Cold Feet (COMPLETED)

By ANNwithnoE

Three years ago, Andrea "Dei" Mendoza is stricken with wedding jitters and backs out of her wedding to Richar... More

Prologue
Damask Rose
Peony
Morning Glory
Lavender
Begonia
Daffodil
Yellow Rose
Yellow Carnation
Celandine
Call for Help
Update
Balsam
Jasmine
Lime Blossom
Iris
Aloe
Arum
False Reality
Columbine
Eglantine Rose
Anemone
Anemone 2.0
Rainflower
Clove
Ambrosia
Purple Carnation
Protea
Geranium
Hibiscus
Snowdrop
White Tulip
Rosemary
Ivy
Ivy 2.0
Yellow Tulip
Tansy
Tansy 2.0
Plumeria
Ylang-Ylang
Green Willow
Thistle
Green Willow 2.0
Lobelia
Lotus
Basil
Bluebell
Motherwort
Red Rose
Red Rose 2.0
Heather
Statice
Aster
White Rose
Striped Carnation
Anthurium
Girl Friday
Honeysuckle
Betony
Hazel
Alyssum
Oregano
Epilogue

Jonquil

6.5K 452 51
By ANNwithnoE

Fresh from the pain of DTBY's episode last night, I felt I couldn't write for this story yet. I was so emotional but in a good way, I loved how Maine has grown as an actress. She brings raw emotions to her take on Sinag's pain, and Alden's despair was also palpable with his acting style. My MaiChard heart is happy that they are growing together in their craft.

Thank goodness for advanced written chapters, I still have a few so as not to disappoint you my dears. I'll just write more over the weekend.  Anyway, Dei and Richard are now officially starting as a couple, and it will be a step closer to the aborted wedding that you read about in the prologue. As the story unfolds, you will see their weaknesses and possible reasons why the wedding did not push through.

Thanks to the loyal readers for following this story and for the comments I always look forward to :)    

Dei never asked Richard to clear what that scrap of woman's clothing in his laundry meant. She felt she had no right to question him, because after all, they weren't a couple yet. But it planted a seed of doubt in her, it made her wary and on guard of her heart.

But she continued to entertain him. One look at his face with its angelic features was enough to throw caution to the wind and get lost in the feelings being with him evoked. Richard had a way of making her feel like he held all the answers to her questions. Yet, whenever she was alone in her room at night, self-doubt and insecurities would get the better of her. Why did he choose her of all the women he encountered within his profession? There were gorgeous models, she was pretty sure there were other clients who were smarter, prettier than she was. But why did he pick her?

Tonight was the first time she'd see him after over a month. He was away acting as creative consultant for an indie movie, a pet project he indulged in after her prodding. They talked regularly over Facetime though, making sure to do so no matter how short. Tonight she insisted they meet here at her place instead of going out, being the home buddy that she is.

She liked bonding with him here instead of being taken to expensive dinners or out of town. He knew she was not ready for them to spend nights together, nor was she impressed by expensive nights out in hotels. She preferred home-cooked meals and cuddling while watching their favorite series on TV.

Cuddling. Yes, she allows him this liberty even though they were not yet an item. She loves the feeling of snuggling against his broad chest, her arm over his waist, her head cradled against his neck. She was clingy like that, and so was he. Countless times, he'd fall asleep lying on her lap while her hand rested against his face.

Her doorbell rings, startling her out of her reverie. She smiles and rushes to the door, opening it to a big bouquet of flowers that obstructs her view of his face. The flowers are offered to her arms, which she accepts laughing and a little breathless from rushing to the door.

"Sweetie, could you please put the flowers down now and let me hug you?"

She complies, laying down the huge bouquet in her couch and stood uncertainly, her heart beating fast. He slowly approaches her, fully aware that she is skittish, and slowly opens his arms, waiting for her to meet him halfway.

That exact moment when her body slides into his arms creates a myriad sensations in her. They snuggle against each other's warmth, smelling one another's necks, arms pulling as though they could not be close enough. His lips touch the smoothness of her shoulder, the stubble on his chin deliciously rubbing against her skin. The kiss turns into a nuzzle, and pretty soon he is planting kisses on her neck, her jaw, stopping at her mouth, hesitating as though to ask permission. She closes the gap by leaning forward, her lips meeting his for the first time.

She had been kissed before, she was no neophyte in this. But she was unprepared for the waves of longing that gnawed at her gut at the touch of his mouth on hers. His mouth caressed her lower lip, playful light kisses that made her feel greedy and impatient for more. Just when she sighed in frustration, he sucks at her lower lip, his tongue running over its pillowy plumpness. The kiss deepens, his tongue probes at the inner recesses of her mouth, his head slanting, a hand cradling her nape to hold her steady as he ravages her mouth.

Her knees were weakening, and she holds on to his arms for support. She breaks the kiss to gasp for air, her heavy-lidded eyes and moist, swollen mouth looking inviting to him. He restrains himself, not wanting to scare her away. He could feel a certain reticence in her, and much as he tries to break through that barrier, she remained so near yet so far, until tonight.

"I missed you, Dei." She smiles at him, her eyes looking at him with longing.

"I missed you too."

"There's something different about you tonight, but I can't put a finger on it."

He pulls her back into his arms but only close enough so that he can look at her closely. She pinches his cheeks playfully.

"I love your fluffy cheeks."

"Not exactly what I wanted to hear but if it'll make you keep on touching me, then I'm good."

"You hungry?"

"For you, yes."

She giggled, embarrassed yet giddy. He dipped his nose at her neck, sniff-kissing her.

"Damn, you smell good. I can never get enough of you."

"Stop, I better feed you or you might start eating me."

He looked at her smiling wickedly with knowing eyes.

"Oh my God, Richard, stop that thought right there." She covered his face with her hand as he laughed out loud.

"Can you feel the sexual tension between us? It's beginning to manifest in our words."

"Let's EAT FOOD, Richard. Dinner, come on."

She pulled him by the hand and proudly showed him her plating skills. Beautifully breaded pork chops in a bed of garlic rice with buttered vegetables and Asian Chicken salad with mandarin vinaigrette.

"Wow, you made these?"

"Yup. I wanted tonight to be special."

"It is. Even without this food."

They enjoyed good conversation while having dinner, laughing over Richard's experiences in the mountains where the indie movie was shot. He sounded like he had such a good time, while she was here pining for him. Dei was suddenly beset by an ugly thought. What if he had a great time there because he spent his nights there with someone else? The satin top in his laundry came back to haunt her. Richard immediately noticed her change of mood.

"Something wrong, Dei?"

"Richard, who was with you all that time you were in the mountains?"

"The crew was with me, of course Harvey was there, it was his project."

"No......females?

"Hmmm......of course there were females, crew and part of the cast."

"Oh......ok."

"Wait, what does oh, ok mean?"

"Nothing."

"Look, I know the drill, nothing usually means something."

"No, I'm sorry I even asked. Forget it."

"But it's going to spoil our night. If it's bothering you, let's talk about it."

"But we're not in a relationship yet. I don't really have a right to make demands."

"Dei, listen. I like that you used the word 'yet.' It means there's a chance we'll be in a relationship soon. If something's making you uncomfortable, tell me."

"I need to ask you something, Richard. It's kind of personal and I might offend you."

"No, go ahead, ask away."

"Do you remember the last time we were in your house? I saw your stash of newly-laundered clothes. I'm not sure........but I thought I saw a woman's top with your clothes."

"Oh....that."

"Yes. Richard, I don't like complications. If you're with someone, please. Let's stop this."

She was fidgeting with her fork, not looking at him. He stilled her hands, with a serious expression on his face.

"Dei, I've been unattached for close to a year now. The top you saw was Shayne's, my ex."

"She still visits you then?"

"Not for the past four months. Remember our first date? She got into the house with her own set of keys. She was wasted, asleep waiting for me when I arrived from our date. She needed to change clothes so I let her borrow one of my shirts and she left behind that top. I tried to launder it to get the stains out, but the stains were still there. I sent it with my laundry weeks later, that's why you saw it with my clothes."

"Why did she stop visiting you?"

"I told her about you."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I hope I didn't cause a fight."

"No, you didn't."

"Why did you separate?"

"It's an ugly story, Dei. I'm not sure I should share it with you."

"I'm willing to listen. I told you about Dru, remember?"

He was silent for a moment, wondering if he was doing Shayne a disservice by talking about her weaknesses. But he owed Dei the transparency to convince her that he had nothing to hide.

"Shayne had problems, Dei. I won't get into it but let's just say, her problems got in the way of our relationship. She also cheated on me, I caught her on the day of our third anniversary. That was the last straw for me."

"I'm so sorry Richard. Is she ok now?"

"I don't know. I used to talk with her parents, we tried to collaborate on trying to help Shayne but we failed. That was last time I saw her, when she said it was her last visit to me. True enough, she never came back."

"Do you miss her?"

"I miss the old Shayne, before she ever became famous as a model. But I don't long for her."

She was quiet for a while, digesting what he said. She understood him now. It was similar to what Andrew said when they saw each other last, that he sometimes missed her as a girlfriend, even though she knew he didn't love her that way.

"Dei?"

"Yeah?"

"After Shayne, I never really thought I'd ever be ready for another relationship. We were together for three years, living together for the last year. But you proved me wrong. You proved there is life after Shayne. I hope I get to prove to you that there is life after Andrew too."

For the first time since she met him, Dei saw uncertainty in his eyes, a vulnerability that she never thought he would ever feel because of her. She knew then that he was being completely honest with her, laying all his cards on the table. She made up her mind just then. She closed the gap between them and raised both her hands to cup his face, their foreheads touching.

"Yes Richard," She said gently, "There is life after Andrew."

She pulled his head for a kiss. Finally, they were officially a couple now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 13.1K 108
( Not Edited ) (MY 2nd FF 😊😊) ( Not Edited ) First Book - Fall in Love In this story it will also reveal that the hero loves someone and heroine...
330K 9.2K 15
"Do you trust me?" I whispered. She nodded her head immediately. "No, sweetie, I want you to say it." "I trust you." She spoke. I gripped her left...
759K 49.4K 95
How does one move on from losing a loved one to loving the One? Even if the One was the reason why you lost your loved one. Such is the dilemma of Ni...
5.6K 582 36
# 1 in Destiny series __________________ "Who do you think you're? she asked "Rishte main toh hum apke shohar lagte hain" I replied ...