From Pittsburgh to California...

By DanceMomsxMJfan

After a competition, Abby and Jamaal announce to the girls and their moms that they have found a studio in Ma... More

From Pittsburgh to California (Dance Moms Fanfic)
Chapter 1: The Announcement
Chapter 2: Saying Goodbye to Pittsburgh
Chapter 3: Welcome to Malibu
Chapter 4: Dance Assignments and Rehearsals
Chapter 5: New York, New York
Chapter 6: Competition and Awards
Chapter 7: Picnic Plans
Chapter 8: Telling the girls about the picnic
Chapter 10: Ambush
Chapter 11: Rescue
Chapter 12: Coping

Chapter 9: Picnic, ALDC Style

196 0 2
By DanceMomsxMJfan

My alarm sounded through my room at 7:30 AM as i began to stir and rise from my slumber as today was saturday and today would be the first ever Abby Lee Dance Company picnic which would start as i saw the beautiful sun still rising over the ocean without a single cloud in sight. Then when i turn to the right, i see Abby staring at me with a smile on her face, she was wearing her usual black attire, but this time instead of her usual sneakers, she was wearing flip-flops. Brooke and Paige spent the night at Chloe's.

"Good Morning, my handsome king." Abby said.

"Good Morning, my wonderful dance queen." I replied as she and i exchanged a quick kiss as i got up from my bed and slipped my bare feet into some slippers.

"I can see you've been waiting for the picnic." She told me.

"Yep, we're gonna have a lot of fun today and with no clouds in sight, it's gonna be a pefect day for a picnic and i've got the food that was on the list." I said,

"I've got a surprise for you and it's in your living room." Abby told me.

"Ok, but first, i've gotta shower." I informed her as she nods, then i head to the bathroom and jump in the shower, i spray my six pack with axe spray deodorant, after i step out on the tile floor, i head for the sink, pull out a toothbrush and begin to brush my teeth, which makes my teeth a brightening white, i head back to my bedroom and put on a black a-shirt, blue jogging pants and a blue short sleeved shirt that's open.

"Ok, Abs, what's the surpr--" I was about to finish my sentence, until i had a shocked, and surprised look on my face and standing before me was Sophia Lucia with her mother, Jackie. Asia Monet Ray and her mother, Kristie and last but not least standing next to Asia was McKalyee True and her mother, Shari.

"I thought i'd invite a few old friends of yours and the girls to the picnic, so i made some phone calls two days ago." Abby told me.

"Hey, lil firecracker!" I exclaimed as i gave Asia a hug, i was so happy to see some old dancing friends.

"How have you been?" Asia asked me.

"I've been doing good." I replied, then McKaylee and Sophia latched theirselves on to me, giving me a hug.

"Hey, Jamaal." McKaylee said as she gave me a hug.

"I heard you and Abby are dating." Kristie said, raising her eyebrow.

"That we are." Abby admitted. "We've been dating since Christmas Eve last year, it all started when Gianna broke up with Jamaal and it hurt him a lot, two weeks later, Gianna came to me and asked me to be there for him and on Christmas eve, we admitted our love for each other and then on Christmas day, we told the girls and their mothers."

"I guess the fates wanted you two together." Shari said.

"Who's ready to go?"

"I'm ready!" Sophia, Asia and McKaylee

"If they're ready, then i'm ready." I chuckled as we headed to the RV and i drove to the park where the picnic was gonna be.

Abby, myself, Asia, Sophia, McKaylee, Kristie, Shari and Jackie arrived first at the Sequia National Park three hours later as i found a place and it had a shelter with picnic tables, a grill surrounded by lots of trees, and we pulled out the food that could feed two states and i was gonna put on the grill, the coolers that the pops would be in and we began to set it up as i put on a Kiss The Cook apron and put some of the food on the grill, then i feel two beefy arms around me.

"What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh nothing, just to let you know, this was a very great idea of yours." Abby said as i looked at her, then i laughed a little.

"The moment i met you, you were a cutie but you grew into a hot looking guy that is a charmer." Abby told me as she leaned into me as i felt her lips brush mine. Our kiss was broken by a gagging sound near by. It was Maddie, Mackenzie and Melissa who had just arrived.

"PDA Alert!" Maddie shouted.

"That's a sight i did not want to see." Melissa groaned.

"Hey Sophia!" Maddie squealed, seeing her old friend agan as the two shared a hug Asia and McKaylee gave Mackenzie a Hug as well.

"How have you been doing?" Maddie asked the dancing prodigy.

"I've been doing good." Sophia replied.

"I heard you guys moved to Malibu." Asia said to Mackenzie

"We did, we love the weather here." Mackenzie responded.

Minutes later, Everyone arrived and caught up on old times as the Moms were doing the same thing as well as i was still cooking the food. Payton was playing football with McKaylee, Brooke was playing the ring toss game with Chloe and Paige, Nia was just sitting around on her phone, Kendall was sitting with Payton's older sister Taylor, Kalani was dancing to the music while Maddie and Mackenzie were just talking with Abby and the food was finished, but it wasn't time to eat yet.

"Has Cathy still been trying to beat you guys again?" Kristie asked.

"Every single time we face off at a competition, she still tries to beat us which is rare because Abby and Jamaal have a plan and that worked." Christi explained.

"I hope you don't mind asking me this, but what ever happened to Kelly?" Shari asked, then Melissa told her the entire story of Kelly's attack on Me and Abby that got her expelled from the ALDC.

"Whoa...." Jackie was stunned after she heard the story.

"Everybody, who wants to play one of my favorite games, the water balloon toss?" I asked and everyone raised their hands. "Well it's a landslide, everyone get a partner and remember, if your water balloon breaks then you're out!" And here were the teams as Ryleigh elected to sit this one out:

Abby/Me

Maddie/Mackenzie

Brooke/Kendall

Paige/Chloe

Nia/Asia

Kalani/Payton

Taylor/McKaylee

Shari/Melissa

Christi/Kristie

Leslie/Jackie

Jill/Holly

"I hope your fingers are not like butterfingers" Abby told me.

"Don't worry, i'm mr sticky fingers!" I replied.

Then we began to toss our Balloons to each other and the first team to be eliminated was Leslie and Jackie after Jackie narrowly missed catching the balloon, which pops after hitting the ground.

"Butterfingers!" Leslie groaned seeing Jackie miss the catch and after 10 minutes everyone was out except for Abby/Me and Kalani/Payton. Abby then threw the water balloon to me, then i make a diving catch and it didn't pop then Kalani threw her water balloon to payton, but however it was too high and it went over her head, and popped after hitting the ground, giving Me and Abby the win.

"We Win!" Abby screamed as she ran to me and gave me a big hug, which i accepted and we celebrated our victory as everyone else looked dejected over losing to me, then Ryleigh grabbed a water balloon and threw it at me, and it hit me point blank range in my face.

"Gotcha!" Ryleigh shouted, laughing at me.

"Ohhh....if that's how you want to play." I walked over and grabbed a water balloon. "Well two can play at that game!" I wound up and threw the water balloon like a fastball, Ryleigh ducked and it hit Maddie in the face.

"Oops." I meekly said

"You're gonna get it now, Mr. Water Balloon Thrower." Maddie declared as she grabbed a water balloon and threw it in my direction, but instead of hitting me, it hit Abby in the face.

"Cue Mean Abby!" Payton gulped, when she saw her dance teacher turn around after the impact of the water balloon.

"All right, girls! You asked for it!" Abby yelled as she threw a water balloon, then the next thing you know, it turned out to be a water balloon war as James and Aaron were cooking the food in my place while i was playing with Abby, Gianna and the girls in the water balloon fight, at the end, Chloe and Paige got hit the most.

"Come and get it!" James shouted, we all came running toward the food like a stampede of deer and grabbed what we wanted to eat. I grabbed a hot dog as the girls grabbed what they wanted and after eating, the girls invited me to play volleyball with them and i decided to join them for it.

"Ok, what are the teams gonna be?" McKaylee asked.

"How about this the team names can be the spikers and the thrashers. Me, Nia, Payton, Brooke, Kalani and McKaylee can be the spikers and Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe, Paige, Ryleigh and Kendall can be the thrashers. how does that sound?" I offered

"Ok, the teams are set." Then Payton serves the ball first and it sails over the net, Kendall hits it back as Kalani spiked it back to them, Mackenzie leapt to hit the ball and it was a back and forth game and the score was tied at 22.

"Whoever gets this score will win the game!" Nia yelled and then the ball was being hit from one side to another and then Payton jumped so high in the air, she spiked the ball and it sailed past Maddie, who narrowly missed, giving the team

"Payton for the win!" I shouted as i gave her a hug, then i headed over to where Abby and the moms were.

"Having fun with the girls?" Abby asked me as i sat down with her and the moms.

"Yeah." I panted, sweating from that volleyball game as i grabbed a Coca Cola. "Got a question for you all, who do you think was the best Batman in the movies, Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney or Christian Bale?"

"My vote goes to Adam West, he did a classic job as Batman." Abby said.

"Michael Keaton's potrayal as Batman was great in my opinion." Melissa added

"Christian Bale looked kinda cute in those tights." Kira slyly stated.

"I say George Clooney, although Batman & Robin got two stars and the critics panned the movie." Leslie added as we talked about a lot of things and our favorite moments in the ALDC and then i felt like i needed to use the bathroom.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom, i'll be back."

"OK, honey." Abby replied as i gave her a kiss on the cheek as the moms looked in disgust, then i headed down to the bathroom, but little did i know that someone was gonna be there when i finished my business...

***

Get ready for the next chapter, because that has a butt kicking

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 62 5
High achiever, don't you see? Dance Moms / Female OC Slow Updates 2024 © marlborocuts
21.7K 335 13
Nini is one of Abby's most prized students. She's hardworking, determined, and she wins. What more could Abby want from a student? What happens when...
6.6K 177 42
Maci Ziegler. Maddie Ziegler little sister and Mackenzie big sister. A girl who dances for the ALDC but when an amazing opportunity comes in for a re...
1.6K 4 11
Two years after Abby's son Shane rode off into the sunset with a title at Nationals in Lake Tahoe, which was his last competition as a competitive da...