Forbidden - Kitana & Tetsu's...

By sugarpaint

Through the age's man has been obsessed by the forbidden, forbidden fruit, forbidden places, forbidden room... More

Fordbidden - Kitana & Tetsu's Story
Authors note
Chapter 1 - Every Girls First Love
Chapter 2 - The Elusive Sister
Chapter 3 - Stupid Elf
Chapter 5 - Secrets out
Chapter 6 - I think my ovaries just popped
Chapter 7 - You only get that brooding look if its a girl
Chapter 8 - No one special
Chapter 9 - Is she my life partner?
Chapter 10 - My impossible Girl

Chapter 4 - Knight in shining armor

11 0 0
By sugarpaint

  Kitana POV

I storm up to my bedroom trying my hardest to calm down but failing miserably. Who does he think he is!? Laughing at my shattered dreams! I will make him pay. I get to my room and slam my door letting out a high pitched scream of frustration and stomp my feet to the other side of my room and kicking anything in my path as I begin to pace "Stupid Elf!" I scream out but it doesn't make me feel any better.

It's like I have all this pent up anger but I can't get rid of it, I think my door opens but I can't focus behind this fury that clouds my mind, still pacing I pinch the bridge of my nose and try to concentrate on breathing.

"Kitana" Cavelle is standing in front of me, her hands firmly on my shoulders to stop me from pacing and looks into my eyes but I focus on her lips "Kitana, look at me" her lips move but I can't hear a sound so I close my eyes as she squeezes my shoulders gently a calmness washes over me "That's right, just breath in, and out" I mimic her actions which makes her smile pleasantly "are you back with us?" she eyes me cautiously.

I hate that she can calm the deadliest of furies in me so simply. I sigh and nod pulling away from her and walking over to the large chair in the corner of the room by the window and sitting down drawing my knees up to my chest and rest my forehead on my knees to hide my embarrassment for a moment, my red hair creating a barrier from Cavelle's pitying look she gives me. "Sorry" I mumble barely above a whisper, looking up at her as I cuddle my legs closer to my chest.

Cavelle sat on the edge of the bed and scooped up a raggedy old teddy that must have fallen on the floor, it was my great protector from the monsters under my bed and other such horrors that crept into a child's room at night. I don't know why I keep him but a reminiscent look flashes across her face which made Cavelle smile, she must have had the same thought, and then she sighed with a disappointed look on her face obviously remembering why she is here.

"Kit, you can't just get mad at everyone that Father puts through to the Hikari." I groan loudly and she presses her lips together into a hard line while looking over at me with a raised brow but I avoid her gaze and instead move mine to the window "I know how much it means to you and it breaks my heart, it really does" from the corner of my eye I see another emotion flash on her face, sympathy maybe? "But the Hikari are here to protect us Kitana, I just wish you could let it go" she sighed again deeply and stared out the window too.

"How can I move on?...Cavelle, this is my dream, something I have wanted with my whole heart since I can remember" I roll my eyes and sigh "you would never understand" I shake my head and looked over at her trying to stop the tears that threatened to spill.

She stood and looked back at me, her face unreadable again "Your right I would never understand" she walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out an elegant gown, walking back over to the bed which the must have made before chasing me to Fathers study earlier this afternoon and laid the gown on the bed, carefully smoothing out any creases.

She blinked looking down at the natural colored plain looking dress with crystals that shimmered on the neckline and forming the straps of the dress, Cavelle admired the dress then closed her eyes as if she had a heart breaking thought, when she opened her eyes they were glazed over in sadness "Father is trying his best to protect you, Gods forbid you get hurt or worse" she closes her eyes again briefly and swallows hard, was she swallowing back tears? "It is our duty to do as our King wishes and stand by as the Hikari do what they have sworn to do even if it brings an untimely death" she barely whispered the last word and grimaced at the very word.

Only then does it click inside my mind that behind the pride she has for Rihdan and the false smile she has put on for so long while she encouraged and supported him in his dream to join the Hikari, she is so hurt and worried for the stupid oaf.

I roll my eyes and walk up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist in a hug and rest my chin on her shoulder "he will be fine you know" she sighs again softly and nods, I give her a gentle squeeze and let go walking towards my en-suite bathroom and stop before I step through the doorway.

"Please, just do your duty at tonight's formal ceremony as a Princess of Algaria, Mother wishes you to wear this" Cavelle points to the dress on the bed "Father will already be furious with today's actions so please don't give him anymore fuel" she pauses and looks at the face that I pull in disgust at the dress "Please Kitana, for me" her eyes pleaded and I can't say no when she looks at me like that so I nod defeated and she gives a weak smile then walks out closing the door carefully behind her.

~*~

I cringe at the woman that stares back at me in the mirror unable to recognize myself under all the makeup and hair which is neatly pinned back in loose curls and about a million pins.

The nude dress is very plain at the front and long sleeves cover my arms flowing gracefully down to my feet making me look every bit of elegant. My toes painted a nice red not that it mattered because my dress covered the strappy red heels I wore. I run my hands down the curves I apparently have trying to smooth down the soft fabric that hugged all the right places. I turn slightly to look at my back in the mirror and bite my lower lip nervously the back of the dress hung off of my shoulders like a waterfall and my back was bare for all to see all the way to my lower back it would look stunning if it was on anybody but me... but I guess I could look worse.

"Oh my, Kitana" Mother stares at me with admiration and all I can do is smile awkwardly waiting for a lecture from her before Father.

"Thanks Sudran" another nickname from our forgotten language meaning 'Mother'. I was then embraced in a tight hug. She always seemed to smell of peppermint since I was little, I figured it must be something in her perfume that mustn't have changed.

"Come" she said as she took my hand and practically dragged me into the bathroom routing through my makeup box and pulls out a tube of lipstick grabbing a small lip brush then proceeded to paint my lips which made me roll my eyes, when she finished she stepped back to admire her work "The finishing touch" My Mother looked stunning, she was my height, her skin wasn't as fair as ours, her golden blonde locks were pinned up in a beautiful up-do and her eyes were green with a yellow ring around the pupil. She wore a simple white dress which covered her body but looked so elegant and regal.

I blink and look into the mirror one last time and indeed my lips were as crimson as my hair was "Mother you know I hate to stand out" I breathed a little annoyed at the fact I looked like a clown.

"Oh hush Kitana, the colour matches your hair perfectly, you will be fighting the men off with a stick my love" I just sigh and nod my head knowing there is really no point in arguing with my Mother as she will always win "Come, the formal is in full swing and your Father is waiting" I take her arm that she offered and walk out to the balcony with her.

We get to the landing and I lean over the balcony to see people dancing, talking and having a great time "thank you Kit" my sister says simply as she touched my arm which makes me smile and look over at her "You look beautiful" she chuckles at me.

"Thanks, you too... same designer?" I ask sarcastically and roll my eyes and chuckle along with her. From behind I see Rihdan walk towards us, he looked so handsome, well for Rihdan in a tuxedo and his hair slicked back but looking like he'd run his hands through it a million times.

"Kitana what is it?" Cavelle obviously notices my attention is somewhere else as Rihdan stops just behind her.

"Turn around" I smirk at her as she rose a brow and did what she was told. Rihdan's eyes widen as he sees her properly and gives her a heart stopping smile then took her hand and gently kisses it which makes her blush, the scene makes me smile, it's stupid really but I secretly wish I could find a love like that one day.

The music dies down and I look over to my family readying themselves to make a grand entrance. I nod my head and also begin readying myself looking around for Luca and suddenly remembering that he decided he wanted to go with Lani tonight.

Once announced my parents start to walk down the stairs while Cavelle and Rihdan stood at the top of the steps waiting for their announcement and slowly walk down, panic instantly grabs me like the rotten mistress she is as I take one last flustered look around praying that somebody... anybody would take my arm and escort me down.

As if the Gods were looking down on me I feel a hand on my lower back leading me towards the stairs and takes my left hand in his as my name is announced, I couldn't take a peek at my escort as I would look like a fool so I promised myself I would kiss his feet in thanks. I place a forced smile on my face trying with everything to make it look as natural as possible, constipation and panic was not a good look for a Princess I was sure of it. When we got to the bottom step my family is already posed to dance and Cavelle looks at me her mouth agape in shock then quickly composes herself.

I get twirled and place a hand on my mystery man's chest to steady myself, he took it and held it out with his other hand sliding from the top of my back to rest at the curve in my spine to support me. Instantaneously tingles burst through my body that makes me finally look up to see a very smug elf looking down at me with a sparkle in his eyes, the awkward smile falling from my face and my brows knit together in confusion "Tetsu?" I manage to choke out.

The music begins to play and we begin to sway to the beat. He smiles brilliantly and chuckles "Ah, so you do know my name" he twirls me then draws me close to his perfectly sculpted body.

I was beyond confused "but why?" I didn't understand? We despised each other, why would he help me?

Irritatingly he replied "Why not?" I could only think of punching him square in the jaw for his vague answers but remembered everyone's eyes are on me so I must put on the song and dance and pretend I was enjoying myself.

He twirled me again and watched me carefully "If you are after an apology for earlier you won't be getting it, I'm not that easily swayed...plus you deserved it" I smiled sweetly at him.

He chuckled softly and it made my heart stop beating for a moment, I hated my traitorous body even more in that moment "You look stunning Princess" my heart stammered again, I was starting to get angry with my body. No-one has even had that effect on me this way so why body, have you started now?

I was so luckily my head was playing this game thank the Gods "you scrub up well for an elf" I said sarcastically. I totally fail at good come backs I internally sigh.

He smiled again pulling me closer to him, I could feel every hard muscle etched on his beautiful body pressed to mine and I was losing focus quickly. His lips brushed the top of my ear as he whispered "a simple thank you would suffice Princess". He ran his hand down my bare back again his fingers gently stroking my skin which sent shivers all over it made me feel like a quivering wreck as he dipped me low and pulled me up tightly to him. I swallow hard again as he leans down again his glorious lips brushing against the shell of my ear making something stir deep inside of me "Your welcome, Kitana" the sound of his husky voice whispering my name made me want to faint with all the feelings buzzing through my body.

Tetsu smirked down at me as I stared up at him dumbfounded, he knew full well what kind of effect he has on me. I came back to reality when the music stopped and everyone clapped loudly, many of them staring at me and whispering amongst themselves.

"May I have the next dance with my daughter" My Father cuts in and Tetsu gave him my hand willingly before he bows to the King and walks away. That stupid, stupid elf, how dare he come to my rescue like a knight, and will these blasted tingles STOP! They are driving me crazy! "Kitana?" a voice breaks through my insane thoughts and I looked up at my Father swallowing hard and waiting for my Father's wrath. "We need to talk" he said sternly.

We danced to the next song that the band played which was a little more upbeat and lively than the last "Father.. I..I'm sorry, I don't know what come over me... it's just-"

Father looked at me puzzled, cutting me off "Kitana what are you apologizing for? It should be I who should be apologizing"

I sigh relieved and shook my head "Never mind Tytto, What was it you wanted to talk about?" I wondered why Tetsu didn't tell my papa what happened.

He shook off his puzzled look and gained a thoughtful look instead "It was insensitive of me, I didn't mean to upset you" he paused and gazed down at me as if I was precious "but when you have children of your own you will understand, you will do everything in your power to protect them".

I sigh softly, why did everyone seem to think that I needed to be protected "its fine Tytto" I lied, after the song finished Father took my hand and lead me to his throne and he sat upon it and I stood beside him watching his face as he turns to me trying to search for the words to tell me something and it was then I knew it was going to be a command coming from my King rather than a request from my Father. I gulped nervously.

He sighs, his eternal fight over and the King won the battle "Being born into this, this world" he gestures to his crown and I knew he meant into royalty "We are expected to follow certain rules that were set down before us, before your mother and I were born" I nod smiling trying to hide that bad feeling I was getting deep in the pit of my stomach "When we came to a certain age and we hadn't matched ourselves" he paused trying to think of a different approach "you see Kitana, your Mother and I were promised to one another when we were your age too."

"P-promised?" I stutter... surely he doesn't mean?

"Yes promised to marry my dear... you are almost twenty now it's time for you to settle down, Cavelle-"

"Cavelle knows?" I cut him off abruptly my mind swimming with a thousand questions and my smile falling ungracefully off of my face, sliding my hand from his and run them through my hair scrapping my nails along my scalp to calm myself.

"Yes, she knows... it's really not something to get upset about Kit-" my Father started

I can't handle it, my chest feels so constricted and I can't breathe, I need air, I need to clear my mind. I must have looked like a frightened rabbit as I hitched up my dress and bolted out of the back door to the gardens, walking over to the wall and dropping my skirt to place my hands on the wall to steady myself the cold stone on my hands helping me to gain focus, trying my hardest to breathe slowly in and out while a war goes on in my mind.

How could my parents do this to me!? What did I do wrong? I wasn't ready to settle down, and now I must marry a stranger. Why? The Elders are long buried, what would they care? A tear of frustration escapes and I suddenly feel a hand on my arm. I close my eyes for a second as tingles erupt through my body, I really don't need this right now!

"Are you ok Princess?" I turn and look at him, his brown eyes search mine in worry and I just lose it, my eyes must have taken on a red glow as rage washes through me like a red hot poker and I glare at him, if looks could kill he would be dead in an instant "Woah, Kitana?" he swallowed hard and took his hand off of my arm and backed away but it was too late I needed to release some of my anger before I burst.

"Am I ok?" I said quietly almost deadly "Am I ok!?... Do I look ok to you!?" I began to scream at him "What kind of stupid question is that!? Of course I'm not ok, you idiotic elf!" he smiled at the elf part which makes my anger explode and I swing at him, my fist colliding with his jaw which makes him fall to the floor rubbing his already bruising wound "what are you a stalker!? Who gave you the right to be my knight in shining armor!?" I tower over him menacingly.

he quickly jumped up to his feet and held his hands up in surrender then looks at something behind me, people probably ready to spread the gossip of the mad Princess that lashed out, but he is distracted enough for my hits to land his body as I scream at him in fury "I can't believe you've been here but a day and my world crumbles, I hate you!" I hit him again making his lip bleed.

"Kitana! You don't mean that!" my sister distracts me long enough for Tetsu to lunge at me, wrapping his arms around me and I thump at his chest repeatedly but his grip gets tighter and I stop. In that instant all I can do is sob into his chest completely overwhelmed by this entire day, one of his hands rests on the back of my head and strokes my hair gently in a comforting way "Shh... that's it, let it all out" I hear him coo in a whisper, I thank the Gods he is holding me as my legs buckle but he keeps me up without any effort.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 1K 29
||WATTY 2021 SHORTLIST|| Ex-Princess-Bride wants to marry her beloved Dragon, but when a curse threatens their happily ever after, they are left raci...
375 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
10.3K 250 9
My name is Kokorohime Higurashi, Kokoro for short, and I am the 19 year old brother of Kagome Higurashi. I'm the older brother of us three. I was bor...
1.3M 90.9K 60
WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION Island princess Yenni is searching for a way to save her father's life, but a handsome yet infuriating shapeshifting dragon...