The Destiny of Three [3] (The...

By Turtlii

Having been separated for a whole year because of the Master the Doctor and Rita are back, their relationship... More

The Destiny of Three
Prologue
Voyage of the Damned
Voyage of the Damned - Two
Voyage of the Damned - Three
Voyage of the Damned - Four
Partners in Crime
Partners in Crime - Two
The Fires of Pompeii
The Fires of Pompeii - Two
Planet of the Ood
Planet of the Ood - Two
The Sontaran Stratagem
The Sontaran Stratagem - Two
The Poison Sky
The Poison Sky - Two
The Doctor and the Stone's Daughter - Two
The Unicorn and the Wasp
The Unicorn and the Wasp - Two
Silence in the Library
Silence in the Library - Two
Forest of the Dead
Midnight
Midnight - Two
Midnight - Three
Interlude: Making Everything Alright
Turn Left
Turn Left - Two
Turn Left - Three
Turn Left - Four
The Stolen Earth
Journey's End
Journey's End - Two

The Doctor and the Stone's Daughter

3K 80 26
By Turtlii

"What the hell's it doing?" Donna cried barely able to hold on to the TARDIS.

"The control's not working." The Doctor informed them they were then thrown around in the direction of the jar holding his hand. "I don't know where we're going, but my old hand's very excited about it." He said.

"When aren't you excited to go anywhere?" Rita rolled her eyes.

"I thought that was just some freaky alien thing." Donna looked at him in horror. "You telling me it's yours?"

"Well." The Doctor shrugged.

"It got cut off. He grew a new one."

"You are completely impossible."

"Not impossible." He said grinning. "Just a bit unlikely." Suddenly there was a loud bang that echoed the console room followed by sparks. Martha and Donna screamed out of shock before they all looked up at the sudden silence and stillness. He looked up and took the Time Ladys hand the both of them rubbing outside the TARDIS.

They found themselves in an underground railway with rubble, wires and it being extremely dark.

"Why would the Tardis bring us here, then?" The Doctor looked around keeping Rita beside him.

"Oh, I love this bit." Martha looked round beaming as she stepped out the TARDIS Donna following.

"I thought you wanted to go home." Donna raised a brow.

"I know, but all the same," she shrugged, "it's that feeling you get."

"Like you swallowed a hamster?" Donna asked making Rita snort out a laugh.

"Never thought of it that way." She shrugged laughing.

"Don't move!" They heard a man shouting. "Stay where you are!" A man along with two others pointed their guns at the four. "Drop your weapons!"

"We're unarmed." The Doctor raised his hands pushing Rita slightly behind him as Donna and Martha raised their hands as well. "Look, no weapons. Never any weapons. We're safe."

"Look at their hands." One of the soldiers stared at the four of them. "They're clean."

"All right, process them." The soldier in the middle said. "Him first."

"Woah what?" Rita stepped forward the Doctor pushed her back slightly as the guards grabbed him.

"Oi, oi." He said as they dragging him away. "What's wrong with clean hands?"

"What's going on?" Martha asked stepping forward than moving back as the soldiers held their guns up, pointing them at the three.

The Doctor was pulled away to a large machine, the guards pushed his right arm inside

"Leave him alone." Donna protested against it.

"Something tells me this isn't about to check my blood pressure." He sarcastically muttered, the machine grabbed him pulling on his arm slightly. "Argh!" He cried out a little gritting his teeth.

"What are you doing to him?" Donna asked.

"Everyone gets processed."

"It's taken a tissue sample." The Doctor explained then whimpered in pain. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow. And extrapolated it. Some kind of accelerator?" The Doctors arm was released, Rita ran over taking his hand and frowning seeing a Y shaped graze on the back of his hand. "Sweetheart are you okay?" She asked slightly worried from not knowing what the machine actually did to him.

"What on earth?" He noticed his hand. "That's just..." he trailed off as the sound of a door opened. They looked up as what they guessed was right a pair of glass and metal doors opened showing a figure which stepped out. A skinny young woman who looked around early 20's late teens, with blonde hair and a high ponytail wearing a green t-shirt, combat boots and trousers stepped out.

The Doctor and Rita blinked at the sight raising their brows. "Arm yourself." The soldier handed the woman a rifle

"Where did she come from?" Martha asked.

"From me, well me and the Stone." He glanced at her, "Cells from your hand were still on mine when they took tissue samples, again. Just like with the Daleks."

"From you two?" Donna frowned not understanding what was going on. "How? Who is she?"

"Well..." the Doctor swallowed. "she's, well, she's our daughter." He looked at Rita who had become paler than normal.

"Hello, Mum, Dad." She beamed the two Time Lords looked slightly sickened Rita more so than the Doctor.

"You primed to take orders?" The soldier asked. "Ready to fight?"

"Instant mental download of all strategic and military protocols, sir." The woman informed. "Generation five thousand soldiers primed and in peak physical health. Oh, I'm ready."

"Did you say, daughter?" Donna raised a brow at the two of them.

"Mmm. Technically." The Doctor hummed.

"Technically how?"

"I'm assuming it's meant to be progenation." Rita explained. "Reproduction from a single organism. Means one parent is biological mother and father."

"You take a sample of diploid cells, split them into haploids, then recombine them in a different arrangement and grow. Very quickly, apparently, however, the Stone's cells got on my hand before they took tissue samples meaning it used both of our cells." He added.

"Something's coming." The woman looked seeing shadows in the tunnel as they came into view fish like people started firing.

"It's the Hath!" The soldier shouted.

"Get down!" The woman shouted. The Doctor having a tight grip on Rita's hand pulled her down to cover Donna with them. They hid as the shooting continued Rita tightly squeezing her eyes not believing or wanting to accept what just happened, her children died in the Time War along with her parents and the rest of her family. The only one she felt and properly at home with now was the Doctor, she wasn't going to accept a woman they had forced from the soldiers practically black mailing the Doctor.

"We have to blow the tunnel!" The soldier shouted. "Get the detonator."

"I'm not detonating anything!" The Doctor shouted back going to help a wounded soldier. The Hath then breached the barricade and grabbed Martha who was screaming through the Haths hand that covered her mouth.

The woman kicked one of the Hath in the stomach. "Blow the thing!" The man shouted. "Blow the thing!"

"Martha!" The Time Lords screamed. "No. Don't!"

The woman hit the button and the group ran the Doctor grabbing Rita not losing her next. They sprinted around a corner before the explosion threw them to the ground. Gritting her teeth out of anger Rita stood up and stormed over to the woman.

"You've sealed off the tunnel! Our friend was taken by them!" She screamed.

"Why did you do that!?" The Doctor glared at her taking Rita's hand.

"They were trying to kill us." She protested.

"But they've got our friend." The Doctor remarked angrily.

"Collateral damage." She bluntly replied. "At least you've still got them." She nodded at the Doctor then Donna. "He lost both his men. I'd say you came out ahead." The Doctor took Rita's hand running his thumb on the back of her hand trying to calm her knowing that being angry wouldn't help them at all.

"Her name's Martha." Donna snapped. "And she's not collateral damage, not for anyone. Have you got that, GI Jane?"

"We're going to find her." The Doctor started to walk off with Rita, the soldier from before cocked his gun pointing it at the Doctors back.

"You're going nowhere." He said then pointing it at Rita. "You don't make sense, you three. No guns, no marks, no fight in you. I'm taking you to General Cobb." He jerked the gun at them showing that he was being serious. "Now, move."

The Doctor and Rita walked in front down the tunnels, the Time Lady clearly annoyed with the whole situation making her hurt emotions into anger.

"I'm Donna. What's you name?" The red head spoke up.

"Don't know." She shrugged. "It's not been assigned."

"Well, if you don't know that, what do you know?" Donna asked.

"How to fight."

'Great' Rita rolled her eyes.

"Nothing else?"

"The machine must embed military history and tactics, but no name." The Doctor explained. "She's a generated anomaly." Rita hummed in agreement with him.

"Generated anomaly," Donna muttered in thought. "Generated. Well, what about that?" She asked. "Jenny."

"Jenny." She repeated the red head then nodded. "Yeah, I like that. Jenny."

"What do you think, Mum, dad?" Donna raised a brow seeing them clearly annoyed.

"Good as anything, I suppose." The Doctor shrugged.

"Please Donna not now," Rita begged the woman to not start.

"Not what you'd call natural parents, are you?" She asked them.

"They stole a tissue sample at gunpoint and processed it." He snapped turning to her. "It's not what I call natural parenting."

"Rubbish." Donna scoffed. "My friend Nerys fathered twins with a turkey baster. Don't bother her."

"Donna you can't extrapolate a relationship from a biological accident." Rita protested not wanting to discuss or talk about the topic any further.

"Er, Child Support Agency can."

"Look, just because I share certain physiological traits with simian primates doesn't make me a monkey's uncle, does it?" The Doctor snapped taking Rita's hand and storming off following the soldier from before.

"I'm not a monkey," Jenny said offended follow them. "Or a child."

The Doctor, Rita, Donna and Jenny were taken to a room with a slightly domed room with more of the machines from earlier scattered around with multiple beds and people standing around.

"So, where are we?" The Doctor asked. "What planet's this?"

"Messaline." The soldier replied. "Well, what's left of it."

"Six six three seventy-five deceased. Generation six six seven one, extinct. Generation six six seven two, forty-six deceased. Generation six six eight zero, fourteen deceased. Generation six..." the Tannoy informed.

"But this is a theatre." Donna looked around.

"Maybe they're doing Miss Saigon." The Doctor shrugged.

"It's like a town or a city underground. But why?"

They noticed a man with a white trimmed beard who looked to be in his early 50's approached the Doctor. "General Cobb, I presume." The Doctor nodded.

"Found in the western tunnels, I'm told, with no marks." He replied. "There was an outbreak of pacifism in the eastern zone three generations back before we lost contact. Is that where you came from?"

"Eastern zone, that's us, yeah. Yeah. I'm The Doctor, this is the Stone and that's Donna." they waved.

"And I'm Jenny." The young blonde spoke up.

"Don't think you can infect us with your peacemaking." Cobb narrowed his eyes at the Doctor and Rita. "We're committed to the fight, to the very end."

"Well, that's all right. We can't stay, anyway. Got to go and find our friend." He smiled.

"That's not possible. All movement is regulated." He said. "We're at war."

"Yeah, we noticed, got caught up in your gunfire with the Hath, they took one of our friends."

"But tell me, because we got a bit out of circulation, eastern zone and all that." The Doctor added. "So who exactly are the Hath?"

"Back at the dawn of this planet, these ancient halls were carved from the earth." Cobb started to explain. "Our ancestors dreamt of a new beginning. A colony where human and Hath would work and live together."

"So what happened?"

"The dream died. Broken, along with Hath promises. They wanted it all for themselves. But those early pioneers, they fought back. They used the machines to produce soldiers instead of colonists, and began this battle for survival."

Donna frowned speaking up as she peered out of the gap in a boarded up window. "There's nothing but earth outside, why's that?" She asked over her shoulder. "Why build everything underground?"

"The surface is too dangerous."

"Well, then why build windows in the first place?" She asked then pointed at a group of numbers above the window. "And what does this mean?"

"The rites and symbols of our ancestors. The meaning's lost in time."

"How long's this war gone on for?"

"Longer than anyone can remember. Countless generations marked only by the dead." He sadly replied.

"What, fighting all this time?" Donna looked at him.

"Because we must." Jenny interrupted. "Every child of the machine is born with this knowledge. It's our inheritance. It's all we know. How to fight, and how to die."

"Great," Rita muttered.

----------------------------------------------------------------  

The Doctor had his glasses on looking at a sort of map with Rita something Cobb had shown them. "Does this show the entire city, including the Hath zones?"

"Yes. Why?" He questioned.

"Well, it'll help us find Martha."

"We've more important things to do," Cobb stated. "The progenation machines are powered down for the night shift, but soon as they're active, we could breed a whole platoon from you three."

"I'm not having sons and daughters by some great big flipping machine." Donna hissed. "Sorry, no offence, but you're not." She looked over at Jenny. "Well, I mean, you're not real."

"You're no better than them." She snapped. "I have a body, I have a mind, I have independent thought. How am I not real?" She asked. "What makes you better than me?"

"Well said, soldier." Cobb nodded. "We need more like you if ever we're to find the Source."

"Ooo, the Source." The Doctor looked up. "What's that, then? What's a Source? I like a Source."

"I prefer ketchup." Rita laughed the Doctor joining in. The two forced themselves to stop after Donna, Cobb and Jenny started giving them both an odd look. Rita coughed lightly. "What is it?"

"The Breath of Life."

"And that would be..?" The Doctor questioned.

"In the beginning, the great one breathed life into the universe. And then she looked at what she'd done, and she sighed."

"She," Jenny spoke up nodding. "I like that."

"Right. So it's a creation myth." The Doctor shot the story down.

"It's not myth." He protested. "It's real. That sigh. From the beginning of time, it was caught and kept as the Source." Said Cobb. "It was lost when the war started. But it's here, somewhere. Whoever holds the Source controls the destiny of the planet."

The Doctor flashed his sonic at the map. "Ah! I thought so." He leant in slightly. "There's a suppressed layer of information in this map." He pointed at it. "If I can just..." Rita beat him to it using her sonic and showing more tunnels. The Doctor looked at her pouting slightly.

"Sorry sweetheart." She smirked at him. "Maybe if you didn't talk so much you would have beat me to it."

"What is it, what's it mean?" Donna interrupted them both.

"See?" The Doctor pointed. "A whole complex of tunnels hidden from sight."

"That must be the lost temple," Cobb said looking at the map. "The Source will be inside. You've shown us the way." He looked at the Time Lords. "And look, we're closer than the Hath. It's ours."

Cobb turned to the soldier. "Tell them to prepare to move out. We'll progenate new soldiers on the morning shift, then we march." He explained. "Once we reach the Temple, peace will be restored at long last."

"Er, call us old-fashioned, but if you really wanted peace, couldn't you just stop fighting?"

"Only when we have the Source. It'll give us the power to erase every stinking Hath from the face of this planet." He spat their name.

"Hang on, hang on." The Doctor stopped him. "A second ago it was peace in our time. Now you're talking about genocide."

"For us, that means the same thing."

"Then you need to get yourself a better dictionary. When you do, look up genocide. You'll see a little picture of us there, and the caption will read, over our dead bodies!" He shouted gesturing to himself and Rita.

"And you're the two who showed us the path to victory. But you can consider the irony from your prison cell. Cline, at arms." He ordered the soldier raised his gun.

"Oi, oi, oi." Donna hissed while the Doctor stepped in front of Rita and Donna. "All right. Cool the beans, Rambo."

"Take them. I won't have them spreading treason." Cobb glared at them. "And if you try anything, Doctor, I'll see that your woman dies first." He looked over at Donna. Rita snorted still not understanding why everyone thought they were together.

"No, we're," the Doctor shook his head, "we're not a couple."

"I am not his woman," Donna said looking slightly ill.

"That would be me." Rita raised her hand wiggling her fingers the ring on her hand sparkling ever so slightly. "See?" She said the Doctor grinning widely at how happy she looked.

"Come on." Cobb groaned. "This way."

"I'm going to stop you, Cobb. You need to know that."

"I have an army and the Breath of God on my side, Doctor. What'll you have?"

"The Stone." He looked over at her the both of them nodding. "And this." They both lightly tapped their temples.

"Lock them up and guard them," Cobb ordered.

"What about the new soldier?"

"Can't trust her. She's from pacifist stock. Take them all." He pushed Jenny over, the Doctor and Rita stopping her from falling over.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"More numbers," Donna muttered looking at another line of random numbers. "They've got to mean something."

"Makes as much sense as the Breath of Life story." The Doctor muttered sitting down Rita next to him nodding.

"You mean that's not true?" Jenny asked.

"No, it's a myth. Isn't it, Doctor, Stone?"

"Yes, but there could still be something real in that temple." He said. "Something that's become a myth. A piece of technology, a weapon."

"So the Source could be a weapon and we've just given directions to Captain Nutjob?" Donna asked.

"I'm afraid we have." Rita sighed running a hand through her hair.

"Not good, is it?"

"That's why we need to get out of here, find Martha and stop Cobb from slaughtering the Hath." The Doctor said.

"There has got to be more to it than what Cobb makes it out to be." Rita frowned. The Doctor looked up frowning.

"What... what are you..." He looked at Jenny, "what are you... what are you staring at?"

"You two keep insisting you're not soldiers, but look at you both, drawing up strategies like proper generals."

"No, no." The Time Lords shook their heads. "We're trying to stop the fighting."

"Isn't every soldier?" She asked.

"Well..." he looked at Rita for help.

"I suppose..." she trailed off. "Doctor?"

"But that's... that's... Technically..." he stuttered. "We don't have time for this." He groaned. "Donna, give me your phone. Time for an upgrade."

"And now you've got a weapon." She nodded at his sonic.

"It's not a weapon." He protested flashing his sonic at the phone.

"But you're using it to fight back." She retorted. "I'm going to learn so much from you two. You are such soldiers."

"Donna, will you tell her?" The Doctor said seeing that Rita was very quiet most likely thinking.

"Oh, you two are speechless." Donna laughed. "I'm loving this. You keep on, Jenny."

Rita groaned resting her head on the Doctors shoulder.

The Doctor continued to sonic at the red heads phone. "You okay?"

"I keep thinking about my children, I failed to keep safe."

"It's not your fault." He told her. "You were made to leave them, you couldn't do anything about it."

Sighing she didn't reply. The Doctor finished with the phone and dialled Martha's number. "Doctor, Stone?"

"Martha!" The Time Lords jumped up smiling. "You're alive!"

"Doctor, Stone! Oh, am I glad to hear your voices. Are you both all right?" She asked.

"We're with Donna." He said. "We're fine. What about you?"

"And, and Jenny," Donna spoke up. "She's fine too."

"Yes, all right." The Doctor rolled his eyes. "And, and Jenny. That's the woman from the machine. The soldier. Mine and the Stones daughter, except she isn't, she's... she's."

"Anyway." Rita cut in saving him from trying to explain himself, "where are you?"

"I'm in the Hath camp." She explained. "I'm okay, but something's going on. The Hath are all marching off to some place that's appeared on this map thing."

"Oh, that was the Stone and I." The Doctor rubbed the back of his neck. "If both armies are heading that way, there's going to be a bloodbath."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Just stay where you are, if you're safe there, don't move, do you hear?"

"But I can help." She protested just before the call cut off.

"To war!" They heard soldiers shout from outside in the corridors.

"They're getting ready to move out. We have to get past that guard." The Doctor said.

"I can deal with him."

"No, no, no, no. The Doctor and Rita pulled her back. "You're not going anywhere."

"What?" She frowned at them.

"You belong here with them." The Doctor told her.

"She belongs with us." Donna protested. "With you, the both of you." She looked between the Doctor and Rita. "She's your daughter."

"She's a soldier." Rita protested angrily. "Not my child."

"She came out of that machine." The Doctor added.

"Oh yes, I know that bit. Listen, have you got that stethoscope?" She asked. The Doctor groaned as he brought it out. "Give it to me. Come on."

Stepping back Donna moved over to Jenny holding the stethoscope.

"What are you doing?" She frowned.

"It's all right," Donna reassured her. "Just hold still." She placed it on her chest listening for a moment Rita rolled her eyes she would most likely find one heart or should, Time Lords grew another heart after their first regeneration a very painful process, from Rita's experience it was anyway. But there was the small chance if she was a sort of clone... thing or 'real'. Jenny could possibly have two hearts.

"Doctor come here." She gestured him over. "Listen, and then tell me where she belongs."

The Doctor listened raising a brow and looking at Rita shallowly swallowing. "Two hearts." He looked at her, she moved over beside him and listened herself then looked at him slightly terrified, the Doctor saw a glimmer of hope in her eye.

"Two hearts." She quietly murmured to herself as if saying it aloud would make it more real.

"Exactly." Donna slowly nodded.

Not understanding what was going on Jenny frowned glancing at the Doctor then Rita. "What's going on?"

"Does that mean she's a Time Lady?" Donna asked after Rita explained the difference between the difference between a Time Lord and a Time Lady a couple of weeks ago.

"What's a Time Lady?"

"Time Lord." The Doctor muttered. "It's what we are. The Stone and I, where we're from."

"Time Lady is the what female Time Lords sometimes call themselves. Normally if there is more than one it would be Time Lords." Rita softly explained.

"And I'm from you two."

"You're an echo, that's all." The Doctor said Rita slowly nodded. "A Time Lord is so much more." He took Rita's hand. "A sum of knowledge, a code, a shared history, a shared suffering. Only it's gone now, all of it." He looked at Rita sadly. "Gone forever."

"What happened?"

"There was a war."

"Like this one?"

The Doctor and Rita chuckled lightly shaking their heads. "Bigger. Much bigger."

"And you fought, and killed?" She asked the Doctor, Rita gently squeezing his hand.

"Yes."

"And you...?" She looked at Rita.

"No." She shook her head. "I was forced to make the weapons, guns, ammunition the lot."

Jenny looked between the Time Lords. "Then how are we different?"

"Sweetheart maybe they're right," Rita whispered telepathically to him, maybe she was their daughter, maybe Rita didn't believe because what happened to her children before and she couldn't face it happening again. The Doctor said it himself, it wasn't her fault for what happened. So why couldn't Jenny be their daughter? The Doctor sighed not answering and taking her hand. "We need to get out of this cell first."

"I got an idea." Jenny piped up. Rita and the Doctor raised a brow at her for the young blonde to go on and explain her idea. "You three stay behind that wall." She whispered pointing at the wall you couldn't see from outside the cell. Frowning a little the Doctor somewhat agreed moving over to the wall with Rita, Donna behind them.

"Hey." Jenny walked up to Cline who stood with his back to the cell.

"I'm not supposed to talk to you. I'm on duty." He replied turning around.

"I know." She grinned. "Guarding me. So, does that mean I'm dangerous, or that I need protecting?"

"Protecting from what?" He frowned.

"Oh, I don't know." She innocently shrugged. "Men like you?" She then pulled him in for a kiss while grabbing his gun pointing it at his stomach. "Keep quiet and open the door."

"I'd like to see you try that." Donna joked whispering to the Doctor.

"Mother like daughter?" The Doctor joked glancing over at Rita raising a brow.

"That was one time." She sternly pointed at him. "And you were the one who came up with that idea."

"You followed it."

"Shut up." She muttered, the Doctor smirked as she groaned quietly moving out into the corridor.

The Doctor became serious looking past the wall seeing a guard down the stairs. "That's the way out."

Jenny raised a pistol. The Doctor took it away the moment he saw it. "Don't you dare."

Donna stepped forward flicking hair out of her face. "Let me distract this one. I have picked up a few womanly wiles over the years."

The Doctor looked at her slightly disgusted. "Let's save your wiles for later. In case of emergency." He then started to rummage around in his coat pocket. Rita started to chuckle and held up what he was looking for. "How?"

"I got bored. It's really easy to steal things from you without you noticing." She smirked starting to wind up the clockwork mouse.

"How did you discover that?" She asked.

"As if I was going to sit around listening to my parents tell me what to do all day, causing as much trouble as I could when I was younger was only half of the things I got up to before I met you." She shook her head. "It was quite amusing to see their faces when I had my father's tools."

"And to this day I still learn things about you Stone." He shook his head amusingly at her.

"Same with you sweetheart." She grinned then placed the clockwork mouse on the floor. They watched as it rolled out, the guard heard it and turned around picking it up before falling to the floor after Jenny karate chopped him from behind.

Angrily the Doctor picked up the mouse pointing it at her. "I was going to distract him, not clobber him."

"Well, it worked, didn't it?" She shrugged.

"It did work even if I disagree with the violence."

"Stone please don't start taking sides." He groaned at her rubbing his forehead.

"But it's so much fun." She pouted. The Doctor gave her a look wiping the pout away she rolled her eyes. "I'm joking, Jenny stay there and don't hurt anyone." She shook her head following the Doctor.

After figuring out where they were going they headed through the corridors and tunnels.

"Wait." The Doctor and Rita sharply stopped. "This is it." He looked at the map in his hand. "The hidden tunnel. There must be a control panel."

"It's another one of those numbers." Donna frowned looking at the numbers on the wall. "They're everywhere."

"The original builders must have left them."

"Must be some sort of old cataloguing system," Rita added

"You got a pen?" Donna asked. "Bit of paper? Because, do you see, the numbers are counting down." She pointed out. "This one ends in one four. The prison cell said one six."

"Always thinking, you three. Who are you, people?"

"I told you. I'm the Doctor."

"And I'm the Stone."

"The Doctor and the Stone." She frowned. "That's it?"

"That's all they ever say." Donna shrugged.

"So, you two don't have a name either?" She looked between them. "Are you anomalies, too?"

"No." The Doctor replied.

"Oh, come off it." Donna scoffed. "You're the most anomalous bloke I've ever met."

Rita smirked. "He has his moments." She joined the Doctor helping him open the control panel.

"Here it is."

"And Time Lords. What are they for, exactly?"

"For?" The Doctor and Rita looked up. "They're not... They're not for anything."

"So what do you two do?"

"The Stone and I travel through time and space."

"They save planets, rescues civilisations, defeats terrible creatures," Donna explained. "And they run a lot. Seriously, there's an outrageous amount of running involved."

"Got it!" The Doctor and Rita exclaimed as the door slid open.

"Squad five, with me." They heard Cobb not far behind them. The Doctor took Rita's hand and raised a brow at Donna. "Now, what were you saying about running?" Rita laughed shaking her head as they took off running through the passage way. They came to a halt just before an array of laser beams crossing over each other blocking the next passageway.

"That's not mood lighting, is it?" The Doctor reached into his pocket again and groaned his eyes shifting to the Time Lady standing there grinning with the clockwork mouse in her hand. "Sorry Sweetheart it seems I just found out that this body enjoys causing slight trouble."

"When don't you enjoy causing trouble in general?"

"Not the point Doctor." She tossed the clockwork mouse into the direction of lasers and watched the mouse become slight dust.

"No, I didn't think so," Donna muttered.

"Arming device." The Doctor spotted. He and Rita moved over starting to work on the blue box.

"There's more of these." Donna pointed to more of the numbers. "Always eight numbers, counting down the closer we get."

The Doctor beamed opening the box. "Right, here we go."

"You'd better be quick."

"Corridor." They heard Cobb.

"The General." Jenny went to move the Doctor spun around stopping her in her tracks.

"Where are you going?"

"I can hold them up."

"No, we don't need any more dead." The Doctor shook his head.

"But it's them or us." She protested.

"Jenny it doesn't mean you have to kill them please."

"I'm trying to save your lives." She protested.

"Listen to us." He held her shoulders. "The killing. After a while, it infects you. And once it does, you're never rid of it."

"We don't have a choice."

The Doctor and Rita looked at her deadly serious. "We always have a choice."

"I'm sorry." She looked at them sadly running off in the direction of the voices.

"Jenny." They both watched shaking their heads.

The Doctor started to sonic at the box. "This door, now." They heard the soldiers shouted. Rita glanced back at the door her mind racing trying to decide what to do. "Doctor stay here." She pulled him into a hug as he blinked in confusion, his eyes widening as she started to sprint away, he grabbed her wrist shaking his head. "She's a soldier leave her."

"Doctor she is barely an adult." Rita sternly told him. "She shouldn't be near a weapon no matter who she is. I'm going to stop her from making a mistake, please get that thing open for when I am dragging her back here."

"But you could get shot!" He protested grabbing her shoulders.

"Sweetheart may I remind you that I have been shot before." She kissed him quickly before running off to save the young blonde from making a horrible mistake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 7.3K 41
The Master is dead. The Year That Never Was is just that. The Year That Never Was. Martha is gone, and so is Jack, and the Doctor and Jessie are stil...
169K 4.3K 24
#6 in #tenthdoctor She escaped the Time War. She stole a TARDIS and ran. She left everything behind. Her family, her friends, and her soulmate. She...
80K 2.6K 115
Being alone is not so bad. It's when the loneliness kicks in that you realise how scared you are. You try to fill the void with all the friends you c...
43.7K 1.2K 21
Doctor Who Fanfic A Time Lord out of time. A Time Lord out of place. Together they are the only Time Lords in existence. Prepare yourself for a tim...