Forgotten Love

By Blossom_Peaches

Sequel to My Brother's Best Friend.. It's been five years since the day that Zac Sanders left Sophie Danvers... More

----A/N----
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Extra Chapter

Chapter 5

95.9K 2.4K 691
By Blossom_Peaches

Dedicated to elenaovesyuhh! Thank you for commenting, voting and supporting my story!

Zac's P.O.V

"Hunny? hunny, wake up. We're here." I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. The plane had landed and Paige was looking over me, laughing at my hair no doubt.

"Ok, I'm up." I grumbled and she giggled.

"Sort out your hair." She said still giggling. "I'm so excited." She grinned. "Seeing the place you grew up in, where you went to school." We may have been together for a while but she hadn't actually met my parents yet either. My parents had been doing better for the last five years but they haven't actually spoken to me much, it's like their mad at me for some unknown reason.

"Zac, tomorrow you're a guest at the your old school for the music assembly." Robert reminded me as we walked over to collect our bags before going through arrivals.

"Sure." I yawned. It must be like 2am here, I really could use a good nights sleep.

"Oh hunny, aren't you excitied to see your old friends." Paige said linking her arm through mine. I smiled down at her.

"Some of them." I admitted. "I'm not sure how they will react to me being back." I said thinking about one person in particular.

"They'll be fine." She tried reassuring me. "I'm sure it'll just be shock." She knew about Sophie and I, about our relationship and the promise I had broken to her. We had been friends for about a two years before we started dating and that was only because the media posted a rumor about it so we played along but somewhere, we forgot to stop the game and became an actual couple.

"Get some rest Zac, I'll see you in the morning." My manager said getting into a different taxi. I just nodded, too tired to say anything. Tomorrow should bring back some memories.

*********************************

"Ready for this?" Robert, my manager, asked standing at my side. I nodded.

Walking through the halls brought back too many memories. My old locker right next to Sophie's, the make-out session's we had there. The football field where I had memories with my old friends and where we won a football match against one of the most competitive school's and Sophie and I celebrated after everyone left.

"Zacy?" Snapping out of my thought's I looked down at Paige. She knew this was hard on me and I knew she could see the memories flashing through my mind. I'm with Paige now, focus on Paige, she deserves better.

"I'm ready." I smiled and leaned down to kiss to her quickly before my name was called out over the micro phone.

"Zac Sanders!" I walked out and the room erupted into cheers. I walked to where the guy was stood and I had to look twice when I saw Sophie's friend Andy. I shook his hand and he had a tight grip and a glare on his face when the students couldn't see, damn, he wasn't happy with me.

I started my talk that I had practiced on the plane before falling asleep. The students were in awe and star struck to believe that I was actually here which made me laugh, six years ago that was me sitting in that crowd and now look at me.

An hour later the bell, the same familar bell, rang and students rushed out of class, no doubt to spread the gossip. Robert and Paige walked out just as the headteacher and Andy walked toward me on the middle of the stage.

"Well, I must say, it's a honor to have you back Zac." The head said grining and shaking my hand.

"It's a pleasure to be back sir." I said truthfully.

"The student's really seemed to respond to you, if your in town for a while maybe you could stop in some of our lesson's?" He asked and I nodded which cause Andy to glare harder. "See you soon." He smiled and walked off. I turned to face Andy and smiled at him.

"Long time hey?" I said trying to lighten the mood. Didn't work.

"Yeah, long time." He replied bitterly.

"Sooooo," I said awkwardly.

"I'm Paige." Paige chirped in excitiedly. "Zac's fiancee." She said holding out her hand. He looked taken back and shocked for a second but covered it with a glare in my direction.

"Pleasure." He replied to her but continued to stare at me. "I have to leave." He said and left not taking the hand Paige had offered. I watched him leave, hoping everyone doesn't act like this. I sighed knowing I wasn't going to get much luck. They loved Sophie and I hurt her, of course they hate me.

"Come on baby, I'm sure they'll warm up." Paige whispered and I allowed her to lead me out.

*******

I walked up the driveway nervously. I mean I was literally shaking in my boots and my plams were sweating. I had spoken to him on the phone but seeing him in person was a whole new thing. Paige stayed at the hotel, not wanting to interrupt our moment, as she called it.

I knocked on the door and my heart felt like it was beating way too fast in my chest. Breathe, just breathe, I thought to myself as the door opened. When I looked, I didn't see anybody there and I frowned.

"Down here mister." A small voice called. I looked down to see a small girl at around the age of four frowning up at me with her arms crossed. She had dark brown hair and big brown eyes. She looked familar but I shook it off. Huh, I don't remember Matt telling me he had kids? Is this even the right house?

"Hey." I said frowning back at her.

"What do you want?" She asked. I was about to open my mouth to answer her when footsteps rushed over from behind the door.

"Abby. How many times have I told you not to answer the door. Your mum will spaz out at me." I heard Matt's voice before I saw his face.

"Sorry." She smiled up at him before running off.

"Sorry about-Zac?" he asked looking shocked to see me.

"Surprise!" I yelled.

"Dude." He said hugging me. "I didn't think you were coming for another three weeks?" He said sounding nervous and unsure.

"I know but I didn't have anything going on so I thought you might want help with the wedding or something." I shrugged.

"Oh, well, yeah.." He trailed off and held the door open for me to step through.

"So how have you been?" I asked when he led me into their kitchen.

"I've been-Abby Maria!" He shouted and cursed under his breath before sprinting outside. I followed after him. "Abby, put the hosepipe down." Matt warned her but she just smiled innocently and pointed it in his direction.

"Abby, no, mummy won't be happy." A little boy ran over to stand by Matt. The boy looked similar to the girl but with lighter hair. I looked shocked at the children. Why hadn't Matt told me he had kids?

"Fine." The little girl huffed and threw down the hosepipe. When the pipe hit the floor, it decided to go off on its own soaking Matt and the little boy.

"Abby!" Matt yelled again and the little girl ran off. I quickly went over and turned to hosepipe off and stared at Matt.

"I loved this top!" The little boy frowned looking down at his basketball shirt.

"Thanks Zac, sorry about her, she's a little trouble maker." He said picking up the boy. "Come on Wilson, let's change these clothes. Zac, could you keep an eye on Abby for me?" He asked already walking back to the back door.

"S-sure." I replied unsure and started looking around the garden for her. I couldn't find her, I looked in the shed, the little toy house, sandpit...nowhere. "Abby?" I called out. "Abby, where are you?" I asked again as I started pulling at my hair. I was never good with kids.

"Matt's gunna kill me." I whispered and kept shearching. I walked past some trees and heard a giggle. I stopped and walked back two steps. "Abby?" Another giggle. I looked up and found her sitting over the edge of a branch. "Abby, what are you doing up there?" Yep, he's gunna kill me.

"What's your name?" She asked me.

"Zac. Now will you come down?" She shook her head smiling. Damn kids.

"Nope. Who are you?"

"I'm here for the wedding, I'm the best man." I answered her and her mouth formed a O shape.

"Oh, the pig man." She replied giggling and I looked at her confused.

"Pig man?" I asked and she continued to giggly.

"That's what mummy calls you...she call's you other names aswell but I'm not allow to repeat them words." She said curling in her lips.

"Right." I said shaking my head. "Now will you come down." She crossed her arms and shook her head.

"I haven't seen you before." She stated, how old was this kid?

"No." I answered even though she didn't ask a question.

"Why?" She said tilting her head to the side.

"I've been busy, I haven't had the chance to visit." I said starting to freak out, Matt's going to be here any minute.

"No." She shook her head and I frowned up at her. "You had the chance, you just didn't take it. Everybody has a choice and a chance. You just have to look harder and make room. You may have seemed busy but looking back you realise you had plenty of time, you just either didn't want to or didn't bother. You had the chance, you chose not to." She replied with a proud grin.

I thought back about what she said. I suppose I could have visited over christmas, birthdays...dammit, she was right.

"How old are you?"

"One..two...three..four." She replied counting her fingers and giggling.

"Four." I muttered.

"Abby!"

"Crap." I muttered again when I heard Matt coming back. "Abby, come down now please?" I asked desperately.

"Fine." She huffed. She looked around and back at me. "I can't." She whimpered.

"What? Sure you can."

"No, I can't, I'm too high up." She said, her voice shaky. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair nervously. "Mummy was right."

"Where's Abby?" Matt said with Wilson on his hip. I looked up and he followed my gaze before cursing under his breath. "Abby, what did your mother tell you this morning about climbing trees?"

"I'm sorry. I want to come down, I'm too high." She cried.

"Ok, listen too me sweetie. I need you to turn around and put your foot in the hole in the tree right there. Can you do that?" Matt asked and she nodded. We watched her carefully turn around and her foot searched for the hole.

She found it and went to losen her grip on the tree to grab the one below it, only her foot slipped out off the tree and she fell. I quickly ran underneath her and held my arms out to catch her. Lucky, I caught her before she could land and break her legs.

"Thanks Zac." Matt blew out a sigh of relief while Abby cried into my chest.

"My leg." She cried. I shifted her so I carried her like a baby and looked at her leg. She had a huge scratch running from her knee to her foot and it was gushing blood. I held her tight so she couldn't see it and looked at Matt.

"You're going to be fine Abby." I whispered. "We're going to have to get her stitches." Matt nodded and I followed him to his car.

The whole journey Abby cried while her brother soothed her in the back and Matt was constantly cursing under his breath and running his hand through his hair. I was going to ask him if he's ok but I've known him for far too long to know that he'll only snap or get too worked up and start freaking out.

Instead, I waited until we pulled up infront of A&E. I carried Wilson inside behind Matt who rushed Abby to the front desk. The nurse took one look at her leg before rushing to find a doctor. She came back one minute later and the doctor took her from Matt.

"I'll be back." Matt said fishing out his phone and walking towards the way we just came. I look down at Wilson who was sat on the chair to find him staring back at me curiously.

"You ok kid?" I asked.

"Do I know you?" He asked tilting his head. I frowned and shook my head.

"Sorry man, first time home in five years."

"Oh," He said looking at his feet. "Is Abby going to be ok?" He asked.

"Your sister is going to be fine. I'm pretty sure she'll have a scar but she'll be good as new." I smiled trying to cheer him up.

"Mummy's going to be mad." He said just Matt walked through the door.

"Don't remind me, she's going chop my hands off when she gets here." Matt muttered sitting oposite us.

"How long will she be?" Wilson asked.

"Any minute now..."Matt trailed. Two seconds later the doors opened and Kat came rushing in. Matt stood up and hugged her.

"How is she?" She asked hugging him back.

"She's fine, just a few stitches." He said pulling back. Huh, not the reaction I was expecting after Matt's nerous break down about it.

"Hey Wilson." Kat said shaking his hair. He smiled up at her and was swinging his legs back and forth.

"Where's mummy?" He asked as I looked up at Kat confused.

"She's coming sweetie." She said and turned to Matt. Kat isn't the mother? "She's not happy." Matt sighed. Kat then noticed me sitting next to Wilson and her eyes grew the size of saucers. "Zac?" She asked shocked.

"Yes?"

"Oh my god, oh my god...What's he doing here?" She whispered yelled at Matt.

"He just showed up." He defended.

"You're a dead man. Shit, she's going to freak." Kat said putting her hands on her forehead. Before they could say anything else Wilson shot up from his seat and ran towards to the doors.

"Mummy!" He cheered. I looked up and saw the women bend down to his height and hug him. Her blond hair fell over her face as she picked him up, checking him for injuries.

"Help me." I heard Matt whisper to Kat before pulling her infront of him.

I stayed silent the whole time as the woman got closer. She had pulled her hair out of her face as she put her hand on Wilson's forehead. The air got knocked out of me when I realised that the woman who that boy just called mummy was Sophie.

---------------------

Comment,Vote,Fan!

:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.3K 25
[Completed] Sophie Meyers isn’t the happiest girl in the block because much to her dismay, her mother got herself remarried just months after her fat...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
53.5K 1.3K 57
Meet Carly-Jay shes a triplet and has 7 other siblings, she has had a hard life bullied at school even her own mother hated her because of the way sh...
48.5K 1.6K 18
*Sequel to Inevitable Moments* Not many people get second chances in life. And if you do, what would you do with it if it was another chance at love...