Graveyard Watchman (Book 1)

By LeslieFear

**Former Wattpad Featured Story** He lifted his eyes to me and I was instantly captivated. He was sheer beaut... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Cast of Characters - Kate
Cast of Characters - Dominic
Cast of Characters - Zack
Cast of Characters - Skylar
Cast of Characters - Aunt Kelly
Cast of Characters - Uncle John
Cast of Characters - Gideon
Cast of Characters
The dark forest...
Seraph Fighter
The Demon, Zull
The Seraphian Castle
Seraph Chapel and Minister Ezekiel
Dominic in the forest...
The Cemetery in Fog
Healing Crystals
REVIEWS ARE LIKE GOLD!!
Graveyard Watchman (Book 3) Gemini
Apollo Sun

Chapter 73

5.2K 365 37
By LeslieFear

Zack reaches for my hand and gives me a concerned smile that barely reaches his eyes.

"Get some rest. We'll talk about this later, " he says, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

He walks over to Dominic and stops, whispering something in his ear that I can't hear and quickly walks out. Dominic looks at me, nods and turns around, reaching for the latch on the door.

"Dominic, wait." I say, stopping him from going any further. "Talk to me."

His back is to me and I can't see his face but my heart feels like it's in my throat. He doesn't want to stay—I can practically smell it on him.

"You must rest," he says in almost a whisper, but there's something else behind his tone. Something I can't quite put my finger on. Could it be sorrow? Disappointment? I'm not sure, but it feels a little like both.

"Talk to me." I say, praying he gives in.

Nausea instantly hits my gut when his head drops but this time, it's not from saving a Demon. He doesn't want to talk—hell, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even want to be in the same room with me.

"I'm—I'm sorry." I say so quickly I'm not exactly sure which part I'm sorry about—saving Uncle John or pulling rank on him. Again. Either way, I can't blame him. I put his life, my brother's life and even my own life in danger in the process. I'm not fit to do this. I'm clearly not cut out to make serious life decisions, no matter how much I've physically changed.

A flood of tears spill down my cheeks and I pull the sheet up to cover my eyes when suddenly, I feel a hand on my back.  I look up and Dominic is gazing down at me with an expression I've never seen before—almost as if he's forgiving me.

I hope I'm right because if this is something else, like pity, I really am going to puke.

"There are things you must understand, Kate," he says, slipping his palm to the side of my face.

"I know." I say in a whisper, licking another salty tear that somehow escaped.

He moves a little closer and sits beside me on the bed. "If I am to be your mate," his fingers wrap around mine and we lock eyes. "I will be your equal—and nothing less."

Gulp, I know why he's saying this. And I deserve every word.

"I agree." I whisper, reaching for his other hand. "I never meant to hurt you."

He grins, as if accepting my apology and the relief on my face must show because he smiles a little. "I know," his expression changes and he looks away as his brows push together, like he's reliving a terrible moment, "I came very close to losing you," he swallows, "I do not ever—" he stops like it's too painful to say, "You have so much to learn but you must allow me to help you."

"I will, I promise." I answer as new tears stream down my cheeks.

He lets go of my hands and pulls me to him. The incredible smell of his skin and the warmth of his body so close to mine is like coming home. I finally have someone else to rely on. I finally have someone who will always have my back.

His head lifts away a little and his lips cup my ear. "You are my Queen and I will honor you as long as I have breath," he whispers, the heat coming off his words and the sincerity behind them sending goose bumps up and down my body. "Let us make decisions together," he kisses a trail along the side of my neck, like he knows I'm slightly turned on. "As a team."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 9.4K 18
Phoebe Rivers has dreamed of becoming a Royal Guard since she was six. At the age of 21, her dreams come true. Her charge, the crown prince of the en...
233 34 10
*WATTYS2018 Longlisted* He saw a pair of eyes, his eyes. But they were elongated, angled and a deep, angry red... Thame is, on the surface, an avera...
132K 6.7K 35
He's here, he's always here. Watching me, protecting me. Even if I can't see him I know he's here. I can sense him. You know those moment's you get...
2.1M 51.5K 62
"Breathe." He dipped his head down so that his lips were right at my ear, his strong arm wrapped securely around my waist, molding my body into his...