If You Let Me

By MissGabyGee

"I don't wanna be just a memory And I don't wanna feel your wings break free Because without you I'm lost... More

If You Let Me
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Yes, Im hella Annoying.
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
BRUH.
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Hate Me Now 💀🤣✌🏽
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Delays Delays and Ideas !
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
I GET THOSE GOOSE BUMPS EVERY TIME!
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
🤣🤣🤣
Chapter 92
LOVE YOU MORE
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
DLS
Chapter 96
Hate Me Now Pt 2
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
HONESTLY !
October 27th 2017
Chapter 100 💙🤙🏽
ADD THE SEQUEL

Chapter 30

54.3K 2K 326
By MissGabyGee

"You always on my mind
True talk girl I ain't lyin'
I'm tryna make you mine
Let me set you free and watch you fly" 

Set You Free - Bryson Tiller

Janae

"King?" I called King's name he was staring at me shocked at the story I just told him.

"I thought I taught you better" he screamed with dramatic antics.

I laughed at his silliness he knew me like a book but this he didn't expect this.

"Was it any good?"

"Yeah I guess so but listen! Lisa told me Miguel invited her us to Ace and since I didn't stay for your birthday I'd like for you to come with" I smiled.

"Ace? When is it ? I gotta check my schedule" he rolled his eyes.

"Boy please and tomorrow night" I laughed.

"You got me real fucked up, but I'm free. Is Shanice going ? You know she loves some of Miguel"

"Of course she's going, can't leave my sister girl out to dry like that"

"Did you invite Thunder Cat ?"

"No I did not, you know him and Miguel can't be in the same room together"

"Okay, good. Don't need another shootout to break out. I'm getting tired of ducking low when he comes around" King joked.

"Cut it out" I laughed.

"It's true, your little feline friend be on a thousand. No one ever told him he should look into anger management classes?" King shook his head.

"You too much this morning I can't stand you"

"You love me bitch" King grinned.

"So, do you guys think you can give it another shot?"

"What? Dating ?"

"Yeah, I mean a real shot this time"

"I don't know, I kind of like our friendship. Now that everything is out in the open or whatever" I shook my head.

"But?" King waited for me to continue.

"I just feel like we'd fuck it up by adding a title to it right now"

"But if you don't he's free to do whatever and so are you"

"That's true"

"So ?"

"I don't know, I like the few times we hung out minus what we did, he's actually pretty fun to be around."

"The drug dealer is fun? Who would have known"

"I'm serious King" I slapped King's arm playfully.

"I all I hear is a premature sprung bitch"

"What?!" I laughed.

"Yeah keep laughing, by Christmas this man gonna have you living in his crib"

"Living in his crib? Isn't that a little too far" I eyed him.

"You gonna have a draw" King laughed.

"Whatever man"

"So what we celebrating tomorrow night?"

"I have no clue I just know Miguel told Lisa to come and she invited all of us" I smiled.

"Now I have to think of a fit"

"So do I" I laughed.

"So about that Rollie"

"Oh shit! I forgot about that!"

"You gonna wear it ... pawn it ?"

"I can't pawn it now King"

"So are you going to put it on?"

"I might" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I can't wait to hear what your father says when he sees that"

"I'm sure he won't notice."

"If you say so" he laughed.

"I know so"

***

"You wanted to speak to me Dr.Wang?" I knocked on Dr. Wang office door.

"Yes Janae, come in"

I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"Have seat, give me a second" he looked through papers.

I took a seat and looked around his office. I never really been in here before he had been talking to each of the nursing students this entire week. I was wondering when I was going to speak to him.

"So how's it going?" He smiled.

"Going fine I guess" I smiled back.

"All the head nurses have nothing but good things to say about you around here" he sat back in his seat.

"Oh really? I'm just doing what I'm being asked to" I shook my head.

"That's good, they see a lot of potential in you and so do I"

"Thank you" I smiled again.

"That's why I called you in here, I think you'll do good with trauma, you seem to never get flustered and you take everything with ease. We need that kind of attitude and work ethic on the ER floor"

"ER?" I asked puzzled, I never really thought about it.

"Yes mam, I think you'd be a fine fit for the mad dash that comes through the emergency room."

"But I thought I was going to the transplant unit?" I asked confused.

"You were but you seem to have an eye for worst case scenarios. You have impressed your superior nursing staff with how knowledgeable you are. Also a little birdie told me you are a Nurse Practitioner candidate at school. With that kind of experience in the ER you'll be more than prepare when you graduate grad school" he smiled.

I didn't even think of it like that, I just wanted to work with people and make them feel better or comfortable if possible.

"So what do you say?"

"If this is your professional advice than I'll take it. When would I start ?"

"Your schedule will change a little but you'll be doing a Friday and Saturday night clinical in the ER. You'll start next week" he smiled.

"Oh okay"

"Hope that won't be an issue, we can arrange for your work schedule to change up a bit"

"Yes, when will the necessary paperwork need to be done?"

"End of today, well speak don't want to take too much of your lunch break" he smiled.

I stood up and smiled.

"Thank you, have a good one" I exited his office.

That was crazy, all these damn older nurses are such dicks to us, half the time we have to suck it up. I never knew they were scoping all of us out, well me at least.

"Hey" I sat next to Shanice.

"What's up? What did he say?"

"He gave me Trauma" I eyed her.

"The ER, yoooo it's lit" she smiled.

"You think so?"

"Hell yeah, you about to see it all girl"

"I know, might scare me" I shook my head.

"Good thing we're not in bad neighborhood, because it would have been over the type of shit you see" Shanice sighed.

"You right about that" 

Dave

I sat in my whip as I waited for Jay to come out of work, she had no clue I was coming to get her but that was my usual. I sat back listening to some of my songs that I had finished recording earlier this week. Getting a feel for it, to see if I wanted to change anything up. I looked at my phone for messages, Jay had texted me at around 1 but that's the last time I heard from her.

I watched as she exited the building with her friend, as she walked out a man came behind her and grabbed her arm causing them to stop. I pushed my shade back and watch as she turned around. Her face went from confused to a smile, he spoke and than handed her a red folder he was holding. She shook her head and he smiled, they exchanged a few more words and Jay waved good bye as they parted way. She hit the sidewalk and I blew the horn, causing her and Shanice to turn in my direction.

Jay's face went from annoyed to a smile, she looked back at Shanice who smiled and waved, causing me to laugh a little and wave back. They spoke to each other, it seemed like Jay was trying to get her to walk over to the car but she refused. They laughed then hugged each other, Shanice waved again and went her own way. Jay walked over to the car and rolled down the window.

"Wassup cutie?" I smiled, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Hey stalker" she laughed.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really, how you knew I was getting out this time?" she eyed me.

"I had no clue, I just tried my luck" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hard to believe but okay"

"You gonna get in?" I eyed her.

"If you ask nicely"

"Can you please get in my whip so I can go eat" I laughed.

She opened the car door, placing her hand bag on the dashboard and then her work back on the floor, she hopped in and closed the door.

"Bag lady?"

"I had class this morning than clinical, and my schedule just changed" she waved the red folder in front of me.

"Oh that's why that man came for ya" I started the car.

"Yeah, he's the director of the program this year" she placed her seat belt on.

"Blasian persuasion" I teased.

"Yeah, he's probably one of the best looking doctors in there" she laughed.

I pulled up to a red light and looked over to her with a plain face.

"What?" she laughed.

"Gimmie lip" I teased her.

"Can you please focus on the road? And where are you taking me?" she asked.

"To get some grub"

"Where's Kaiya?"

"She's at her other grandma house today"

"Oh, okay"

"So I'm going to be at the studio tomorrow night and I was wondering if you'd like to come by?"

"I can't" she looked at me.

"Busy?" I asked as I looked at the road.

"Yeah, going out with my cousins"

"Cool, where ya knuckle heads going?"

"Ace"

I looked over to her than back to the road, I knew this nigga did not invite his cousins to a business meet.

"Ya sure about that? Ace get's a little rowdy"

"I'm sure, it was Miguel's idea, so I'll be fine" she smiled.

"Miguel, he a funny nigga" I laughed a little, remembering our encounter from Monday.

"Really? How so?"

"I just know so, I don't think Ace is a good look ma" I shook my head.

"I'll be fine David"

"It's just not a spot a pretty girl like you needs to be at"

"I'm sure if Miguel invited me and Lisa, we're good to go"

Oh this nigga here, he knew that one way or another I'd find out that Jay was gonna be at the club tomorrow night and because I didn't trust what kind of situation it was he knew I would show up. This fuck nigga here !

"You right, you a big girl"

"Mhmm" she smirked.

"So a friend can't get a kiss from a friend?"

"If I say no, you going to to do it anyway before I leave you, so whatever"

She leaned over and grabbed my chin gently, pulling my face towards hers, she placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"You smoked before getting me, didn't you?" she rolled her eyes.

"Well damn inspector gadget, yes" I laughed.

"I can taste it off your lips"

"My bad, next time I'll wait" I laughed.

"Whatever" she shook her head laughing.

"What you in the mood for?" she asked.

"Some Jamaican food" I looked over to her with a sly smirk.

"Oh you got the munchies"

"You don't understand" I laughed.

"Jerk chicken on you" she did a little dance in her seat.

"Yeah, yeah, when do I ever let you pay"

"Never, but you never let me do it when I planned the trip"

"Not my style sweetheart"

"Christmas?" she eyed me.

"Don't celebrate that ma"

"Oh yeah, I forgot ... well I guess your birthday?"

"All the way in June"

"Oh hell nah, Christmas it is" she laughed.

"Suit yourself ma"

***

"Is it disrespectful to eat pork in your presence on your dime?" she asked me with squinted eyes.

I just started laughing and shook my head no.

"You a clown, no it's not. It would be disrespectful for you to try and feed me it" I eyed her.

"Noted"

We were uptown by the 2 line, a little hidden gem that sold the best Jamaican food in the Bronx.

"You know about all the spots" she took a sip of her ginger beer.

"I be all over the place ma"

"That I could tell, in your range because the train clearly ain't your style" she laughed.

"Not anymore, but at one point that was my only mode of transportation"

"I hear ya"

"So I know it ain't none of business, but why you ain't got a whip? I see your parents got they own"

She laughed and shook her head.

"I get mine when I graduate, that was the promise" she laughed.

"I was wondering"

"Yeah, I didn't have a  sweet 16 so I could get this whip"

"Well damn what kind of car you want?"

"An all black mustang" she gleamed.

"Okay I see you"

"It's been my dream car for so long" she poked her food with her fork.

"Yeah man, that's a clean machine"

"Yup"

I stopped eating and placed my hand over her hand, she stopped eating and looked up at me.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Nothing man, I'm just thinking.."

"About?"

"You, me ... us ... tomorrow" I shook my head.

"Are you upset about me going to the club?" she asked a little confused.

"Not at all"

"So?"

"I don't know man, I just been thinking how I almost fucked this up"

"Uh, you did Dave" she laughed.

"But you turned it around, maybe Mama was right, we weren't listening to each other"

"Nah, you was listening, I wasn't"

"Let's agree to disagree" she smiled.

"You gonna be my girl before you know it"

Excuse the mistakes

Happy Sunday ?? ...

Sigh ..

I'm getting somewhere ?

Love it ?

Like it?

Hate it ?

Confused?

Appreciate the love <3

xoMissGabyGee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 18.9K 27
From basketball to the streets that's all Dave ever had time for. He wanted to be the greatest on the court and most respected in the streets Follow...
228K 5.1K 28
Jayda has been a hard worker all her life. Everything thing she has she bought it and never needed a man But someone steps in and tries to show her d...
65.4K 3.5K 90
Cause only I can make you feel the way you feel Time to make you feel it for real
638K 25.3K 24
Now I just wanna know Don't you sugarcoat I'll say it all if you won't Now could you tell me like it is? Pretty little fears Music to my ears