Stand Up

By emmaapayne

This story is about 2 sisters who are moving from Canada to London ! It's filled with drama, new friendships... More

Stand Up - part 1
Stand Up - Part 2
Stand Up - Part 3
Stand Up - Part 4
Stand Up - Part 6
Stand Up - Part 7
Stand Up - Part 8
Stand Up - Part 9
Stand Up - Part 10
Stand Up - Part 11
Stand Up - Part 12
Stand Up - Part 13
Stand Up - Part 14
Stand Up - Part 15
Stand Up - Part 16
Stand Up - Part 17
Stand Up - Part 18
Stand Up - Part 19
Stand Up - Part 20
Stand Up - Part 21

Stand Up - Part 5

363 1 0
By emmaapayne

This is one of my favorite parts :D I'm sorry it's such a long one ! I didn't noticed, until now.... Anyway, enjoy reading :D 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up by the smell of fresh pancakes, I smiled. I didn't want to get up, I wondered how Sky was. Finally, I got up. It was already 12.20PM. When I got downstairs I saw an older woman standing in the kitchen, she had the age around the thirties I guess, I was wondering who she was, probably Liam's mom. She turned around and saw me standing there with only a shirt on from her son. She smiled sweet "Euhm, hi.." she said, this was so embarrassing. "H-hi.. I'm Emma" I said quietly, and I stuttered a bit. "Are you Liam's girlfriend ?" she smiled, I laughed bit. The idea of being his girlfriend made me happy "No, I'm just a friend" I smiled; when I was done talking someone grabbed my shoulders from behind, I jumped up. It was Liam, he gave me a kiss on my cheek "Good morning, slept well ?" he said with a morning voice, I smiled "Morning, good, you ?" I answered."I slept well. Niall slept in the couch" he smiled and his mom coughed. "Oh hai mom, I didn't know you were here. Thought you were gone for your work." he said, bit awkward. His mom smiled and said "I came home early, when I saw Niall sleeping in the couch, so I decided to bake some pancakes for you both. But I didn't know you're gi-- friend was sleeping over." I smiled, "Maybe, you should give her a sweater" she continued. Liam looked at me “Yeah, that would be a good idea” he said and walked upstairs. This is so embarrassing “Shall I wake Niall ?” I asked his mom “Yeah, you should” she said and smiled sweet, I walked to the living room and patted my own head “Well good morning” Niall said, I looked at him and smiled “I just had to wake you up” I said “From Liam ?” he asked me, I sighed “No his mom” I said, he laughed “Is that the reason you patted your own head ?” I laughed bit too and blushed bit “Yeah, look at me. I’m only wearing a shirt of her son ! This is so embarrassing.. She tought I was Liam’s girlfriend”  I smiled when I was saying that, Niall looked at me “You like the idea of it don’t you ?” he asked me, I smiled, I didn’t heard what he asked me “That’s a yes” Niall said with a huge smile on his face “Huh ? What ? No !” I said, he started teasing me “oooh LIAAAAM!” he said while laughing “Shut up Nialler !” I laughed and putted my hand for his mouth and looked at him “I don’t know okay ? He just seems really nice and he’s so sweet. But I don’t know him at all” I said as I was taking my hand off his mouth, Niall smiled “He’s into you, believe me.” He said, my face lighted up “He is ?” I asked hopeful “I think he is, the way he looks at you” he said, that totally made my day, I smiled wide. Liam came inside the living room and handed me his sweater “There you go” he said and smiled at me, I smiled back “Thanks” Liam looked at Niall “Good morning buddie, slept well ?” Liam asked, Niall nodded “Mornin’ yeah, the couch is a really good bed !” Niall answered as Liam’s mom said we could eat our brunch. We all walked to the kitchen and started eating the pancakes. They were absolutely delicious ! Bit later my phone vibrated , I looked and saw my dad was calling. “Shit” I said, they looked at me “what’s wrong ?” Liam asked “My dad is calling” I told him “Pick up !” he said, I answered the phone..

Emma: “Hello ?”

Dad: “Good morning, slept well ?”

Emma: “Morning dad, yeah.”

Dad: “Would you mind giving Sky ?”

Emma: “Sky is having a shower at the moment”

Liam’s mom was looking confused, Liam explained everything to her and she winked at me.

Dad: “oh, alright. Don't be too late at home, you got work to do. Kay ?”

Emma: “Yeah, sure. Bye dad”

Dad: “Bye”

He hanged up. I looked bit ashamed at Liam’s mom, I hated lying to my dad.

"We're leaving in an hour back to London" Liam said, "With the others ?" I asked, he nodded. Niall got up and got dressed, I just sat in the couch together with Liam both talking and watching some TV. When Niall was ready, Liam got dressed so I talked with Niall. After Liam it was finally my turn. I went upstairs and got dressed as soon as I was ready we left back to London, we were supposed to meet at their other house in London, which is next to mine. I was lucky my parents were working right now, so they wouldn't see I was with the boys. We were just singing and having fun in the car as Liam was driving it. 1 hour later, we arrived at their place. Louis' car was parked there, so they must've been there already. As soon as we arrived, we saw Gina running out and gave Niall a major hug followed by a kiss, I smiled at them, gave Sky a hug and greeted the others. "Alright, I'm going home first. My parents probably left a paper, I'll come back later" I said as I smiled and went inside my house. There were boxes everywhere, it looked like a total mess which I had to clean. I looked around the house trying to find a paper. I found one hanging on the fridge, I sighed as I was reading it.

"Hey sweetheart, you must be home as your reading this paper. I hope you and Sky had a good time and met new friends. We're working and we don't know what time it will be tonight. Like you can see, the house is a total mess and I want you to clean it and unpack the boxes. You also have to go to the supermarket since we got no food yet and you and Sky have to eat. I really hope the house will be cleaned when I get back from work so I don't have to do it. Take care of your sister and I'll text you later to tell you what time we'll get home x x love mom"

I looked around while holding the paper, cleaning the house and unpacking the boxes. It'll take few hours. I texted Sky "I won't be able to come over at the boys their house, I have to clean the house here and unpack all the boxes. I'll bring your stuff to your room so you can personalize it when your home. I also have to go to the supermarket, so be at home around 7pm for dinner alright ? Xx"  I texted her, I put some music on and started unpacking the boxes first, only 5 minutes later, Sky came in "Hey, where's the list of things you need from the supermarket ?" she asked, "It's on the kitchen table" I said as I looked at her, she walked to the kitchen table and grabbed the paper "Why ?" I questioned "Liam's going to town right now, so he'll stop at the supermarket and buy it" she said as she smiled, I smiled too "Thank him" I said, "I will" she replied as she walked outside. I sang with the music and started unpacking the boxes and settled everything.

2 hours later, the doorbell rang, I opened it as I looked right into Liam's eyes "Hi" I said as I opened the door more so he could come in. "Hiya" he said as he smiled, I took some bags so he didn't had to carry them all. We dropped everything in the kitchen as I took a deep breath "Did you carried all these heavy bags on your own ?" I asked, he laughed "Yeah, I'm a strong guy ! I got many abs" he said as he showed his biceps, I laughed "Yeah right" I said as I poked him, he looked around "Have you done this all on your own ?" he questioned, I looked happily around "Yeah, who else would've done it ? But I'm not ready yet" I said as he looked to the many boxes left "What if I help you ?" he questioned, I smiled at him "Yeah that's fine for me" I said, "But, than you have to stay over for dinner so I can give you something back alright ?" I asked, "No" he said, I looked confused at him and directly felt uncomfortable "what if we go on a date ? Just the two of us ?" he smiled, I smiled as I blushed "Yeah, that's a good idea" I said, "Tonight ? When we're done here ?" he asked, I nodded "But when we're done, I have to get ready first and make dinner for Sky" I said, "I'm sure she can eat at our place" Liam said, I smiled "We'll see, but first the boxes" I said as I pushed him in the direction of the boxes and we both started unpacking and settling everything. I had actually a fun time, he was really funny. Liam was working in the garden, SHIRTLESS, as I was unpacking few more boxes. When I suddenly got cold water in my neck, I jumped up and screamed, I heard Liam laughing, I turned around and saw him laughing holding a glass in his hand, "I'll get you back !" I said, I took a glass put some water in it and threw it at him, that's how we started playing with water as we decided to play outside else I had to clean the room. He took a bucket filled with water and threw it all on me, and so we were just having fun in the garden. I threw lot of water at him, the sprinklers were on, so there was a lot of water, I tried to run away when he wrapped his arms around me, I laughed and he held me under a sprinkler we were both laughing, I laid my hands on his arms try to get them away when we suddenly heard someone coughing at the door hall, we both looked up and he directly let me go. I laughed bit, well this was awkward "Hi dad" I said, I saw Liam smiling at my dad, my dad smiled back and looked at me "Is this the way you're unpacking everything ?" my dad said, I could hear in his voice he couldn't laugh with Liam standing here shirtless while I had work to do "Didn't you found the list your mom wrote ? You got work to do. If you will do it like this later, you --" I sighed and looked down "Sir, she has been working whole day. This is my fault, you should not blame Emma. I just thought, she could use 5 minutes break." Liam said, I looked at him, he gave me a little smile and looked back at my dad, "Well, wh--" my dad wanted to say something "Dad please" I sighed, "As you can see there are only 5 boxes left and everything's done." I continued, "Couldn't you wait being childish until you're done unpacking the boxes ?" he said bit angry, I heard Liam sighed "Oh please dad. Did you just came home to be mad at me again ? I thought we had a deal, but like this it won't work. It's not because you don't like having fun and enjoying your life, I don't either. My life isn't about working dad, my life is about friends, love and FAMILY. In your life it's only working and money. So don't tell me what to do okay ? Cause we're both different." I said, I got really mad. My dad looked at me "We'll talk about this later." He said, I laughed sarcastically "Yeah, when you're "HOME" I said giving him a mad look, he looked like he could shoot me and Liam, he turned around and left back to his work. I directly turned to Liam as I sighed "I'm so sorry about my dad.." I said, he smiled at me "Don't be sorry, this is not your fault" he said "Yeah but still" I sighed, I hated my dad. He ruined this moment, this day. "Don't worry,  I had a nice time though. And I'm not leaving until you're asking me. And as we still have to unpack 5 more boxes" he said as he smiled, I smiled back "I won't ask you to leave silly" I said as I poked him. "But for we begin to work again, you should put some dry clothes on" Liam said, I laughed "Remember I just moved in here ? My clothes are on my room and I don't know in which of the 23 boxes my clothes are" I said, Liam started laughing "What ?" I asked as I started laughing too "23 boxes ? Are you serious ?" he asked as he laughed, "Yes ! I'm a girl" I said, he laughed "Well yeah, that already says enough" he said, "You'll be working in these wet clothes than ?" he asked, I was wearing a top, with a sweater and a short "Why not ?" I asked as I looked at my clothes "Cause it'll make everything wet, hold on" he said, he went to the side of the garden, grabbed his shirt and came back "Put my shirt on" he said as he handed my his shirt "What about you than ?" I said as I chuckled "Well I'm sure you don't mind I'm helping you in this outfit ?" he asked, I laughed "I clearly don't !" I said, we both went inside. I took my sweater and top off and put Liam's shirt on, he laughed when he saw me wearing his shirt "Don't you dare to laugh! This is all your fault mister !" I said as I laughed and lied my clothes in the sun so they could dry. I went back inside and we unpacked the last 5 boxes, which took really long. Around 7pm, me and Liam were just singing along the radio and dancing while we were still unpacking and settling everything, "Hey sweetheart" I heard my mom saying, I turned around and so did Liam "Oh hi" she said sweet as she smiled at Liam "Hi" Liam said friendly "Hi mom" I said as I greeted her, there was an awkward silence "So, Emma will you tell me who this boy is ?" she said as she smiled, she was probably thinking we were dating as I was wearing his shirt. "I'm Liam" Liam introduced himself as he shake hands with my mom "Hello Liam, nice to meet you" my mom said as she looked as his body, he didn't noticed but I did and I had to hold my laugh. "Nice to meet you too" Liam said "How long have you guys been dating ?" my mom asked, I could die. That was SO awkward, "Mom, we're not dating.. We're just friends" I said, "good friends" Liam said, I smiled at him. "He went to town for to the supermarket and than decided to help me with unpacking and settling everything" I said "Oh, that's nice from you. Thanks" my mom said, "but why are you home ?" I asked my mom "I came to see everything was alright" she said "Where's Sky ?" she said as she looked around "Sky's in the house next to us, at the boys their place, she's just having fun over there" I said, "When I'm done here I'll make her dinner" I said, "Can  I use the bathroom ?" Liam asked silly, I laughed at him "Of course you can silly" I said, he laughed and went to the bathroom "Aren't you eating tonight ?" she asked, I started unpacking the last box "I am.. But I'm actually going on a date with Liam .." I said, I really hope she wouldn't react like dad did, "Really ?" she asked happily, I started laughing a bit "Yes" I said, Liam came back "It's already 7pm" he said "Really ? Well, I'm done here in 5 minutes. You should get ready" I said as I smiled at him, "Alright, text me when you're ready alright ?" he questioned, "I will, thanks" I said as I smiled, he winked "No problem, see you soon than" he said as he left. "Is my daughter in loveeee ?" my mom said laughing, I laughed "Mom pleasee ! I'm not in love" I said as I started blushing, "You are ! You're blushing !" she said "Well, I have to admit, he's really good looking" she said, I started laughing "Is he a good kisser ?" she questioned "Mom !" I shouted "We are not dating !" I continued as we both were laughing "yet !" she laughed as we heard my dad coughing, my smile disappeared. I was finally done unpacking everything "Well, are you happy now ?" I said mad as I laid the empty box away and gave my dad a mad look "I'm sorry" he said "Whatever" I said as I rolled my eyes "So that boy, you like him ?" I looked at my mom and we both started laughing "Dad please" I said "They're having a date tonight" my mom said, I saw my dad didn't like the idea of it, he was really protective about me and Sky but he was trying "Really ? Shouldn't you get ready than ?" he said as he smiled bit "Yeah, I should" I said as I smiled and ran upstairs opening all the boxes till I found those with my clothes in it. I got dressed and put a little bit make up on, not that much. I decided to wear my favorite dress, it was a light blue one with white shoes under it. I got downstairs as I heard my parents talking.

Dad's POV:

"You have to let her go darling, she's almost 17. She's becoming a young women" mom said, I nodded "I know, but she's my little girl" I replied "I don't want to see her hurt by a boy" I continued "I've been talking to Liam for few minutes, and he seemed a really nice guy. He has been helping here the whole day, I personally think he would be perfect for her" she said "yeah, and because he's good looking you like him too" I said as I laughed bit, she laughed bit too "You should give the kid a chance love, Emma will need your advice, you're her dad. You're supposed to be happy that she's growing up" she replied, I smiled and kissed her "You're right. What would I do without you ?" I said as I kissed her again. We heard Emma coughing and both turned around. She looked beautiful "So, do I look good ?" Emma asked as she smiled slightly, we both smiled "You look perfect" I said "Liam will definitely like you" I continued, she smiled "I heard what you were saying dad, and Liam is a really good boy.. We're not dating, I first want to know him better. But I have to admit, I do like him already.." she said quietly "than go for it" I said as I smiled at her.

Liam's POV:

Emma just texted me she was ready. I was really nervous, the boys let me changed my outfit for trillion times but they were just making fun of it. Until Gina decided to help me together with Sky. I was wondering if Emma already knew Sky and Zayn are dating. "She's ready" I said as I smiled "Go for it Liaaam !" Niall said "Yeah ! I hope she'll understand your spoon fear" Louis laughed "HAHA. Really funny Loueh" I said as I laughed bit, "Well, I see you around than" I said as I turned around "Hey" Sky said "Go for it, she likes you. Don't let her down" she said as she winked at me, I had a huge smile on my face "I won't thanks Sky" I said as I left and ringed her doorbell. I was just wearing a nice shirt with a nice jeans and my all stars. Only 2 minutes later, someone opened the door, I looked up and I looked right in her eyes. She was looking so damn sexy. I couldn't believe that I was taking this princess on a date tonight, as I saw her standing there blushing I smiled "You're looking beautiful" I said, she smiled so cute. "Thanks, so are you" She said "Something else seeing you with a shirt on" she said, we both laughed "It's like I'm always walking half naked" I said, she laughed "Good you're not, or else your fans would be kind a freaking out" she said "Mom ? Dad ? I'm gone !" she shouted "hold on " her dad shouted as he appeared next to her "Liam ?" he said, I looked at him, I'm kinda scared of her dad. "Yes ?" I questioned "I'm sorry about therefore, that was a bad start. I hope we could start over ?" he asked as he raised out his hand and smiled "Sure" I said as we shook our hands "Have a nice time" he said as he smiled "And take care of my daughter" he continued, she laughed "Dad.." she said, "I will" we walked to my car as I opened the door for her and drove to the restaurant. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

364K 13.7K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
9.8M 498K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
3.8M 157K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...