Chapter 49

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

"Wakey-Wakey, Y/n/n," A voice called...Lee's voice called. 

I mumbled a few incoherent words, telling him to sod off. 

"We're almost there. You have to change," He shook my shoulder, pulling back quickly as I blindly tried to smack him away. 

"Honestly, Y/n, it's our last year and you've spent most of one of our last train rides asleep!" He said exasperatedly, falling back into his seat.  

Opening my eyes, I saw an annoyed Lee sitting across from me. George was asleep next to him, his face pressed against the wall of the compartment. 

"How come you're letting him sleep?" I whined childishly while sitting up. 

Lee looked over to George curiously before giving him a rough shove and causing him to startle awake. 

"What the bloody hell was that for?" He groaned, running a hand over his face. 

"See? Not asleep," Lee grinned cheekily. 

I rolled my eyes and realized Fred was nowhere to be seen.

 I shrugged off his robe that had been draped over me like a blanket before asking, "Where's Freddie?" 

"'Dunno. He left a bit ago to go change," Lee answered while George yawned, wiping the sleep from his eyes. 

"Oh, okay," I mumbled, snatching my robes and uniform before adding, "Be right back."

As I walked down the aisle to find the loo to change in I was suddenly affronted with the sight of Angelina leaning against one of the compartments talking with Fred. He was leaning towards her, weight on his hand, positioned above her shoulder. Perhaps it was their closeness or the fact that she was smiling at something he said but I felt as thought the wind was knocked out of me. 

Instead of stopping like I normally would to chat with them, I put my head down and brushed past them silently. 

"Oh, hey, Y/n!" Fred called after me.

I silently cursed myself and turned around, forcing a smile onto my face, "Hey."

"Hey, Y/n/n!" Angelina beamed, ducking under his arm and giving me a tight hug. 

"Hi, Angie," I sighed, awkwardly hugging her back as I held my change of clothes and avoided Fred's eyes from over her shoulder. 

After releasing me she seemed to want to say something else but I took a step backwards, "Uh, I gotta go change. I'll see you later?" 

Before another word I turned and ran smack into someone's chest, causing me to trip and them to catch my waist. 

"Rowena, Y/l/n, I'm used to girls tripping over me but this is ridiculous!" The lighthearted voice chuckled and I silently cursed my horrid luck. Jeremy Stretton. He was a Ravenclaw in my year. 

"Jeremy! I'm so sorry!" I blushed, realizing his hand was still firmly on my waist.

He laughed, his curly mahogany hair falling into his blue eyes. He finally released his hold, standing me up straight before reaching down to pick up the tie I had dropped. 

He gently handed the tie back before grinning, "If you wanted to see me so bad you should've just said somethin'."

I grimaced, now fully aware of Fred and Angelina's gazes on us. 

"Yes, well... I'm sorry about running into you-"

"I'm not," he said, still smiling.

I glanced at him curiously, "You aren't?"

"Not at all, Y/l/n. I've been meaning to get an update on that Hogsmeade date."

If possible, I blushed even harder now remembering what he was talking about. 

In fifth year he had asked to accompany me to Hogsmeade many times, and each time I had turned him down because of a certain ginger. Jeremy was extremely handsome and practically had a fan club following him around so I just couldn't fathom why he had his sights set on me. 

He continued to look at me expectantly and his piercing blue gaze caused me to shift uncomfortably.

He confidence faltered as he glanced at our small audience, but only for a moment before returning, "Hey, it's alright. We can talk later, yeah?"

I gave a sigh of relief before finally letting a grateful smile fall onto my face, "Definitely. Thanks, Jeremy." 

He grinned again, nodded towards Angelina and Fred, before saying "See ya around" and walking past us. 

Not even turning to look back at the two behind me, I continued to the loo, making extra sure to pay attention this time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I finished changing and making my way back to the compartment the train had just pulled up to the station. 

Ignoring the stares from George and Lee (Fred had obviously told them what had happened), I stashed my clothes and began to make my way to the carriages. 

Lee jogged to catch up with me and threw an arm around my shoulder. I felt him turn towards me as he asked, "Stretton, really?" 

I gave a pouty Fred an annoyed look before shrugging Lee's arm off, "Oh, knock it off you lot! He's asked me to Hogsmeade a few times, so what? I haven't taken him up on the offer yet."

"Yet?" Fred scowled, "So you're going too?"

I rolled my eyes again, and (just to mess with them) answered, "I just might. He's saner than you three."

George and Lee shared an uncomfortable look before settling into the carriage seat, leaving Fred and I to share one. The ride up to the castle was agonizingly quiet so when it came to a halt I nearly broke the door trying to escape. 

Lee and I walked together, with the twins trailing behind us aways. 

"Stretton has asked you out before?" Lee asked.

I shrugged, "A few times in fifth year. Once last year. I've obviously turned him down every time."

"How come you never told us?" He grumbled.

I rolled my eyes, "Because you lot are overprotective, nosy prats and would've pranked him or hexed the life out of him."

He mumbled incoherently as we sat down at Gryffindor table. 

"I'm not going out with him. Beside's even if I did his little fan club would have my head," I said loud enough for the twins to hear as they sat across from us. 

"Good. You can do better." George decided, giving his brother the side eye. Fred, who's mood changed to a much more pleasant one, nodded his agreement but quickly stopped smiling as his eyes searched the staff table, "Who's that?"

We turned to look at the table, all grimacing when our eyes landed on a toad-looking woman adorned in all pink. She seemed to give off a great air of disgust and disdain and I wondered if she was part dementor, with the ability she had to suck the happiness out of the room. 

"Oh, she looks like a load of fun," I rolled my eyes.

"She looks like she'll make our lives hell," George spat. 

"She looks like we're going to make her life hell," Lee grinned wickedly. 

A/N: Okay, so a bit of a shorter chapter here. Please don't hate me for adding a lil drama into this mix! I want to keep this book interesting and sometimes throwing in a little plot twist helps a lot. I promise I won't drag this slow burn out forever! Also, I love Lee so much. He's so sweet and I just love him in this book. I'm trying to update and write as much as possible so please be patient! I'm doing my best! Also, another quick reminder because I have a feeling there's someone out here that needs this: I am so proud of you. Look at how far you've come. You are so wonderful and beautiful and amazing. I love you guys and remember, I'm rooting for you! Now keep spreading your kindness and I'll keep writing this book. See you later, lovelies.