Fred Weasley x Reader

By forgeandgredweasley

Just a (not so) short Fred x Reader. Begins right before the Quidditch world cup. You're staying at the burro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 9

54.3K 1.2K 2.7K
By forgeandgredweasley

A/N: I always feel like i'm disappointing you guys for not having an update schedule, but I try to update as soon as I can. If only school work wasn't wearing me down. ~Sigh~ Anyways, here's another chapter!

(Also, I know some of you have siblings, but lets just pretend you're an only child.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers pov

It felt as if a hook had been yanked behind my nasal and my feet left the ground. I felt Ginny and Cedric bumping shoulders with me while we flew through the air, magically stuck to the ratty old boot. It kept on like this for a few seconds before my feet were slammed onto the ground and I toppled over into someone. 

While pushing a few strands of my h/c hair out of my eyes I noticed the only people still standing were the adults and Cedric. I also noticed I was laying in a pile at Cedric's feet. I stood quickly, brushing grass from my muggle jeans and looking across the misty moor where we had landed. 

"Seven past five from Stoatshead Hill." A gruff voice announced. 

Two very tired looking wizards stood in front of our group dressed in awful muggle clothing. One of the men began speaking to Mr. Weasley while I turned to Ginny. 

"Some ride, eh?" I asked. 

She laughed quietly while trying to gather her hair back into it's original ponytail. 

"Here, let me help," I moved to be behind her and began gently pulling her hair back into a low ponytail. She dropped her hands and allowed me to untangle a stubborn twig from her ginger locks. 

"You are such a big sister," She mumbled quietly. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-" I began.

"No, no, no! I meant it as a good thing! It's nice. You know- since i'm the only girl besides mum. And even though 'Mione's around too, well she really hangs out with Harry and Ron." Ginny rambled on. I looked away from her hair and over at the twins. Fred's eyes caught mine he smiled brightly at me. A barely noticeable blush crept up my neck and I turned back to Ginny's hair, finishing the ponytail. 

I was silent for a moment, thinking over what she had said. "Well, I enjoy having a little sister like you." 

She turned around to face me and smiled a grateful smile that I returned. Her smile then turned into a smirk and a mischievous twinkle filled her eyes.

"Do you know who used to do my hair when mum was busy?" She asked. 

"Who?" I asked, genuinely curious. 

Her smile grew wider as she answered, "Ron." 

I laughed a little too loudly, "Ron?" 

She nodded,"And do you know who did it when mum and Ron were busy?"

"Who?" 

"Fred." 

I laughed again, "Really?" 

"Yeah, when I was younger he would comb it for me and put it in ponytails and help me untangle it. He even used to braid it if I wanted. Ron would only comb it." 

"And you still have hair?" I asked incredulously. 

"Obviously," She rolled her eyes. 

"He was surprisingly good at braids too." 

"Come on everyone! We've got a bit of a walk ahead!" Mr. Weasley called out, interrupting our conversation.

Fred Weasley can do hair, I thought to myself.

We set out across the deserted moor, talking in hushed whispers as if speaking too loud was forbidden on the mist covered ground. 

"Some mist we've got here?" A kind voice said to me. I turned and saw Cedric smiling at me. I nodded my head, not knowing what else to say. 

"Are you at least rooting for Ireland?" He asked. 

"Of course we are!" Ginny spoke from my other side. I mentally groaned. Once you get this girl started on Quidditch, she never shuts up. 

"I've heard they've got a good team this year. Mullet seems to be a crowd favorite." He added. 

"Well, of course he is! He's one of the best chasers we've had on the team in ages. Along with Troy and Moran, Ireland's chasers are practically unbeatable." I announced in a feverish whisper. Cedric chuckled quietly while Ginny asked in a whisper, "Why are you whispering?" 

"Because Gin, I don't want to disturb the peace." I whispered back. 

"The peace is about to be over anyway- Look." She pointed to a small stone cottage, just barely visible through the thick fog. 

"Cedric, my boy! We're going this way." Amos' loud voice rang through the air, making both Ginny and I jump. 

"Looks like I've got to go. I hope to see you again." Cedric said to me. A small blush colored my cheeks.

"And you as well." He added quickly after seeing Ginny's face. 

The rest of the group bid goodbye to the two Diggory's (except for the twins, of course) and walked up to the muggle man standing in the doorway of the cottage.

"Morning!" Mr. Weasley said brightly.

"Morning," The man responded, not as cheerily as Mr. Weasley. 

I was lost in thought about what the inside of the camp would look like when Mr. Weasley beckoned Harry and I over to him. 

"Help me, Y/n, Harry," He pulled a roll of muggle money out and began to pull the notes apart. 

"This ones a..a..a- ten? Yes, a ten. I see the little number on it now. And this one? It's a... five?" He guessed.

A bit my lip to hide my smile while Harry corrected him,"A twenty."

"Ah yes, so it is... I don't know these little bits of paper..."

I started towards the twins, knowing that Harry would be enough help. 

"Hey you two." I smiled stopping in front of them.

They stopped their whispering and looked at me. 

I raised an eyebrow at them, "What are you guys planning now?" I whispered. 

They shared a look and nodded at each other and nodded once. They both grabbed one of my arms and pulled me to the back of the group. Once we were out of earshot, George released my arm. 

"Swear you won't tell anyone." He demanded. 

"Do I need to make an unbreakable vow? Yes, I swear." I rushed. To be honest I was trying to ignore the fact that Fred still had his hand clamped onto my wrist. But I wasn't going to say anything yet. 

"Alright, we're going to make a few bets with some people, like-" George began.

"Ludo Bagman." Fred finished. He looked down to his hand and yanked it away quickly. 

Was that a blush? 

If it had been it was gone in a matter of seconds.

"Bagman? Are you sure you can trust him with your money? I've heard a few things about Ludo Bagman, and nothing good." I was thinking back to all the times Percy had scowled at his name and called him a liar and cheat. 

"'Course we can. Besides, it's not like we're the only ones betting. There'll be thousands of pools going around." George said cockily. 

I shook my head slightly. Bagman was nothing but trouble. 

"Alright, Thank you! Okay, everyone, time to go inside." Mr. Weasley called out loudly.

A/N: I feel like I need to have an authors note at the end of every chapter. If you guys get tired of them please tell me. Speaking of tired, ya'll must be getting very tired of me not having an updating schedule. I'll try to work something out. Well, here's another chapter. Hope you like! See you later lovelies.

(P.s: I absolutely love the readers big sister/little sister friendship with Ginny. I hope you guys do too.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 3.1K 40
A Fred Weasley x Reader story. You are in your fifth year at Hogwarts and everything is going great. That is, until your boyfriend of seven months ch...
8.7K 75 29
Y/n- your name L/n- last name N/n- nickname None of these characters belong to me, they belong to J.K Rowling. Some of this stuff doesn't totally...
788K 25.7K 106
𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏...
21.9K 903 37
Harry Potter starts off his Fourth Year going to the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasleys, a happy reprieve from the torture that is the Dursleys. H...