10 days of purging

Oleh emmaxo123

1 day of purging is one bad thing, but 10 days of purging in an insane one. "This is not a test, this is you... Lebih Banyak

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

8

584 15 5
Oleh emmaxo123

March 21
(Day one) 11:09pm

I followed behind him, feeling goosebumps appear all over my body, giving me the hint this wasn't going to be a good idea.

I know we need the guns and all to be safe, and to save Beth and Nash, but what if there is somebody in there with a Machine gun ready to kill us the very moment we step foot into the store.

What if they kidnap us and torture us for a whole ten days and kill us at the very last moment? Aw man that would be awful, I can't let that happen, I have Beth to save, and I can't let her down, I made a promise to her that we would be fine, she would be fine.

I will keep that promise, and I will never break it, ever. I will go through hell if that means I need to keep it. I will fight my way, just for her. For us.

I pulled on Cameron's arm before he can open the door and gave him a look. He raised his eyebrow and rolled his eyes as he noticed I wanted him to pull out his gun just in case anything were to happen.

"Fine, but I'm sure we don't need it" he pulled his gun out of his pants, pointing  it towards the door. I bit my lip and took a step behind him so he was in front of me. "Gotta be safe on the purge"

He chuckled softly, shaking his head a bit while staring at the door in front of him. I could tell he wasn't scared or bothered by any of this at all. It was like this was all normal for him.

I would like to ask him questions, and I have a lot that I want to ask. I just don't feel like it's the good time or moment. Oh what am i saying of course it's the right moment, I might die right now and I wouldn't even have the chance to ask any of it .

But at the same time I'm standing in front of a gun shop, ready to walk in and probably be shot multiple times with a pistol, machine gun, or even blown up by a grenade.

Just the thought of that makes me want to take up 5 minutes of our time just to talk about it. But I know the more time we waste, the more Beth will have less time of survival.

Before I could even blink, Cameron swung the doors opened and pointed the gun everywhere around the room.

I closed my eyes and sighed softly in relief, and walked into the store behind him. It looks like a lot of people already Been here since half of the stuff are missing.

Guess we weren't the only ones who actually thought about getting guns and bullets on purge nights.

"Don't just look around like a loss puppy, grab guns and bullets and put it in that bag of yours"  Cameron snapped me out of my gaze with a loud mutter.

I nodded my head while rolling my eyes. I placed my bag on the
Counter, and jumped over to the other side.

Luckily I still have plenty of room to put the guns and stuff. If I didn't that would've been awful.

I opened up the bag quickly, grabbing all the different kinds of guns and placing it into the bag. Cameron on the other hand was filling the bag with bullets and grenades.

"Are the grenades necessary?" I questioned. "What if it explodes in the bag and kills Me? Then what all this and saving my best friend would be for nothing because I would be dead"

He chuckled while zipping up the bag and swinging it across his shoulders. "Don't worry, I got it. You really thought I would trust you with all this? Yea really funny"

Ouch, why not trust me?

"What's wrong with me carrying all those things?" I couldn't help but question with my arms crossed. He smirked and grabbed me a black loaded pistol and placed it into my palms. "Because" he mumbled. "now put that in your back pocket just in case anything happens"

I rolled my eyes and did as told. At least I don't need to Carry a heavy bag, bonus for me.

"Where we off to next?" I asked curiously. He loaded his gun loudly, making me flinch a bit before straightening up again.

"Walking, that's all. We need to walk for a few more hours and then find a place to sleep for the night"

What, no. I can't sleep when Beth is out with some psycho paths. I won't allow that, I can't allow that.

"Cameron, we need to help them today. I can't just go on thinking about what's happening to them"

He huffed loudly, walking towards the exist. "We don't have a choice, the place is hours away, and walking takes days, plus we have no car, and by Car that takes 2 days"

"How do you know where it is? How did you know those people? How come they came to take you and Nash? Why are you so calm about it?" Words spilled out of my mouth.

He licked hit lips, and tilted his head back as if he was getting annoyed. "Don't worry about it okay. Just worry about getting there before 10 days and that's it"

I opened my mouth to speak but immediately closed it. I know that if I have anything to say he wouldn't answer any of it, and he will just start getting really annoyed with me for asking him so many things.

But I do have the right to ask, and I do have the right to know why in the hell he knows where they are. He just won't tell me anything, and I need to figure a way to get all the information out of him.

"Okay" I answered slowly. "Lets go then"

He nodded his head in agreement, and walked out of the store. I followed towards it seeing Cameron run back inside and lock it quickly with an unreadable expression.

He stayed silent for a few seconds before bursting into words. "Trucks are outside with lots of people and guns, we can't leave, and if we do we need to find somewhere safe to leave"

Shock ran through my body. The purge is now going to start to get bloody and scary. I can't handle that.

Yes you can Eva

"There's no where to go, that's the only exit"

I looked around the room quickly seeing a vent. "We can hide in there until we know for sure Their gone", he thought about it for a moment until we heard the door shaking quickly. "Yea, common"

He ran towards the vent, plopping it right opened and snapping his attention towards me.

"Common hurry you first"

I nodded my head, climbing into the vent as quickly as I could.

It was really small in here and I mean really small. I laid down on my back feeling nervous for what was going to come next.

Cameron climbed up quickly looking in the vent before cursing under his breath. He new what was going to happen next and so did I, and I do no like it.

He plopped the peace to the vent right on, and laid on top of me so we could both fit. He lifted most of his weight so he wouldn't crush me, which I doubt. I'm a strong girl, I think.

This was more awkward than I thought it would be.

The door from the shop slammed on to the ground, making me shake a bit. I could hear loud footsteps walking around the shop and grabbing what was left behind.

"Hurry we don't have all day people, we need to find that girl" a male voice yelled. For some reason he sounded a bit familiar. It was as if I heard that voice before.

"She's different from what I've seen before" he started. "And I want her, and I want her alive"

Wait I remember that voice, I know who that is. It's that man from the store earlier today, and the man who broke into mine and Beth's home. Is he really trying to find me?

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath softly for only me and Cameron to hear. He raised his eyebrow and licked his lips. He stared into my eyes for a few seconds before looking away.

"What?" He whispered. "Those people that are down there, are after me"

He chuckled softly looking back into my eyes. "what did you do?"

Should I tell him?

"I told him off outside a grocery store before the purge was about to start and I said to Beth we were going to be fine when he threatened me with a knife and hovered over me, and I guess that pissed him off, so he broke into mine and Beth's home, we jumped out and window, and now he is still looking for me"

"That is something" he chuckled with a really small smile.

Wow this is the first time me and him are having a normal conversation without wanting to slit each other's throats out.

"Common lets go" a male voice shouted.

Loud running noises filled the room, going silent as the sound of the door closed. I guess we are in the clear now.

"I think we are safe now" I told Cameron.

He nodded his head, and kicked the vent door opened while jumping out. I moved out slowly feeling hands wrap around my waist and place me on to the ground so I wouldn't need to jump.

"Thanks" I faced Cameron with a small smile. He nodded his head and picked up the bag he hided in the big garage can. "Yea whatever, let's just go"

I mouthed an 'okay' and followed him out of the store.

                 Here comes hell

***

A/n

Opps I haven't updated in awhile

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.5M 2.4K 3
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...
330K 21.8K 36
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
375K 14K 91
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
369K 42.7K 20
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...