The Crystal Style User ( A Ne...

By seth209knight

Michigo Kagami is 13 and the last of her clan and the only one to have survived. Since she was the last of he... More

A/N
chapter 1 The Leaf Village
chapter 2 Team 8
chapter 3 True Strength
chapter 4 Team 3
chapter 5
chapter 6 The unknown vistor
chapter 7 Lady Hokage
Chapter 8
chapter 10
chapter 11 Almira the Summoning Animal
Chapter 12 A New Type of Training
chapter 13 promotion
chapter14 jounin written exam
Jounin Exams PART2 one on one combat
chapter 15
chapter 16 Back Home
chapter 17 Team 5
Chapter 18 Friend or Enemy?
chapter 19 Testing His Limits
chapter 20 Confessions and Betrayal
Chapter 21 Tears
chapter 22 Encounter
chapter 23 Sasuke's Leaving
chapter 24 Good News
chapter 25 Joint Training
chapter 26 Invasion
chapter 27 At Death's Door Once Again
chapter 28 Traitors?
chapter 29 Mission to the Land of Birds
chapter 30
chapter 31 Feelings
chapter 32 The Kiss
chapter 33
chapter 34 Actions Speak Louder Than Words
chapter 35 She's Back
chapter 36
chapter 37 True Fear
chapter 38 Entity
chapter 39
chapter 40
A/N

Chapter 9 Jealousy

688 16 2
By seth209knight

I woke up early the next morning and just like before I woke before Neji. I decided maybe I should get ready and make breakfast since I was the guest in this house. I slowly but surely got out of the bed Neji and I shared without waking him and made my way to Hinata's room. When I got there I was surprised to see Hinata getting up.

"Morning Hinata. What are you doing up so early?" I asked as I grabbed my clothes and made my way to the bathroom slowly.

"Oh I-I get up early to make breakfast for everyone. Why are you up?" She answered me as she put on her usual outfit and ninja gear.

I stopped in the doorway not expecting that kind of answer. Well I wasn't even expecting her to be up this early at all since it was around six thirty in the morning.

"Really? Doesn't everyone cook for themselves or how do things work around here?" I turned around and replied curiously. I decided that I would get dressed in her room while we chatted. I had a feeling that this wasn't just a short conversation then mind your own business type but a more story type with background.

"Oh umm... I do the cooking and cleaning." She replied looking at her mirror to brush her hair and never meeting my eyes. I wondered why she did that. Then I remembered what Neji said before he fell asleep and decided to ask.

"Hey what's the "main branch"? Neji mentioned something about getting stronger in order to protect the main branch." I told her as I was now dressed and brushing my hair once she had finished with hers. She looked down as she sat on her bed. She sighed deeply and I got the feeling it might be not that great. Thinking back I remembered Neji's almost permanent scowl.

Maybe this is why he is in his bad moods all the time.

"Well you see in the Hyuuga clan we have our byakugan. Some people want to steal it and take it for their own so in order to protect the byakugan from others we have a main branch and side branch. The side branch members are branded with the cursed seal signifying a bird in a cage. It's the duty of the side branch members to protect the main family. It's not only for decoration either. If one of the side branch family members doesn't do their job or if they are seen as a threat to the main family, the main family can activate their curse mark turning their brain the mush. It keeps them in check and reminds them of their duty. Also ..." Hinata then suddenly stopped talking and I was about to ask why but then I heard Neji knock outside the door. I was wondering what he was doing here so early.

"Are you ready Michigo?" He asked with his backpack ready. By now it was about 7:30 AM. He must've seen the confusion on my face because he closed his eyes and shook his head in annoyance. Just when I thought we were friends. He goes and has to be mean again.
"We have a mission from Lady Homage and were meeting her now to go over the details." He said as he stepped to the side waiting for me to follow.
I took another glance at Hinata and she smiled at me.

"See you later Michigo." She waved and followed us out. She separated from us and went to the kitchen inside.

"Neji if we don't know the details of the mission why do you have your pack ready to as if we were going over night?" I asked him confused as I stayed one step behind him as I remembered he didn't like me walking next to him.

"We have to go to your house and if it was I won't have to waste time packing my own things while you wait for me because I know you're too afraid to walk into your own apartment alone." He stated as he stopped and turned to me waiting for me to catch up. Obviously wanting me to lead him to my apartment to drop off his things.

Once we got there we saw a team of ANBU black ops leaving. I got anxious and ran up to question how the night went.
"How did it go? Did the creature return? Did you see it?" I bombarded them with questions.

"Calm down. I'm sorry but nothing came. We have to report to Lady Hokage right away. She'll come up with a different course of action to catch the creature I'm sure. For now go on with your day." One of the ANBU said to me before they vanished. I gave a look of dispare and sighed. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see it was Neji. I couldn't read his expression though.

"I'm sure they will solve your ghost problem. You're in safe hands. Let's put my stuff in your room then we'll go to Lady Hokage to get our mission details. Alright?" He said this with a gentle tone of voice however he did have a straight face. I couldn't tell if he was hiding something but him being him I didn't know if I wanted to find out.

"Alright." I agreed and opened my apartment door. The ANBU left it unlocked since I was there.

Neji followed me to my room and set his stuff in there till we got further instructions from Lady Tsunade.
I locked up my apartment door then we set off for the Hokage tower. Half way there we ran into Kiba and his dog Akamaru.

Oh great. Just the person I wanted to see.

"What do you want Kiba? We're busy with a mission and we can't be late." Neji spat out rudely. I was shocked at how rude he was to him.

Why is he so rude to him? He's known him longer? Maybe it's the way Kiba glared at me with so much hate it would have driven me out of the village.

"Why are you bothering yourself with the likes of her?" He retorted with hate laced in his voice.

Why does he hate me so much? I didn't do anything to him.

I thought sadly. Thinking of having to leave the village because they hate me almost made me cry. I however kept in the tears. I'd let them out some other time when I'm alone.

"We have a mission like I said before. Now leave your getting in the way. Let's go Michigo." Neji said rudely then turned to me and gestured that I follow him. I did quickly. It wasn't long after that we reached the Hokage tower. We walked in and waited for our que to enter.
I noticed that the team was already here. I looked down ashamed that I made Neji late. I felt his hand quickly and slightly brush against mine. I looked up at him and he looked at me and smiled. It was barely there but I saw it. I nodded slightly saying thanks. Then turned our focus back to Lady Tsunade.

"Your mission is to escort this man back to the land of birds. I want you to get him there safely. You're to leave in thirty minutes. Neji you're in charge. Guy is out on another mission. You may go." She said with authority as the man we were supposed to escort walked in. He was a young man probably around the age of 16 or 17. I didn't care he was cute though. He had black hair spiked up in the front and beautiful brown eyes. I could stare into them all day. I snapped out of my gaze hoping it went unnoticed. However I saw that Neji seen me because he looked kind of pissed. Again I didn't know why. I couldn't understand this kid. He started acting nice once he knew I'm stronger then I'm supposed to. That's when I had a question pop into my head.

"Wait a minute. Before we go Lady Tsunade, I mean Lady Hokage why is Neji in charge when I'm the Jonin of the group?" I asked quietly.

"Well that's because your new to this village. Your previous village was the hidden Mist village otherwise known as bloodmist village. Am I correct?" She answered me with a question. I got a little mad but then again she wouldn't trust me yet because of the village I came from. I understood that part. I nodded to answer her. Then Tenten piped up with another question stalling time. I saw that Lady Tsunade was growing an annoyed face.

"Why was it called bloodmist village?" She questioned glancing at me then to the Hokage.

"You don't have time for more questions. Michigo will answer your further questions. You have to get this man back to the land of birds quickly and safely. Now go." She yelled that last part making me jump a little. I bowed quickly and left with the others in tow.

"Michigo let's go get your things. Sir meet us at the gate well be there shortly. Lee , Tenten pack your bags and meets us at the gate ready to go. Don't be late." Neji said to them as he stood beside me. He took a glance at me and headed towards my apartment. He looked like he had on a mad face but I couldn't tell why. I was going to ask him but thought better of it and kept it to myself. As we got there I unlocked my door went to my with him following and quickly packed my bags. He simply stood in the doorway watching me. I felt uncomfortable as I grabbed spare clothes and undergarments. They were what you would say lacy. I loved lace. It was always comfortable to me. I spared a quick glance to him to see his reaction to seeing them and when I looked he quickly looked away from me. I shrugged and finished packing.

"I'm ready." I told him. As I stood up I noticed he left the doorway. When I walked out I saw him in the kitchen waiting. He just simply nodded and without another word said to me he walked out ready to lead me to the gate to my first mission. But for some reason I had a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. It didn't feel good. I didn't know what this feeling was but I K we it had something to do with Neji not talking to me.

Once we were there at the gate Neji took the lead with Tenten by his side. Lee stood with the guy we were supposed to escort and I took up the rear. Mainly because I'm the strongest and if we were ambushed it would most likely behind us. Then we set off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 1.2K 52
You're the daughter of kakashi hatake. Everything was good and fine in your life, nothing new until your dad decides he wants you to meet his team...
34.3K 1.1K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
44.2K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...
26.7K 871 36
(It's clearly not femnaruto x Sasuke) Team 7 needed one member so there team will be complete, because one of there teammate quitted being a ninja,we...