Graveyard Watchman (Book 1)

By LeslieFear

**Former Wattpad Featured Story** He lifted his eyes to me and I was instantly captivated. He was sheer beaut... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Cast of Characters - Kate
Cast of Characters - Dominic
Cast of Characters - Zack
Cast of Characters - Skylar
Cast of Characters - Aunt Kelly
Cast of Characters - Uncle John
Cast of Characters - Gideon
Cast of Characters
The dark forest...
Seraph Fighter
The Demon, Zull
The Seraphian Castle
Seraph Chapel and Minister Ezekiel
Dominic in the forest...
The Cemetery in Fog
Healing Crystals
REVIEWS ARE LIKE GOLD!!
Graveyard Watchman (Book 3) Gemini
Apollo Sun

Chapter 103

3.7K 254 15
By LeslieFear

As soon as Zack moves to get up, Dominic and I do the same and the Pastor walks away, disappearing behind one of the fully lit candelabras. Quietly, Dominic and I follow Zack toward the door and back into the dimly lit hallway.

"I must tell you something," Zack says, turning around to look me straight on, "Uncle John no longer looks like himself."

"What do you mean?" I ask, reaching for Dominic's hand.

"He has transformed almost fully into the Demon," his voice low and hushed, "It happened after Aunt Kelly..." he stops, taking in a quick breath, "It—it might be better this way."

Suddenly I clue in to what my brother is saying, "You mean it'll be easier to kill him if he no longer looks like our relative?"

"Exactly." Zack says, rubbing the side of his face.

"At this point, I don't think I'll have a problem with it," I say, letting out a breath, "let's see what the bastard knows."

Zack nods, turning toward the dark hallway and Dominic squeezes my hand hard and I stop, "One more thing," he looks down as if wishing he didn't have to tell me, "You brought him back and only you can kill him."

What the...

I don't have time to be pissed but I don't even try to hide my sarcasm, "Um, that would have been beneficial information like, yesterday."

Dominic's expression gets serious, "If I had told you before now, the worry would have consumed you," he whisper-shouts and Zack stops, turning around to see what's going on, "You have the full ability to do it, Kate," Dominic takes my other hand, "and I will be by your side when you are ready."

"We need to hurry," Zack says, snapping me out of my stare with Dominic as I look over to him. Without a word, I drop Dominic's hand and turn to follow my brother. A few steps later, I feel his fingers as they slip through mine again and I know instantly that it's Dominic's way of apologizing.

I can't be mad, not now -- my focus has to stay on helping Skylar.

So, I wrap my fingers around his massive hand without looking up and we quickly make our way down the familiar corridor to the metal room.

I'm starting to know my way around what was once a maze of corridors and know when to turn and which way to go without thinking. We're getting close and when I see the thick, steal door, it's just how I remember it—gunmetal gray and at least four inches thick. Zack quickly opens the combination latch and the eerie silence as we walk in is almost deafening. 

We barely get inside before I hear laughter. The kind of laughter that sends chills up and down your body. "I thought you'd never get here." The Demon says as I turn my head, spotting him sitting in a thick, wooden chair completely bound and chained to the floor. Zack was right, he looks nothing like Uncle John. His eyes are completely black and his skin has a clammy, yellow hue to it, almost as though the body has already died.

"Zull," my brother wastes no time, "tell us what the Demons want with Skylar Bennett."

Laughter explodes in the room, echoing off the metal walls and he smiles, staring me in the eyes, "It's a secret."

"Zull, I command you to tell us...now!" Zack says in a more authoritative tone and Zull makes a face like he's somehow being hurt.

"Queen Kate," Zull looks back to me, "isn't Skylar your friend?" he pauses and swallows, like he's still in pain, "the same friend who, by all accounts, stalked you at the cemetery because he's, how do I put this gently in front of your betrothed—still in love with you?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
177K 9.4K 18
Phoebe Rivers has dreamed of becoming a Royal Guard since she was six. At the age of 21, her dreams come true. Her charge, the crown prince of the en...
38.7K 6K 31
Bad boy supreme Caleb Dawson crashes into Amy Irvine's world as a spectre that no one can see, hear, or touch, unleashing a chain of events beyond he...
2.1M 43.9K 54
[WARNING - EXPLICIT CONTENT] I tried getting out of his hold, but he had more strength in his finger than I had in my body. He flipped me over until...