Angels and Demons

By Dragon_Ryder

[Book 1 out of 3 of Angels and Demons] [Lab Rats x Reader] "I-I'm sorry." ~~~~~ A ruthless killing machine, t... More

Prologue
New Student
Touring the Bionic Academy
Parallel Universe Flashback
It's Called a Hustle
Paperman
Churros, Sneaking out, and Punishments
Guilty Feelings and Surprises
Left Behind
Under Siege
Bionic Dog
Mission Mania
Simulation Manipulation
Forbidden Hero
Spider Island
Spike vs. Spikette vs. Lucy
Lab Rats vs. Mighty Med P.1
Lab Rats vs. Mighty Med P.2
Space Elevator
Bionic Action Hero P.1
Bionic Action Hero P.2
One Of Us
Bob Zombie
Human Eddy
The Curse of the Screaming Skull
On the Edge: P.1
On the Edge: P.2
Ultimate Tailgate Challenge
And Then They Were Four
Space Colony P.1
Space Colony P.2
The Vanishing P.1

The Vanishing P.2

4.8K 120 269
By Dragon_Ryder

- Chapter Thirty-Two -

"What's going on?" Mr. Davenport asked, completely lost.

"Oh, [Name] here, was working with me the whole time. She was going to eliminate you all, but I thought it would be better if I did that here. She's the best of the best, her and Marcus are my best soldiers I have ever created," Giselle smiled.

You looked at Mr. Davenport and seen the disappointment in his eyes. Douglas looked enraged as he pointed his gun at you. The Davenport trio were stunned, the mixer of sadness, surprise, and disappoint crossed their features. Though, they all had one look in common and that was betrayal.

"What's wrong, Dad?" Marcus asked Douglas. "No hug, no 'Good to see you.' Where's the love?"

Douglas then pointed his gun at Giselle. "How is this possible?"

Chase then flicked his gaze off you towards Giselle. "Yeah. We saw you get crushed under the mountain of rubble."

"When I was making my 'movie', Douglas couldn't stop bragging about his greatest creation ever," Giselle walked past the Davenport trio, "an android with bionic speed, strength, and intellect. I spent so much time trying to steal Chase's intelligence, I completely overlooked the fact that Marcus already had it. So I dug him up, and reassembled him, piece by piece."

"We should try that with Grandma Davenport," Adam stated looking at his siblings.

"Marcus' bionic intelligence gives him a photographic memory, which means he remembers everything from his past, and boy does he have an ax to grind with you Douglas," Giselle smiled.

"Me?!" Douglas asked, pointing to himself. "Why me? Leo was the one who hated you!"

"Me?!" Leo asked. "Uh, yeah, that's true."

"When they attacked me, you ran away," Marcus pointed at Douglas. "You were my creator, and you left me to die."

"Well, to be fair, I didn't think you'd be coming back." Douglas explained.

"Alright, Marcus, I think it's time we finish you for good," Mr. Davenport stated, rasing his gun.

With a flick of a wrist, Marcus knocked the guns out of Douglas' and Mr. Davenport's hands.

Giselle smiled walking to Douglas. "You don't stand a chance against us. I upgraded Marcus' technology, and made him more powerful than ever."

Leo then walked forward. "Well, he's gonna have to be more powerful, because they are four of us now," Leo explained, stepping face to face with Marcus. "That's right, bushy brow. I'm bionic now, too."

"Seriously?" Marcus asked unamused

"It's just his little arm," Giselle informed.

"And my little leg," Leo added, walking back over to his siblings.

"It doesn't matter how powerful you are. We took you out once, and we'll do it again," Chase stated. "Get him!"

Marcus rose in the air, shooting blue electric volts at the siblings, making them fly back. You stood in the back watching as Mr. Davenport and Douglas ran over to them.

"Nice work," Giselle complimented.

"Thanks mom," Marcus stated.

"Don't call me that. We're not there yet," Giselle stated.

"Okay," Marcus replied as you rolled your eyes.

~~~~~

You and Marcus had taken the siblings with the other students while they were knocked out unconscious. It had made things easier in many ways. As you put them with the others, Marcus had taken Daniel out as you went back to the lab, not ready to see Daniel yet. You and Marcus also tied up Douglas and Mr. Davenport in chairs. You stood by the enterance with an unfaze expression. Giselle then walked over to her desk and turned the screen on, commumicating to the siblings.

"Well now that everyone's here, we can finally get this party started," Giselle stated. "You're inside my induction chamber. When activated, it emits an electromagnetic wave so powerful it'll melt your bionic chips right through your necks," she explained. "Once your chips are destroyed, we'll finally be rid of bionic humans, forcing the world to turn to turn to my bionic androids."

You then heard Chase's voice on the other end. "If your androids are so much bettee than us, why do you have to destroy our chips at all?"

"I don't," Giselle replied. "I just wanna watch you suffer a slow and painful death." Giselle then pressed a button, melting their bionic chips. "Oh, good. Looks like the pain is starting to set in."

"You don't have to do this," Mr. Davenport stated as Giselle walked over to him. "We can make a deal. What do you like, leather jackets? I'll buy you as many as you want. Better yet, I probably have some that will fit you."

"The only thing I want is to watch your face as I melt their chips," Giselle stated as she leaned forward, placing her hands on either side of him. "Why don't I turn up the volume, so you can hear every last one of their screams."

Mr. Davenport tried to lean forward but couldn't since he was restrained to the chair making Giselle laugh as Douglas spoke. "Giselle! You're clearly acting out because we're no longer dating," he explained as Giselle stood in front of him. "It's okay. You can have me back." Giselle gave him a confused look as he talked. "I mean, yeah, you're a psychopath, but I've dated worse."

You scoffed, rolling your eyes as Giselle spoke. "Douglas, how rude of me. Here I am, providing a show for your brother, and you don't get to see anything," Giselle leaned forward towards Douglas. "Lets fix that. Bring him in, Marcus."

Giselle stood up as Marcus came came in, with Daniel struggling against his grasp.

"Hey, get off of me! Dad!" Daniel exclaimed.

"Now you can both watch your kids as they beg for mercy," Giselle smiled.

"Get your hands off my son!" Douglas commanded Marcus.

"Your son? You mean like I was your son?" Marcus asked.

"Wait? He's my brother?!" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, but not for long," Marcus stated as he tossed Daniel across the room.

"Marcus, please. Stop," Douglas begged.

"Are you kidding?" Marcus asked Douglas. "I can do this all day, and I think I will."

Just as Marcus was about to walk forward, an alarm went off making Giselle walk over to her desk as well as Marcus. "I'll go take care of them."

"No! Let them get their hopes up," Giselle stated as he grabbed her whip. "They won't get far."

Giselle walked out as you seen Daniel pick up a pipe, ready to hit Marcus. You had no intentions of stopping Daniel, you just watched. Daniel yelled as he hit Marcus with the pipe, which didn't faze Marcus, but it did faze the pipe bending it.

"What do you know? You broke my pipe!" Daniel stated as Marcus walked forward, making Daniel drop the pipe.

Marcus held Daniel in an arm lock as he walked forward. Daniel finally noticed you were there. He wore a look of confusion before it dawned on him that you were working with Marcus. You saw saddness in his eyes as Marcus turned to face Douglas, his back facing you.

"Marcus!" Douglas called. "I know I built you to be evil, but I can reprogram you. We can be a family again," Douglas motioned between them. "You, me, Daniel. Maybe we can adopt a girl or a kitten."

"I hate cats," Marcus stated, pulling Daniel's arm more painfully.

"C'mon, Marcus. It's me. Your dad. Let's fix this," Douglas explained softly. "All you have to do is release these restraints."

You seen Marcus stop his movements, emotions flashing through his eyes. "No!" Marcus growled, holding Daniel tighter in the arm lock. "Our mission is to destroy every last member of your precious family," Marcus explained, also referring to you as he looked down at Daniel. "Starting with him."

Marcus held Daniel tighter, making Daniel go on his knees which made you shift slightly as Douglas spoke. "Marcus, I'm begging you. Start with Donnie!"

"What?!" Mr. Davenport asked, as he tried to wiggle out of his restraints but had no luck.

Marcus rolled his eyes as he stalked towards Daniel, picking him up and punching him in the stomach. This went on for awhile, Marcus would hit, kick, throw Daniel all around the room. Douglas watched helplessly, pleading for Marcus to stop, but Marcus didn't stop, he never stopped. Daniel tried to fight back, but he was no match for Marcus. Marcus was much stronger and powerful. You watched unfazed.

'Look at him, being thrown like a rag doll. This is what we are here for. We were meant to do this our whole lives. Just wait till they're all dead.'

'No. Don't stand there and watch Daniel be beaten. This is wrong and you know it. You were not meant to kill them, you need to help them out.'

'Don't listen, listen to me. We can be indestructible. You were sent on this mission for a reason, now let's finish it.'

'No. Don't do this. You are better than this, you are capable of so much more. Help and save the Davenports.'

You snapped yourself out of your daze, shaking your head to get rid of the voices as Douglas shot you a heated glare. "Why?" Douglas asked agitated. "Why are you doing this? We should never had trusted you!"

"Douglas, you need to calm down--"

Douglas cut Mr. Davenport off. "Don't tell me to calm down Donald! Look at what she's done! We let her in, treated her like family, and guess what? She betrayed us, she lied!"

You watched with an unfazed expression, but deep down you were hurt by his words. But he was right. You had brought them here, you knew what you were doing, and there was no going back.

'It's not too late.'

You shook your head slightly. You were tired of everything. You needed to do what was right if it meant to take down people. You needed to do what you should've done since the very beginning. Your gaze landed on Marcus as he threw Daniel across the lab making him slam into the wall. You then began to move. As you walked towards Daniel, you could see Marcus smirking from the corner of your eye. Daniel looked up at you, with fear in his eyes. Marcus stalked forward, and you could hear the Davenport brothers yelling at you to stop but you didn't listen.

Right when you reached Daniel, you turned around and faced Marcus, protecting Daniel.

"What are you doing?" Marcus asked.

"Leave him alone," you growled, standing your ground.

Marcus rose a brow and laughed dryly, shaking his head. "Do you really think that they are going to forgive you? After what you've done to them, and you're betraying us? Giselle? Tell me. What did you do to try and eliminate the Davenports?"

"I did nothing!" you spat.

"Exactly!" he exclaimed. "And in doing so you betrayed us!  But not only did you betray Giselle, you, betrayed us all," Marcus motioned to the Davenport brothers who were watching. "You also killed someone." You shook your head as Marcus nodded. "Oh, yes! You can't escape it, Troy is dead because of you! You killed your own kind! I know because I watched the security footage, and when I did, I knew you would fail this mission. Once I saw you help Chase build a replica of himself, I knew you wouldn't go through with the mission."

You shook your head, as you clenched your fist in anger. "Like you could do better. You died the first time you tried taking them down. I could've easily killed them if I wanted to, you sure as hell know that, but I didn't. You failed, when trying to take them down. I failed, because I didn't want to. We both know that I've could've done it and we both know that I could've done a better job then you ever could."

You punched Marcus' jaw, making him stumble back as you kicked his stomach, but he grabbed your leg, flinging you to the wall. You got up, shooting electric volts at Marcus as he did the same. Both collided as you quickly jumped to the side. Marcus flicked his wrist, sending you to collide into the wall as he made his way to Daniel. Marcus trapped Daniel in the corner as you got up slowly, whincing slightly as you ran and jumped onto Marcus' back. Daniel took the opportunity and escaped as Marcus flipped you over and slammed you to the wall, grasping your neck as he held you up against the wall.

"You might've been the best of the best, but I'm here now and I'm much more powerful than you," Marcus growled, tightening his grip around your neck.

You seen the Davenport brothers watching as you glanced down at Marcus. "You may be right, but I'll be top dog in no time. You will die today."

Marcus scrowled as he threw you across the lab once more. Your head came in contact with the wall.

You watched helplessly as Marcus went after Daniel. Marcus punched Daniel in the stomach as he tossed him aside.

"Wait a second," Mr. Davenport stated. "Marcus is a bionic android."

"Yes, Donnie. And you're a middle-aged man. It's nice to see you're keeping up," Douglas snapped, as you turned to look at the brothers.

"No. Daniel has power replication. If he can touch.any bionic human and take on their ability, shouldn't he be able to do the same with Marcus?" Mr
Davenport asked.

"You're right," Douglas replied as you seen Mr. Davenport try to throw his hands up.

Your gaze then landed on Marcus who was currently choking Daniel. "I think it's time to put you out of your misery."

"Marcus, stop!" Douglas commanded as Marcus let go of Daniel, letting him drop to the floor. "He has nothing to do with this. I'm the one who betrayed you. If you're gonna take anyone out, take me!"

"Uh, Douglas, you realize that if he takes you out, I'm tied to you, so he'll take me out too," Mr. Davenport pointed out.

"Yes," Dougals replied.

Marcus then activated a force field ball. "So long...dad."

"Dad, please, don't let him do this," Daniel stated, trying to move on the floor.

"It's okay, Daniel. I created the problem, so I should take the heat," Douglas explained. "You're just a bionic human. You'd never stand a chance against a bionic android like Marcus." Douglas tried giving Daniel a hint. "What I'm saying is, you're both bionic."

"Yes, we're both bionic," Daniel stated, seeing Douglas pointing at Marcus.

Realization dawned on Daniel as Marcus spoke. "You're forgetting one thing. I'm more powerful than he'll ever be."

Daniel then began to crawl over to Marcus. "I'm not so sure about that."

"What are you doing?" Marcus askes as Daniel stood.

"Ending our family reunion," Daniel stated, activating the force field ball as Marcus' eyes widen. Daniel then shot Marcus, making him shatter into pieces, causing you to smile.

"Oh, c'mon!" Leo exclaimed from the doorway. "I wanted to do that."

Everyone shook their heads as Leo and Daniel untied the Davenport brothers. Once they were free, Daniel ran over to you and crouched down. "Are you alright?"

He checked you for injuries as he helped you up. "I'm fine. Why are you helping me? After what I did?"

"You saved me and that's what family do," Daniel smiled.

"I'm not family Daniel," you shook your head as the Davenport brothers walked over.

"When we get back you have a lot of explaining to do," Douglas pointed at you, "but thank you for helping my son."

Leo then walked over, asking if you were alright to which you responded with a yes. "I told you to tell them that you worked for her, why didn't you tell them?"

"Wait, you knew?" Mr. Davenport asked Leo.

"Uh...how about I explain once we're out of here," Leo motioned to the lab.

"Fine, but lets go get Adam, Bree and Chase," Mr. Davenport informed.

They all ran out as you walked, not wanting to face the Davenport trio.

"Guys, you're okay," Mr. Davenport breathed in relief as he looked down. "Ooh! But she is not."

"C'mon, we have to find Marcus," Chase informed.

"I already took care of him," Daniel replied smiling.

"Really?" Bree asked as Daniel nodded. "Wow. Not bad for one day of training."

"Yeah, you should've seen my boy Daniel," Douglas praised as he wrapped his arm around Daniel. "He was great. Man did you step up. Finally I can say I created a kid I'm proud of."

The Davenport trio gave an offended look as Leo coughed to get everyone's attention. "Lets not forget the guy who freed the entire student body, not to mention save the three of you," Leo motioned to the Davenport trio.

"Yeah, well, we should probably get going," Chase pointed out as Adam and Bree nodded.

"Hold it," Mr. Davenport stopped them. "Perry can handle things back at the academy, but if we're gonna find a fix for your melted chips, I need to take you back to the lab in Mission Creek."

"Whoo-hoo, we're going home!" Adam cheered as everyone followed him out.

It was just you and the Davenport brothers. "Proud of you, Douglas. You're gonna be a great dad."

"Thanks, Donnie," Douglas nodded. "And one day, I'm sure you will be too."

Douglas patted his shoulder as he walked out and as Mr. Davenport went to follow he stopped, looking back seeing you not following him. "C'mon, we're going back to Mission Creek." he infomed as he seen you shift uncomfortably. "Look, I know that you sided with Giselle, and if it helps, I want you to know that I forgive you. Before you ask why, I forgive you because of what you've done. For fighting the along us, standing up for Leo when he tried to prove himself leader, for taking charge on the bridge and help saving us, amd now for helping Daniel try and defeat Marcus," he explained as you looked dowm briefly. "I know those attempts were you actually helping us. You didn't have to but you did. I know you came to eliminate us, but I forgive you."

"What if they don't?" you asked quietly, meeting Mr. Davenport's soft gaze.

"Well, we'll just have to find out," Mr. Davenport said, holding the small of your back as you both walked out.

~~~~~

When you all arrived at the Davenport's house, everyone walked inside as you followed behind. As everyone headed down to the lab you seen Mr. Davenport talk to Tasha for a few moments before heading down to the lab himself. You sighed heavily as you walked over to Tasha, who was making dinner.

"Tasha, do you know where I can find the bathroom?" you asked quietly.

"Oh, it's down the hall first door to your right," Tasha explained s you thanked her.

When you went into the bathroom you changed out of your mission suit and into a pair of dark jeans and a black hoodie. When you walked out, you neatly set your folded mission suit on the couch, as well as placing your black leather fingerless gloves down. You then adjusted the duffle bag over your shoulder as you walked to the front door.

"Where are you going, honey?" Tasha asked, making you halt at the door. "Everyone else is down in the lab, shouldn't you be down there?"

You twisted around slightly to face Tasha. "No, I have to get going. Thank you though."

You forced a smile as you.walked out, taking out your ear buds and placing them in your ears. You only walked one block until Adam and Bree stepped in your way.

"What are you both doing here?" you asked the two.

"You need to come back," Bree stated.

"I can't and I won't," you replied, trying to walk around until Adam stepped in your way.

"Why?" Bree asked.

"Why? Look at what I've done! I betrayed you! You, your family, and you want me to come back?" you asked. "I came to the academy to do a mission. That mission was to eliminate you all. I lied to you all, I hurt you all. It's because of me, it's my fault. It's my...fault."

"It wasn't your fault," Bree stated. "She made you do it."

You shook your head as Adam spoke. "You're family."

"Those days are over," you replied shaking your head. "I'm leaving for the better, whether you like it or not. This is the best choice I've made so far. I'm not family, never have been, never will be."

You went to walk around the two but Adam quickly slung you over his shoulder. You hit Adam's back, telling him to let you go s he carried you back to the house with Bree right behind. When Adam brought you down to the lab and set you down, you went to turn back around but Adam blocked you. You sighed, knowing you weren't getting out of it.

You then turned around to face the Davenport family. "Look, I know you all are probably are very angry and upset about me and I would be too. I came to the academy because it was my mission. My mission was to eliminate Douglas, but in order to do that I had to eliminate you all. I'll be honest, I did strategize and tried to find your weaknesses, and I did that for the first couple of weeks," you confessed, rubbing your arm as you kept your gaze on the floor. "As time went on, I noticed that you weren't as bad as I thought you were. I was conflicted on whether to go through the mission or not. A part of me told me to go through with the mission and the other told me not to," you looked up then, seeing that your vision had blurred slightly. "I knew that if I didn't tell you guys that I would suffer the consequences. Leo as the only one who knew but I begged him not to tell because I was scared of what would happen if you all found out," you felt the small lump in your throat as your voice began to crack slightly. "I didn't want want to kill you, I didn't want to hurt you, but I did because I was have to suffer with my mistakes. I knew I shouldn't have gone through with the mission but I did because I was selfish," you held the tears back as you quickly wiped your eyes with your sleeve. "I know what I did was wrong, and you don't have to forgive me because I wouldn't either, and I don't," you shook your head, looking back up. "I-I'm sorry."

'You did the right thing.'

You wiped your eyes with your sleeve once more. You didn't want to cry, because it made you feel exposed and vulnerable.

"You!" you turned to see Douglas glaring at you until his eyes soften, "come here."

Your lips twitched upwards slightly as you ran into Douglas' arms, hugging him tightly.

"We forgave Douglas and gave him  chance for trying to eliminate us, and I don't see why we can't do the same with [Name]," Bree smiled as she hugged you both.

"I don't care if you guys don't forgive her, but I do because she's family," Adam commented as he joined the hug.

"She's been there or me, believed in me when no one else had, and I had already forgiven her a long time ago, and I still forgive her," Leo walked over, joining the hug.

"From the very beginning I considered her my sister even though I knew she wasn't, and I still consider her my sister because she is family," Daniel smiled, running over and joining the hug.

You looked at Chase, seeing the hesitance as he spoke. "I forgive you too. You helped me through the thick and thin and I don't see why not."

He joined the hug until you all pulled apart as you smiled faintly, brushing the tears away once more.

~~~~~

You were hanging with the Davenports trio, Daniel, and Leo as Mr. Davenport and Douglas walked in.

"Good news, guys. We can fix your bionics," Mr. Davenport informed as he and Douglas walked towards you all.

"Really?" Bree asked, jumping off the cyber desk.

"When we left Giselle's lab, I took some of her research," Douglas explained. "By combining her technology with ours, we'll be able to create one universal super chip that can adapt to any bionic operating system, which means you'll all get the upgrade."

"That means we're no longer obsolete," Bree smiled as she hugged Adam.

"Yes, we're back!" Chase exclaimed.

"Woah, settle down," Adam told Chase. "You were never that impressive to begin with."

Your lips twitched up a bit as Daniel stepped forward. "I can't believe you guys got to live down here. This place is so cool."

"Yeah, well, we were also force-fed pellets that were shot out of the tube, so it wasn't a fun factory," Bree explained.

"This lab is were it all started, Daniel," Chase commented.

"Well, technically, it all started in a different lab, but your dad blew that one up," Leo corrected Chase as everyone nodded in agreement.

"I was going through a phase!" Douglas defended standing next to a box.

"Hey, what's in the box, Douglas?" Chase asked.

"Marcus," Douglas smiled.

"Why would you bring his parts here?" Leo asked.

"As evil as he was, he was still my creation," Douglas explained. "I feel kinda bad. But if I can put him back together amd reprogram him--"

"NO!" you all exclaimed cutting him off.

"Fine," Douglas grumbled as he took something out of the box. "But I'm making his eyebrow into a bracelet."

"Hey guys." you all turned to see Tasha waving at you all as you all greeted her in return. "I'm really glad you're all here, because there's something that we've been wanting to tell you," Tasha smiled as she stood next to Mr. Davenport. "I'm pregnant."

Your eyebrows shot up in surprise as Leo hugged his mom as Adam spoke. "Whoo hoo! Hear that, everybody? We're gonna have a bionic baby!"

Tasha shook her head. "Oh, no, you are not turning my baby girl into a bionic freak," Tasha stated as she looked at all of you. "And I mean that in the nicest way possible."

"Wait a second," Bree stated. "Did you day you're having a girl?" Bree asked as Tasha nodded. "Yes! I'm finally getting a sister!"

"And who better than a sister to change half of the diapers?" Tasha asked.

"Yeah, I'm over the whole sister thing," Bree stated quickly.

"You know what else?" Leo asked walking over to his mom. "My little sister won't need bionics, because she'll have me to protect her."

"Oh, who are you kidding? We all know that baby is going to be protecting you," Mr. Davenport said pointing at Leo.

"Wow. All those years living down here, hiding our bionic secret, and look at us now," Chase said smiling. "It's kinda crazy how life works, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Bree agreed. "You know, I actually kinda miss this place."

"Me too," Adam agreed as he walked over to Chase. "You know what else I miss most about it?"

"What?" Chase asked.

"This," Adam smiled as he punched Chase's arm.

"You do realize that, without our chips, you don't have super strength, and I'm just as strong as you, right?" Chase asked.

"Uh, I do now," Adam replied as he ran away as Chase ran after him.

"C'mon guys, lets go upstairs and have ourselves a nice, big celebration dinner," Tasha smiled as Perry strode in.

"Sounds good, as long as you're not cooking," Perry stated.

"Perry, what are you doing here?" Mr. Davenport asked her. "You're supposed to be supervising the academy."

"I got bored," Perry sighed. "Now that the students don't gave bionics, they're just a bunch of lame-os." Perry explained as she sighed once more. "Actually, the real reason I'm here is that I heard what happened to you guys, and I'm just happy you're okay."

"I can't believe it. You do have a heart," Tasha stated impressed.

"Tell me about it," you mumbled.

"Simmer down, Holly Homemaker. I was talking to them," Perry pointed to the others. "You and I, still on the outs. And what did I tell you about [Name] being bad? I was right once again."

"Yes, you may be right about that," you stated stepping closer to Perry. "But I changed. I haven't hurt the Davenports, nor do I want to. But I still have my bionics and I won't hesitate to use them on you."

Perry's eyes widen as she walkes past you as Leo spoke. "You are still the same when it comes to people insulting you."

You smiled sheepishly as Mr. Davenport spoke. "Okay, everybody, let's go upstairs and make your mother feel better about herself by eating her food."

Everyone then walked to the elevator as Leo spoke. "You guys go ahead. I'll be up in a minute."

Curiosity took over you as you stayed put, leaning against the wall as you watched Leo run over to the box and started to throw Marcus' pieces down to the floor in rage. He picked up the box and dumped it, smiling in satisfaction.

"How do you like that, Marcus?" Leo.asked walking forward. "That's the last time you'll miss with Leo Dooley."

"Wow, so violent," you said sarcastically. "Just let it all out, you'll feel better soon."

Leo shook his head smiling as you seen Marcus' pieces began to assemble and reattach themselves together. Leo turned around as he was the android. "How the..."

"What't the matter Leo? Never seen an android regenerate before?" Marcus asked. "Part of my upgrade. It's what makes me superior to humans." Leo then activated his laswr sphere as Marcus did the same. "You will never defeat me."

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that," Leo stated, as something shot at Marcus making him melt to the floor. Douglas stood with a gun in hand as Leo shot him a look. "Again... I wanted...TO DO THAT!" Leo exclaimed quite agitated. "Give me the gun." Leo then began to chase Douglas as he ran away. "Give me the gun!"

You smiled, shaking your head as you made your way back upstairs.

~~~~~

The next morning you were sitting on the couch, reading a book as Bree came and sat next to you. You lifted your gaze off the book to see her holding your mission suit.

"I think you forgot about this last night," she handed you your mission suit, as you placed your book aside.

You stared down at your mission suit, running your thumbs over the leather material as you spoke. "I'm not worthy to have this, let alone wear it after what I did to you guys."

"Of course you're worthy,"  you and Bree turned to see Adam. "You may have betrayed us, but that was your mission. I know you can't incomplete a mission, you have to complete it whether you like it or not. I know that you were trying to do what was right," Adam said as he handed you your gloves. "What this mission proved, is what type of person you were. It proved that you weren't bad but good. You sacrificed everything just to protect us, even if it meant you had to suffer in the end." You looked down, only for Adam to crouch down at your level and lift your chin up to meet his gaze. "You are an amazing person and you are worthy to be wearing this mission suit."

Your lips twitched up into a smile. "I think that was the wisest, smartest, and sweetest thing I ever heard you say," you chuckled softly as Adam helped you up. You kissed his cheek in appreciation. "Thank you."

He shrugged sheepishly. "I try my best."

"Okay," you sighed, taking a step back. "I think that's enough chick flick moments for today."

"Now go on and put the mission suit on," Bree stated as you went into the bathroom. 

After you changed, you all went down into the lab, ready to head off to the academy as Mr. Davenport walked in.

"What's up, guys?" Mr. Davenport asked.

"Just heading back to the academy," Bree answered.

"Oh, yeah, about that," Mr. Davenport stated turning to face you all. "Um, since the students all have the upgrade, there's no need to train them anymore. They're all at expert level. So it's time to start breaking everybody up into teams."

"Great. That means our team won't have to do all the work," Chase smiled.

"Actually, Chase, I'm breaking you guys up," Mr. Davenport informed as you all froze.

"What?" Adam asked.

"What do you mean, Big D?" Leo asked. "You can't just...break us up."

"I don't have a choice. I need two of you to go to the academy and oversee this transition, and three of you to stay here and work on a new project, a new team," Mr. Davenport explained to you all.

"What new project?" you asked.

"Yeah, and what new team?" Chase asked also.

"I can't give you all the details, but you need to make a decision," Mr. Davenport nodded.

"I'll stay at the academy," Adam stated.

"I'll stay too--"

"I'll go to the academy," Leo cut you off.

"Leo, what--"

Leo cut you off by gently dragging you aside. "I'm staying at the academy with Adam. We all forgiven you for what you did, but you and I know both know that you have unfinished business with Chase. We both know that he hesitated we he said he forgiven you, you have to work things out."

You nodded slightly as you both looked at Mr. Davenport. "Okay, grab your gear and get going."

Adam and Leo grabbes their gear as Leo spoke. "Don't worry, guys. We'll be back before you know it."

Adam and Leo then walkes away as they both stopped, dropping their bags as they came back and brought you all into a group hug. You all stayes like that for a moment before pulling away.

"Hey, it doesn't matter where we are. We'll always be a team," Bree assured.

"Bye guys," Leo smiled a he and Adam walked away.

"Wait!" you called out. Both of them turn around as you ran and gave Leo a hug. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too," Leo smiled into your shoulder.

"Don't change too much, I hate change," you said pulling away as you hugged Adam. "You too, don't change too much. I like you like this."

"I won't, I promise," Adam smiled back.

You pulled.away as they pickes up their gear. "Oh, and Leo? Thank you for believing in me and being there for me."

"Anytime," he smiled. "And don't do anything stupid until I get back."

"How can I?" you asked smiling a bit. "You're taking all the stupid with you."

As they walked out you fiddles with your thumbs as you turned and stood next to Bree.

"So, are you ready for your new adventure?" Mr. Davenport asked.

You, Bree, and Chase smiled as you all looked at one another.

'You did good [Name]. You did good."

You had no idea what the future held, but all you knew was that it was gonna be one heck of a ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 6.7K 39
Your a semi popular YouTuber with 1.5 million subscribers. You love Marvel and even more you love Tom Holland. I mean... have you seen those abs? He...
21.5K 1.6K 2
Guardians of the Galaxy according to Groot
18.6K 818 22
*COMPLETED* When Fae gets dragged to a club she doesn't expect to catch the attention of Corey Taylor, the man is a mystery which draws Fae further i...
41.1K 1.3K 32
There are times where destiny works in one's favour, and times where fate derails the happy ending. Often, the signs that reveal which path a person...