Talex Who (Tobin/You)

By MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

15

7.9K 133 18
By MackenzieGrace21

Y/N
-

I groan as I stand defensively in front of Tobin as we scrimmage each other, since, you know, we're in Orlando, Pride wanted to scrimmage, and yeah, as a middie, I should probably be doing this, but like, she's in the attacking third, my defenders should be doing this. I look up at Tobin and see her looking right back at me and squeak as she winks at me at the same that she megs me.

"Rude!" I yell after Tobin as she runs circles around the girls on my team and fall to the ground when I'm run over by someone.

"Oh my god, Y/N." Alex says and I just stay on the ground, trying to catch my breath "Y/N." Alex says and I sigh, rolling over onto my back as I feel her kneel by me.

"Chill, Lex, I'm good." I say as I feel a knee softly hit my shoulder and see Tobin looking down at me, worry in her eyes. I reach my hand up for her to take and smile up at her when she takes it, panting as well, because she stays doing the most.

"Don't scare us like that." Tobin and Alex say and I nod.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm alright, baby." I say and kiss Tobin's hand before letting her and Alex help me back onto my feet. "Just kinda got used to the vacation life." I say and Tobin nods.

"I told you we should've been training more than we were."

"And I told you that we're in Florida, not Oregon, we deserve a break, you deserve a vacation." I say and Tobin smiles.

"Yeah, no, there's no vacation at our level." Ashlyn says and I sigh.

"Let a rookie dream, Ash." I say and she shrugs.

"You're not a rookie. Just a new kid." Ashlyn says and I roll my eyes as we all walk to the bench to rest.

The next day, as Tobin and I are training with the Pride again, this time in the gym, I groan as my arms start screaming for me to stop with the ropes while Alex screams for me to do the exact opposite, so I listen to Alex instead of my own body.

"One more minute! One more minute! You're almost there! You got this! Keep it up!" Alex yells, standing behind me as Tobin watches from where Ashlyn is forcing her to do squats. "Alright, rest for a second and then get up." Alex says and I drop the ropes and lean back against Alex's knees while I wait for the feeling to return to my arms, after a few seconds, I'm hefted up to my feet and I look at Alex. "Don't look at me like that, come on, we're going outside."

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm going to work your ass of like you told me to and what I say goes because you made me your temporary trainer."

"Why do you hate me?" I ask as I'm dragged outside by my limp arm.

"I do this because I love you." Alex says and I roll my eyes.

"And rapists stick around to raise the child they made." I say and Alex glares at me. "What? I think I'd rather run barefoot on a bed of legos than do this." I say as I put my shin pads and cleats on next to Alex as she does the same.

"Stop." Alex says and I sigh, but follow her onto the pitch where hell awaits. The scariest looking fitness track ever. How'd she even get track hurdles?

"Why do you have hurdles for track?"

"Why not?"

"Because this is Orlando Pride FC. Not Team USA track." I say and Alex shrugs.

"Too bad, get going on that." Alex says and I look from the shit that awaits me, back to Alex,

"Um, no? I had a great breakfast, and I'd love to keep it in my stomach, thanks." I say and Alex sighs.

-
Alex
-

"Is Tobin even going to have to do this?" Y/N asks and I roll my eyes.

"Are you Tobin?"

"No."

"Then don't worry about Tobin, you worry about you, Tobin worries about Tobin, at least for now. Now go. Trust me, you do this regularly and you'll thank me."

"How do you know? Do you do it?"

"Fuck no."

"Then how do you know I won't die?" Y/N asks and I sigh.

"Would I kill you?"

"No."

"Exactly." I say and Y/N sighs before starting on what I've got set up for her with a ball at her feet. When she finishes, she jogs back over to me and I look at her as she tries to stop. "Two more times." I say before she can even open her mouth to ask what next and watch her as she does it twice more and take her back into the gym to have her do some work with the larger medicine balls.

"Oh god, nope, no, Tobin, come on, we're going home." Y/N says when she sees the ball and I chuckle, stopping her by her collarbone, knowing her shoulders are sore, and that this would stop her in her tracks. "Ow, fuck. Okay, I'll stay," Y/N says and I nod.

"You know what to do on this, I'll do it with you just to make you feel better." I say and Y/N sighs, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks." She deadpans and I smile, setting my water down as well as my phone and watch her pick up the ball and work with her when she decides to start. Thirty reps later, I set the ball down and put Y/N on the treadmill for a while at half a speed higher than I know she can run. Come on, I'm not a jackass that would put it up three speeds higher, she'd hate me for that, that'd probably put her out for this season, I'm trying to help my friend, not hurt the Thorns.

"Alright, Y/N," I say as I approach the treadmill again and she glances over. "You can turn it off and get off. We're going to go outside and do full pitch sprints." I say and watch as Y/N silently gets off the treadmill and follows me outside.

"Are we really doing full pitch sprints?" Y/N asks after she finishes an entire 32 oz. bottle on her own.

"No."

"Then what are we doing?"

"Planks, crunches, etc."

"So you're not entirely sure yet."

"Exactly." I say and she sighs, getting up off of the bench, and nodding.

"So what first."

"Wow, I'm glad to see you not fighting it anymore." I say and Y/N sighs.

"I neither have the energy nor will power to fight with you anymore." Y/N says and I nod.

"Good to know." I say and look at Y/N as she lays on the ground on her back. "But let's start with planks."

"Just regular ones or the evil ones."

"The evil ones?"

"Yeah where you go from elbows to hands and repeat?"

"Yeah, we're doing those."

"Shit, alright." She says before rolling onto her stomach. "Wait, how many?"

"Uh, how many can you do?"

"Good question."

"We'll see as we go then." I say and she nods before starting. About a minute later, her arms start to get wobbly, so I tell her to stop and watch her roll onto her back and hold a full bottle over her, pointing the nozzle at her, smiling as she opens her mouth so I can squirt some water into her mouth, which I do, and all over her face and chest. It's not like I did it on purpose, it's just I have better aim with my feet than I do with a bottle of water. I set the bottle back down and help Y/N up. "Now you're doing the sprints." I say and she groans, but does them anyway, since the mess I made for Y/N's fitness course was cleaned up by some of the girls.

"How many?"

"Six." I say and she sighs, but starts running. On her fourth one, Tobin, Ashlyn and Ali come out and stand next to me as I cheer Y/N on.

"Come on! You can do it!" Ashlyn yells as she finishes the first half of her fifth one.

"Come on, babe, I believe in you!" Tobin encourages as she passes us to finish the fifth one fully, and as she passes again, we start clapping for her and move to the end of the pitch that she'll finish on, and when she does, she hunches over, placing her hands on her knees and panting.

"Alright." I say and Y/N holds her finger up, so I stay quiet. After a second, Y/N walks off and I sigh, knowing exactly what's coming.

"Alex, Alex." Tobin says and I nod.

"I know, I'm going to go get some Gatorade and pickle juice from the trainers, one of you three get a bottle and fill it." I say before jogging to the training room.

"Alex, hey." Will says and I smile. "What's up?"

"I need Gatorade and pickle juice." I say and Will furrows his brow.

"Why? You look fine." He says and I sigh.

"Y/N doesn't." I say and he nods, handing me what I need, so I jog back out to see Y/N drinking the water and I go and give her the Gatorade and pickle juice. "I know you hate pickles, but it might help." I say and Y/N looks up at me.

"It'll make me throw up again." She says and I sigh. "But I'll drink it, my leg is cramping up so bad right now, but I have so little energy that I'm just letting it happen." Y/N says before drinking the Gatorade and waiting a minute before throwing back the pickle juice, and she was right. Once she was done, she tried to sit on the bench, but missed, and just kinda, fell on the floor, not exactly limp, but she also didn't try to fight gravity. She wasn't dead or unconscious is what I'm trying to say. I kneel next to her as Tobin runs to get some more water for Y/N.

"Are you okay?" I ask and she just looks up at me, so I sit next to her and put her head in my lap, using the towel Ali handed me to wipe the sweat and vomit from her face.

"That was fun." Y/N says after Tobin comes back with the water and I get some of that water into Y/N. "Let's do it again." Y/N continues and I sigh.

"Let's not. You look like shit, Y/N/N." I say and she groans.

"I feel like it too, Baby Horse." Y/N says and I smile a little down at my friend as she blinks up at me, completely exhausted. "If you weren't a professional soccer player, I'd totally hire you as my personal trainer." Y/N says and I chuckle a little.

"So you're thanking me for working your ass off." I say and she nods.

"You were so right. I feel great."

"Yeah, for now, you psycho." Ashlyn says and Y/N flips her off lazily. "In the morning you'll regret existing."

"True."

"You could always get an ice bath." Ali says and Y/N scoffs.

"Who do you think I am? Carli? I'm a California baby, I don't know what cold is. I hate the cold." Y/N says and Tobin chuckles.

"Come on, you tired baby, let's get you back to the hotel so you can sleep this off, and then when you wake up, we'll go back to Miami to say bye to your sister and your niece, and then come back here to say bye to the girls so we can fly home to Oregon, where you can push yourself to train like that all the time." Tobin says and Y/N smiles lazily. I help Tobin get Y/N to Y/N's insanely lavish Range Rover and hand Tobin their bags, since Ali brought them out for them. Once Y/N is settled into the passenger's seat, Tobin comes back around to the front of the car, with the car's keys in hand, and hugs us all. "See you in a couple days." Tobin says and we all nod, watching Tobin climb into the car and start it before backing out of the parking space Y/N parked in a couple hours ago before Tobin drives off, so we go back into the stadium to gather our things so we can leave, we were only here so we could all work out, but since we've been here for almost two hours, and two of our original five are leaving town probably immediately if it's up to Y/N, which it will be, let's be honest, Y/N will hit Tobin with that pout and Tobin will jump all over packing and driving to Miami as soon as they get to the hotel.

-
Tobin
-

When we get to the hotel, Y/N is feeling a little better, but I still help her up to the room and lay her on the bed, where she crashes almost instantly, so I shower real fast, change into some comfortable clothes that I can travel in before packing my bag and pick out something for Y/N to wear after she gets her shower when she wakes up from her nap, and once that's done, I lay in bed behind her and wrap her in my arms as she sleeps, about a half hour after that, Y/N stirs and sits up before disappearing into the bathroom without a word to me, so I assume she had to pee, because it's not like she was feverish or anything, so she couldn't still be throwing up, she would've been doing it in the car and in here too. A few minutes later, Y/N comes back out and stretches.

"I'm going to shower, do you need to use the bathroom?" She asks and I shake my head, watching as she sleepily pads back into the bathroom to shower, when she comes out, she's wrapped in only a towel as she approaches what I've set out for her, so as she gets dressed, I go and gather her things from the bathroom and pack her things up for her as well, since she went back to the bathroom to brush her teeth after stealing her toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash from me on her way past me. When she comes out, she packs those things and comes over to me, planting a quick peck on the lips. "Ready to go?" She asks and I nod.

"You sound better." I point out and she nods.

"I feel great. A little sore, but I left my Advil in the car, I'll take one of those so my body doesn't completely tighten up on me overnight, that would not be fun." Y/N says and I smile, stealing a quick kiss from her before we grab our things and leave the hotel room to check out and head back to Miami to say bye to her sister and niece before we come back to Orlando to say bye to the girls until the next boot camp, which shouldn't be too far away from now. In the car, since Y/N didn't want to drive, Y/N gets comfy in the passenger's seat as I pull onto the highway to take us to Miami.

-

In Miami, Y/N smiles as she holds her niece, and I smile at the sight because it's cute AF.

"So next time you guys are in Florida, let us know, we'll go up to Orlando, or just stop by for a visit, I won't mind, I don't think Bri would either." Lydia says, tickling her daughter's back.

"Sounds good." I say and walk to the side a bit with Lydia as she pulls me away from Y/N and Bri.

"Why does my sister look so pale?" She asks and I chuckle.

"We were in Orlando earlier, training, and she let Alex push her too hard."

"Did she pass out? Is she okay?" Lydia worries and I put a hand on her shoulder.

"She just threw up and got a little loopy. Alex stopped the training as soon as Y/N started throwing up. Y/N is alright now. Just tired still, so Y/N and I are headed back to Orlando to tell the girls bye and then we're going back to Portland so we can get ready for our Preseason, and the upcoming boot camp in a couple of weeks." I explain and Lydia nods.

"You guys should take the Range Rover."

"Yeah, we were thinking of doing that. Cross country road trip, just the two of us, could be fun."

"You'd have more time together than on a plane." Lydia says and I nod.

"It's all up to Y/N." I say and Lydia nods.

"Hey, Y/N/N." Lydia says and Y/N looks over.

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you take a road trip home?" Lydia asks and Y/N shrugs.

"Alright."

-

When Y/N and I get home, she parks the Rover in the driveway behind her car and we get out, taking our things into the house as Sortzen sleeps in the back seat, once my bag is inside, I go outside to get Sortzen, since Y/N disappeared to the bathroom right off the bat, once Sortzen is in the back yard, I let him off his leash and smile as he starts running around to burn all that energy he couldn't on our way home. I close the back door and go up to the room to see Y/N laying on the bed, just completely spread out, and I smile and go crawl up to her and kiss her softly.

"Why don't you get some rest? I'll unpack everything and get everything ready for laundry day tomorrow." I say and Y/N yawns before getting into bed without changing out of the clothes she's in, I smile again and kiss her forehead before going down stairs to unpack our things and put our clothes in the laundry room so I can wash it all in the morning, before letting Sortzen back in and grin when I see that he's burnt all that energy off already. "Come on, boy, let's go to bed." I say, walking up stairs with him to the bedroom where he curls up on Y/N's feet while I change into my pajamas before crawling into bed and pull Y/N close, letting myself fall asleep as well.

In the morning, I smile as I wake up before Y/N and take Sortzen out back for a bit while I put the first load of laundry to wash, and as I leave the laundry room, Y/N passes and I follow her into the kitchen and wrap her in my arms as she looks in the fridge for something and kiss her shoulder.

"Good morning." I say and she chuckles a little.

"You're all lovey dovey. More so than usual." Y/N says and I shrug.

"Don't ask why." I say and she laughs.

"Why?"

"I don't know, I'm just in a lovey dovey mood." I say and she turns around, wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me softly.

"Well, I like this lovey dovey mood of yours, it's cute." Y/N says and I kiss her again.

About a week and a half after Y/N and I got home, we were flying out to New York for boot camp.

"We just got home though." Y/N whines as she parks her other car at the airport and I sigh, kissing her hand after taking it.

"I know, but now we get to see all our WNT friends." I say and she sighs, nodding.

"True." She says before we get out and grab our bags, heading into the airport to check in for our flight before going through security so we could get to our gate to wait for our flight that showed up about fifteen minutes after we showed up.

When we landed in New York, we took a cab to the hotel and met with Jill in the lobby, where she handed us a key each.

"You two are roommates, no funny business." She says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Funny business?"

"No obnoxiously loud sex at 2 in the morning." Jill clarifies and we nod, even though we don't go past making out. We go up to our room and get settled before we hear Moe yelling in the hall about a meeting with Jill in ten minutes, so we go to where Moe yelled about the meeting being at, and just waited for everyone, the meeting was the usual meeting that we have before boot camp actually officially starts. You know, the whole 'do your best, push yourself, and just remember that you're all special and excellent in our own ways.' That kind of meeting. Nothing besides the normal, so after the meeting, we're all released to go get dinner, so most of us decide to get food as a team, or, as a squad of starters. Minus Jaelin, we were all scared that Y/N would try something, or start talking shit, plus Jaelin said she was going to stay in and order Dominos and work it off in the morning. Which was fine by Y/N, she was 99.99% sure that Jaelin would be throwing up in the morning during practice.

"No, seriously." Y/N says and I just watch her talk with the girls. "My mom thought that the bruise where a ball hit me on the collarbone my sophomore year was a hickey. Like, she grounded me and everything, until my sister showed her the replay of where I got nailed in goal." Y/N says and I chuckle with the team.

"I still don't believe that," Alex says and Y/N shrugs.

"Believe what you want, it happened." Y/N says and I smile, kissing her temple, catching Ali's eyes as she watches us.

"What?" I ask and Ali smiles

"You guys are cute together." Ali says and Ashlyn and Y/N look over at us and then between us.

"Thanks." Y/N and I say and Ali smiles, resting her head on Ashlyn's shoulder.

In the morning, I wake up to jumping on the bed and look up to see Alex and Y/N jumping on the bed, so I kick Alex's feet out from under her and let her take Y/N down with her before pushing Alex off of the bed and turning over to hide my face in Y/N's chest.

"Ah, you bitch." Alex says before she jumps on me.

"Come on, get up baby." Y/N says and I sigh before getting up and getting ready for practice.

During practice, we all work hard, like, borderline, Y/N a couple weeks ago hard. Jaelin worked twice as hard, and Y/N was right, Jaelin blew chunks worse than the girl from Pitch Perfect. And everyone that was at dinner last night owed Y/N $20. I don't owe anything because I didn't agree, or disagree, just simply kissed her hand to make her drop the subject.

After practice, where Y/N worked her ass off in goal with Ashlyn, she sprawled out on the bed, groaning on about her pains, but absolutely refused to get in an ice bath, so I tracked Carli down.

"Hey, Tobs." Carli says, smiling and I smile back.

"Hey, Carli." I say, sitting next to her as she sets her phone down.

"What's up?" She asks and I sigh.

"Y/N is hurting, but refusing to get in an ice bath." I say and Carli raises an eyebrow.

"Okay."

"I have a proposition for you." I say and she nods.

"Go on." She says and I nod.

"She's asleep right now, and I know you're about to get in the ice bath."

"Say no more, just help me get her the pool and into the ice bath after I put the ice in the bath." Carli says and I nod.

-

After a while, Carli texts me saying that she's ready, so I open the door for her so she can hold the door for me while I carry Y/N out of the room and into the elevator so we can get to the pool, where the ice bath is set up. Once we get to the tub, I drop her in and step back as she snaps awake and sits up out of the ice water with a gasp.

-
Y/N
-

"Fuck!" I yell out, looking around to see Carli and Tobin standing in front of me, and I look down at the annoying ass cold surrounding me and sigh when I see that I'm in an ice bath, but move over when Carli starts to get in next to me. "I hate you both so much right now." I say and Tobin smiles at me.

"I don't want you to hurt." She says before sitting next to the tub, since it doesn't really look like this tub could hold three people, so I just slip back down to where just my head is above the water, while Carli looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You're strange." She says and I tilt my head to the side.

"You're just now realizing that?"

"No, I'm just voicing it now."

"Thanks, Carli."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 370 16
after spending over 2 years abroad in paris tobin left the us and never looked back but after a call up from jill for the 2015 world cup tobins ready...
30.9K 371 37
Alex decides last minute that she wants to go and attend UNC instead of UCAL like her mother and sisters. When Alex leaves she leaves on a sour note...
192K 5.1K 59
"Remember I said I didn't love you? I lied." "Me too."
27.4K 689 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...