Capturing My Mate *Rated R* (...

By whenmusictakesflight

At the age of 6, Cara Halen's life took a traumatic turn when she was abducted from her family and held capti... More

Chapter 1 & 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27-28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44- Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapterr 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53-Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilouge
New Prequel Out

Chapter 34

3.9K 82 9
By whenmusictakesflight

I opened my eyes to Reid the next morning.He was leaning back on a chair reading a book. He didn't notice I was awake so I stared at him for a bit.I couldn't believe all the things that happened these last two months. But now I was here, the place I was always supposed to be.Every moment not spent with him was painful. But now we would be together and everything would be alright.

He flipped the page."You know, it's not polite to stare."He didn't even turn to look at me.

I jumped a little, startled."How'd you know?"I crossed the room to hug him.He put the book on his desk and sat me in his lap.I kissed his jaw and then his neck.He brought my face to his.

"Because I'm your mate. "He kissed me softly.

My stomach growled, ruining the moment."Are you hungry?"

I nodded getting up.In fact, I was starving.He stood up stretching, which was the cutest thing ever. His shirt rose slightly showing his stomach, his chest was still bruised terribly. He led the way, we passed by the bathroom and I remembered to brush my teeth. I ran in quickly and shut the door. I can't believe I kissed him and talked to him without brushing my teeth first. Luckily I still had my spare toothbrush from when I used to stay over. He still kept it all this time.

When I was finished I joined him in the kitchen.To my surprise Matt and Ashley were there. When she saw me her face lit up and mine did the same.We hugged tightly.

"Where have you been Ash?" I squeezed her not letting go. Finally I broke away to hear what she said.

"I've been in New York, I had so much work to do I couldn't leave.If I want to graduate with my class this year, then I have to do all of these extra classes on the weekends." I glanced over at Matt and he didn't look happy about this news at all. My heart went out to him, the weekends were the only time he got to see his mate and that too was being taken from him.

She looked at him tenderly.I could tell she mindlinked him something because his face softened. She turned to me and I turned away quickly.It was a terrible habit of mine to stare. Reid's back was turned to them so he missed their solemn exchanges, but it was not lost on me.

"Cara can I talk to you outside?"Ashley asked.I nodded not knowing what the conversation would lead to. I followed her to the living room.We both plopped down on the couch."I didn't know you were back together with Reid. Since when? "

I searched her eyes for any search of disapproval but found none."Since five days ago."I recounted the whole story to her, leaving out a few things like Reid's scars on his back and so on.Her expression didn't change one bit,which only meant that she was completely absorbed in the story. "So yeah, he promised me honesty so we'll how the relationship develops.But I feel good about this Ashley, I know that it's going to work."

She smiled."Good I'm glad. I've always liked him for you."

I smiled. "I really missed him and I'm just scared that something will happen and we won't be mates anymore."

Ashley rolled her eyes. "And you call me dramatic?"

I pushed her lightly."So how are things with you and Matt?"

She turned her hands slightly."Rocky. I've been so busy that I can barely even see him. Sundays are the only days where my classes are every other weekend.My Saturday classes are every single weekend except this weekend. So that means I see him only twice a month for one day. I don't want to repeat senior year, but I don't want to keep being away from him. You know?"

"What about Matt, can't he come live in New York?"

"Been there done that. He can't leave his pack, he'll be Reid's beta. He also won't do it, Reid's been a brother to him so he feels like he owes him and his dad in some way.He's not going to leave his family."

"But you are his family."I pointed out.

Ashley shrugged."I'm not going to ask him to give up his life here to join mine back in New York. Alright?"

"Alright."I may not have agreed with her but I understood where she was coming from.

We walked back to the kitchen. My food was ready and I grabbed the plate taking it back to the living room.Reid followed and Ashley stayed in the kitchen with Matt.

Reid turned on the television and changed it to the news.I took a bite of the pancake.It was one of Reid's favorite things to make me for breakfast.I could never decide between chocolate chip or blueberry pancakes so he mixed them together for me.

"I missed when you made this for me."I took another bite."What inspired you to mix the two?" I was curious. Because in reality he could have just made me one pancake with chocolate chips and the other with blueberry.

"Um my mom did actually."He swallowed and rubbed his neck. "She uhh used to be just as indecisive as you.She could never decide between banana nut pancakes or blueberry, and it used to piss my dad off so much so one day he simply said 'goddamnit Joanne why don't you just mix the two.' So she did, and she loved it.

"Banana nut and blueberry." I made a semi disgusted face and he laughed.

"Yeah only she liked it. My dad and I both hated the taste and the smell of it but for her birthday and their wedding anniversary , my dad would make it for her and we'd suffer through those pancakes. "

He smiled sadly. "Interestingly enough, I find that I love the taste of them now. Funny that it has to be now when she's gone huh?" I put my hand on his leg and rubbed it.He didn't have to tell me that story,he could have just said 'my  mom' and left it at that, I would have understood, but he did it because he wanted to include me in his life.That warmed my heart.

"Thanks for telling me that." I leaned in to kiss him . He groaned when I pulled away but settled for putting his arm around me."Your dad actually sounded like a good person for a second."

Reid laughed ruefully."He was but he changed. I changed, we all changed."

"Do you ever think you and your dad will ever repair your relationship?"

"No." He said tersely.

I blinked."It's not too late."

"It is Cara."All joking was put aside."He can't even say her name. He doesn't want to talk about her or even remember her and I do."

"Don't get me wrong I used to be like him, but then I thought: if my dad won't think about her and I won't, then who will? She may be gone but I want to remember her the best way I can and I want others to know her the way I knew her. I want you to know of her, our kids one day to know of her. .." He smiled although it pained him to do so. Reid stood up shortly afterwards, taking away my empty plate.

"You're thirsty? I'll get you some water." He broke out of his trance.I said nothing but I understood that he wasn't invincible. It still hurt him to talk about her.

He came back a few minutes later with a glass of water. I took a sip and put it on the table to rest.

"Reid." I touched his shoulder lightly wanting to talk. He didn't. He looked at me and his eyes softened.

"What?"His voice held no malice or resentment.

"Do you ever think you will talk about her without cringing."

He rubbed his lips with his finger, contemplating a response. Finally he spoke."To do that I would have to forgive myself first for having a small hand in her death."

"But you didn't."I protested. He shrugged noncommitedly."Reid."I said astounded."You did not."

"Thank you Cara, you don't know how good it feels to hear that." He touched my cheek with his hand.

"Of course-"

"Hold on."He apologized. Something on the TV caught his attention and he turned up the volume louder.

'Locals have reported wolf sightings through the woods and some have even been spotted roaming onto local highways and roads.It has reported two casualties were caused from these wolf sightings and three more were attacked from these wolves.All women who claim the wolves were slightly larger than average. Officials are looking into it.'

The lady moved on to another subject but Reid was already up."Matt."He called from the kitchen.Matt came into the room and Reid rewound the footage for him.

"Rogues."Matt asked.

"Rogues."Reid nodded.He glanced at me quickly and looked away.His forehead was creased with worry. "Jason, Mike, and Alex ran the patrol at night right?"

"As far as I know." Matt shrugged.

"Well contact them and let them know what's happened, then tell them to meet me back at the pack office."

Reid's phone went off. He cursed and answered it. "Yeah, I've seen the news.No, I don't know how it went unwatched for so long. That is not my job to check for that, it's yours." Reid hung up.

He sighed and put his phone back in his pocket. "Matt and I need to go to the pack office for a bit, Cara stay with Ashley and please don't go near the woods."

"Alright."

I stood up and kissed him quickly goodbye.He held onto me longer."I'm serious babe." He mummered."Watch twilight or something." He smiled to show that he was joking.

I leaned my head into him, our foreheads touching each other's. "I promise we will be saints. Come back early ok?"

"I'll try. It's nothing serious, we just have to set up stricter borders and put more patrol out. That's all."I frowned. So much for spending the day together.

He cupped my face."Don't pout."

I stuck my bottom lip out more."Fine, just please hurry home." I waved as he and Matt left.

I turned to Ashley and sighed."What should we do now?"

"Go to the woods."

I rolled my eyes."I'm being serious."

"Fine, I say we call and pickup Lisa so she can join in on our pity party."Lisa ended up answering and agreeing to join us. We picked her up and drove to the nearest pizza shop for a bite.

"So what are the guys doing again?"We settled into a table booth.

"There were two wolf occurrences in the woods so they went to check it out."

Lisa nodded."We should go."

"You see that's what I said."Ashley beamed.

"I'm not going so forget about it."I glared at the two of them. I didn't need another fight with Reid and I did not want to run into another rouge for the rest of my life.

"Oh lighten up, where's your sense of adventure?"

"Hiding behind my fear of dying. They said not to go so I'm not going to go."

Lisa switched the conversation thankfully."So can anyone explain to me why my mate spends more time with my dad then with me? They are golfing right now."Her eyes crinkled as she said that.

"Awwww."I gushed."Isn't that a good thing?"Lisa looked at me like I was crazy."My dad doesn't even like my mate."

"My parents only met Matt once."Ashley pointed out.

"Do they like him?"

"Yeah, my mom thinks he's cute.My dad and Matt root for different football teams so my dad is 'on the fence' about Matt for now. You guys should have seen the two of them arguing at dinner over football. My mom and I left and they didn't even notice."

Lisa laughed."Aww Ash. That's funny."Ashley hit her lightly.

I went to the counter to grab another slice of pizza. "I wish my dad could see that Reid is a pretty good guy. To be honest he doesn't even know I'm seeing Reid again."

Ashley and Lisa's mouths dropped open."You have to tell your dad. Where does he think you were last night?"

"At Lisa's house."Lisa shook her head slowly but said nothing. My fingers combed through my hair. "I'll tell him tomorrow after school. Or you know what, I'll have Reid over for dinner."

"Good luck with that Cara." Ashley said.

"Reid will never go." Lisa added.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I thought bitterly. Plus I would force Reid to go whether he liked it or not. "If he wants to remain my boyfriend he'll go." I smiled wryly.

"Ooooohhhhh."Lisa and Ashley said out loud.

My cellphone rang."Hey Reid what's up?"

"We're still here. We'll probably be here for another hour. What are you guys doing?"

"Eating pizza, talking about our mates. The usual."

"Good things about me I hope."

"No terrible, horrible, ugly, dirty things." Even through the phone I could almost envision his eyes perking up with amusement.

Ashley and Lisa's eyes glanced up at me and Reid laughed."Dirty you say?"

"Don't you have work to do?" I blushed.

"I can tell you're blushing."

"Goodbye Reid."

"No wait! I want to hear all the dirty things you said about me."

"Goodbye Reid!"

"Every last detail." I hung up and blushed deeper. He was too much.

"Can we go guys?" I turned on them.

Lisa and Ashley exchanged a look and grinned. "Ok Ashley's driving." Lisa and Ashley hooked arms and walked to the car. I followed behind them to the car. They were planning something and I didn't know what yet.

"Wake me up when we get there ok." I sat in the back seat and closed my eyes.

All I heard were their giggles before sleep closed in on me.

When I woke up the car was isolated.Completely empty, no Ashley no Lisa nothing. I looked out my window and shut my eyes. Oh no. They couldn't do it , they wouldn't do it. Reid made specific instructions for us not to go into the woods.

He made ME specific instructions not to go, he never said anything to Ashley or Lisa. Oh god.

I looked at my options, if I stayed here they could be killed by rouges, if I went I could be killed by rouges.If I stayed they could possibly come back, if I go they could still possibly come back. Or the fifth choice is the rogues might not be in the woods at the current moment .

I prayed for the latter. I got out of the car. Okay, I thought, I'm not dead yet.I dialed Reid's number.

"Cara what is it?" He said softly, but still I could tell he was busy.

"You're busy." I said disappointed. I needed him not to be. I needed him to talk me out of going deeper into the woods and ripping Ashley and Lisa's heads off.

"Yes.I left the woods because I was called into an emergency meeting. What's up?"

"Reid I'm sorry."I took several more steps in the wrong direction.I was supposed to be going back to the car.

"You're sorry? For what?!" He sounded uneasy and worried."What happened?"

"I know I promised but I'm sorry." I bit my lip.

Instantly he knew."Cara stay right there I'm coming."

"No Reid you're in a meeting."

I heard a door slam. "Not anymore. Cara listen stay where you are."

"I'm hanging up." I whispered.

"Don't hang up.Cara? You there?"

I shut the phone. I'll be fine. Everything will be okay.I just kept chanting over and over to myself.

"Ashley, Lisa!" I screamed. My phone rang again and I ignored it. I screamed their names again. My phone rang one more time and I answered it.

"Cara can you just listen to me and stay put?I'll be there in 10 minutes." I hung up again.

I walked around screaming their names. My phone stopped ringing, at least that was good.

'Cara you are the most stubborn, reckless-'

"Get out of my head Reid." I blocked him out. He was going to be pissed when he found us. If the rogues didn't kill us he certainly would.

"Ashley! Lisa! When I find you I'll swear I'll-"

"You'll what?"Lisa came into view. Despite wanting to pull her hair out, I grabbed her and gave her a huge hug.I kissed both cheeks and hugged her again.

"I hate you. What's wrong with you?"I squeezed her tightly. "where's Ashley?"

She struggled free of me."She went back to the car to look for you. We never actually thought you'd come looking for us."She laughed and I wanted to strangle her further.

Lisa kept talking but I shushed her."Did you hear that?"She shook her head no. "It sounded like a snarl."

"You're just being paranoid."She put her arm on my shoulder."Your phone is ringing."

I looked down at my phone and answered."Reid don't worry I found them I -" I dropped my phone because right behind Lisa was a huge black wolf looking at us like he wanted a meal. I started hyperventilating like crazy."Lisa don't turn around just run."I said.

She was gone and I followed behind her.Lisa stopped but I kept running.

"Cara wait!"She called but I couldn't stop running. Panic had already gripped me. I tripped over a fallen tree branch and came colliding with the ground. I layed sprawled out on the ground. I turned around slowly, my head was killing me.I opened my eyes and the wolf was standing over me. Everything suddenly went black.

When I woke up the scene around me was chaos.Reid was yelling at some guy and Ashley and Lisa were standing there looking guilty.

"What the hell were you thinking scaring her like that Jason?!You should have shifted immediately once you realized there was no immediate danger. You had one job , patroling and you screwed it up."Reid had the poor guy against the trunk of the tree.

"Reid it was an accident."Ashley said quietly. That was brave of her but also incredibly stupid because once Reid was on a warpath no one would be spared.

He was still holding the guy by his shirt against the tree but he turned on her anyway. He lowered his voice several octaves."And what kind of game did you think you were playing? You knew it was dangerous to come here but yet you did anyway. Why?" Ashley paled and so did Lisa. Neither of them responded which was only pissing Reid off further. "You know what my mate is and you know the dangers in bringing her here unprotected. Why would you do that?! Answer me!" He barked out. The authority in his voice rang out.

"Reid I think they've suffered enough."I turned over to the side groaning. I was tired of falling and being injured. Reid dropped the guy and picked me off the ground. I winced when my left foot hit the ground. Reid picked me up and kissed my forehead.

"How are you feeling babe?"

"My head hurts and my leg, is the wolf gone?"

"I'll get you some pain relief pills when we get to the car, you might have a sprained foot but don't worry one shift will fix that."

"And the wolf?"

"Oh that was Jason and he's really sorry about scaring you like that. He was running patrols when he heard you guys. He should have shifted immediately. "Reid glared at him.

"It's okay." I played peacekeeper.

"No it's not."He snapped. I realized that Reid was also pissed off at me. I couldn't blame him.

We drove home in silence.Lisa was dropped back home and Ashley, Reid and I all went back to his house. Reid went to his room and shut the door leaving Ashley and I downstairs.

"You just had to go to the woods." I folded my arms.

"Sorry."She shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"You're forgiven I guess."She gave me a hug.

"Good luck upstairs okay?"

I walked upstairs and opened the door.Reid was laid back on his bed staring at the ceiling.I came in and stood in the center of the room. Normally I would join him but I could tell he was mad.

He didn't say anything for awhile.

"Are you mad?" I asked tentatively.

He looked at me and chuckled darkly."No I'm not mad, I'm furious."

"That's the same thing."I pointed out.Before he could say anything I spoke quickly."Look I didn't know we were going, I fell asleep in the car, Ashley and Lisa plotted it a long time in their heads about going and I didn't know.But I couldn't leave them in the woods by themselves, what if a rogue attacked them and I just sat there waiting for them in the car. I couldn't do it Reid."

"Why did you ignore my phone calls and block me from mind linking you?"He demanded. "I thought we were finished with you blocking me..."

"I'm sorry but you were making it difficult, I knew if I talked to you I would turn back around and head to the car."

"Is that a bad thing?" His tone didn't soften.

"I had to make sure my friends were okay." I defended myself.

"So you disobeyed me and went against my strict orders not to go in. "He folded his arms and sat up.

He was not getting it. "It's not about the orders, my friends were in there, I couldn't just leave them."

Reid practically exploded at me. "And what would happen if there were rouges? What the hell then? You wouldn't see your friends, you'd be taken, or killed. Your friends would be alive, and you'd be dead or captured. And I-"

"It was my decision Reid, not yours. I didn't need your help; I was managing just fine." I said coldly. Reid blinked for a second before bursting into laughter.

"When I found you, you were passed out. You even ran away in human form, not even thinking to shift to wolf.You were managing nothing at all Cara."His sardonic tone etched it's way into the corner of my head, fueling my desire to get back at him.

"You're being a jerk. Let me decide what I want to do with my life. If I want to save my friends in the woods then that's my choice and I have every right to do so. You can't forbid me to do anything, you seem to forget we aren't back at the base and I'm not your stupid prisoner Reid." By the look on his face, I knew I had tweaked a nerve.

He shot up from the bed and got into my face. I took an involuntary step backwards. "Is it so wrong for me to care for your life when you clearly don't. Is it wrong to hope that you have some sense not to put yourself in immediate danger? "He said exasperated. "And I swear to the moon goddess Cara, if you make one more reference between me and the guards at that stupid base...." He raised his voice.

I froze when I saw the look in his eyes. I had no doubt that my mate would never lay a hand on me, but when he got angry, he was scaryp. I had to admit though that I went too far. Reid had done everything in his power to convince me that he was not a guard in the base, and now I was just throwing it back at him because I was upset. 

" I went too far. I'm really sorry, you're nothing like them honestly. If I was even the slightest bit sassy with them, they'd hurt me." I pouted. His face softened and pulled me in for a hug.

"Were you often sassy?" He asked in a soothing voice. I found shelter in his arms and we both fell backwards on the bed.

"Yes, to Steven sometimes. When I was feeling brave and revengeful. I always knew what buttons to press to aggravate him. But it was almost always not worth it. I always ended up in bruises afterwards. He wasn't as forgiving as you Reid." I pouted slightly and stared up at him.

Reid's eyes grew sad."I wish you never had to go through any of that. I'm so sorry Cara." We kissed again. "And I'm sorry for yelling at you, I was just really worried. I'm terrified of losing you, you know that." I told him not to worry, his anger was justified.

I sat back up, crossed legged on his bed, and changed the subject to him. "So is everything alright? The rouge attacks were a week ago and you haven't really talked about it anymore."

He tapped his fingers on the bed. "I put it out of my mind, you should too."

"Have you shifted since then?"

"Only once, I ran around doing some patrols."

"Are you back to normal?"

"For the most part. Another month maybe less and I'll be better. Let's pray we don't have another rouge attack between then. "He chuckled to himself

"You're so morbid."

"You're so hot. Now that we've established that kiss me." He grabbed my face and pulled me to him. He bit my lip softly begging for access. I let him in further. He laid me back on the bed, his hand slowly making his way up my shirt. I was covered in goosebumps. Everywhere he touched left me on fire. It always made me jittery when he touched me like that.I broke away to say something. "No." He moaned and pulled me back to him.

I put my hand on his face and caressed it softly. I loved being with him like this, just the two of us together, no distractions, no fighting.

I thought back to it, in reality we only had two fights? But the last one was huge. So many things happened in that short amount of time. I wondered what things would be like if I didn't leave for NY.

Reid broke away. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just wondering, how different things would have been if I stayed in California, if I didn't leave for NY. I probably  would have taken you back that night. You would have found a way to convince me."

He reached out and touched my arm lightly. "I should have never lost sight of you that day."

I shook my head quickly. "No it wouldn't have changed anything, we would have gotten back together but I wouldn't have opened my heart to you any sooner. It took me so long to forgive you because I was trying not to be weak ok, I was trying not to run into your arms every five seconds. It was only when I realized I could lose you,  I snapped out of it. Nothing is worth losing you Reid."

"Cara after everything you've gone through, I don't think anyone is doubting your strength. Forgiving me does not show weakness-"

"Noooo." I sighed. "Don't you see, I was proving to myself that I could live without you. With Steven I was dependent on him for everything-emotionally and physically-, so no matter how badly he treated me I couldn't escape. I kept crawling back to him and eventually forgiving him because I had no other options. I was trying to make sure it wasn't the same scenario with you. In many ways I am dependent on you Reid. When we broke up, I had to make sure I could be able to leave a bad situation, if ever it came down to it....and I realized I could." Hurt deepened in my mate's eyes so I put out my hand to console him.

"I'm way stronger than that girl who left the base Reid. I needed to know that when we came back to each other, it was because I chose to... I had the opportunity to leave but yet I chose for myself to be with you.  I never had that before with Steven."

"Cara-"

"I'm not finished. I learned many things. I realize I am strong enough to depend on myself.  But without you I would be miserable. You are my mate and my best friend and the only person in the world that I can trust completely with my life. You help me navigate this new world and I'm better for having you in my life." I pecked him softly.  "I never want to be without you again Reid. Not for any period of time."

"Then you wont." We kissed. It seems that you're stuck with me." He stuck his tongue out.

"Like a bad habit." I grinned.

He sat up."You're comparing me to a bad habit. You're crazy."He grabbed my hand."Speaking of bad habits, when are you going to stop biting your nails?"

"Stop it!"I looked down at my nails. They were bitten down to the nub, on the verge of bleeding. Nervousness and boredom were the sole cause for my nails. I ripped my hand out of his hold.I jumped up from the bed."You want to talk to me about bad habits!"I went to his closet and went through his jackets. I found the one I was looking for and opened the jacket.Reid looked uncomprehendingly at me. I opened the inside pocket of his jacket and pulled out his cigarette pack."Ooh look what I have here." I dangled it in the air."The motherload of all bad habits."

His face gave way and he paled. "Shit. How'd you know?"

"I'm your mate."I teased. "I thought you stopped." Reid lunged for it but I sidestepped him quickly.He tried to dislodge it from my hand but I wouldn't give it to him. I took a cigarette out of the pack and held it between my lips."How do I look?"He took it out my mouth and picked me up. I laughed into his chest and hit him softly."Put me down, I'll scream!"

He took all my beatings and laughed carrying me down the stairs. I screamed loudly. Ashley peered out from the kitchen, clearly startled. She ducked back into the kitchen.

He carried me into the living room and dropped me on the couch. "What was that for?"

"That was for touching my cigarette pack. "He sat down next to me. "Cut me some slack it's been a stressful month and a half."

"Well how about you cut me some slack when I refuse to kiss you." I got up but his hand pushed me back down.

"Okay I'll stop." His eyes were playful but honest."Your lips taste better anyway." He leaned in to prove his point. He pulled away smiling.

"Point proven?"I blinked a few times.

He moved closer and let his hand rest on my upper thigh. "I don't know I have to try again just to make sure."

I blushed." I suppose so." I closed my eyes and handed myself over to his soft mouth. When he pulled away my whole face was flushed.

"Third time's the charm?" He winked suggestively but I pushed him away.

"You're the worst." I wrinkled my nose. The color faded in my cheeks and I was able to look at him finally.

He grinned to say, 'I know'. He looked at the clock. It was eight p.m. I was supposed to be home at seven. Where did all the time go?

"I can stay."

"No. You can't, you told me yourself that you are still grounded for another week. I have to get you home. Your dad is probably waiting up for you."

My phone rang strategically in that moment."Hi dad."I silenced Reid with my hand."Umm yeah I'm at Lisa's.Sorry we ran late watching a movie .Oh guess what Ashley's here! Yeah I was surprised, but she's going home tomorrow morning I think. Yeah okay I'll see you in fifteen minutes. Bye!"

I hung up on him. I turned to Reid and stopped. He was staring at me through narrow slits.

"What?!"

"You're at Lisa's house huh?"His narrow eyes stared at me accusingly. "He doesn't know we're together does he?"

Oh god. "I'm sorry, but you actually expected me to tell him?" He made a guttural noise that sounded like a mix between a cough and a laugh.

"Yes! I did. I'm not Lisa, I don't like it when you lie and tell him that you're at her house when you're not. "

"Ok I'll tell him."My eyes lit up."Or we could tell him together, whenyoucomeovermyhousefordinner."I said quickly.

His pupils undilated.He laughed. "No."

"Fine then I won't tell him."

"Fine."

I gave in."Ok I'll tell him."I batted my eyelashes slowly."I just um, I just wished the two of you could get along.You guys are both important people in my life and I want you guys to get along ok." I looked down at my nails hoping it would work.

"I know what you're trying to do," he said slowly, "and it's working". He kissed my cheek. "I'll do it."

I hugged him."Yay! Tomorrow ok?"

"Just head to the car before I change my mind."He kissed me quickly and ushered me out the door into the next chapters of our relationship.

*Update*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 2.3K 36
*Mature content and sexual references* Yasmin grew up with everything she wanted, two loving parents, an extravagant house, flashy clothes and depend...
29 1 7
Blood Lust - Where It All Started In the shadowed alleys of a city steeped in secrets, whispers linger like ghosts in the night, hinting at the pre...
308 231 19
Ana is a sweet, beautiful and smart girl. All her life she was emotionally abused. She grew up with a broken family. She never saw it coming when Xav...
18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...