright man?"

"Get away from his face, Travis. He needs to recover, not to be made out with!"

"What? Upset you can't make out with him, Dante?"

"Oh, both of you shut up. Irene, you're obnoxious."

"You say that about everyone, Laurance."

"I said, shut up. Look, he's beginning to open his eyes."

I groaned, shifting a bit on the comfortable furniture I was laying on. I attempted to open my eyes, the view slightly hazy. I could see the outlines of three people hovering above me, and felt something freezing on my forehead.

"W-what is going on..?" I rubbed my eyes, clearing up my vision. It turns out, the figures above me were- none other, than Dante, Travis, and Laurance.

"Oh, would you look at that. You are waking up. Guess they should call me Doctor Travis, because I am getting good at this!" Travis put his hands on his hips, proudly staring up at the sky.

I gazed at the other two, in utter confusion. What had happened to me? Last thing I recall, Laurance was saying something idiotic...then, I'm suddenly in this odd, dream state. Speaking of which, that was the most vivid dream I've had. Before, I didn't recieve visuals...but, that one had a lovely display.

And, the real question is...who was that figure? There was no telling any small details about them. If anything, they were just a mass of colour, in the shape of a person. Yet, they still had that sense of familiarity. One, that I recieve with the people here in this village.

"I dunno, Gareth. We were just striking up a friendly conversation- when, all of the sudden, you blacked out on me. I mean, I know you were obviously falling for my hotness, but I didn't think...you would actually fall from it," Laurance laughed, as the other two shook their heads.

"Listen, Garroth," Dante leaned closer to me, glancing at the others. He sighed, whispering, "I'm sorry about Laurance. And, I hope you feel better. When Laurance called for us- and we saw you- you looked completely out of it. But, Laurance managed to move you back to the bed, and he took charge, on helping you recover. Even though he may not seem like it...he's a good guy. He just has to...warm up to you, is all."

Laurance? He's the one who-... I find that hard to believe...

"I see..," I whispered back, holding my head.

"You two done, yet?" Laurance's hand slid in between our faces, as he lightly pushed Dante away from me.

"You're so mature today, aren't you?" Dante shook his head, sighing. "Laurance, watch over Garroth for a moment. Travis and I will grab some medicine for him. I imagine he has quite the headache."

Yes, some herbs would be nice. Thank you.

"Why do you always stick me as the babysitter?!" Laurance threw his hands in the air, groaning.

"Stop complaining. C'mon, Travis," Dante grabbed Travis' wrist, dragging him out of the room.

I turned my head to face Laurance, whose expressions have softened. He glanced me over, letting out a small sigh. He didn't speak a word, but instead, just tapped his finger on his lap.

"Thank you..," I mumbled, kind of hoping he did not hear those words. They were disturbing enough, to just say.

"Huh?"

"Thank...you..," I muttered again, a bit louder this time.

"What are you thanking me for, Blondie?" He chuckled, his smirk reappearing.

"I am unsure...I just felt the need to say...thank you, is all..," I rubbed my forehead, to instead feel something rather cold.

Taking it off, it revealed a pouch of ice, wound in cloth. Laurance suddenly grabbed a hold of my wrist, making me put it back atop my forehead. His eyebrows furrowed, and his gaze turned serious.

"You have a bump on your forehead. That should help it a little. Leave it there," Laurance removed his hand from my wrist, softening his expressions once again.

"How did I manage to hit the front of my head? Thinking back on it...I fell backwards, didn't I?" I rubbed the back of my head, the sensation of pain being noticeable.

"Listen, Garroth...I'm not the best doctor in the world. Alright? Hell, I'm not even a doctor."

I am worried to find out what caused the-...wait...

"Did you just call me...Garroth?" I smiled a little, to myself. Laurance's eyes widened, and his cheeks flushed pink.

"N-no..."

"Yes, you did. I lost my memory, not my hearing," I laughed a little, my smile growing. "You referred to me, by my birth name."

"Oh, shut up. It doesn't mean anything. Don't think too highly of my little slip-ups, Sweetheart."

"You know...if you actually gave me a chance...we would not have to be enemies..," I moved my hand, holding my chest. I looked up at the ceiling, holding my smile.

"What's with the big smile, Cutie?"

"Cutie?"

"Why, thank you very much," Laurance chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

"You call me the incorrect name on purpose, right?" It was my turn to smirk, as I faced Laurance. His eyes widened more, as they frantically shifted.

"What gave you that idea, Blondie?"

"You just want to get a rise out of me, huh? It amuses you...correct?"

"You're quite the observer, Weirdo. Glad to know," Laurance sat on the bed, by my legs. He looked out the still open window, staring intently at it. "Hey, Gareth, how long are you planning on staying here?"

"I am unsure... Either, until I regain my memory...or your friend Dante decides to actually kick me out of your home... Whichever comes first."

Laurance laughed again, holding his stomach. "Anyways...are you certain, you'll regain your memories?"

I nodded, even though he was not looking over at me. "Yes. Every night...I have these dreams..."

"Don't know whether I want to hear about those, Blondie."

"I do not know what that means. However, in these dreams...they seem to reveal something... Each one, unlocks a different memory."

"Like...a lock and key?"

"Precisely!" I tried to sit up on the bed, but immediately fell backwards. I was in far too much pain.

"Hey, Garroth..," Laurance's tone went somewhat serious, and his face stricken with the very emotion. "Do you think...you will find your way back to your home? Wherever that may be?"

I sighed, looking at the window as well. It appeared that it was now mid-day. I was unconscious for quite a while.

"I do...and, I am determined...that I'll get back... Wherever it is, and no matter what it takes..."

And find out...who the mysterious person is...

~~~

Q- Asked by KathShips9

To- Laurance

"How often do you work out?"

~

Laurance- "How often do I work out? I work out all the time, that's for sure!"

Dante- "Can you tell that he's lying?"

Laurance- "I am not!"

Travis- "Yes, you are."

Garroth- "A liar, and a bastard. Why am I not surprised?"

Laurance- "Language!"

Dante- "Oh shut up. Who gives a damn?"

Vylad- 😢😢

Dante- 😓

Laurance- "Look at that Gareth, Dante. You made Vylad cry."

Garroth- "Many apologies, dear Vylad. I apologize for Laurance's idiocy."

Laurance- "HEY!"

Vylad- "What kind of person would I be, if I didn't forgive you! Of course I accept your apology."

Dante- "I'm sorry, as well, Vylad!"

Vylad- 😒

Laurance- "How did we get so off. Topic? We were talking about my work out schedule!"

Travis- *cough* "Which is never." *cough*

Laurance- "Oh yeah?! How would you know?! You're never at the gym!"

Dante- "And neither are you. You're mostly fawning over hot gu-... On second thought, I think we should go to the gym more often."

Travis- "What? Why?"

Aphmau- "BECAUSE OF ALL THE HOT, AND SWEATY, AND SOMETIMES SHIRTLESS DUDES!"

Dante- "Thank you for your input, Aphmau."

Laurance- "Now that you mention it... Maybe I should start going to the gym..."

Travis- "Ha! Knew you were lying!"

Garroth- "I am so confused."

Dante- "Okay! Travis, Laurance... We need to schedule a trip to the gym this weekend. You can come along too, Garroth. I'm...sort of afraid, to leave you home alone..."

Travis- "Can someone, please, inform me, why we are making plans to go to the gym?!"

Laurance- "Dante wants to fawn over hot guys."

Dante- "NO!...yes...maybe just a little?"

Vylad- 😡

Travis- "Oooo. Someone's in trouble."

Garroth- "Why, of all the peoples in the world...did I have to be rescued...by these people..?"

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 3.6K 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips; his hands gently gripping my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. ...
7.8K 205 37
CONTENT CONTAINS : SELF HARM SUICIDAL THOUGHTS SUICIDE ATTEMPTS VIOLENCE TORTURE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOU'RE EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NO...
277K 10K 51
"If we fall in love, we might get hate..." "I can live with that, just to be close to you." "I we fall in love, we might lose some of our friends..."...
414K 12K 93
"Hey Garroth! So, I was wondering if we could talk." "Sure, I have time right now." He waited for me to say something. "... in private." I said. "Oh...