Chasing After The PA | Comple...

By DaymareXNightdream

Hunter Blackthorne, CEO of the most powerful company in the world. Young, attractive and extremely arrogant. ... More

Hello!
Preface
Official Playlist
Chapter 1 - Interview
Chapter 2 - Caramel Macchiato
Chapter 3 - Cheaters Never Win
Chapter 4 - A Date With A Familiar Face
Chapter 5 - The Kardashians ft. My Date, My Ex And My Boss
Chapter 6 - Reminder From A Dark Past
Chapter 7 - Sleepover!
Chapter 8 - Goodnight
Chapter 9 - We Date
Chapter 10 - You're Living With Me
Chapter 11 - Roses Are Red...
Chapter 12 - Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight
Chapter 13 - Gideon Harris And Erica Who?
Chapter 14 - The First Kiss Is Always The Most Fake, Right?
Chapter 15 - Necklace Of Lies
Chapter 16 - A Poke To The Butt And A Kiss On The Lips
Chapter 17 - New Goal: Make Her Mine
Chapter 18 - I've Got A Migraine
Chapter 19 - Red Velvet And Hot Pockets
Chapter 20 - Cuddles, Chris And Couple Costumes
Chapter 21 - I'm As Straight As A Broken Ruler
Chapter 22 - Halloween King And Queen
Chapter 23 - Alexander Hamilton
Chapter 24 - Midnight Conversations
Chapter 25 - Holiday Spirit
Chapter 26 - Unwanted Proposals and Holiday Cheer
Chapter 27 - New Year, New Love
Chapter 28 - Time Apart
Chapter 29 - Best Friends Give The Best Advice
Chapter 30 - Bonding With Exes
Chapter 31 - Unofficially Meeting The Parents
Chapter 33 - Près Du Coeur
Chapter 34 - I Love Him
Chapter 35 - Confessions
Chapter 36 - To The Moon And Back
Chapter 37 - (Un)Happy Birthday
Chapter 38 - Dead Flowers And Used Band-Aids
Chapter 39 - Daisies
Chapter 40 - Dishonest Lies
Chapter 41 - I Quit
Chapter 42 - Letting Go
Chapter 43 - Grey
Chapter 44 - Between Two Worlds
Chapter 45 - I Miss Her
Chapter 46 - Lay Your Head Down
Chapter 47 - Don't Believe Everything You See
Chapter 48 - Welcome Home, Brother
Chapter 49 - Cucumber
Chapter 50 - Losing Her
Chapter 51 - The Prince Charming To My Cinderella
Epilogue
You Asked, I Answered!
Bonus Chapter - A Very Merry Blackthorne Christmas

Chapter 32 - Breakups And British Devils

25.5K 779 20
By DaymareXNightdream

Hello people! Here is a new chapter as promised! Thank you guys for over 5K votes! <3 I'm glad that you guys are all enjoying this story- that's basically all I have to say.

So, as always, enjoy, vote and comment and I'll see you guys at the end of this chapter! :)

Please ignore any typos.

Song- Gnash ft. Mark Johns, Rumours

~Jessica

"All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed."

― Seán O'Casey

***************************

"Are you sure you don't need me to come with you this time?" I sat on the edge of Hunter's bed, watching him pack a suitcase.

"It's only a week's business trip, I think I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm one hundred percent sure Payton. Anyways, I need you to be here to watch the office," Hunter said walking back into his closet to grab another suit.

"I don't know how to take care of a business," I said.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, anyways, my dad is also going to be helping."

"Speaking about your dad... Why don't you ever really talk about your parents?"

Hunter sighed as he zipped up his suitcase, "We're just not really close."

"There's has to be a reason for that," I probed. "You seem to really dislike your mom."

"I don't hate her," Hunter said. "We just don't agree on a lot of things and we just never really took the time to work those things out."

"Well, why don't you then?"

"I don't know," He shrugged. "I mean, both my parents didn't have a lot of time for Erica and I when we were younger but my dad at least made the effort to acknowledge our presence and be somewhat of a decent parent. My mother on the other hand... She was so consumed in her work that sometimes, I forgot that she was even my mother. She spent most of my childhood on business trips or working in her office and if she wasn't doing that, then she'd be sleeping. When she finally started to talk to me, it was as though we were just acquaintances."

"Why don't you try to fix that?"

"There are some things that I'd rather not try to change," He frowned. "Erica's tried, I've tried, but it always ends the same way. She doesn't put in the effort to reconnect with us."

"Don't you sometimes wish that you had a mom who was there?"

"Of course I do! I wish that all the time. I wish I could have went home to the smell of some kind of new creation coming from the kitchen. I wish I had a mom who brought me to the park, who threw me birthday parties, who woke me up on Christmas day and watched as I opened all my presents, but I didn't have that, and I can't do anything to change it," Hunter frowned. "I don't know a lot about her. I don't even know my own mother, and it scares me thinking that my personality resembles hers so much."

He sat down beside me. "Before I met you, I was so caught up in my own little world that my reality wasn't even realistic. I still have the same arrogance as my mother, the same vanity but it's because of you that's its getting better."

"You always make me look like the good guy," I sighed. "What you don't realise is that you don't need me to become the person that you want to become."

"Okay, then tell me why I was the same person I was until you came along."

"I don't know, maybe I was some kind of trigger. But I just want you to know that you don't ever need me or anyone else for that matter to be able to change yourself. I heard somewhere that the problem in women were that they always thought that the guys would change, but he won't, and that the mistake that men made were to think that the girl would never leave, but she will. I don't think that I ever believed that, and I still don't."

"Hmmm," Hunter hummed thoughtfully twisting a lock of my hair in between two of his fingers. "I don't know what I'd do without your wisdom Ms. Flores."

I hummed back mockingly, fixing the collar of his shirt, "I don't know, maybe you'd just be the same person as you always were."

"And who is that?" He asked.

"Someone who always had this kindness and love in his heart but found is as a vulnerability so he built a wall around it until he found someone who wasn't afraid to climb it."

Hunter smiled, "Is that someone, you?"

"I don't know, it's up to you to decide that." I looked at the suitcase and sighed. I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't miss him at all.

Hunter leaned over and kissed the top of my forehead, "I'll be back before you know it."

*****

"Good morning Ms. Flores."

I looked up from my desk filled with paperwork and contracts that I had to go through for Hunter, to see Malik standing in front of me with two cups in his hands.

"Good morning Mr. Blacktho- Malik."

He smiled at me and placed one of the cups down, "I got you something to drink, I hope you like caramel macchiato."

I looked at him quizzically, was it just a coincidence that he happened to get me my favourite drink? I took the cup hesitantly and raised it up to my lips, "Thanks."

Malik burst out in laughter unexpectedly and I choked on the drink. "Honey, I'm not a psychic. I bumped into Jordan down at the café and I asked him what drink you liked."

"Oh," was all that escaped my lips before Malik burst into another fit of chuckles and he patted my shoulder.

"You're so cute, I understand now why Hunter took a liking to you."

I took a sip of my drink, "Well... Um, thanks again for the drink."

"You're welcome sweetheart."

Right when I thought that he was going to leave, Malik sat down on the couch in my office and examined the room. "It's very plain in here, don't you think?"

I shrugged as a response.

"You've worked here for how long? Around six months- almost seven now, and you don't have a single personal belonging in here."

"I like to keep my space very open."

Malik sipped his drink and nodded, gazing around the room thoughtfully. "Tell me a bit about yourself, Payton."

I paused for a moment thinking about what to say. "My name is Payton Flores, I'm twenty-two years old, turning twenty-three in a few weeks. I speak Spanish and I'm an only child."

"Your parents must pamper you a lot then."

That hit a nerve and my heart constricted for a moment. I looked at him with a small, sad smile, "They used to."

Malik's face went from cheerful to somber and he quickly apologized. "I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

"It's fine," I brushed it off quickly.

"Well," Malik got up awkwardly. "I'm going to start work, it's been a while since I've been CEO here."

"You retired?"

Malik nodded, "About four years ago, when Hunter was your age. I was a little worried about how he would run everything given his narcissistic nature but he pulled through quite well. I'm surprised that he hasn't already accidentally gotten someone pregnant and had to marry her."

I chuckled a bit thinking about Hunter. "I doubt that would have happened, he likes his freedom too much."

Malik laughed, "I'm glad that my son had settled down though, especially with someone like you."

"Like me?"

"Yeah, like you. He needs someone stable, someone who is like his rock. You're that person to him."

I smiled ironically. "I could say the same thing about me. Hunter's like my rock as well."

"Well I'm glad that you both are able to lean on each other for support. It's difficult to find that these days; someone who you can trust." Malik frowned. "I regret not being able to be that person to him growing up. Of course, I was still his father and I loved him with every fiber of my being but work got in the way. I tried my best, I really did but some things just aren't meant to work out."

"I'm sure that Hunter understands," I said reassuringly.

Malik nodded, "Thanks. I guess I'll go back to work now and stop bothering you."

As he walked out, he turned to face me one last time, "Oh, and Payton, there's another pile of paperwork outside and we have five scheduled meetings today." He clicked his tongue and walked out, "It's going to be a long week."

I felt my phone vibrate from my desk and I picked it up to find a text message from Hunter.

Hunter: Just landed in France, turns out my meeting isn't until tomorrow so I have the whole rest of the day to myself. :) How's life treating you back at home? .X

Payton: Why is there like, three time the amount of work all of a sudden when you're not here?

Hunter: I don't know, maybe we're just coincidentally busier the week I'm not around. ;))

Payton: Hunter...

Hunter: Payton... :-D

Payton: I swear, if you had anything to do with this, You're going to get it once you're back home!

Hunter: Get what? ;)))))))

P.s you're not very menacing through text. X

Payton:...

Hunter: All I did was cram two weeks worth of work into one!

Payton: Why would you do that?

Hunter: Because I can :)

I groaned.

Hunter: I can hear you groaning from 3689 miles away y'know.

Payton: When did being your PA require for me to do this much work?

Hunter: When I decided to take a lil' break. Ooh, I see a guy selling croissants over there. I'll talk to ya later. <3 .X

I put my phone down and cursed Hunter.

As I began to start on the load of paperwork, another stack arrived on my desk.

"I can do this," I whispered to myself. "This is going to be just fine."

*****

I hate my life at the moment.

After finishing up a meeting with Mrs. Boyde, I came back to my desk which was filled with another stack of files.

"I'm beginning to think that these are just useless and Hunter's just trying to make me work my ass off for nothing," I grumbled.

"You seem to be having a peachy time here."

I turned around to see Malik leaning against the door frame, with a quirky smile.

"Mhm," I murmured.

He laughed, "You know, you can always just leave it to me, I don't mind finishing this up."

I shook my head, "No, no, it's quite alright. I can do this."

Malik nodded approvingly, "I like you, you should stick around."

I shrugged with a happy smile, "I don't plan on leaving any time soon."

"I'm glad." Malik checked his wristwatch, "It's your break now." He then gestured towards the door and spoke in a southern accent, "You are free to go mam'."

I felt like jumping and crying in joy but instead, I settled with a small nod before grabbing my purse.

"Oh! Payton I was just going to ask if you wanted to join me for lunch."

I looked a Malik who had a hopeful smile on his face but I remembered that I had promised Jordan that I'd go to the newly opened Chinese restaurant down the block.

"Rain check?" I asked in an apologetic smile.

He nodded understandingly, "Tomorrow then?"

"Sure," I agreed.

*****

"Gideon asked me out on a date again."

I choked on my noodles and Jordan quickly ran over to my side to pat my back.

"What did you just say?" I choked out after gulping down a glass of water.

"Gideon-"

"Wait, did you say AGAIN?"

Jordan twisted his napkin around as he sat back down in his seat, "Yes, again."

"When did he ask you the first time?"

"When I just woke up in that hospital bed," Jordan chuckled. "He's quite impatient."

Pfft, more like he had no chill whatsoever.

"Well, did you say yes?"

I saw a small tinge of pink flushed Jordan's cheeks and he nodded weakly.

My mouth curved up, "Awwww, that's nice. Did you guys talk everything through?"

"Some of it."

I took a lot of trust to give someone a second chance and personally, I never saw the point in them. If the person screwed up the first time around, what was stopping them from doing it again? Giving someone a second chance was like giving them an extra bullet because they missed you the first time.

But then again, I was happy for Jordan and Gideon.

They fell apart not because one of them did the other wrong, in fact, they both fell apart trying to do what they thought was the best for each other.

Who knew thoughtfulness could ruin relationships?

"Well, I'm happy for you. When is your date then?"

"Tonight." A glint of anxiousness mixed with Jordan's blue orbs.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know," Jordan ran his fingers through his hair. "It just feels weird to be going out with him after so long."

"Well, do you still like him?"

"I mean, I guess," Jordan said unsurely.

"You guess?" I frowned.

"It's just been a while. I spent so long getting over him that I think I actually have. I didn't think that it was possible but I just don't feel the same way about him anymore." Jordan rubbed his hands together. "I still care about him but it's a different kind of care now."

"Then why did you accept his date?"

Jordan rubbed his temples. "If you saw the shimmer of hope in his eyes when he asked, you'd say yes in a heartbeat as well. I just don't know how to break it to him. After so long, trying to fight for each other, I don't want him thinking that I've just given up. Fate's given us a second chance but I don't think I want to take it."

He sighed, "I wanted this for so long but now that it's happened, I don't want it anymore."

"Jordan-"

"Then don't take it."

We both looked over at the booth behind us to see Gideon there, with and unidentifiable expression. His mouth was curved into a scowl but his eyes held tears of sadness. His eyebrows knitted together. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I didn't know how to," Jordan responded softly.

"So you decided to lie about how you felt about me instead?"

"No- I still care-"

"When were you going to tell me?'

I noticed Becca sitting in the same booth as Gideon with her mouth open just staring at the whole scene.

"I-I don't know," Jordan responded twisting around the watch he wore. "I was hoping that maybe you wouldn't feel the connection either anymore on our date and you'll let go of me yourself."

Gideon scoffed back, "Well I'm glad that I now know how little you really cared about me."

"What about the things you said back at the hospital?" I asked out loud before I could stop myself.

"I regret saying them because now I really know where I stand in this whole relationship," He glared over at Jordan.

"Gideon, please, I really do care about you still. It's just different. Time does that."

He laughed mockingly, "Sure, alright whatever you say, love. Come on Becca, let's go."

Still in a state of shock, Becca slowly got up and Gideon connected his arm with hers, bringing her over to the exit.

"Aw, c'mon, couldn't we have at least waited until the food came," I heard Becca whine before they went out the door.

I turned back to Jordan who was running his hand through his hair and was staring at the table blankly.

I grabbed one of his hands and held it in mine, "Do you want to go?"

He snapped out of it and flashed me a smile, "Nah, I just got my food, I'm fine."

I chuckled softly then frowned again, "But seriously, are you sure you're alright?"

He nodded and began eating his food, "I mean, I don't feel anything yet. Give me a few days."

"Okay, but if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here."

Jordan snorted which resulted in him choking on a grain of rice. He took a large gulp of water then looked at me, his eyes sparkling in amusement, "Muffin, I appreciate your kindness but I'm fine, really. Gideon's a great guy but sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together. I don't need a relationship in my life right now; I have all these amazing friends and that's enough."

"When did you become this mature?"

Jordan placed a hand on his chest and gasped in mock offense. "I've always been mature, how dare you even say something like that."

"Mhm, keep telling yourself that." I smiled.

"Oh, shut up already you doof."

*****

As we reached the office building again, I engulfed Jordan in a hug as he buried his face into my neck. I smiled and closed my eyes, "I'll see you later Jordan."

I felt Jordan's lips curve into a smile against my neck and he laughed, his breath tickling me. "If Hunter could see us right now, boy, he would be mad."

"He's just a big jealous baby, I chortled, letting go of him.

Jordan patted my shoulder, "I'll see you later, chameleon."

"Oh come on! I wasn't even blushing this time!" I yelled back as he made his way into the building.

I shook my head with a small smile and I walked up the steps and opened the main door of the building. I greeted the receptionist sitting at the front desk and she smiled back at me before picking up a call.

I got into the elevator which also had a few other people in suits in there. I smiled at all of them and most of them smiled back. Over the past few months of me working here, I've at least had some kind of interaction with most of the people in the building and although most of the workers who had made contact with me were nice, I could tell that it was also because I was dating their boss.

"You're back early."

I looked around the elevator and saw Malik standing on the other side, smiling.

"Well, you're early as well."

Malik sniggered, "That makes the two of us."

I simpered and casually looked around. As the doors opened at our floor, we walked out together.

"So, how was your lunch, Payton."

"It was nice," I spoke.

"It was a well-deserved break," Malik said in amusement. "Hunter's really made you work your butt off while he's away."

"It hasn't even been a day," I supressed a yawn.

He laughed, "You'll get used to it after a while. It's a good thing that Hunter called me to help."

"It really is," I agreed. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Not even a day and you're already confessing your undying love for me," Malik winked. I could now see where all of Hunter's charm came from.

"So, anymore meetings?"

Malik pulled out his phone and examined the screen that he pulled up. "Just one more... With a Mr. Moore?"

I froze for a second and gulped, "Pardon?"

"We have a meeting with Mr. Moore."

I nodded slowly, taking the information in.

"Do you know him?"

I nodded again. "Let's just say that him and I don't get along very well."

"What happened?" Malik asked in a worried tone. His parental-side coming out.

"I kind of, and when I mean kind of, I mean I totally was the reason why he got divorced and now he hates me."

He nodded, "Okay. But it's his fault."

I looked at him questionably, "How do you know?"

"He was cheating on his wife, he should have seen it coming," Malik answered coldly. "I can understand many things in this world but I can't wrap my head around people who cheat on their spouse. They knew damn well what they were doing and who they were hurting but they still decided to do it anyways." His jaw clenched.

"I guess we both have something in common, we both hate Mr. Moore."

Malik chuckled, "Honey, we have a lot more in common than just hatred for Cooper. Look, you might see me as some old, serious cranky old man, but I'm really not that uptight. I'm cool." He ended his phrase with finger guns.

I supressed a cringe and smiled instead, "I can tell."

Malik happily walked over to Hunter's desk and grabbed a few papers. "I hope that over this week we'll get to know each other a bit better and this awkward vibe between us diminishes. I have a feeling that you're going to around for a while."

That placed a smile on my face. "I'm glad that you think that."

"My pleasure," Malik gave me a curt bow. "Now come on, let us go and face Mr. Moore, that slimy bastard."

*****

"Payton," A raspy voice with a British accent called out. I was quite sure at first that it was some kind of devil coming to haunt me for stealing those cookies in first grade but it turned out that it was just Mr. Moore.

"Damn it, I was really hoping for that vengeful cookie devil instead," I muttered under my breath.

Meh, they're both kind of similar anyways. They all crawled up from the depths of hell to be my personal pain in the ass.

"Excuse me, did you say something?"

My gaze hardened at the sight of Mr. Moore. He was even more disorganized than before. The scruff he had last time had grown into a full beard making him look ten years older (and not in the 'hotter old guy' way), his bed-hair was wild, and not appealing with the oil starting to make his already dark brown hair appear even darker.

"No nothing at all," I retorted, sending him a sweet smile.

"Hello, Mr. Moore," Malik said strictly before placing a hand on my shoulder, leading me into the conference room.

"Aren't you going to ask me if I want something to drink?" Mr. Moore asked with a wicked smile.

"Mr. Moore, would you like something to-"

"I was talking to your PA, Payton, I believe that was her name," He responded slyly.

Malik's jaw clenched, "I don't really see the difference here between me asking-"

"Well, you're not the assistant here, now are you?" Mr. Moore smirked, glancing over at me.

"Ah, my bad. Mr. Moore, would you like some coffee?" I asked stopping any negative facial expressions from showing.

"I'll have a cup of coffee, double cream."

I walked over to the coffee maker and made him a cup. I then walked back to where he had sat down and placed it onto the table. Before my hand left the cup, Mr. Moore made a move to grab the mug, grabbing onto my hand as well.

At first, I thought that it was just an accident but that thought was quickly dissolved when he didn't let go. Instead, he looked me in the eye and his lips slowly curled into a haunting smirk.

I cleared my throat.

He continued to smirk at me as I pulled my hand away and quickly took my seat beside Malik who was glaring over at Mr. Moore.

Mr. Moore raised his cup up then took a sip, still looking at me directly in the eyes.

"Alright," Malik finally started with a scowl. "May we start the meeting that was the only reason why I'm here right now?"

"Of course," he answered, tilting his head to glance at Malik for a second.

"By the way, How was your time in that jail cell? I heard that you pleaded the police to let you go," Malik said smugly, drinking his coffee.

"Not one of my proudest moments," he sneered back. "But, what can I say? I'm allergic to low-class things and places," he looked over at me and I silently scoffed.

"Well, you'll be happy to know that everything and everyone here in this building is extremely high-classed so you can put your epi-pen away." Malik smiled at him then leaned over to me and whispered, "Unless he's allergic to himself."

I laughed softly, "Come on, don't be so mean. The guy's basically lost everything already."

He sighed in exasperation then turned back to the British devil sitting across from us. "Where do we begin?"

*****

"All I'm saying is that if we were to join our businesses, then we could earn even more money," Mr. Moore said.

"For who? For you?" Malik retorted.

"For everyone," he responded. "I have a very strong business team behind me and they're willing to work hard to make my business and if you want, Blackthorne Enterprises even better than it already is." He said, frustration spilling out of every word.

"Cooper, you've wasted your time coming here for this. I'm saying it again; my son's company is already as strong as it can be and we don't need to join any other company. You're doing this only for the benefit of your own company that's sinking by the minute."

Mr. Moore clenched his fists together and furrowed his eyebrows. "My company only started to sink when your son and his girlfriend-" he pointed at me, "-decided to sabotage me. I lost my wife, my job, my power; my whole life has gone to crap."

Malik sent him a spurious smile, "As a business man, I expected that you'd know the first rule of business. This is a competition. It's every man for themselves. If you think a pity trip is going to make me change my mind, then you must mistake me for a rock." He got up, "Now, if you don't mind, I'll be leaving this conversation myself because it is going nowhere."

I got up with him and I noticed Mr. Moore get out of his seat as well.

Malik made no move to say goodbye to Cooper so before I made my way out as well, I stopped and smiled. "Have a nice day Mr. Moore."

"Oh, don't be so courteous," he jeered. "I know you, and I know things that I could reveal to your beloved boyfriend which could make him throw you out like trash."

I tilted my head and gazed at him derisively. "Unlike you, Cooper Moore, I don't like keeping secrets from my significant other. So go ahead, tell him everything you know about me."

He growled at for a second I thought that he was becoming an actual werewolf or something. "You bitch."

I nodded, accepting the nickname. "Alright, whatever makes you feel better, I guess." Picking up my file from the printer, I walked out the door. "Goodbye Mr. Moore."

Malik was waiting for me at the office with an unhappy expression. He crossed his arms and leaned against the desk. "I don't want him laying foot in any of these office buildings ever again."

I took a double take, "Buildings? I didn't know that you had more than one."

He dry laughed, "We have a few more buildings around the country as well as a few up in Canada and I'm bound to make sure that Cooper doesn't step in a single one of them from now on."

"You hate him a lot, don't you?"

"I hate him with every fibre of my being. Did you see the way that he was treating you back there? Like you were some kind of servant, a maid? I do not stand for any of the workers here to be treated like that, especially someone as important as you." He reached for the water bottle on the desk and took a long sip. "I've only known you for a few days Payton but I care about you a lot, my son care's about you a lot and that's a good enough reason for me to like you. So I hope you understand where I'm coming from sometimes when I become an over-protective father."

"I miss having an over-protective father," I said with a small smile. "So thank you for filling that hole for me."

Malik grinned, "Anytime."

*****

"Honey!" I heard someone call out from Hunter's office.

My door was closed so I didn't know who was there but I could hear Malik's muffled voice answer.

"Yes Amelia, honey?"

Aha, so it was Hunter's mother who was here. But why?

"Look what I found in the magazines this afternoon," I heard her say.

"You can't possibly believe everything you see in those things, you know that Amelia."

"Just look!"

The faint sound of papers rustling was heard then Amelia speaking again, "See!"

Without thinking, I walked over the my door and opened it. Amelia and Malik were standing by the desk, staring down at what looked like a magazine. Amelia's mouth was curved into a malicious smile while Malik's face was contorted into a perplexed look.

Amelia noticed me walk in and she gazed at me with an unidentifiable expression. "Hello, Ms. Flores."

"Mrs. Blackthorne," I nodded curtly.

Malik looked up and over at me, "Hello Payton."

"Was I interrupting something? I mean, I could go."

"No, no stay," Amelia said. "I was going to come find you anyway."

"What is it?" I questioned.

Amelia smirked and went around the desk, walking closer to wards me.

"You like to think of yourself as a modest young lady, don't you?"

"Sure, everyone should."

"And you're loyal, right? You wouldn't go behind... Let's just say... Your boyfriend's back and see another man, right?"

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "No one should!"

Amelia smiled at me as if she had trapped a mouse that had been stealing food from her kitchen for months and hurried over to the desk to pull up a magazine.

"Okay, then explain... This!" She flipped the magazine open to a page where there were to people hugging each other. On closer inspection, it was a photo of Jordan and I in front of the building.

Is the cheater being cheated on?

As we all know, Hunter has been dating his PA, Payton Flores for the past few months. All seems well until Hunter's gone on a business trip and Payton seems to have another man on stand by. Has the biggest playboy been played himself?

I wanted to punch whoever made this article.

All the writers wanted to do was to create some drama that wasn't even there in the first place.

I always found the writers who wrote these kind of things to be ignorant. What they never realised was that the people they were writing about were all real people and had feeling just like anyone else. They forgot that even though these people were rich and famous, they lived the same lives as people who weren't.

Everyone in this world, including 'famous people' had their own lives to lead, and it wasn't fair to bring their personal life out in the open, especially when they didn't know the whole truth.

I could bet that a lot of celebrity couples fell apart because of what the news was feeding the public for their own good.

"It's a picture of two people hugging," I said casually.

"Yeah," Amelia answered, glaring. "But who are the two people?"

Malik, confused as ever, walked over to my side to see what his wife was talking about. As he leaned over to read and look at the photos, he slowly turned his head and glanced at his wife, then me.

I waited for whatever he was going to say next, hoping that he wouldn't believe the article.

He finally opened his mouth, "Oh my god."

Dun Dunn Dunnnnnnn (Josh dun?)

Eh?

Eh?

Okay, I'm sorry for that terrible pun.

Until next time... <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 9.8K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
2.1M 76.4K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...
918K 26.3K 39
Logan, self-centered and arrogant. Samantha, selfless and modest. Him, rude and insensitive. Her, polite and respectful. Him, careless and foolish. H...
229K 12.3K 40
An ambitious Indian-American CEO mixes business with pleasure when she finds a hot-headed investor for a new venture. However, when forces threaten t...