Do you even ball? ~Lamelo Bal...

By ballbros123

Freshman year. We've all been through it, the feeling like you are being watched and everyone knows you're ne... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N
Chapter 10
Chatper 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
A/N
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
A/N
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
A/N
A/N
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 37

2.7K 58 3
By ballbros123

Lamelo's P.O.V.

My brothers and I got back home, and we all went straight to our rooms to get ready. I grabbed a black and white Big Baller Brand t-shirt, and camo BBB sweatpants to change into. Once I was ready, I walked downstairs into the kitchen to see my dad talking to the camera people.

"Hey, Melo Dip! You ready for this interview?" My dad exclaimed as soon as he saw me. I smiled at him and walked towards them.

"I guess I'm ready," I tell him with a shrug. He chuckled and patted my shoulder.

"You're always ready," he comments., turning towards the camera guy, "Trust me, he's a natural at interviews." I give the camera guy a smile and walk towards the fridge. I searched through it for a little bit, until I decided on just eating chips.

I close the fridge and opened a cupboard, grabbing my bag of chips. I headed out back with my chips to start shooting some hoops while we waited to start. Right before I reached the door to go outside, someone stopped me to put a microphone on. It's nothing new, with how many interviews I've done, I'm used to it.

After he is done putting on my microphone, I walk outside to find Gelo and Zo already outside shooting hoops.

"Aye, toss me a ball!" I shout as I start to jog towards the basket. Zo tosses me the ball, and I attempt to dunk it.

I am getting better, just not really making it all the time.

"Like I said last time. Hoop dreams man, hoop dreams," Zo teases, shaking his head at my attempt.

"I AM better than you. So watch yourself," I playfully threaten, even though I lowkey mean it.

"That'll just make you second," Gelo said, "I mean, at least it's not last," he finishes with a shrug.

"Boy, you know imma be better than you, too!" I shout at him.

"To be better than either of us, you'd have to be able to dunk it first, and that's not happening. So, I'd shut up," Zo reasoned.

"Agreed," Gelo responds, shooting a three and making it.

"Y'all know that I'm the best anyways," Zo comments, nonchalantly, while doing a layup.

"I don't know Zo, they're catching up to yea." I turn my head to see my dad walk out, with a camera guy following him, recording.

"Dad, you're suppose to be on my side!" Zo argues back. This isn't the first time we've had this conversation, in fact, we actually have it probably once, or twice, a week.

"I'm not on anyone's side, I'm just stating the facts," he says with a shrug. Lonzo rolls his eyes and continues shooting around.

"Okay, can you guys please clear this area. We need to get shots of you all individually," this lady told us, while walking out of our house. We all nod our heads, and get off the court.

I jump onto the counter, next to Gelo. They call Zo over, and start getting their shots of him.

"So, you and Mace again, huh?" Gelo asks, smiling and nudging my shoulder.

"Yea," I say with a cheeky smile. "I finally got my girl back," I happily sigh as I lean back onto my elbows.

"Good, cause that means that I get my sis back," Gelo states with a proud smile.

"Whatever," I chuckle. I swear, he likes her more than he liked me.

"Okay, Gelo, your turn!" The same lady called for Gelo.

He jumps off the counter and walks over to where Lonzo was previously standing. Zo walks back over to us, and takes Gelo's spot.

"So, Macy's pretty cool. Glad I finally got to properly meet her," Zo said while looking at me.

"Yea, she's great," I agree, smiling at just the thought of her.

"But, if you EVER hurt her again, or any other girl, especially for a bet, I will gladly beat the shit out of you!" He warns me while giving me a smile.

"No worries, I don't intend to," I defend, putting both of my hands into the air.

"Good," he said with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Okay, Melo, your up!" The lady shouted. I jumped off the counter, and headed over to the basketball court. Today is gonna be a long day.

~~~

After our photoshoot thing, we shot hoops for a while and just messed around. Currently, we are inside, waiting to be interviewed.

I was sitting on the couch, eating chips, and watching TV. That was until someone sat next to me and started asking me questions. I was being nice and answering them, not really paying to much attention, until they mentioned me not having a girlfriend.

"Uhm, yea I actually do have a girlfriend," I tell them. They stop rambling and look over at me.

"Wait really!? How come we didn't know about this? Does anyone know about this?" He asked.

"Yea my family and friends, but that's all. So, please don't go around and tell anyone," I replied, trying to hint at him that it's none of his business.

"Well who is she?" He as

"Why?" I asked. I don't want to sound rude, but I don't like people getting into my personal life, and Macy and I haven't even talked about letting everyone know that we are dating. We didn't even tell everyone when we dated the first time, and that was for two whole months! We both silently agreed that it'd be to much drama, especially with all the questions and the possible hate. I wouldn't want her to go through hate because of me. I already get enough of it, I don't need her to start getting any.

"Because it'd be nice to know. Don't you want people to know about your love life?"

"No, not really," I tell him, standing up from the couch. I've lost interest in this conversation.

"Where are you going?" The guy asked.

"Up to my room, where I can be alone!" I shouted back towards him as I was walking away. Gosh, people are so nosey.

~~~

Finally the interview thing is over, and I couldn't be happier. People might not know this, but I hate interviews, with a passion. I don't mind people asking me about my game, don't get me wrong there, but I really would prefer if they don't try to get into my personal life. Luckily, the interviewer didn't ask me about having a girlfriend, cause like I said, I don't want people to start hating on Macy if they find out that she's my girlfriend.

I blow out an exaggerated sigh while I lay on my bed. I should FaceTime Mace. Yea, that's a great idea. I smile at the amazing idea I just had, and grab my phone. I search my contacts for Babe😍😘, and then click to FaceTime her.

I waited a few seconds until she answers it.

"BABE! I'VE MISSED YOU!" I shout in excitement.

"Melo, you saw me like, what, 6 hours ago?" She laughs.

"Exactly, it's been so loooooong!" I drag out.

"It's been so long since what?" I turn my head to see Gelo and Zo walking in.

"None of your business," I say, pulling my phone towards my chest so they don't see Mace. If they see her, they'll just take my phone away from me to talk to her.

"What's on yo phone?" Zo questions me with a smirk.

"Nothing," I answer.

"Then show us it," Gelo dared, while both of them took a step closer to my bed.

"Nah, I'm good," I reply with a shrug.

"HEEEEEYYYY!!!" I hear Macy shout from the phone.

"No, Macy, shu-"

"MACY!!!" I look up and see Liangelo and Lonzo race from their spot, and tackle me on my bed.

"Ugh, get off of me!" I shout, trying to get out from under them.

"Not until you give us the phone!" Zo shouted, trying to pin my arms down.

He finally gets a good grip on my arms, and holds them down onto my bed while Gelo grabs my phone. Man, I hate being the youngest.

"Heeeey, Mace!" They both shout into the phone.

"Hi guys!" She shouts back.

"Getcho fat asses off of me, I can't breath!" I complain.

"Aye!" Zo shouts, turning his head to look at me. "Shut yo ass up, you my son, I do what I want."

"Nuh-uh, you my son!" I shout back, slapping his arm.

"You are both my sons, now shut up!" Gelo shouts. This leads to us getting into an argument about who is who's son.

"Hey! You're all my children, now shout the fuck up!" Macy yelled through the phone while laughing.

"Fair enough," Gelo shrugs.

"If she's yo ma, then I'm your father cause she's my wifey," I comment with smirk.

"Shut yo noodle head ass up," Zo said while laughing. They both finally got off of me, but I didn't get my phone back yet. I poked my head in between Gelo and Zo's to get a good look at my girl.

And that's how we spent the rest of our evening, facetiming Macy, and joking around. It couldn't have been better, well except for if she was actually here, but it was a close second.

------------------------------------------------------------------
(A/N)

Hey guys, I'm back! I'm soooooooo sorry for not updating recently! I was just really busy with college visits and prom, but I'll have another update coming out today. :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 367 12
odessa decides to make her choice to transfer to university of connecticut for her last year of college, not thinking about the possibility of runnin...
213K 4.7K 34
๏ฝกโ‹†สšโ™กโƒ›ษž she was harder to forget than she was to leave cover creds: @-sunfyres โ’ธ -latenighttalkinq
231K 9.2K 51
๐๐‘๐„๐“๐„๐๐ƒ ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„๐‘๐’... OR IN WHICH she was the overachieving cheerleader who can never quite figure out what's so special about falling in l...
140K 2K 31
Paige x Reader "Yeah all of that just to not work out in the end"