Chapter 46

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fred's Pov

After Y/n arrived our days were spent with more cleaning, product testing, and trying to spy on the order members. 

George and I were currently crouched at the top of the stairs, trying to listen in on the meeting happening in the dining room. We were trying out longer extendable ears but having trouble with the volume and connection. 

I was getting frustrated and yanked it away from my ear before leaning my head on the stairway railing. George went to pull his back up but fumbled and dropped it on the bottom floor. 

"Right on there, Georgie!" Y/n's cheery voice came from behind us. 

"Yeah, yeah," he grumbled, rummaging through his pockets for his wand before realizing he'd left it in our room and couldn't apparate down. He groaned again before getting up and beginning to trudge downstairs.

Y/n laughed and replaced his spot beside me. 

"Wotcher, Freddie," she grinned.

This time I groaned as I turned to look at her, "You've been spending too much time with Tonks."

She laughed again before resting her head on my shoulder. 

"It's our last year at Hogwarts."

I rested my head on hers, watching our feet swing back and forth, "That it is Y/n/n. Hate to admit it, but I think I'm gonna miss the place."

"'Course you are. It's where we met... And where we met Lee and I met Georgie. It's everything. It's home. And to tell you the truth I don't think I'm ready to leave yet," her head suddenly shot up, "What if we lose touch? What if I never hear from any of you ever again and I'm stuck in a boring muggle job I hate for the rest of my life?" 

I gently moved her face to where we were making eye contact and gave her grin, "We won't. And you definitely won't. You're too talented. And you honestly think we'll loose touch after nearly seven years?"

I hadn't realized how close our faces were to each other. I felt like I'd been petrified, and couldn't do anything about it. Her gorgeous e/c eyes stared back into mine and for that moment I was positive that I never wanted to look into anyone else's ever again. 

There were light steps coming up the stairs and Ginny's voice as she called out for Y/n. This seemed to break her trance and she gently took my hand and gave it a little squeeze before pressing a kiss to my cheek and standing. 

"What's up, Gin?"

I was still frozen but saw Ginny look between us before asking, "Did you two just snog or something?"

Y/n laughed lightly, "No. Just talking about our last year at school."

Gin frowned, "Oh yeah. I forgot about that."

Y/n wrapped an arm around Ginny's shoulder and began leading her down the stairs, "It's alright, Gin. I'll be around forever to annoy you."

There was a cracking sound and George was standing next to me. 

"Godric, Georgie!"

"Calm down mate. Look like you've seen a bloody dementor. What happened?" He chuckled.

I stood up and began walking to our room, "Honestly? No idea."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next week I wasn't able to be around Y/n as much as I wanted. Between spying on the order, George's consistent teasing, and mum's orders to clean, everything seemed to be keeping us apart. We finally had a break from cleaning and George and I were once again crouched at the top of the stairs when suddenly shouting was heard from the floor below us, "-BUT DUMBLEDORE MADE YOU SWEAR-"