Cyan in Avalon

Від Chickiecheeks15

"Please help me." At the echo of her words, the portal shot open. Cyan felt the cold shock hit her wet face... Більше

Prologue: The Blue Night ch.0
Closed Minds ch.1
A Heart to Thud in Weakness ch.2
Run Black Rabbit, Run ch.3
Strange Place Called "Avalon" ch.4
Cyan Eyes ch.5
Signum ch.6
The Key to Avalon ch.7
Black Iris ch.8
The Land of Spring Lovers ch.9
Uncrying Mourners ch.10
Mark ch.11
People Like Her ch.12
Wings of Volt ch.13
The Need of Whisphering Waters ch.14
Feeding Ghosts ch.15
Behind A Pretty Face ch.16
In Wild Place ch.17
The Dragon, Lion, Wolf...and Rabbit ch.19
One of Who Ch. 20
Losing Cyan Ch.21
The Silver Beast ch.22
Lava Tears Ch.23
Like A Cursed Treasure Ch.24
With Soft Cries and Teary Eyes Ch.25
Avalon Ch.26
Cyan's Bloom Ch.27
The Tower of Lava Ch.28
Nothing More Terribly Beautiful... Ch.29

Avalonic Fault ch.18

12 1 0
Від Chickiecheeks15

*

Cyan wiped at her eyes incessantly as her tears rushed down. Her bottom lip quivered and she fought to keep it still.

"Cyan...really, it's okay."

"N-No it's not!" She cried.

Nel ruffled her hair, glancing at Zethan, and smiling down at the red faced girl. Zethan crossed his arms, wearing his usual frown that appeared when Cyan cried.

Nel's arms were bandaged up from palm to elbow with a thin white fabric. He promised that it wouldn't scar him, although the burns worked almost exactly like real burns.

*

Night arrived, and Zethan laid awake. Tucked in his chest was Cyan, coming so close he could forget she was there. He stared out into the dark room from above her head.

"Lucianne" had been the name of the Signum that had decieved him into thinking Omena was standing before him. That was cruel, he thought. And yet, how was he so easily tricked?

It was just my mind, he thought to himself, I wanted to believe it...and it happened so suddenly...

He shut his eyes, sighing as a surge of emotion swelled in his chest.

*

The towering Avalonic trees that faded into the dark of the sky flew by them as they ran. Usually the stars would've lit their way, aided by the immense number of mushrooms and glowing flowers. But then again, they usually wouldn't be running for their lives.

They sprinted through the dark, gasping in exhaustion and fear as the silhouettes behind them followed close.

It was the Nighters--monsters with the body of a thin tall man with arms of a dragon, the head of a demon, eyes of an owl, fangs of a saber, and legs of a goat. It was covered in red bloody muscle--like a skinned human. They had only appeared after the White Fire, and they appeared with a thirst for killing anything that moved.

Now Zethan sped through the forest, pushing Omena ahead of him, and feeling panick wrap its hands round his neck. As Omena stumbled he swung her up into his arms, feeling her body shake in fear. He could feel the Nighters' claws scrape at his back.

"Zethan!!" She cried as she glanced back with her teary blue wide eyes.
Zethan pushed himself faster and faster--tearing up at the panick in her shrill voice. But all of a sudden she tensed, clutching fast onto his vest---

---and Zethan was caught by a claw.
It hooked into the skin on his back--jerking him backwards. Zethan frantically flung Omena away, watching her tumble onto the ground and spin around.

"Run!!!" He yelled in agony.

Omena's eyes widened as Zethan was dragged back---starting to fade into the dark Nighter's arms. She burst into yelling in terror, clutching the sides of her head and shrieking.

Suddenly a force of warm light and wind whooshed from behind her---

"Go away!!!" Rine's furious voice boomed.

The Nighter screeched in pain and threw Zethan away as patterns of burns crawled up its arms. It yowled and scrambled away.

Rine ran up to Zethan, who was writhing in pain on the ground. He grinded his teeth and dragged himself closer as Rine examined his shredded back.

Zethan turned back up and realized Omena was still screaming. Rine and him turned to her as she pulled at her own hair. Then vines rose from the dirt--curling and tangling round her body. They hurried to her, tearing the vines from her. Rine dug her hands into the ground, the vines curling round her as she grit her teeth. Her hands glowed warm orange as the vines accepted her volt.

Zethan took Omena up into his arms, staring at Rine and admiring her bravery. Despite how she knew she was going to be drained till near death, she wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to feed and appease Avalon.

Omena fell silent and Zethan turned to her, brushing the golden strands out of her sweaty and sooty face. Zethan's lips went tight at her smile.

She softly laughed, her blue eyes wide and the dark veins surrounding them darkening. He saw that her blue irises were beginning to edge in red. She laid there, laughing with her terrified eyes as Rine cried in agony and Zethan kept his guard up for more Nighters.

*

"Z...Zethan."

He groggily opened his eyes, squinting up at her. She stared at him with her dark black eyes, seeming more afraid than usual.

"...what is it?" He grumbled.

"S-something---"

A loud crash sounded from downstairs and Cyan jumped in fear, scrambling back and closer to Zethan. Across the hall Nel's door opened and he walked down the hall, opening their door. He peered in, gesturing them up.

Zethan stood, tensing and finding Cyan clinging to his arm. He took her hand and followed Nel as they creeped down the stairs.

Nel paused at the bottom of the stairs, tensing at the corner wall. Then he went tight lipped and walked behind Zethan. Zethan rolled his eyes and placed Cyan's hand in Nel's.

He stepped down and hurried to the nearest light switch---flipping it on.

The man at the door spun around with wide deep brown eyes. He had dark hair and was about Zethan's height, if not a bit shorter. As his eyes narrowed at Zethan--Zethan recognized him.

Cyan peered around the corner, lighting up. She hopped down the stairs, running to him with open arms---when Zethan's arm swooped her up off the ground. She still beamed up at him.

"Myster!"

Zethan glowered at him as his eyes lit up and he grinned at Cyan.

"Hi Cyan!--Jeez getting here took a while!" He said, pulling his leather jacket off his shoulders and running his hand through his hair.

"How did you get in?" Nel asked, stepping forward and frowning at the door.

Myster smiled in response, turning back to Cyan.

"How've you been, my Queen? I see you still insist on allowing this brute around you."

"How did you get here??" She asked, shifting in Zethan's arms.

"I came from my own town, and it wasn't that difficult to track you down." He shrugged.

"What do you mean by that?" Nel interrupted.

Myster met eyes with Nel again, his lips going tight. He obviously disliked speaking to a Twelve. Nel seemed to share his distaste for him too.

Myster pulled something out of his leather jacket's pocket, unraveling it from his finger. Cyan pulled herself down onto her feet, peering into Myster's hand curiously.

The creature was about as small as chipmunk, with white soft fur, and a tail as long as a lemur's. Part of its forehead and a line streaking down its back and tail was glowing a brilliant cyan. It peered up at Cyan with large black eyes filled with curiousity.

"These little guys glow brighter when they're around strong sources of volt." He said, gazing at Cyan as she reached up and brushed the little creature's head with her finger. "They're called 'Remurs', cute little things, aren't they?" He smiled. "They remind me of you."

Zethan pulled Cyan behind him, a frown on his face.

"Well, Myster," He lowly growled. "You can leave."

"Oh?" Myster said, raising a brow. "Is that what you think I'll do?"

"'--that's what I know you'll do, unless you want me to kick your ass out instead." Zethan snarled, stepping closer.

Nel stepped between them with a glare at them both.

"If we make a ruckus Emin won't let us stay here."

Zethan went tight lipped and took Cyan's hand, pulling her up the stairs as she smiled back at Myster. She waved goodbye and turned back to meet Zethan's glare. He swung her up into his arms and stomped up the steps.

He slammed the door shut and dropped Cyan onto the bed, laying besides her and tucking her closer into his arms. He sighed deeply, trying to relax again.

Cyan couldn't help but smile. She knew exactly well why Zethan loathed Myster. It was not only because he had kidnapped her away from him---which was a very good reason--but also because how Myster had so easily turned her against him.

Her smile calmed, her eyes opening and staring at his chest rise and fall.

...she had hated Zethan so vehemently at that moment that she had to be sealed and dragged back into his arms. She remembered it clearly, and still felt the dust of the anger, but it was in the past.

Zethan obviously didn't feel that way.

He still felt that at any moment Cyan might discover something else and run back to that guy. It only contributed to how close he held her.

As they laid there and she drifted back into sleep, he stared out into the darkness. He drew Cyan in closer, sighing as he breathed in her scent that smelled like a stormy day. She was so close to him now, and she clung to him like she usually did.

But at that time...when he heard her voice...and expected her to come running, she didn't. When he expected her to obey, when he expected her to swallow the air he passed her, she didn't. When he expected her to run to safety, when he expected her to run into Brin's arms instead of into the crowd of Silent Splinters, she didn't.

It was frustrating; it was enfuriating, agitating---

....it was terrifying.

*

Cyan woke around at dawn hours, and found that Zethan had fallen asleep and relaxed his grip on her. She sat up, pulling her wild hair out of her face and stepping onto the cold ground with her stubby toes.

She glanced back at Zethan with wide eyes as he shifted.

She softly released her breath and slipped through the door, carefully tip-toeing down the stairs. She found Myster laying upon the couch with a thin blanket thrown over his shoulder. She stepped up to him and thought of waking him to say goodmorning (since it was clear she wouldn't be able to if Zethan was awake), but she decided against it. She stepped over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and walking to the faucet.

She was just sipping on it when hands came around her waist and his lips kissed her neck. She jumped in surprise and dropped the glass---

The glass froze in mid-air.

Myster took it from the air and carefully placed it down into the sink.

"Sorry sweetie, did I scare you?" He said, turning her in his arms.

She met eyes with Myster, smiling shyly.

"Yeah. G-good morning, I thought you were sleeping?" She stuttered as he cupped her cheek.

"I was half asleep--but how could I ignore this chance to be with you?" He said, smiling into her shoulder.

He played with her hair in his fingers and grinned at her.

"Cyan, won't you be my Queen?"

She felt herself smile nervously.

"...Q-Qu-een?"

He came closer, laying both hands on the counter behind her.

"You and I could rule Avalon," His eyes sparkled and gleamed. "it'd be just like a fairy tale--you'd be my Queen and I'd be your King. We would live happily ever after--and all this--with the Twelves and this dimension--we could forget it forever."

His deep brown eyes started to search hers as if he could already see her hesitation. His brow twitched and his face grew serious.
"Cyan. You know very well that you have no place in this world."

Cyan's eyes dropped. Of course she knew that.

"You're nothing but a ghost here. We're nothing but ghosts in this land. They treat us like scum, like dust, like filfth. You've seen how people like us are pushed around so they can feel better about themselves---I haven't seen you in this world for five years, and I need no other clue in order to know how you've been treated."

He bent in and kissed her forehead.

"You could be a Queen to Avalon."

He cupped her cheeks and gazed into her black eyes. They were indeed one of the things about her that bothered him--but this was Cyan, the girl who created Avalon. She started to tense in his arms, pulling away, but he held her close.
"Cyan..." He coaxed, his mind dreaming of Avalon's beauty.

He leaned in closer, his eyes gazing at her pink lips.

Queen of Avalon...

Suddenly she threw her head towards his, smacking his forehead harshly. He stumbled back, aching in pain and groaning. Her eyes went wide, her seal coiled round her rib cage glowed fervently.

"I-I'm sorry!! I-I promise that wasn't what I wanted--"

Zethan strode out from behind the wall--his body tense and his face red. His fist quickly took hold of Myster's jacket--jerking him up and dragging him out into the living room. Cyan followed close, pulling at Zethan's vest.

"Stop!! Zethan---"

Zethan flung Myster out into the lawn. Myster immediately shot up, glowering at Zethan.

"'QUEEN'!? What do you think you're doing!?" Zethan snarled, catching Cyan before she ran to him.

"---don't hold her back like that!!" Myster growled. "Why must you chain her back so!?"

"---so you think you wouldn't as soon as you 'made her your queen'!?"

Zethan stomped up to him; Myster swelled up defensively. Zethan swung the first punch--but Cyan wouldn't have it.

It hit the invisible barrier. Zethan spun back to Cyan with a glare.

She stood firm, clenching her fists and her lips tight.

"D-don't touch him." She ordered.

Just then Nel burst out of the front door, skidding to a stop and staring at the group.

"Cyan--What's going on here??"

"---Don't fucking try to order me around Cyan." Zethan hissed.

"...he has a point." She mumbled. "You know it very well too. I don't belong here. I don't even belong with those most similar to me." Cyan spoke, glancing to Nel.

Zethan tensed, his eyes locking on her. She sighed and turned back up to him.

"....but," She turned to Myster. "I don't belong in Avalon nor the Volterians' mountain. I don't really belong anywhere, and I already knew that." She smiled, trying to comfort Myster's hurt eyes.

"A-and I'm sorry, but I don't want to be the Queen of Avalon."

Zethan spun to Myster with a wry grin.

"B-but why?? Cyan--you could be a Queen!" He cried, frowning in confusion.

"....I....I d-don't want to be a Queen."

"Yeah so you can go and fuck off with your stupidity!" Zethan exclaimed, stepping up besides Cyan.

"Y-you don't need to leave." Cyan said to Myster with a shy smile. "I...want you to stay."

Myster burst into a large boyish grin, his eyes gleaming. Zethan glowered at him, stepping in front of Cyan.

"Oh? Do you want to stay? Are you sure about that??" Zethan hissed in warning.

Myster smiled at Zethan with raised brows.

"If it's for Cyan, I would stay anyday."

Zethan scoffed, clenching his fists.

Nel stared at Zethan as he tensed and his scorpion pony tail swayed back and forth dangerously. He gripped Cyan close to his chest, glowering at Myster.

Well he sure sparked his protective instinct of Cyan, Nel thought. Then he thought of Patrona, who only ever got defensive around serious dangers.

Was Myster really a danger to Cyan?

Zethan took Cyan back into the house and Nel followed, fully aware that it was Monday.

He considered forcing them all to go to school, after all, it would be simple to make all the teachers believe that the two guys were new transfer students. In addition to this, Nel wouldn't have to play peacemaker between the two if they were preoccupied with school.
There was not one nonchalant face when he announced his plans.

Cyan grew depressed and Myster tensed, his face going pale. Zethan stared at Nel with a frown.

"School? What the fuck is that??"

"A terror beyond your wildest thoughts" Myster grumbled, his head falling into his hands.

Nel turned to Zethan, his eyes caught by his scorpion pony tail. He then glanced to Cyan.

"You two, come closer. We're going to try something." Nel said, gesturing them closer.

He positioned Zethan to sit on one of the dining table seats, facing away. He pushed Cyan up closer to Zethan's back.

"We need to remove Zethan's scorpion tail."

Zethan shot up from his seat, spinning around and holding his ponytail.

"What the fuck---No!!" He said, going pale at the thought.

"Relax Zethan, it's temporary. And it doesn't include amputation."

They all frowned up at him.

"Listen," He sighed. "if Cyan created you, she should be able to remove it temporarily."

"---I'm not letting her and her unstable powers near my tail!" Zethan barked.

"In the case that you do get hurt, your tail should grow back basically overnight if Cyan supplies you with volt..." Nel smiled, stepping closer with a raised brow. "Besides, such a weakling like Cyan could never hurt the Guardian of Avalon, now could she?"

Something in his eyes clicked and his brow furrowed. He stared at Nel suspiciously, fully aware that he was being manipulated---but he has a point, Zethan thought, why should I be afraid of Cyan?

He stared down at the chair before Cyan, glancing up at her grouchily before sitting back down.

Nel took Cyan's hands, placing them just on the place where Zethan's scorpion tail started on his head. It was covered with a hard, almost metallic, dark red shield that traveled all down it. Nel's eyes were caught by the stinger at the end--he shivered at the memory of being stung by it.

Cyan grew nervous as she was pulled closer. She could already see Zethan turning back to glare at her.

"Okay, all you have to do is focus and imagine Zethan without his scorpion tail."

"I-Imagine?"

"Yes. That is mostly what your powers rely on."

She stared at Nel a bit too long, turning back to Zethan's head.

Imagine Zethan without his scorpion tail....

Zethan....

Does he still hate me, she wondered, does he still want to kill me?

I mean, I did horrible things to Avalon, to my mother, to Omena...but he smiles at me. He protects me. He helps me with my fear...

...why does he hate me so much in the first place? All that happened, that wasn't my fault. Avalon did that. Not me.

She jumped as Nel put his hand on hers.

"It's okay, focus harder."

Zethan slightly turned.

"Forget it, she's useless."

"She is not!" Myster defended.

She felt Nel stare at her, perhaps contemplating whether she really was capable of doing it. Zethan's cold voice criticized her while Myster adamantly defended her. Zethan started to shift away---but she jerked him back.

"I haven't tried yet!"

Suddenly a surge of immense volt made her arms glow and blind everyone---including her.

She flinched back in alarm, rubbing her eyes and squinting. She rubbed her eyes again and again---but she found her vision black.

"I-I can't see. I can't see. I can't see!"

She listened hard, still rubbing at her eyes. She heard something in the distance....it sounded like bubbles--like water. She placed her hands out, trying to get some idea of where she was.

"H-hey--can anybody hear me? I-I can't hear anybody. "

She floundered around aimlessly---somehow it smelled dank...maybe like dirty mud. There was also something sweet like flowers or plants.

She rubbed at her eyes again and found them wet.

She felt a pit of panick start to grow in her gut.

She blinked back the wet, and saw her hands. They weren't hers--but seemed familar. They were bruised, cut, and scraped, covered in muck and pebbles digging themselves into the tan skin. Cyan turned up, feeling her body way heavier than usual---and she saw moonlight.

It twinkled too bright for her glazed eyes. She tried to shield herself away, but she seemed to have lost her arms.

The unnerving ringing was at first just notable by the fluctuating of the sound. But it grew with every pulse---till it was piercing and screeching as loud as her own screams of agony.

But soon enough it settled, and was replaced by someone's giggling.

She staggered closer to the moonlight--realizing it wasn't moonight. A huge budding blossom glowing a beautiful blue hung upon the cieling. The whole rocky cieling was covered in the giant luminescent flowers. Her head turned down to the figure on the dirt.

The woman was laying unnaturally stiff, with her face twisted into a wide grin. She seemed to be sinking into the mud--but it was the black oily vines coiled and tangled round her limbs pulling her further in. She was dehydrated to the point that her body shriveled and her veins protruded--her skin molding to a gray-green smear. She almost seemed like a twisted malignant tree that lingered round the corners of a deserted graveyard.

She twitched and jerked erratically--but the roots held her tightly in place. Her golden hair had grown white; it appeared like that of a cobweb gathered into the crevices of the water-drowned rocks beneath her mossy resting place.

Cyan's body collapsed before her, kneeling over her decomposing body.

The firm hand that was attached to Cyan's body brushed against the woman's cheek. She jerked towards it--growling and grinding her teeth into the skin. The hand didn't move even an inch.

Cyan realized her eyes were fogging up and her vision distorting in tears.

She didn't need any other clue. She knew exactly who's hand it was and who it was trying to comfort. Of course, she didn't look like the same person.

Her usually rosied cheeks were caving into her skull--wrinkling at every crevice. Her skin crawled in the same inky purple veins that creeped down her neck.

She was once a beautiful thing, Cyan thought, she was once vibrant in her perfection.

Until...

Cyan wanted to shut her eyes, but it was useless. His vision was in her mind---within her eye lids. She was writhing and thrashing but her body wouldn't respond.

She kept at it, crying out in frustration as the vision of tears falling upon Omena's shriveled purple face insisted on swinging at her chest.

Until...

*

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

655K 16.2K 80
"Alexa, Where is your brother?" Anthony asked. Oh no. That was the voice that he would take when he was starting to get angry. "Why are you looking...
1.9K 48 13
I breathed in slightly my eyes fixed in fascination as I looked down at my electrified hands still pulsating throughout my entire body. I looked down...
The Blood Order Від Esther Steel

Наукова фантастика

212K 8.5K 61
"Are you coming to bed firefly?" He says to me laying his hands over my waist joining me in looking over the city. "I want to look out for a little...
Besties Never Lie ♥ Від Diya<3

Підліткова література

6.9K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...