Paper Hearts ♡ Harry Styles AU

By sourwolphe

[✓] COMPLETED A story about two college friends who couldn't stay "just" friends anymore. They graduate colle... More

Paper Hearts ♡ h.s. au
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19*
20
21
22
Trailer
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Epilogue

9

1.1K 25 3
By sourwolphe

Boys will be boys. I grew up living with four, my dad included, and believe me, it's fun but it can get out of hand sometimes.

Since Kellan and I are only two years apart, we always argued about everything from leaving the bathroom door open to who was going to wash the dishes. It didn't stop until Kellan had his first girlfriend when he was sixteen. He changed and respected me a lot more, offering me rides to school and cooking breakfast for everyone. When they broke up a year after though, he got depressed and his old attitude came rushing back. But when he met Cindy, he changed again but this time, he was more matured than ever. Now we get along really well, including Cindy who I treat as a sister whenever she visits. One thing I like I about her is that she's a very supportive girlfriend. She made it a habit to watch every one of Kellan's football games and made sure to invite her other friends for extra support. I guess that's why Kellan is head over heels for her.

Jayden and Blake were typical boys. Their lives revolved around video games, sports and annoying their big sister. Every summer, mom would pay me to babysit them and not one day was ever normal. Sometimes they're too wrapped up in a video game that they ignore me the whole day and some days they were complete pranksters, playing tricks on me wherever I went.

But when their childhood days were over and I found out that Jayden had a crush on his schoolmate, they matured little by little. Jayden's a pretty smart kid. He likes math and is an expert at astronomy. He knows every galaxy and planet and believes that aliens exist.

Blake on the other hand, is addicted to Star Wars and graffiti art. Dad bought him the whole DVD set on his 12th birthday, and mom painted our basement wall white just so he could spray paint it. The basement became his own canvas, even the ceilings and floors were colorful. Mom got mad once when the paint dripped on the floor because she only allowed him to paint the walls, but dad said it was alright and mom eventually agreed.

Like I was saying, boys will be boys, and now that Harry and I became official, he always hangs out at home after picking me up from work.

I was sprawled across the couch in the living room, tired from work and my eyes were starting to close. Jayden and Blake are sitting on the carpeted floor below me, ready for another game of Call of Duty. My legs were lifted up by warm hands and when I opened my eyes, Harry was already sitting on the couch with my legs on his lap. I opened my arms out and asked for a hug but Blake made a fake-vomiting sound and told us to get a room.

"What are you guys playing?" Harry asked.

"Call of Duty! Do you wanna play?" Jayden offered the controller to Harry and of course he didn't decline. He slid off of the couch and sat in between the boys and pressed the start button.

They became rowdy and their voices startled me, waking me up from my shallow slumber. I groaned and stretched, realizing that I've only been asleep for a few minutes, that's why my head started to ache.

Harry heard me as he paused the game, "are you okay?"

"My head hurts."

"Sorry, do you want me to carry you upstairs?"

I shook my head twice and covered my face with a throw pillow, shifting to the other side. I felt Harry's muscular arms slide under my body and he carried me to my bed. My eyes fluttered open and I watched Harry pull a blanket over my body, making sure I was warm and secure under the sheets.

"Go back to sleep," he whispered after planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Cuddle?" I whispered back, pouting my lips and tugging on the sleeve of his shirt. He was beside me in seconds, arms were wrapped around my waist and face nuzzled on the side of my neck.

"Sing me to sleep," I said, moving backward so I could feel the warmth of his body.

He started humming the intro to one of his favorite songs, slowing it down a bit to turn it into the perfect lullaby.

Stay with me, baby stay with me,

Tonight don't leave me alone.

Walk with me, come and walk with me,

To the edge of all we've ever known.

I can see you there with the city lights,

Fourteenth floor, pale blue eyes.

I can breathe you in.

Two shadows standing by the bedroom door,

No, I could not want you more than I did right then,

As our heads leaned in.

Well, I'm not sure what this is gonna be,

But with my eyes closed all I see

Is the skyline, through the window,

The moon above you and the streets below.

Hold my breath as you're moving in,

Taste your lips and feel your skin.

When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly.

My headache disappeared once I heard his angelic singing voice. It was an instant medication that required no approval from any doctor.

I shifted to face him and kissed him passionately, my hands cupping his cheeks and his arms pulling me closer. I felt him smile in between and I giggled, tugging his bottom lip with my teeth. I pecked his lips one more time before pulling away, "get out of here, my brothers are waiting downstairs."

He chuckled, "I'd rather stay here where it's warm and cozy. Besides, my human pillow is more comfortable than that carpeted floor downstairs."

"Don't you mean nice and squishy?" I joked, smirking at him.

"Those are your boobs, darling." I laughed at his answer and pinched his cheeks.

***

The next morning, I got up and dragged myself towards the bathroom to get ready for work. It was a busy day today because another fashion show will be held tomorrow night. This time, I was invited by Mister Germond. I didn't decline his offer and immediately said yes, asking if I could bring a few friends with me. Jane loved fashion shows, and I'm sure she wouldn't miss the chance of sitting at the front row.

I reached the office an hour later and Liam greeted me with a smile. He offered me a cup of coffee and went straight to Cheryl's cubicle.

"Miss Martins?" Mister Germond peeked inside my work area and entered when I told him to come in.

"Do you have a date to the fashion show yet?" He asked.

"Date? I'm bringing my best friend and boy--"

"Louis Tomlinson will meet you at the entrance at seven sharp," he said, cutting me off.

"L-Louis Tomlinson? The supermodel Louis Tomlinson?"

He nodded and smiled, my reaction was the total opposite though. Louis Tomlinson was one of the most famous supermodels in the industry. Everyone loved him because he was funny and had a very strong personality, but I always thought he was dating one his co-models who I heard was named Eleanor. She was tall and beautiful and I swear I would look like a piece of crap if we stood side by side.

"You're going to be his date tomorrow night."

"W-why me?"

"For publicity reasons, and you're a beautiful girl who could get the cameras flashing in minutes." My cheeks flushed at his remark, I never considered myself beautiful and I was never good at accepting compliments.

"But I have a boyfriend, I can't--"

He cut me off for the second time, "I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't mind. It's only a publicity stunt, tomorrow he'll be taking out another girl for his next runway program and your name would never be mentioned in the press ever again."

He leaned in closer, "your job is also at stake."

I sighed as I felt stress taking over my body. What would Harry say? He would freak and probably hunt down Louis for all I know. This will not end well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324 5 4
In which YN is Harry's daughter's teacher, and she and Harry used to be friends in college; friends from strangers to lovers; short story This ss was...
2.8M 71.6K 33
[ COMPLETED ] Neither of them knew one night could change everything. ✼ ✼ ✼ For mature audiences only. Story contains sexual content and vulgar lang...
1.3M 28K 38
Marigold Styar has been best friends with Harry Styles since before she can remember. That doesn't mean she doesn't see him as more. As they embark...
54.9K 1K 8
[COMPLETED] *STORY CONTAINS MATURE AND EXPLICIT CONTENT* Harry is clueless when it comes to stuff relating to the bedroom. His nervousness on the to...