Chapter 36

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

"Hermione, I was joking. I know I haven't got a chance of turning into a frog by tomorrow morning..."

"Harry? Ron? What are you two doing here? Hermione? Well, I understand why you're here. And why would Harry need to turn into a frog tomorrow?" I asked.

It was the evening before the second task and the trio was spending it in the library. There was a massive pile of books laid out before them. Harry paused to look up at me quickly before returning to his feverish flipping of book pages. 

"Are you alright, Harry?" I asked. 

The poor boy look terrified and exhausted. 

Hermione sighed, "We're trying to figure out a spell."

I sat down nest to Harry, "Really? What spell? Maybe I could help?"

"What she means is, we're trying to find a spell," Ron grumbled and tossed another book aside. 

"For what?" I asked carefully.

"Do you know how to breathe underwater?" Harry asked suddenly.

Confusion flashed across my face, replaced by understanding, "Harry... you said you had the egg figured out..."

"I do now, kind of. All I need is a spell that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour."

"And your solution is to turn into a frog?" I asked.

"Not anymore, apparently..." He mumbled. 

"Well," I paused thinking, "It doesn't have to be a spell, does it?"

Harry looked up, "No... I guess not. Why? Have you got an id-"

"Oh this is no use," Hermione snapped, shutting Weird Wizarding Dilemmas. "Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?" 

"I wouldn't mind. Be a talking point, wouldn't it?" Fred's voice said.

We looked up to see that the twins had appeared. 

"It'd look great on you, Freddie," I mused before turning a page in the book I had picked up, forgetting what we were previously talking about.

"What're you two doing here?" Ron asked. 

"Looking for you. Well, not really. We were looking for Y/n and Hermione. McGonagall wants to see you 'em."

"Why?" Hermione asked, clearly surprised. 

"Dunno... she was looking a bit grim, though," Fred answered. 

Hermione turned to me, "Who'd you punch now? And why am I involved?"

I faked offense, "Hermione, I'm hurt. Really, you think I'd drag you down with me?"

"You've done it before." She deadpanned. 

"Fair enough. Where too, Georgie-boy?" I asked.

"We're supposed to take you down to her office," George said. 

"We'll meet you back in the common room. Bring as many of these books as you both can, okay?" Hermione said to the boys.

"Right," Harry said uneasily. Ron nodded. 

We stood and followed the twins out of the library. 

"So... This isn't a prank? And you really don't know what she wants?" I asked Fred.