Caught Up

By Xiangxin__

Seventeen year old, Cavonte Carter has a dream of becoming the next big thing. The goal of becoming a rapper... More

Cavonte| One
Two |Santana
Cavonte| Three
Four |Santana
Cavonte| Five
Six |Santana
Cavonte| Seven
Eight | Santana
Cavonte| Nine
Ten |Santana
Cavonte| Eleven
Twelve| Santana
Cavonte| Thirteen
Fourteen| Santana
Cavonte |Fifteen
Sixteen | Santana
Cavonte | Seventeen
Seventeen | Santana
Cavonte | Nineteen
Twenty | Santana
*ATTENTION*
Cavonte | Twenty-One
Epilogue | Santana
*ATTENTION!!*
Extras: 1
Extras: 3
Caught up Remake/ Caught Up 2 Coming Soon

Extras: 2

233 15 1
By Xiangxin__

Jaylen:

"Is that everything?" I tried my best not to groan as I set a box down in the empty living space. Mom kept her word about moving back down here in Florida. I didn't think this soon. Apart of me wanted to be happy that she's here but, I still blamed her for not being a better parent. I haven't heard from her since I last saw her when she visited. Everything isn't gonna go back to the way it was so easily. She had to work for it and of course I'm going to have to put in some effort.

Mom plopped down on the couch.  Appearing tired as she lazily laid across the soft, white cushions. "No. There's two more boxes. One with my comforters and the other kitchen supplies along with cleaning products."

Santana headed out first and I followed behind her. We made sure to stay out of the movers way as they carried in furniture. New furniture as it seemed.

"Can you at least pretend like you want to be here? You offered to help Mommy remember?" Santana lectured me as we headed to Mom's car.

"We've been moving boxes for like an hour. What I look like smiling carrying boxes of heavy ass shit?"

"You don't have to smile but, you can at least wipe that frown off your face. Besides, it's been thirty minutes. I don't know how you're in shape when you don't workout."

"I do workout."

"Since when?"

"I do squats three times a day. Up and down when I go through the fridge everyday. And I stretch when reaching for snacks. And, I go up and down the stairs multiple times. If that don't work up a sweat I don't know what to tell you."

Santana scoffed as she grabbed the light weight box labeled sheets. "See if Tay was here you both would go to the gym as usual. It won't be long before summer is over and basketball season begins."

"Well he isn't here." I grabbed the last box and shut the trunk.

The look on Santana's face made me regret saying it so harshly.

"Do you even care? Brothers fight and they makeup. Stop holding a grudge about what happened and go see him. You might regret it if you don't."

"I'm not holding a grudge about the fight. Of course I want Tay to be here as much as you do but, you don't have to bring him up all the time. What if he doesn't-"

She held out her hand signaling for me to shut up. Her eyebrows furrowed and she frowned. "You should be more positive and have faith because the lack of it is showing." With that being said she walked away.

Apart of me wanted to believe Tay would suddenly wake up and things would go back to normal but, the realistic part didn't. Even if he does wake up his injuries might cause him to be paralyzed. He got shot in his chest and the side of his rib cage. The impact of his fall caused him to fracture the back of his skull. Dad has him on life support but, with injuries like that I can tell he's suffering. I know we should wait a little longer but, I rather we put him out of his misery.

As harsh as that may sound it's true. I'm going to terribly miss him but, that's the best option. Going to the hospital to see him is going to crush the little faith that I have for him. I can't see him like that. I won't. I just wish things could be better but life sucks.

After the movers left we helped Mom unpack most of her things. There's plenty more to do but, she insisted we take a break. She ordered Chinese food.

"How's everything?" She asked. Picking up one of the rib tips and taking a bite.

Santana played in her food but, even if I didn't want to be here I tore up my plate.

"Alright." I simply said in-between bites.

I can hear her sigh but, what does she expect from me? We don't talk unless it benefits her. The moment she came back she wants us to help her with the move.

"Jaylen. I'm trying here okay? The least you can do is spare me attitude. It's been a hot day and it's not gonna be any better with you giving me the cold shoulder."

"I'm surprised since you been giving me the cold shoulder for two and a half years."

Santana eyed me sideways like i'm in the wrong. I'm not in the wrong Mom is.

Mom sat up straight. We sat in the living room on the couches. "Look, I may not deserve the best mom of the year award but, you know I love you. I never meant to hurt you. If I would've known you wanted to come I wouldn't have mind. I thought you didn't want to leave your friends behind."

"You rarely called mom! If that's what you think i'm angry about then this conversation has ended. You weren't there period. You were too busy pleasing your man to give a damn about me." I didn't mean to yell at her but, she pissing me off. I love my mom but, she's selfish. She always has been.

"I can't excuse the fact that I should've called more but, there's never been a time I put a man before my kids. I love you and Santana to death and it upsets me that you feel some strong resentment towards me. I'm here now and that's all that matters. I can't make up for the past but, I don't want to waste anymore time living in it."

Her words didn't make me feel any better about the situation because I knew deep down inside if her ex didn't leave her we wouldn't be here now. I didn't want to live in the past either but, i'm not the one who easily forgives.

"It's going to take awhile for us to get to a place where we'll both be happy. I don't forgive you and a few words is not going to help. One thing I learned from you is that you have to show me better than you can tell me."

Mom didn't look too pleased with my answer but, she flashed me a small smile as she reached for my hand. "It's a start."

I squeezed hers and flashed her a half smile back before letting go.

Chad invited me over to his house where he's throwing a small get together. I wasn't surprised that he told me Sienna Moore is there. My boy got my back and come through as the best wing man.

Omar asked out Sienna's friend Diamond and, she asked if Sienna can come. Perfect for me to get to know her a little better. Know her at all at least before conquering the big quest.

Most of the guys from the basketball team are here along with the varsity cheerleaders. I see Chad even invited the junior cheerleaders too. What's a kickback without fresh meat?

"Yo! Jay man in the house!" My dawg Erik started a chant which led to the rest of the team chanting as well.

Ole Jameson stuck up ass just clapped once before taking a swig of alcohol. What's he doing here anyway? Last time I checked he doesn't go to Laxwood Heights anymore.

I was about to chew into his ass about that too but, Chad was quick to wrap his arm around my shoulder. Everyone else went back to enjoying the small party. Chad patted my chest, "Bro! What took yo ass so long?"

Before I could complain about my mom Chad covered my mouth. "Don't worry about it. All good now. Time for your ass to get laid tonight." He removed his hand. I stifled a laugh. As much as I wanted to bed Sienna I know she's not an easy catch.

Chad led me out of the living space and towards his patio where Erik, Omar, Xavier, and Scott stood around the bonfire drinking. Of course a few cheerleaders swam around in the pool while they watched and had conversation.

Omar pulled me into a bro hug and the others slapped hands with me.

"What's up Jay?" Scott is quick to ask.

"Nun man. Just scoping out the party." I flashed my boys a goofy smile. They already knowing what i'm up to.

Xavier tossed his empty cup into the garbage. "Yo. I heard Sienna been asking about you tonight. What's up with that?"

Oh she has? No surprise there. I'm Jaylen Diego. Pretending that I already knew what's up I said, "Nun yet. You know how I do. Ain't no love just straight-"

"Fucking." They all interrupted me before laughing.

I laughed along with them. Talking my game as usual. I mean it wasn't a lie. Sex is all I think about. I'm sure every guy can agree, but sometimes I do think about settling down one day, and having a future for myself. Maybe even a kid or two. Until the day I meet the one i'm just going to continue going through girls like groceries.

"Enough about me. What y'all lame asses been getting into? Who am I kidding? Omar lame ass jacks off to black porno,"

Xavier was the first to laugh and I made sure to cut into him too. "What you laughing for? We all know you ain't have no girl since the sixth grade. With yo ugly ah."

The rest started laughing and we all turned it into a roasting session as always.

"Bruh keep it G. We all know you wouldn't be snatching these tens if yo boy Cavonte was here." Xavier cut back at me making the other guys ooh.

I had to laugh at that one myself. "Nigga where you been? I been snatching baddies even when bruh was here." I sized bruh up. My eyes landed on his shoes and I burst out laughing. Pointing I said, "What are those!! What you need to do is snatch off them bad ass, dirty ass white airforces nigga."

My boys cracked up. Even Xavier laughed himself. His shoes f'd up and even he knew it.

Chad crouched down and slapped Xavier's shoes. Almost crying from laughing. "Bro the back of you shoes clapping. You need to start hitting up the gym cus' yo shoes leaning. Lay off them pork chops yo Mama always cooking. Better yet ask her to save me a plate."

Erik jumped in for Xavier making the roasting session even funnier. "Chad you know damn well you can't be talking about nobody Mama. Yo mama might as well install an elevator in this house with all the money she got. Cuz yo ass know it take them big legs a minute to come down them steps."

I'm done with Erik white ass. He got me dying because we all knew Chad Mama is a mess. Not in a bad way.

"Justin Bieber take yo ass in the house and sing about all the babies you don't got. Aight? Then come back and introduce me to my new bitch." Chad shot back which was a little soft to me. We all still laughed though.

"What's with the white boy jokes? How about if we called y'all n-"

Omar stopped mid sentence with the looks Chad, Xavier, Scott, and me were giving him. Even though we all cool it still didn't give Omar, Erik or any other white person to call us niggas. We all laughed at Omar's face. We was only messing with him.

I left my boys to roast some more with each other. I headed into the house to see if I can score me a drink.

It wasn't a surprise I bumped into Sienna. Her small hands held my wrists, and her chocolate brown eyes held my gaze. "I'm sorry. I think I been drinking a little too much." She softly giggled which I thought was absolutely cute.

I wrapped her arms around my neck and I held on to her small waist. "Nah I think you walked into me on purpose. I heard you been looking for me. You got my attention." I flashed her one of my sexy smiles girls can't resist.

She looks down for a second to bite her lip. Holding back her beautiful smile. I would run my hands through her hair but, she barely has any since she has a short cut.

Looking up at me she smiles anyway, "Is it that obvious?"

Shaking my head I kissed her cheek, "It's cute. I been looking for you too."

Her breath hitched as she looked up at me. I stared down at her lips as she tiptoed to kiss me. I fought the urge to roll my eyes as I leaned down to meet her half way.  This was too easy.  I guess Chad better be prepared to change his sheets in the morning. I'm getting laid after all.

Sometimes I didn't mind the chase.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 11K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...
70.4K 2.4K 53
Olivia has lived a tough life; her mother left her and her father is an alcoholic who takes great pleasure in beating her every time he thinks about...
5.7K 935 96
He stood for everything she was against and he wouldn't be caught dead befriending someone like her, but when the worst happens and they find themsel...
2.7K 156 34
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...