Chapter 20

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readers Pov

I walked back to the castle with George and dumped the empty jars in a broom closet on my way to Potions.

We made it to Potions right before Professor Snape entered the classroom. George sat next to Lee as I walked right past the empty space next to Fred to sit with Alicia. She gave me an odd look but I only smiled back. 

Potions went by quickly with the Slytherin's insulting the Gryffindors and vice-versa. I caught up to Katie, Angelina and Alicia in the Entrance Hall. At the bottom of the staircase was a large sign everyone was talking about excitedly. We pushed our way through the sea of students and stopped in front of the sign.

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT
THE DELEGATIONS FROM BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG WILL BE ARRIVING AT 6 O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OF OCTOBER. LESSONS WILL END HALF AN HOUR EARLY. STUDENTS WILL RETURN THEIR BAGS AND BOOKS TO THEIR DORMITORIES AND ASSEMBLE IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE TO GREET OUR GUESTS BEFORE THE WELCOMING FEAST.

"That's only a week away!" Alicia shouted. 

"Are you still going to enter, Ange?" Katie asked. Angelina and Katie were both eligible to enter the competition.

"I think so. Are you going to?" She replied.

"I dunno. Mum thinks it'll be too dangerous. But I might."

We began to walk to the Great Hall for dinner. I was a few steps behind the girls when a pair of arms reached out from behind a tapestry and grabbed me. They pulled me into a secret passageway and pulled out a wand. 

I was about to fight my attacker before the wand lit up and I was faced with the twins and Lee. Fred released me and I swung my book bag at his head.

"Don't do that!" I hissed as it made contact with the side of his face. 

"Ow! Are you carrying a cauldron in that thing?" He rubbed the spot where it made contact. 

"What do you three want?" I asked while folding my arms.

"We wanted to apologize for earlier," Lee explained while eyeing the bag in case I decided to take a swing at him. 

"And you couldn't have done that without the dramatics?" 

"We didn't think you'd talk willingly," he grinned sheepishly. 

"Fair point. And you?" I tuned to Fred who was still nursing his head. 

"What about me?" he questioned. 

"You have nothing to apologize for?"

"Exactly, I have nothing to apologize for. I'm glad we reached an understanding!" he smiled cheekily. 

I glared at him before walking back to the main hall. 

"Y/n! Wait! I was only joking!" he shouted and ran up to me. 

"Tell me, Fred, have you ever taken anything seriously?" I said as I turned to face him. 

"Of course I have." 

I raised an eyebrow, "Then can we have a serious conversation?"

"Of course we can."