Funny how love works (A Spoby...

بواسطة Kelys151

Spencer and Toby are now living their current lives separatly. They haven't seen each other since the breakup... المزيد

Chapter 1: Hello again
Chapter 2: Cookies and Sundays
Chapter 3: This is A Goodbye
Chapter 4: the Fight
Chapter 5: The Decision
Chapter 6: Detective Hanna
Chapter 7: Troubles
Chapter 8: Nobody knows where we mind end up
Chapter 9: Post it and Memories
Chapter 10: Limerence
Chapter 11: Together even in pain
Chapter 12: Don't Let Go
Chapter 13: Happiness never last
Chapter 14: A.D and misery
Chapter 16: Pictures & Pills
Chapter 17: Explanations
Chapter 18: Police or Secrets ?
Chapter 19: To trust or not
Chapter 20: Worst day of their lives
Chapter 21: Ohhh the guilt
Chapter 22: How do you feel ?
Chapter 23: This Weird Computer
Chapter 24: A Good night of Sleep
Chapter 25: I know who A.D is
Chapter 26: The End of a bad Period
Last chapter: An Unusual Wedding
A/N 1K ❤️

Chapter 15: Keys & Blackmail

184 8 10
بواسطة Kelys151

Spencer's POV
It has been a few days since Toby left and I still cry every night. It's like a permanent heartache, no matter what i do or think about, i don't get better.
The worst thing is, i shouldn't act like this i mean, he loves me and will come back, i know he will. But i still feel empty and alone. Gracie is here but it's not the same. Poor girl doesn't know what to do about me, i'm such a mess.
I haven't got out of the apartment since he left, she goes and comes out of school alone, i can't believe I'm doing this to her.
Toby hasn't called yet. Why hasn't he called ? He told me he would! Maybe he doesn't love me anymore, maybe he's not coming back. Stop it Spence, he loves you and probably has an explanation
Mayb- *ding*
Unknown number
"Hello? " i mumble between tears
" Spence ? Omg i'm so glad to hear you"
"To- Toby? Why did-"
"I'm so sorry baby. Someone's stolen my phone while i was on the plane. I'm calling from the office. What time is it there? It's pretty early in Paris."
" 3.45 Pm. I'm so happy you called. I thought you forgot about me"
" Never. Never... Listen, i have to go but can I call you when i get out of work? I know it's going to be late but "
"Call me whenever you want i'll always answer". I try not to sound sad but i think i fail.
Grace should come back in about 15 minutes, i'd better clean myself up before she sees me like this. Again.

*knock knock*
" Use you key honey!"
*knock knock*
"Coming just a sec"
Why is she here that early. She usually arrives at 4... What happened ?

I open the door
"You're early what happened at sc-"
It's not Grace.
"What are you doing here girls? "
I say to Aria, Em, Ali and Hanna.
" We're here to cheer you up. Tonight you're having fun!"
" Guys it's nice of you but i can't go out tonight. Grace has school tomorrow and she should be coming back any minu-"
"Already taken care of! " Hanna yells in excitement
" She called us last night and told us what happened with you. Ezra and Caleb are taking care of her tonight and she knows about it" Aria continues
"Bu-"
"No buts Spence, you need to relax. Plus we haven't done this in a while"
I think a bit than answers
"Sometimes I hate the fact that this kid is so smart!"
"Is that a yes? "
" I guess so." I fake a smile. I really wanted to be alone but it can't hurt me to have some "fun" i guess

They enter the apartment and open up a bottle of wine and something non alcoholic for Hanna.
"So. Do you have any news? How's Paris?"

"He, hummm. He called me a few minutes ago for the first time and he had to go. But he seemed busy. It's good i guess..."

"Spence honey, don't worry. The months will pass. Plus you have your degree to pass, you have something to take him off your mind for a while"

"Yeah, I- I don't know about this anymore I mean. I can barely come out of the house and concentrate without crying, how Am I going to pass an exam? " i laugh ironically

"You're the smartest, you'll figure things out. You always do"

There is an awkward silence for a bit so i just ask something standard.
"Sooo, how are you doing girls? The last months only have been about me and Toby. How's the pregnancy going Hanna? "

"It's amazing. I can eat like crazy and Caleb is acting like a slave. So fun! We're going to know the gender soon actually"
We all laugh for a while.
They seem to be happy. Hope AD won't ruin this ....
Aria and Ezra are going to publish (again!) and they're trying to have a child.

"Guys" *Ali and Em take each others hands*
"We have to annonce something... We're kind of dating now"

" Omg that's amazing!!!" I yell in excitement
"It s actually the first good news I've heard for the last two weeks. I'm so happy for you guys!!"

"How and when did it happen. I want to know everything!" Aria says while taking a zip.

"Well, a few weeks ago we were talking about you guys actually. How happy you were when you and Toby found each other again. Things got sentimental and it just. Happened"

"A few weeks ago you say ? " Aria asks

"Yes. Why so important?"

"Oh nothing. Hanna Pay up!"

"Yes please" i add

"The fuck ? " Alison asks, chuckling

" We... kind of made a bet on you two. Aria and I bet that you would happen in July. Hanna said it would be in august or September. She now owes us 50 bucks each"

We all laugh and talk for a while until Hanna exclaims
"Ok, now let's go out! I wanna dance since i won't be able to for a while"

"Han, i look like crap (i think about about as i say this. I smile). I can't go out like this"

"Who cares! We'll dance in the street and won't drink too much"

"I'm in. I can't be drunk anyway i have to be at my parents' s tomorrow at like 9. My father is coming to visit"

"Yeah i have stuff too." Aria and Ali continues
"Come one Spenceeee. You need this"

"I'm sorry guys but i don't feel it. Toby has to call me in the night anyway..."
Hanna seems disappointed but, i really don't think i should go out. I'm not ready to have fun outside this house.

"Okay then. Guess we'll go now. Happy to cheer you up for a few hours" Aria smiles
"Take care" Ali adds.
I open the door for them and receive a text before closing it.

" You know that when the working day is done girls just wanna have fun Spencer ? You should go or else something could happen to someone
*two pictures. One of Toby, one of Emily's father* -A.D"

"Actually, i've changed my mind. Let's go"
They look surprised by my sudden change of mood but they accept it and we go.
We spend the night dancing around like stupid teenagers. It's fun at first but, i get sentimental again when i see text of Toby at 10 o clock.
"Love you"
"Love you too"

A tear run down my cheek but i hide it quickly. I don't want to talk about this anymore.
The "party" gets interrupted an hour later when Emily gets a phone call.
" A car accident? Oh my god! I'm coming right away!"
- Girls I. i have to go. It's my father he got into a car accident. Crazy driver who got away apparently. I have to go to the hospital now.

We all hug her and she calls a cab. Ali comes with her while Aria and Hanna take me back home.
"Thank you for tonight. It was nice" i fake a smile (again)

"Take care Spence. If you need anything just call girl. Grace should come back tomorrow"

I close the apartment and gets another text.

" You're not the only one to change your mind Girl
*picture of a crush car. Emily's Father's car*
Tell anyone and Toby'll die
A-D. "
----------------------------------
Toby's POV
This is harder than i thought... i've been here for 4 days and i already miss her so bad.
I don't have any news, i barely could talk to her without bursting into tears. I can't show that i'm weak, she's be devastated if she knew how i really was. I know it's late but i have to call her.

- Spence? You awake?
- humm yes. Didn't get much sleep *she gaps*
- Oh why? Are you okay? Any A.D texts ?
She thinks before answering
- Err, no. I just miss you around here i don't sleep much that's it.
I know she's lying.
- Spencerrr, i know you. What's going on?
- I promise you, nothing. Everything is fine. How's work?
- Okay i guess. My boss is nice.
- Really? That's nice. How is he?
- Actually it's a she
Oh. Maybe i shouldn't have said that.
- Ohhh *she pauses* that's nice...
- You and only you Spence *i reassure her* You don't have to worry. You never have to worry. Did you find the key in your nightstand that i left?
- Hum, yes. I'll go to the humm place (i can't tell she's lying again)Listen, i'm gonna try to sleep now, i have to go back to the hospital tomorrow. Emily's father got into a car accident.i'll call you tomorrow k?
- *i pause* Okay then. Take care of her.
- Thank. Oh and Toby?
- What?
- I love you ❤️
- *i smile* Love you two

She hangs up.
That's weird, she sounded distant and preoccupied. What isn't she telling me. I'll ask the girls if I have to time
*vrrr vrrr*

"Wow the hospital. Guess what cute British doctor in here right now talking to Em? Only a matter of time until he gets to Spence. Tick tock tick tock
- A-D "

No way. No way! Ok Toby calm down, he's just working plus, if she trusts you with your boss, you can trust her with this. She haven't even seen him yet anyway. She may be lying about something, but it's not about that. It's never about that, she would not cheat on me. She won't cheat on me.
I hope she'll go to the warehouse and open it. It's important
_________________________
N/O's POV
A week has gone past and Spencer isn't getting any better. She still haven't looked for the key for that matter. Grace is spending most of her time at Aria and Ezra's because Spencer is too weak emotionally.
The girls keep getting A- texts but won't tell each other, they're afraid of what could happen so they just pretend.
Emily received threatening messages about her dad. She had to quit swimming because of it and she lost her scholarship. Alison had to play with Emily's hearth and break up with her. But she told her and they got back together. We don't know what A.D will do yet
Aria and Ezra got vocal messages of an unknown voice, about Grace with a video message attached to it. A girl who said that Ezra abused her a few months ago (that's false BTW) and that A.D could share in a second. They haven't told anyone what they had to do to please it yet, but it involves photoshopping...
Hanna & Caleb received a dead baby by mail, looked real but not for sure, by mail. Hanna can't sleep ever since...
Spencer, did not get any message since the last time, that was until this morning afternoon after a call from Toby.
-----------------------------------
Spencer's POV

"Hey hey, don't cry. Two weeks have gone and you're doing great. You can do it Spence, i know you can"
" Toby can't you see I'm miserable, let me come see you, let me-"
"Honey, it will only make things worse. You won't be able to go if you come to Paris with me"
Why is he pushing me back like this? Doesn't he want to see me ?
"Don't you want me ?"
" There is no one or nothing i would want more but, the sooner and the faster I finish this, the faster i'll be back for good. Look, we're already having The paycheck in a week"

//////// Toby's POV at the same time

" She has to believe you reject her for some reason. Just act like you need her to stay in Rosewood no matter what. That it's "for the best". Do otherwise and she may have an "accident" at home
- A.D"

- Please let me come and see you-

Oh Spencer i want you to come here. There is nothing i would want more. Coming here was a bad idea but now, it's too late... Please you have to get the fact that I'm lying when i say this, i know you can recognize my lying voice

-Honey, it will only make things worse. You won't be able to go back if you come to Paris with me

God i wish i could hold her, i wish i could see her, smell her. Talk to her without being manipulated by some creep...
____________________
Back to Spencer's POV

I don't care about the paycheck anymore, i just want you to be here. Please come back it's too hard.
Is something that i should have said, but with AD around, i can't show this. I just have to look desperate and sad, which i am actually.

- Only two more months after this ? * i try to hold back my tears*
- Only this, i promise... You need to see this warehouse. It'll make you feel better, just take to key in your nightstand, it's a green one.
- What's in there anyway? You seem to be attached to it.
- It's something that i haven't shown to anyone, ever. But i feel that you need to see it.
Please try to get better, you're the only thing that keep me going I need you.
- I'll try... Love you and Toby?
- Yes?
- If you get any A.D news, you'll call me right?
- I love you Spencer
He hugs up.

Okay no, it did not answer me properly. What is he hiding ? What is he hiding from me?
Anyway, i go look into my nightstand and find the key. But no address, nothing. Just a not saying "under the "welcome" rug"
I go and find a piece of paper with
" Want your prince charming's address? Okay then. I'll give it to you if you go to the brew at 5 PM afterwards. Careful bitch, if you don't show up your precious Grace will lose two more parents
- A.D"

This will never stop right ? Why is this happening again? After 5 years, it's like high school all over again😭.
I right "Yes" on the note and put it back where it was. I don't know if it's going to see it but, neh.
I go back inside and immediately receive a text.
"A deal's a deal. I may be heartless but i keep my promises.
A.D"
I open the door and find a new paper. It's a photo actually. Of him, with an address on it. I quickly get into the car without dressing properly, i don't care i just have to know what's in there.
--------
I open the big room, close the door and turn the lights on. Boxes, boxes everywhere. I go through one of them and see paper. Actually, the only things in those boxes are paper with stuff on it.
Should i read ? Spencer he told you to go in here of course you have to read

Ok so that's it for this chapter. I'll write the rest tomorrow, hope it wasn't too bad :)
Thank you for reading don't forget to comment or like the story

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

43.3K 1K 56
It's been 5 years since Spencer and Toby have been together. Their lives have drastically Changed. When they are forced to come back to the town wher...
17.6K 326 27
Completed; It was hard, watching the man she loved stand at the alter and vow to love another woman for the rest of his life. Yes, it was extremely h...
216 20 13
Spencer and Toby are happy now that A gone but are they really gone? What about Noel and caleb are they coming back for ruin and wanting to kill Spen...
2.1K 52 16
Spencer just graduated and is waiting to leave for college, when someone gets in the way. ~ This is like super duper bad and I wouldn't read it if I...